Sonyunethical practices

L

I will no longer buy Sony products after reading how they acquire the mineral coltan that they use in their Playstation 2. This is an outrage and I plan on telling everyone I know how unethical Sony is. I hope they go broke. Destroying human lives so that a company can make money is beyond despicable.

• Ed
    ed sinclair Oct 02, 2008

The local sony store told my son and his mom that the sony credit line they applied for and obtained at their store would allow them to make an online purchase of the sony vaio my son wanted. It did't. They are two different credit lines. One will not work for the other. In essense they misinformed or lied to my son and his mom and left them in a lurch, as my son had clearly stated that they did not have the computer he wished to buy at any of their stores and that he intended to buy the computer online. Now the customer service people at sony are basically giving them the run around. They are stuck with a $5000 line of credit for which they have no use. I don't know what the reprecussions are yet for my son's mom, but she is furious and they won't help her. For her it was bad enough that they obtained all of her personal information under false pretenses let alone what this means for the future and the fact that my son still doesn't have the computer he needs for school and no way to get it. How long will this decline in unethical behavior continue to slid before some of these corporations finally get their just due?

• Bo