Having problems with Starbucks?

1800 787 289 (Australia)
1300 808 989 (Malaysia)
+1 800 782 7282 (United States & Canada)
+44 333 005 0449 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 770 744 (Ireland)
+43 133 6633 (Austria)
+41 449 471 818 (Switzerland)
+90 444 4749 (Turkey)
+852 21 011 399 (Hong Kong)
+62 150 0078 (Indonesia)
+63 284 626 262 (Philippines)
+65 65 137 500 (Singapore)
+82 230 151 100 (South Korea)
+66 20 798 688 (Thailand)
+54 800 122 0129 (Argentina)
2401 Utah Ave., S Ste 800
Seattle, Washington

Complaints & Reviews

ignorant employees/worst customer service

on a recent trip to detroits mgm grand casino, we "treated" 3 guests to a specialty coffee. with 1 bag off coffee beans, which was marked up $2 with a magic marker, our bill came to over $40. we had the most unpleasant customer service by a woman who clearly didnt want to grind the beans. it took over 40 minutes to receive our incorrectly made drinks, and have the beans ground. i emailed starbucks with my complaint. i was assurred that i would receive coupons to replace my purchases. today, i did receive 2 lousy coupons. i will certainly stay clear of starbucks from here on. i truly was a starbucks lover. maybe tim hortons would appreciate my business

obstruction of justice

Starbucks, inc. (nasdaq:sbux) participates in obstruction of justice in big bear lake, california Posted on...

rude employees with no people skills

About a month, an incident started when an employee that was transferred from another store to the jefferson...

loyalty unrewarded

The new "Gold card" promotion is the "anti-reward" for long-time Starbks customers.

Not only is the "reward" a complete reduction of the former "10%" savings program, but the new "Gold" card requires customers to keep a balance on hand in order to qualify for the "Free" drink after 15 purchases.

So much for rewarding customer loyalty. Our office of four daily Strbcks drinkers is going to a local coffee "casita" for a buck-fifty less.

Greed, once again, wins the day in the short run; I fully expect this company to fail in the next three years.

• Valerie Jul 01, 2008

I have a coupon for a 2-piece box of Starbucks chocolate Truffles. I took it into the Silverdale Store and they told me they did not have any and would not be getting any more. The coupon is good until August 29th. Why are these not available? The girl in the Starbucks booth was not one bit interested in trying to find out if they would be getting any before the August date. If you are going to send out coupons out in the mail have the product available. Mary lou Dahl 360-613-1357 8531 Tracyton Blvd N.W. Bremerton, Washington 98311

• Te
    Terry Jul 29, 2008

Quite right. At my neighborhood Starbucks, I was told these 2-piece boxes are only available in grocery stores. I have been in grocery stores and drug stores all over the country, and have kept my eyes open, coupon in pocket. I've never seen them anywhere.

• H3
    H3H3 Sep 25, 2009

The coupon probably has a line along the lines of "...Available while supplies last...".

Ah yes. A FREE program that gives you FREE drinks... what a rip-off. :eye roll:

sakubab6 Jul 20, 2010

Why are you complaining? It's people like you that are never satisfied in life. The program is free so that you can get every 15th drink for FREE. What is the big deal that you have to have money on your card if you are going to spend money at Starbucks anyways..?

• Da
    daninDC May 21, 2013

The Starbuck here in Glover Park is like a pig pen. They don't care about the neighborhood, just making money. Papers, butts, cups and litter is the norm around they shop.

• Ms
    Ms. Amused May 21, 2013

I disagree with Brenda, they should have someone picking that stuff up. Customers are nasty no matter where they are and businesses should expect to have to pick up after them. If there is no one available to sweep up quickly, they need to make an effort to make sure there is.

poor customer service

I went to order 6 coffee's for take out when i ordered i said i needed a tray to take them. They made all the coffee's took payment and then told me they had no trays left. This was 7:30 a.m. So i asked for a box because i physically cannot carry 6 coffee's with which they responded with we have no boxes i can use right now so after waiting in line and ordering coffee's i can't carry i asked for my money back. The clerk gave me a hard time as if it was my fault and did not want to refund my money. eventually he did and i left. Never to return to Starbucks. This story has been told many many times and will get told to everyone i know.
one good thing came of it. I have found that Mcdonalds has very good coffee.

