Sparkletts WaterOvercharges and poor service

D

Fortunately we did not sign a long term contract with sparkletts. From day one, when the driver came to deliver the first delivery of the water and the cooler, he did not ring the doorbell event hough we were home and just left all the bottles and the cooler in our front yard. He left a sticky note marked "no one home to accept delivery" even though our front door was open! (our screen door was shut, but clearly someone was home.)

Then on subsequent deliveries, the driver never showed up on the right day and never rang the door bell. I work at home so I am at home all day. So we never had the chance to give him the empty bottles. On the day he was supposed to come, we left them out, but then he never showed. Then he would show up on another random day and leave the water in our front yard.

Of course, the driver left the wrong amount and type of water, but again, we had no chance to talk to him about it. We called customer service at least once a week to get this straightened out, but nothing ever changed.

We also noticed lot of billing errors and overcharges which forced us to call customer service about every single bill. Watch your bill! They had all sorts of over charges, charges for products we did not get, etc.

Then when we cancelled, they still did not show up on the day they were supposed to. I was also very specifically told that any water that was sealed could be returned for a refund. So we stopped drinking the water knowing that they were coming to pick everything up.

Now our final bill comes and there is an agreement termintation fee, but we did not have a contract. And there was no refund for the sealed bottles we returned. When I called, they did agree to refund the termination fee since they could not find the contract. (because there was none!) but they told us that any water that is delivered cannot be resold and therefore cannot be refunded. Of course that directly contracdicts what I was told when I cancelled or contract.

They aren't even smart enough to just refund me for the unused water to keep me happy. How much does it cost them to eat teh cost of 10 gallons of water? They woud rahter I get on the internet and post all the details of my experience.

Well I hope you have better luck than I did with sparkletts and whatever you do, don't sign a contract with them!

• Ed
    EddieRKA Jul 08, 2010

Rob,
    I am sorry you feel that way. We are just trying to aid people in righting the wrongs that have been done to them. We in no way aim to hurt anybody, rather only compensate for damages that have been done.

• Ro
    robmx01 Jul 02, 2010

You lawyers just want to target bigger companies hoping that will want to settle out of court just to save themselves the high court costs. Every body is so worried about insurance companies and doctors making money. It's the unions and lawyers who are screwing us all in the end. I know this because I was part of a union for many years, so I know first hand of the problem.

• Ed
    EddieRKA Jan 29, 2010

My name is Tommy Kearney. I work for a class action lawfirm in downtown Los Angeles. Many consumers have been victims to these very same sparkletts business practices. If anyone is interested in participating in this case, contact me at [email protected], or call me at Ringler Kearney Alvarez LLP, at [protected]. I hope to hear from you.

-Tommy Kearney