Sun Tan Cityremoving free pkts of tan lotion and reselling them

K

I am a member of Sun Tan City and today while I was waiting to tan, I saw the manager and another employee unpacking tanning lotions and removing the free incentive packets of lotion that were meant for the consumer before they placed them on the sales shelf. They re-sell these free packets for like $8.00. It is not enough that they mark the lotions up 100%. They need to get more money for the free packets gouging the consumer. I will never buy any of my tanning products at Sun Tan City after seeing this type of behavior.

• St
    Stc employee Feb 26, 2017

I work at Stc and we do have some packets that have not for resale on them mixed in with the other packets that have barcodes on them that are for sale.

• Id
    IDC1234 Aug 12, 2012

Wow! as an employee i am offended that you would say these thing when you know nothing! Those PKTs on the bottles are almost always not approved by STC to be sold and are put on their by the makers of the lotions to get rid of them. We are always looking out for our clients and when people like you go around making claims like this, it really makes us strive to satisfy even harder! please think before you speak lady.

• Su
    suntancity1 Feb 20, 2011

I work there and I assure you that those packets are not sold. They go under the counter and given out when someone is unsure if they want to buy that tan extender so a packet is given for a test. Ask if theres anyway to try something new! At our salon, the people working will bring out the tester bottles from under the counter, or ever let you use their own lotion!

• Di
    Disgusted2009-2010 Dec 12, 2010

I think that unless you were there don't criticize her!! I believe this did an does happen!!! Sun Tam City is the most unprofessional business I have EVER encountered!!! I did not receive any promotional samples or even offered them!! They don't have to be barcoded to be sold. The manufacture of the lotion would not put the samples on the bottle if they were not intended for a bonus for they're consumer..OTHERWISE they would ship them unattached!!! You all defending Sun Tan City sound real ignorant!!! I BELIEVE IT HAPPENED!!!

• Sk
    skgb Nov 17, 2010

I was not offered freebies, nor given a new client welcome package.

• Mi
    mistay Sep 11, 2010

Agreed. The sample packets are given as freebies and/or put in new client welcome packages. They can't be sold because they're not barcoded and not listed in inventory.

• Le
    LeahCA76 Jul 29, 2010

I too can guarantee that this incident may have appeared like they were removing them, but I have actually been given the moisturizers for free. They do not resell them.

• C8
    c81 Jun 04, 2010

This is a clearly a case of someone making assumptions and speaking without actually looking into the situation. As someone who once worked for Sun Tan City for several years, I can assure you that this is not the case. The "free packets" are removed for both aesthetics and functionality in regards to stocking the shelves. The packet is then generally placed in a container and given to clients as a sample when appropriate. Never at anytime would those items be sold. If you had taken the time to ask questions you would have realized the “free packet” is in most cases a sample of a tan extender. This sample is clearly marked as “not for resale”. In additions Sun Tan City does not sell packets of tan extender, this further proving that this claim is inaccurate.

Although I no longer work for this company I continue to tan with them. Clearly if they were such a dishonest, conniving company I would not trust them with my hard earned money. I choose to do this because I know they operate with a tremendous amount of integrity and genuine concern for their clients. I can’t begin to understand why anyone would want to blindly accuse someone without having all of the facts; however my hope is that is you take time to truly investigate your concerns in the future. I can honestly tell you in this instance you are very mistaken!