• Rg
    RghtBkatU Dec 27, 2009

McDonald's does have good coffee!

• Ca
    Carney Jan 19, 2010

My main complaint against Starbucks is that the stores are way too noisy. The stoves, ovens and thier timers are not bothersome. It the DAMN music (noise) Why is it that they have turned almost all their stores into bars with the latest disco bop and its turned up way TOO loud. So it's forced into your consciousness whether you want it there ir not. Very, very annoying. Don't know about the rest of the folks but for me going to the coffee shop is a time to reflect, plan a few things for the day or otherwise, read or sometimes have a nice conversation with a fellow customer. All quite impossible with the NOISE level. What Starbucks doesn't get is that most people want or don't mind a little "background" music but who the hell has declared that my every experience has to be infiltrated withe the latest noisy disco pop. Starbucks isn't the only culprit these days as a lot of banks have joined the fray-some hospitals. It wouldn't be surprising to find public libraries doing the same thing because they want me to have an "experince". Enough already Starbucks turn that NOISE down and let us think!!!

Cranbliss Apr 11, 2010

So... what did you want them to do? If they didn't have trays or boxes... they didn't have trays or boxes. What the heck else did you want them to do?

sakubab6 Jul 20, 2010

McDonald's has a lot of coffee trays, if you want poor service with your half-[censor] coffee then go ahead, Starbucks is better off without a prude like you. And, if the music is too loud then you're too old, and just because you go there to "reflect" doesn't mean that others do. How hard is it to ask..."Can you please turn the music down?" I am sure they wouldn't mind. ...[censor]s.

• Th
    thestarsnatcher Jan 24, 2011

a) they should have had trays and boxes. a business as big as starbucks should have it together.
    b) because it was obviously THEIR shortcoming, the should have figured out some other way to help you. perhaps taking them out to your car, or figuring out something else.

never again

Carrabas in Willow Grove, PA has the worst customer service I've ever experienced from a restaurant with take out. First, I ordered the steak marsala, zucchini fries and a pizza. When I got home (about 15 minutes later) I opened the food to find the fries were a congealed glob in the middle of the dish. The pizza was burned to the point of being black and flaking off on one side and completely uncooked on the other side. Luckily, my mom's steak was edible.

So I called the restaurant to complain and was told that if I wanted to lodge a complaint, I'd have to call back when the place was less busy or I could hold but "it might be a while". I was kept on hold for 1/2 an hour during which time several staff members answered the phone as if I had just called and then told me to hold again. When a manager finally answered, they weren't remotely apologetic and instead told me that they were busy and if I wanted to come back, they'd try again.

Rather than driving and other 15 minutes back and 15 minutes home before I could eat, they offered me gift certificates. While that should solve the problem, they never sent any gift certificates. This went from being one of my favorite restaurant to a place I will never order from again.

• Co
    ConsumerEsque Mar 08, 2011

Starbucks now carries steak and pizza? News to me.

Then again, I wouldn't trust a coffee shop for my dining needs either.

customer service

Employee spoke to me like I was stupid in the Starbucks located in the Target in Derby, KS. I am certain this employee is not modeling the behavior expected by Starbucks. Will not go back.

Cranbliss Apr 11, 2010

Lmao. What a ridiculous complaint. I bet your dog looks at you skeptically too.

Jacinthia Jul 30, 2011

I went to Star Bucks in Millenia Mall in Orlando Store # 11402 the clerk was very rude we ordered regular coffee and the coffee was cold, we complained to the manager and she changed them and gave us two more cups took back the first cups, the new cups was also cold we decided to leave with them but another co worker took them back, ... he complained that the coffee was cold and he stated it was not cold whe I served them...I then ordered a Grand carmel Frapp it was the worst tasting Frapp I ever had...it was not done properly...I decided to leave and not cause attention...You guys need to take a look at the staff that is working at that location...

why the rude employees?

