Sun CommunitiesGiving me the run-around

F Aug 05, 2020

Academy West-Point (Canton) denied me back in June for having a "low" FICO and credit score when both scores are decent enough for at least QUALIFY (700 + and only going up). They were also extremely rude when I called them on the phone when I was interested in their community!

I've recently been working with creekwood in burton and I regret it all! We found a home my boyfriend and I wanted to purchase. I'm on furlough, have been since april 3rd. They said they'd accept furlough papers from my job due to covid, unemployment papers, etc. I literally had every single paper that verified my income turned in july 15th!! Haven't heard anything sense.

The sales rep last told us that they're waiting on paperwork to come back on their side. She also told a family member who is also interested in the park that the home is essentially ours around the last week or two of july. Fine. It's now august 4th. I go around and look on their website just to check out things and the home is unlisted. Do a general search on it and it sold on july 30th. Was not notified at all.

The sales rep contacted other people regarding my boyfriend and I but not us directly. She told the family member that she tried to contact me when I haven't gotten anything since mid july. I called up there today twice. First time, I asked how everything was going. She claimed she needed bank statements and pay stubs. I turned in both in mid july. I called again about an hour later and told her to get rid of my application.

Between the denial from another place for bull crap and this shady crap, i'm done with sun communities as a whole. Ridiculous standards and time wasters. Regardless if covid was a factor or not, communication is key. The picture is the last day of communication! From a professional stand point, you don't tell others what we have and don't, especially when we never had this home anyway. Second, you should at least let us know the home sold so we can move on. July 30th wasn't that long ago. We applied for another place and they called when we got accepted. Called. Again, communication is key. They can't even communicate with others who live there. Hope none of you have to deal with this crap.