Staplesrewards never received

N Review updated:

I never received Staples rewards for purchases made earlier this year. When I complained via "Live Chat" I was told they mailed me a reward coupon and couldn't reissue it since it had expired. When I pointed out that I was never notified of the expiration date since I never received it, I just got the same response. The agent also could not refer the case to a supervisor.

They also have very limited customer service hours and no email address that I could find.

9:07:14 AM : Connected to chat.staplesrewards.com

9:07:14 AM : Session ID: 26369

9:07:14 AM : Nate Johnson: Initial Question/Comment: I never received rewards for purchases early this year (January or Feburary). There was a promotion with 100% of purchase price for certain items in Staples Rewards.

9:07:19 AM : Welcome to Staples Rewards Live Help!

9:07:19 AM : A Customer Service Agent will be with you shortly

9:07:19 AM : Amber H has joined this session!

9:07:20 AM : Connected with Amber H. Your Reference Number for this chat is 26369.

9:07:30 AM : Amber H: Hi Nate. We will be happy to look into that for you. One moment, please.

9:07:39 AM : Amber H: What items are you referring to?

9:08:20 AM : Nate Johnson: I can't remember exactly, but I have never received any staples rewards coupons or vouchers at all.

9:08:40 AM : Amber H: Please verify your current mailing address.

9:08:47 AM : Nate Johnson: 745 Hunter Street

9:08:54 AM : Nate Johnson: Tallahassee, Florida 32303

9:09:09 AM : Amber H: That is the current address we have on file.

9:09:44 AM : Amber H: During January, you earned a standard Reward in the amount of $33.40. This Reward began mailing on February 15 and expired on April 30.

9:09:57 AM : Nate Johnson: I never received it

9:09:57 AM : Amber H: Staples Rewards, like coupons, are time sensitive and must be used before the expiration date. Once a Reward goes past the expiration date, it's no longer valid and it can't be reissued. Since your January Reward has expired, we are unable to reissue this Reward to you.

9:10:34 AM : Nate Johnson: I was never notified of the expiration date since I never received it. I did not have a chance to use it.

9:10:55 AM : Amber H: Staples is not responsible for lost or misdirected mail.

9:12:10 AM : Nate Johnson: Can you please refer this case to your supervisor?

9:12:45 AM : Amber H: Since your January Reward has expired, we are unable to reissue this Reward to you.

9:13:12 AM : Nate Johnson: Can you please refer this case to your supervisor?

9:13:55 AM : Amber H: Supervisors are unavailable via Live Chat.

9:15:42 AM : Nate Johnson: I'm sure you have a script that tells you what to say, so it's not your fault, but this is deeply unsatisfying and I intend to shop at Office Depot from now on.

9:16:15 AM : Amber H: We understand this can be frustrating and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

9:17:14 AM : Nate Johnson: Must not be any fun for you to have to say these things. Have a good day anyway.

9:17:53 AM : Amber H: Have a great day!

9:17:53 AM : Amber H has left this session!

9:17:53 AM : The session has ended!

• J
      Jun 27, 2011
    staples rewards - Staples rewards
    staples
    2444 bostonpostroad
    New Rochelle
    New York
    Phone: [protected]

Need to submit password to get rewards

• E
      Dec 21, 2011

I ran into the same situation but my coupon was reissued since records showed that it had not been used. This is another case of Staples having no consistency in applying their policies.

• C
      Mar 31, 2016

I had exactly the same experience - they mailed the rewards to an (1-1/2 year old) old address. They then said that they had changed my address (there is no way of checking!) and reissued. Still never received. Why would I bother if I can get next day and great prices from Amazon - with free delivery through PRIME.