10/03/09, 7:31a.M., store #06486
Why am I leaving this store carrying my new coffee press by the handle? I should be carrying this product in a bag or at least in its original packaging. Instead, i’ve been forced to buy the display coffee press and walk out like a thief who’s just shoplifted because starbuck employees couldn’t be bothered to serve me properly. Why, as a paying customer, am I made to feel that i'm interrupting them?

Three starbucks employees, (no other customer in the entire store but me), and not one of them can exhibit any modicum of respect. No greeting when I enter the store. They simply can’t be bothered to attend to this sale correctly. They're just too... Untrained, rude, inconsiderate, uncaring? As i'm paying, one of the female workers actually rolled her eyes when I declined a coffee sample, rolled her eyes! The male employee had to say to her, "she said no”, (talking about me whilst i’m standing there!) and then laughed.

This isn’t a laughing matter. Their behavior is rude and unacceptable. My day shouldn’t start off with rude starbucks employees treating me inappropriately. Bag my product. Get a non-display press from the back. Care about customer service. They won’t care, (i’ve read the complaints and blogs about how unresponsive this corporation is), but now I will boycott their stores and spread the word about their rude service. Shame on the rude little employees and shame on this corporation for allowing this poor customer service to continue.

Geoff Evans Oct 11, 2009

You do realize that Starbucks locations do not always have extra "non-display models" in the back? It's not a leprechaun's grab bag of goodies back there, chief. So some punk kids decide to disrespect you? Go out and get you some respect, nukka. Don't sit here on your anus and write a puerile rant about your experience. Don't be a drama queen.

• Br
    Bruno Bryans Oct 11, 2009

Ah yes! A non display model! In a box! From the back, or perhaps from the underground warehouse under each starbucks! If the biggest problem in your day is the jerks at *$ didnt give you a bag for your coffee press, you should thank your lucky stars. How much did it cost? $30? 40$? 50$? For some people that is groceries for the week. You were fortunate enough to spend it on a luxury item.

No, you know what? On second thought, you're right! How dare those fools disrespect you! I hope they all get leukemia so they can get a taste of your pain.

grow up.

Geoff Evans Oct 11, 2009

Bruno Bryans, You are both a visionary and scholar. May you be touched by his noodly appendage. RAmen.

• Br
    Bruno Bryans Oct 11, 2009

Thank you my good man!

Geoff Evans Oct 11, 2009

Of course. Let us commence the coitus on the morrow.

failed

Starbucks coffee mission statement: to establish starbucks as the premier purveyor of the finest coffees in the works while maintaining our uncompromising principles as we grow.

Uncompromising principles:
To maintain a great work environment and treat each other with respect and dignity

Embrace diversity as an essential component of the way we do business

Apply the highest standards of excellence to the purchasing, roasting, and fresh delivery of our coffee

Develop enthusiastically satisfied customers all of the time

Contribute positively to our communities and our environment

Recognize that profitability is essential to our future success

On february 21st starbucks laid off over 250 employees they call “partners” in an effort to control costs. Not a single executive took any kind of pay cut and the new ceo howard schultz even gets paid more than the previous ceo jim donald. They created a new cco position with a six figure salary, yet they cut over 250 “partners” who need to feed families and have benefits. This coming from a company that claims to be different and “people focused.” starbucks violated its very own mission statement to save upper executives and board members from having to lose a small portion of their income. There was no “great work environment” on february 21st and there hasn’t been one since. Ever since mr. Schultz took over the “partners” working in the ssc in seattle have been walking on egg shells.

I was told I could take a lower position with a significant pay cut or look for another job. I was given a small amount of time to decide. I am forced to work there due to needing medical benefits. This is coming from a person who used to vehemently defend starbucks because I believed it to be special. I guess I was wrong. It’s just another big greedy corporation, except it claims to be something it’s not. This needs to stop.

It seems that starbucks only follows its mission when the stock price is favorable.

