State Bank Of Indiamisslead bt sbi

R

I took housing loan from sbi vide htl a/c no. [protected] (1818) during aug 2004 at 8.25% floating interest rate. I decided & changed the interest rate to fix (9%) during nov 2004. I paid rs. 8199/- to bank towards fee for changing the option. the bank on its own changed the rate to 9.50% during may 2006. I protested and took up the matter. they immediately reverted the rate to 9%.
now again during sep 2008, sbi's zonal office rasmeccc bareilly wrote to me that they will be charging the interest at the rate of 12.75%. I should pay the outstanding at once & quit banking with sbi, if I am not ready to pay the interest @ 12.75%.
I once again protested and approached to bank authorities for miss leading. how can bank do this. I opted to pay more interest to bank when bank was charging less (8.25% to 9%) and also paid a handsome fee for the change. now bank is asking to pay rate what is not being charged even by private bankers at present. I wrote to all concern authorities regarding this, even to chairman sbi. but till none of them has tried to resolve the matter. the chairman's secretariat has written to lucknow head office twice under intimation to me to resolve the matter but they did not care. at last now I am planning to for legal concern for cheating & misleading by nationalized bank of india.

• Ra
    Rajiv Kumar Misra Sep 27, 2009

The complaint is fact. The SBI does this frequently. They are cheating their old & faithful customers. They are attracting new customers by giving charming advertisements. I am sure they will harass them later like this gentle man. The matter should be taken up with Lok Pal SBI & they should be treated badly.

• Ha
    harihar Mar 16, 2010

I am a borrower of your sbi, smeccc, kolkata, very sorry to inform you that the behaviour of your chief manager Sri Rahul Deb Barman is very rough, the behaviour we could not expect such a Bank which is the biggest bank inour country. Are you not any training facility how to behave with the customer ?Not only that he and his other fellows Sri Pranabesh Pathak also like this, they are staying that branch more than two years, I think transfer is needed both of them, they are also taking money from borrower during sanction of loan proposal.