Sundance Vacationtelemarkers calling stating I won a free trip

R

I entered to win a beautiful red car at a nets basketball game. A few weeks later I get a call saying I won a 3day 2 night trip to flordia or las vegas. Asking did I have a husband or boyfriend to bring along. Very spektical I took all the information down and a friend and I make the 2 hour long drive to 100 inter prize drive in rockaway n.J. On a friday evening. Everyone greeted us with big bright smiles acting as if they were your friends. A room full of other people also showed up I guessed we were all lucky. I sat though the presentation and thought to myself this is to good to be true. Showing people enjoying great vacation big palm trees and bright colors. You can't help but think that this could be you, but knowing you can not afford the going price. Then susan ends the presentation by having a group of sales people come into the room calling out everyone name and we each get taken to an individual table. My sale man name was linwood and yes he had the gift for gab. We kept telling him that we could not afford the package and the price just kept getting lower and lower until he brought the manager over to the table who offered a even lower package. Then linwood says am going to offer u the deal that I have which was 4500. Dollars for 12 trips with 100.00 down and 1100.00 in ten days oh and let's not forget the excess inventory list for a fix price of 149 plus a 99.00 process fee. No time was given to think about it it was now or never. I talk to my boyfriend who remind spektical the whole time but I put the 100.00 down feeling good about the decision I made. I got home and a few days later I go on line a try to register my coupon by entering my package code and it kept saying invalid. So that rise a red flag. I log on to find out more about sundance vacation and the negative feed back made me so nerves. There is no way am going to get taken for any more money. They got 100.00 but they will not get any more.. I've contacted the attorney general's office and my lawyer. This so call company has to be stop from take hard working people for their money.. There are endless promise & endless hidden costs, this is most certainly a scam. I will never fill out another entry form again. I hope this helps others from getting sucked into judging a book by it's cover.

• Su
    Sundancewinner Jul 15, 2011

I just spoke with a Sundance Rep regarding a 'free trip' to either Orlando or Las Vegas to my brother. my bro was soooo excited and wanted to give me and my husband this trip as a gift!!! He was sooo excited and happy. I am heartbroken to tell him this is a scam or a time share sales tactic but I am about to make the call. Thanks so much for posting this complaint. By the way I asked the rep if this was a scam and what's the catch! None he said and I even told him that my bro was a single parent and pretty much barely making ends meet. He assured me that it was not a scam just my brother's good luck :( I only wish...well here goes...

• Np
    np11 Jun 01, 2011

So has anyone been able to get out of the contract??? Please help!!!

• Ro
    Robin Waldron May 17, 2011

Thanks for the heads up suppose to go next week..

• Me
    MelissaPolice Oct 12, 2010

My husband received a phone call stating that he won a Free Cruise to the Caribbean . He immediately set up an appointment for the next day to go to the Sundance Vacation office for an hour presentation. We researched the company on the internet and came across this website. We decided to cancel our appointment two hours later. We called and was transferred to the Cancellation Department. I spoke with the representative and explained to her that we were not interested in the trip and would like to cancel our appointment. The representative continued to try and explain the company and the benefits we would be missing out on if we were to cancel. I finally had to tell her that we did not want to do business with her company based on information we read during our research. She immediately became upset telling me how our research was inaccurate. She would not allow me to speak. I eventually had to talk over her and request that she remove our number from her call list. She was rude and aggressive. The way she carried herself over the phone was ridiculous...I am just so thankful to God that I found this website before I became a victim of fraud, harassment etc... Thank you to Nick and all who have shared their experiences on this website. Just to cancel an appointment was difficult...I can only imagine being in the lion's den.