• Si
    siily girl Dec 09, 2009

take what ever this person Tara says with a pinch of salt. She is a scam on the web just check out this site to see for yourselves. I am doing all I can to stop anyone else getting ripped off by this awful person and her evil website. Good luck and kindest regards Silly girl x

By the way just type in Tara medium and you will find all the posts and information you need to know that you shouldnt go anywhere near this woman or her site and all the rubbish she spouts, its not a free reading and she will bombard you will horrible things of an evil presence etc and ask you to pay lots of money to rid you of it. ALL LIES!! Please use your gut feeling and check her out.

• Si
    siily girl Dec 15, 2009

See what a mean, what a lovely woman to do business with!!! LOL
    Cheers Tara, you are GRREAT!!! xx

rude service

Went in starbucks to get a pastry and tea at 9:30 at night. They close at 11:00 pm. All the food was cleared out but 2 cookies. We saw some cakes, etc. On a tray behind the counter. We ask if she could set the tray out so we could select a piece of cake. She said she couldn't because they weren't supposed to be touched by anyone. (I didn't want to touch the food, I just wanted to look at it so I could tell her what we wanted.) then we ordered tea. My daughter ordered tea, and asked for cream to go in her tea. The woman gave her some remark about different kinds of creme and how she wanted it that was not understandable. She made it way too difficult to even get some cream for your tea. The whole transaction made it seem like it was a problem to be served because it was taking away from their time for nightly cleaning before closing time in a hour and a half.

I like starbucks but will not go back in this particular shop. The management needs to talk to their night employees about courtesy to customers, and good service.

This was the starbucks facing loop 288 that is in the golden triangle shopping center. It is not the one that sells starbucks coffee in barnes & noble.

• lovepackers Sep 12, 2009

oh my GOD, get a freaking life you whiney B a s t a r d

• De
    DeeNaDee Apr 08, 2010

As a Partner/Barista, maybe this explanation can help. The pastries you saw weren't supposed to be touched/sold/served because they were being marked out - discarded for being past the "sell by" date/time. The Barista could have explained that to you, but at 930 at night, you probably wouldn't WANT a pastry that's been sitting out since noon (when afternoon pastries are put out), best case or 6am worst case. She didn't offer you anything else because there was nothing else to offer you - once the day's pastries are gone, that's pretty much it until the next day when new packages are opened to ensure that everything being served is fresh and of the best quality. And we don't serve "cream" - did your daughter mean milk (if so, what kind? Whole, 2%, 1% or non-fat?), half & half or soy...? So that's probably what the Barista meant when she made her "different kinds of cream" comment. She wasn't sure what you wanted, and didn't want to guess.

Again, all of this could have been explained to you right there in the store. There was no need for you and your daughter to leave unhappy. Your Barista should have done a better job.

will not sell item at stated price

i recently went to starbucks and i ordeered 4 shots of expresso, with breve and 2 pumps of sf cin dolce in a grande cup. iwas told that this drink had to be ordered as a latte only because it was a increase of 2.oo$ in cost. yes i am an avid drinker of starbucks coffee and i ordered a drink that i wanted and it was less than the price of the latte. i was told by the employee at killeen tx starbucks that it was like ripping-off starbucks and i can no longer order this drink i could only order it as a latte. i spcifically order 4 shots of expresso, 2 pumps of sf cin dolce and extra breve in a grande cup, this comes to $3.62. the latte in turn comes to $5.47. i have been insulted, and i do not go back to starbucks because i feel embarressed because of being accused of ripping-off starbucks. is this legal for the company to do. i have made 2 complaints to starbucks web site and no response, i have spoken to managers about this situation and the harker heights manager janet was understanding and made the drink that i ordered at the price indicated on the menu with no problem. what can i do

• timduncan86 Jul 15, 2009

as far as legality goes, a company has the right to charge whatever they feel like. I don't drink lattes, but it sounds like what you're ordering is the same thing as a latte. If that is the case, then you are ripping them off by trying to order something without actually ordering it. It would be like if I ordered a cup of hot water brewed in coffee grounds.

• Tu
    turbocharger Aug 11, 2009

I worked for Starbucks and they say that they believe that "yes is the best policy" I truly believe that you are totally and completely correct. they are the ones that are wrong. Starbucks makes us that way. Remember a couple of years ago they had a promotion make your drink your way. That is what you did and they just need to deal with it. Believe me. Starbucks is just fine without the 1.85 extra that that person was going to charge you. They just raised their prices again, this is 2 times in the last 6 months. Even though they lowered the price of talls they raised the prices of grande and venti because that is their number one selling sizes.

