Sundance Vacationshigh pressure sales

W

I went to the presentation, heard the schpeal for about 2 hours, I should have walked away immediately, but I have a really hard time telling "no" to anybody. I ended up buying a bare minimum package, 7 weeks for $2500 and they let me trade in my "free" cruise for an 8th week. They will tell you anything to get you to commit to a package, keep in mind also that if you get cold feet as I did, you can cancel within 3 days time. I think the law actually states a month, but don't push your luck. They talked me down promising that if I didn't like the program I could get a full refund, which ended up total bullcrap! The hotel I went to was nice, nothing slummy or fancy, but the part that I think is bs is they tell you that every week you buy will sleep 4 people and that just isn't true. Unless you can actually picture 2 of your grown adult friends sharing a pull-out or rollaway bed in a hotel room. The all-inclusives all carry $70/day/person mandatory meal-service, which is what a normal resort charges in the caribbean so why not just go there instead? The part I feel the most regret about is that you have to plan/book everything 90 days in advance to get what you want, otherwise you're taking your chances with the excess invetory, which is just like the island of misfit toys, it's the "leftovers." if you're someone who routinely makes travel plans and commitments that far in advance then this might be a value for you, but it's a miserable program for a single person who likes to book things a month or so in advance. Feel free to contact me if you have other? S, I really wish I could "undo" this but once again I got burned by being a little too trusting. I could sue them, sure. They're in pa, so unless you have a cousin lawyer who wants to waste their time on it, you're not going to touch them. Writing this commentary is about the only recourse i'll ever have, and helping people not get sold something they don't want/need would be my biggest pleasure to save you from my experience. The way I see it, if you really want to take a vacation, the economy is so bad right now that you can go just about anywhere you want as cheap as you can with this company, and not have all the restrictions and "gotchas" and you'll appreciate the flexibility. Vacation prices are going to stay cheap a long time, it's the fuel costs in getting there there probably won't get any cheaper over time. Good luck! Sh

marchtini Jan 18, 2015

from the 7 weeks that you purchased, how would you rate their properties portfolio? Did they let you view the properties before you commit to the package deal? I went to one yesterday, hoping to get a donation of a vacation from them for one of their rental properties, but from all the complaints that i have seen, it may be more of a hassle to the person who won the prize, if Sundance were to donate one. i see the package as a way to get discounted vacations but unless I plan to take muttiple trips in a year, it is not a bargain. Do they have decent properties, at least a holiday inn suites quality and do you find that it was easy to book the properties even 2 months in advance?

• Be
    Bentley Rocky Mar 30, 2013

Holy S! Thank goodness i decided to investigate this. I just went today and exactly what i am reading happened. EXCEPT i didn't let them talk me into anything! I just drove for an hour and payed toll and gas which frankly pisses me off too but it could be a lot worse from what I am reading. I am going to cancel this so called FREE cruise. I was looking them up too and said to myself this is not going to be worth it. I can see myself sleeping in the worse cabin possible. I had a feeling this was too good to be true. I only wish i turned on my brain before heading out to their office and waisting my time. Damn I could have gotten my dog groomed today as planned! So sorry for anyone who was hurt by these predators! :( .