Starbucksstarbuck's venti cup integrity, hot beverages, collapsing

C

1.) the first instance, I purchased a pike coffee, I took it to the service bar and added the half and half, when I picked up the cup to walk out of the door to my car, the cup integrity collapse and I ended up flinging the hot coffee into a corner. Fortunately, neither I or any of your other patrons where scaled.

2.) about a month ago, I went into my local starbuck's as per usual, and I got a venti latte hot beverage with two raw sugars. I took it to my car and as I am driving I went to take a sip from it and again the cup collapse and began dumping scalding hot coffee on my shirt and jean pant leg.

starbuck's venti cup integrity, hot beverages, collapsing
starbuck's venti cup integrity, hot beverages, collapsing

• Updated by crisb40 · May 21, 2017

Starbuck's Executive Response: "...While I cannot speak for the interaction that you had with the partner at your store concerning our cups, I would like you to know that we were not able to identify any wide spread issues that would indicate that our cups are not meeting safety standards. While the details of these investigations are considered proprietary information, I can assure you that steps have been taken by our quality team to ensure that our cups meet safety standards. I would like to share with you that we are currently in the process of testing new cup varieties as we are constantly looking into new ways to develop our cups and lids. Please know that your feedback has been considered as we look for new options in the framework of our cups..." Since Starbuck's is anxious to bring this to a resolution, if anyone else has encountered this same issue or currently requests a double cup, like I do to avoid cup collapse, I have enclosed the contact information below.

Ashley Reynolds
    executive support | Starbucks Coffee Company
    [protected] (desk) | [email protected]

• Jr
    jrubelee Sep 22, 2021

I have been having this issue lately with the cups, they collapse and spill the coffee on me and my car. Ridiculous.

• Je
    Jeff Chasalow Jan 08, 2018

I just bought a latte this morning (for my wife) and when I went to hand it to her, the cup COLLAPSED, spilling hot latte all over the inside of my NEW car. After cleaning up the spilled coffee, we figured out that the problem was either the cup isn't as strong as thev'e bit in the past or the top wasn't put on properly. The barrister also didn't put a sleeve on the cup - I had to ask for one.
    I'm hoping that my wife will finally decide that your coffee just isn't worth the price, and she'll let me make it at home.