• Al
    AlpaStarbucks Aug 13, 2009

Everybody want something either for free or next to nothing. I work for starbuck, and we have people all the time who come in ask for things like two shots of espresso in a grande of venti cup and then go to the condiment bar and fill up the cup with milk to make bootleg lattes. If the person only wants 4 shots of espresso wtih breve and syrup, why not ask for it in a short or tall cup? The answer is because they really want a grande LATTE.

• H3
    H3H3 Sep 25, 2009

I agree, as soon as you ask them to fill it up you are getting a latte.
    Pay up or shutup.

Cranbliss Oct 18, 2009

That's like going to McDonalds and asking for a small Fry, in a Large container, with extra Fries to fill it up. Would you really expect to be charged for a small? That's ridiculous.

• Ss
    ssssssssssss Oct 31, 2009

I agree with the person complaining. Starbucks recently received a lot of press because they had lowered their prices for some drinks (and raised them for others). Well, I happen to like the 8oz (short) latte, but I will not be getting it from Starbucks anymore. Why? Because they have raised the price of this. It is now only 25c less than a tall latte (in Canada), a drink I will not order because I find anemic due to it having only one shot of espresso. I would rather go to another coffee house where the tall drinks have TWO shots of espresso for what Starbucks charges for their single shot.

• Od
    Odette O'Neil Dec 16, 2013

I am from Newmarket, Ontario, Canada. We have a starbucks that is right next door to a chapters book store. I am in there quite often. The staff is excellent. The coffee is great. I always buy pod from starbucks for my keurig machine. This location is like a gathering of friends and people who gather and meet there. I have never had a bad coffee there. The service is excellent and the place is always packed. I do not have a bad thing to say about Starbucks

hypocritical about community service

Starbucks supposedly prides itself on being involved with projects that help improve the community, recycling and "making a difference in the world." I volunteer with a local animal shelter and when I asked if we could put up a flyer with animals available for adoption at the local animal shelter (keep in mind this is no profit to me, just something to help make a difference for local animals, possibly save some from being euthanized, and promote pet recycling -- and possibly even reduce our taxes since higher adoption rates means less money is needed by our shelter system!!!), the barista refused. In fact, he didn't even seem to know what an animal shelter was!!! Talk about ignorance like a rock. Anyhow, I'm really disappointed in Starbucks all the "trying to help the community and make a difference" is just a crock of grounds. .

• Ul
    ultravox Jul 06, 2009

I'm not sure this is a legitimate complaint. Sure you're frustrated, but it's hardly fair to color an entire world-wide chain of stores by the actions of one lower-level employee. It's entirely possible he didn't know the company policy. If you want to put up a poster, ask to speak to the manager.

• Ni
    nightclown May 27, 2011

honey...talk to the marketing department. Baristas don't own the store. They're just zombie workers paid to offer snobbish people great customer service. that's common sense in the real world.

barista cofee grinder

Barista cofee grinder is under recall because of safety concerns of it coming on when you are emptying, filling, or cleaning. The recall requires you to mail your coffee grinder to the company, and wait for 8 WEEKS, for a replacement. Thanks Starbucks, that's exactly why i payed $30 for your cofee grinder, so I could not have one for 8 weeks. Would it be that difficult to allow consumers to exchange them at the local Starbucks where you bought it? Also all replacements are the black grinder, apperantly Starbucks doesn't care if their customers bought a different color, one color fits all now. Thanks guys.

• timduncan86 Jul 15, 2009

damn dude, its just a coffee grinder. Buy already coffee in the meantime. Also, why the fuss about the color?

unauthorized charges

Upon reviewing by bank statement online, I discovered 6 current and 2 pending withdrawals by Starbucks for the SAME transaction, a Double Latte and Lemon Pound Cake. I called the bank Saturday, and lo and behold they already had a statement from Starbucks noting the problem and ensuring me the funds should have been returned by Friday.

So what did I get? ONE refund of the $4.65, leaving only about $30 due to me. I was informed that this problem occured in Starbuck's computer system and could affect anyone using a Debit/Credit card at their stores.

Apparently, if you do not check, you will not get fully re-imbursed, meaning Starbuck's pockets the rest. Nice 'accident', sounds like wire fraud to me. Customer service said they would forward my info to whatever computer department created this mess, but asked no summary of what charges I was disputing and they were very vague about how this would be corrected. Should I be unable to resist that yummy Lemon Pound cake, I will be paying CASH.

• Me
    Melissa L Jul 28, 2009

This same thing has happened to my husband who goes to Starbucks all the time. He noticed it right away, he printed off the bank statement and brought it back to the Starbucks. Showed them what happened with his receipt and they refunded it back to him. Thankfully the people at this location are all pretty friendly.

this coffee costed my left nut

Here is the letter I sent to Starbucks, regarding an incident at their Cloverdale California store, which caused thousands of dollars damage to my pickup truck.

"I have been a Starbucks customer for many years. I go there daily, sometimes like today, multiple times per day. I went to the Cloverdale, CA Starbucks today, to the drive-thru window. I don't usually stop at this location. I received my order and started to drive away. The drive-thru lane has multiple angles (turns) in it. Right after the drive-thru window, the lane bends to the left at about a 45 degree angle. IMMEDIATELY around the bend, apparently, is a 3-foot crash bumper; a pipe filled with concrete. Driving in a pickup, this is not visible due to its location in proximity to the bend. Additionally, it is so small that it cannot reasonably be seen from a F-250 pickup truck. To further make matters worse, this post is painted GRAY, the same color as the building. As I pulled down the road, I was clear of the building. I have large (5th wheel) towing mirrors which were well clear of the building. I rounded the bend and I began hearing noise. I thought I had run over a can or something in the roadway, until the sound got very loud. I then stopped and looked around. I couldn't see any obstruction. I opened my door and saw the side of my truck caved in, but I still could not see the cause. After a few moments, I made out the gray, 3-foot post. This post should not have been located immediately around a bend, which would hide it from view. Additionally, it should have been about 2 feet higher in length, and it SHOULD HAVE BEEN PAINTED REFLECTIVE YELLOW... like most every other barrier of this type is.
My truck now has a creased dent, extending through the driver door, past the extended cab, and 1/2 way through the bed. The gas tank cover is ruined.
While I do not need or want it to be restored completely, I would like to recover some of the funds it would cost to get the dents pulled out, and the cover fixed. I would recommend that this location be notified to correct this issue. I am sure that I am not the only one who has (will) hit this post."

I sent this off. I received no response. After a week or so, I filed a BBB complaint against Starbucks. After about another week, I received a phone call from their Customer Service department. The clown who called told me that I would have to deal with the property management company, blah blah blah. I informed him that the property management company is not operating that facility; that the name in the sign is Starbucks. He proceeded to fault me for hitting an "inanimate object", even though it was too small to see, camouflaged with gray paint (to match the building) instead of reflective yellow like most barriers are painted, and completely hidden from view. After laughing at him, I told him to cease calling me, and to use the BBB complaint process. A few days later, I got ANOTHER call from Starbucks. I informed them immediately to not call me, and to use the BBB process. Their C-MINUS rating at the BBB is well deserved. I informed them that I would pay for the repair of my truck, out of the estimated $2000+ per year I USED to spend at Starbucks, and seek recovery through the BBB. I will never go to a Starbucks again. EVER.

• timduncan86 Jul 15, 2009

bwahahahaha...serves you big truck owners right. Try to run me off the road with your he-haw vehicles? Take a stroll to starbucks and see whats what. "Costed my left nut"? what does that mean?

• Al
    Alan Senderquest Aug 18, 2010

While you're busy fuming at the nearest person to your accident and taking your anger out on them, get this information through your head:

Starbucks did not build the sidewalk you crashed into.
    Starbucks most likely did not even have a hand in designing it.
    Starbucks does not own the building they are in.
    It's the property management company who is responsible for the building and sidewalk around.
    There may be specific city laws/codes in question. If that's the case: the property management may not even be able to legally change the color of the concrete post without passing something with the city (building code and violations are nuts)

Also, hitting an inanimate object, especially one that doesn't move, is your fault.

However if you can't man up and take responsibility for your own poor driving habits/choice of vehicle, then do your research and take up your fight with the city instead of shoving the blame onto Starbucks, which has no control over the legalities of what they can and cannot do with the building.

sanitation

I was sitting with my husband drinking our frapuccinos, one of the workers (she was wearing a Starbucks apron...

no refill? no syrup?

I just visited a Starbucks coffee store located at the Richter Library in University of Miami. And I requested for a pump of classic syrup, and they charged me 30 cents.
They charged 30 cents everyday whenever I requested for just a pump of syrup.
Also, a few days ago, I requested a refill and was denied. Usually, I could refill a cup of coffee by paying 50 cent to 99 cent depending on the location of Starbucks.
This store also did not accept my Goldcard membership card which allows 10 percent discount in any starbucks locations.

What's the identity of this Starbucks? Is this Starbucks? Is it violating a general franchise agreement and policy with Starbucks, corp?
Is this store gaining competition benefits by its monopoly status in a main library on campus?

• Ra
    rar66 Apr 03, 2009

this starbucks belongs not to the corporate entity, starbucks coffee company, but to one of its licensees, in this case the univversity of miami. unfortunately, gold cards, starbucks cards and other perks are not redeemable at this location, nor at any barnes and nobles starbucks or any that is attached to another store or university.

it is not uncommon to charge for the use of syrup (even one pump) and the refill policy states one is entitled to ONE refill only if said person has purchased coffee within the hour- not if you come back hours later or try going through the drive through.

if you dont want to pay for classic, i recommend you just use a sugar. classic syrup is just simple syrup. the same stuff you put in bar drinks.

hope this helps

• Th
    The Zapper Nov 03, 2009

The U of M, like any private lower tier college is all about making money. If you want largesse go to MIT, or a decent UK university. About Starbucks, think about it. You're on campus so you're basically a captive audience member. They can abuse you a little. What happened to the $1.25 BILLION raised during the momentum campaign? You think they could give you a refill?

Honestly, why would you even go there? There's no Assyriology department.

The Zapper

overcharging

I just moved into the neighborhood and was revelling in my new-found urban lifestyle. I enjoyed strolling...

defense

I have worked for Starbucks for over a year now. I love my job but like anyone else I have bad days too. I try to drop everything at the door before I start my shift and look at all the reasons I should be happy. I am happy. But some customers are so rude! I dont mean to beep my own horn or anything, but I really really try to be super helpful to the customers if they have questions about something or are perhaps confused about something else. Well, I work the drive through and the rudest of the rude come through the drive through. Those with really loud trucks, those with drivers side windows broken, those who like to prank us and make orders then drive away, and especially those who come everyday and we know their orders and make it right EVERYTIME yet they still persist on yelling their order at us. And of course the cell phone customers. People, give it a REST. We would like to ask you how your day is and if that drink is what they were hoping for (if they havent been to a Starbucks before). We cant do our job if you dont let us. The baristas i work with are for the most part proactive on the job, but where one falls short another pulls through. My last thing is, if you have a complaint please please talk to us before going to our manager. And when you do talk to us please dont be in defense mode because basic people skills tells us that one tone person's bad day turns another's into a bad day... thus resulting in a whole ton of people having a bad day. I want to be helpful to you so please LET ME. I will try my hardest to do the best job I can. But to all you customers, if you choose to be rude... we can choose to not serve you.

• Ra
    rar66 Apr 03, 2009

i know what you mean. my store is in a crappy part of town and we often have various sorts of craziness about. all of those you mention and more. but take comfort that none of this means anything in the long run. they are nothing to you and remember those small rays of light are what we are here for...we cant change everyones attitude but we have some sway. just look at all these negative comments mostly stemming from attitude. sure it sounds corny but havent you ever had a great experience that just makes you feel a little better?

• Co
    Conquerorofdaylilies Sep 13, 2009

I'm a huge Starbucks fan, go there as often as possible. I empathize with all you wrote, really do. I am a really polite customer, always try to be pleasant as one should be in any case. Most baristas really do try, IMO. I tell you though, it is really frustrating to pay $4+ for a drink and pull away from drive-through to discover it wasn't made as ordered. I don't mean super picky stuff, but rather failing to add whipped cream (when specifically requested) or when they've failed to add shots to a latte (as in NO ESPRESSO added, actually happens about 10% of the time, unbelievable as that may seem to you).

Again, most Starbucks employees are pretty excellent, really try to be cheerful and do a good job. Some stores are better than others for consistency, employee quality, etc., as we all know.

Overall, I'd say we ALL need to try a bit harder to be considerate both customers/employees.

• De
    DeeNaDee Apr 09, 2010

We work HARD to be the best at what we do. Sadly, it is just a job for some people, though.

my bad experience

Ok the week before last I went to my local starbucks located a block from my house (mind you I got there pretty much everyday they know me and the only drink I EVER get there)

Ok, so I go in at 6am Friday right before work like always. I ask for my Cinna-dolce frapp with extra whipped cream, cinna-dolce sprinkles and caramel drizzle on top and to put it in a venti cup. (I order a grandee in venti cup)

One of the usual baristas (she's my fave person who works there) takes my order and starts to make it then she says "Oh, I'm sorry Ann we are out of the regular Frapp blend. I do have the Lite version. You can try that and if you do not like it just let me know I'll get another one." I said "Sure, no problem."

Remind you she along with a few others always treats me well there. She then said "Personally I really do not care for the Lite kind since there's no sugar in it they use splenda." I said well I'll try it because I need my Frapp!! :)

So I take it to work and I try it and OMG!! There was like NO taste at all it was not good to me.

So I went back on Monday at 6am as usual but she was not on that morning but someone else I like was there and also one other barista he sometimes comes off a bit gruff.

I ordered my usual he already knew it and had my total ready for me to pay. So I give him my money (I over looked the nasty LITE kind from Friday since they treat me so well I didn't see it as a problem) he started to prepare to make my drink then came back to me and said in a blah tone

"Oh, were out of the regular frapp mix." I said ok well could I try it with the crème mix? He said yeah. So after about 5 minutes he came back and said "were out of the crème mix too." I was a bit irritated by since I had to get to work and the fact that they do not have ANYTHING I want now. I said well I really do not care for the LITE kind since I tried it already.

He just stood there looking at me. I said well what do I do now. He said I can give you a refund. Hmm um yeah he could give me a refund since I can't get anything I want...you would have to give my money back. SO he gave me my money back and I left out that morning empty handed.

Later in the afternoon I called and asked to speak with a manager. I told the manager about both days and that I was unhappy very unhappy with the service on the second day and that there was NO frapp there at all...he pretty much told me in a sarcastic tone " We can't help it if they aren't sending our supplies so that we can do our job." after 15 minutes off talking to this manager I was like well I know it's not your faults but could I at least get a coupon or a rain check of some kind for a frapp once you get the supplies?

He said why would you need a coupon when we get the supplies since then we will have the supplies and you can be happy then.

I was taken back by what he said. I said No I would not be happy to pay for a drink I have tried to get multiple times I have been a very very good customer and think I should get something for my inconvenience. He said FINE what's your name. I told him and he said well when are you going to pick it up I said when you get your supplies for the frapps.

He snarled and said fine it'll be here. I then went to their website and wrote a complaint on the manager and also told them the whole story just like this. I have heard NOTHING back from them at all.

• Ro
    rootsm3 Feb 26, 2009

Yea you're wrong. They didn't do anything wrong and I'm sure they'd be glad to lose your business. Get over yourself.

• Da
    damien000 Apr 19, 2009

stores run out of ###. it has nothing to do with the store.

our store always runs of of stuff. Why? The suppliers. contact them but they'll care even less.

• Vi
    vivi! Aug 10, 2009

omg chill out its not that serious.

if you actually have time to sit down and call a company to complain about cofffee, you need a damn job or hobbie

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices