Sono Belloscam! stay away!

S Review updated:

I agree, stay away from Sono Bello! I went there for a free consultation, and subsequently went for 2 other consultations with "real" plastic surgeons before selecting a doctor for my procedure. The experiences at the other two offices were different as night & day from the high pressure cheesy sales tactics at Sono Bello.

First of all, I was told at SB that I would not even meet the doctor until the day of surgery! That alone should be enough to make you run away. My consultation was with a saleswoman who has no medical training and frankly lied to me on many points (including volunteering that they have "never had a case of lidocaine toxicity" when in fact I learned later that they had - a woman had recently died after surgery at SB.)

There were so many other lies and half-truths, and a lot of pressure to put a deposit down right now to secure a spot, fully refundable up to 2 weeks before the procedure. Stupidly, I made the mistake of putting down a deposit only because of the full refund assurance, and some concern about scheduling - and when I called hours later that day to say the timing would not work and I wanted to cancel, I got put through the most unbelievable run-around for over a week before they finally did issue a refund. Very sleazy business practices.

Finally, you would think at least their pricing must be good, given that they are all about ramming as many people through their system as quickly as possible - but no, they actually wanted $7000 for a procedure that two other highly regarded surgeons offered for only $4000!

Do yourself a favor, maybe save your life, stay away from this place!

RESOLVED

• Sono Bello's response · Feb 17, 2010

LMS98004, I’m the director of patient care here at Sono Bello and I wanted to follow up with you regarding your post. I’m glad to hear your friend had a good experience with us and apologize that yours wasn’t better. All the doctors at Sono Bello are board certified physicians with excellent credentials but that doesn’t matter unless we can create a comfortable atmosphere for you. If you can help me with additional feedback I would appreciate it. You can reach me at [email protected] Thank you.

• Sono Bello's response · Feb 17, 2010

Hello Spot, I’m the director of patient care here at Sono Bello and I hope you found a clinic you were comfortable with and had the procedure done. It sounds like we may have fallen down in a couple of areas during your experience with us and for that we are sorry. If you would be willing to give me more insight into your experience and what we can do to continually improve you can reach me at [email protected]

Irid,

Thank you for your comments. I’m the director of patient care here at Sono Bello and I would invite you to check us out for yourself. You are correct that there have been several negative complaints about our company. This is very unfortunate because to date we have had the privilege of performing over 4, 300 procedures. Although we aren’t happy that there have been some negative comments I can assure you that we’ll do everything we can to make sure each individuals experience is great. All of our doctors are board certified physicians and our entire staff works very hard to ensure the best outcomes for all our patients. I would be happy to facilitate a consultation if you would be interested in giving us a chance to earn your business. You can contact me at [email protected]

• Sono Bello's response · Jul 27, 2010

Sono Bello would like to address many of the online reviews regarding our procedures and practices. Please visit http://sonobello.com/open-reviews/ for more information.

• Si
    silverbell Nov 12, 2009

Actually you SHOULD do your research, they have some of the top Plastic Surgeons in the area (I checked)! Not one surgeon there is a recent graduate, they only hire Doctors with liposuction experience (I checked), they also perform over 200 surgeries a month so they must be doing something right (yep.. I checked). I had this procedure 3 months ago and trust me I did my research.. I not only had an an amazing result but absolutely loved the staff that ultimately changed my life.. I met with Sara too and felt a little unsure so requested to speak with the doctor which she arranged and again, I have been nothing but happy. So you should have kept researching and requested to consult with the doctor.. you would have been surprised!

• Lo
    Loraine Jennings May 31, 2018

@silverbell I'm glad that you had a positive experience, but I also had a horrible experience. I met with my surgeon, Dr. Raine and one of the leading surgeons (Schaumburg, IL), and I have absolutely NO visible or measurable results. I've contacted everyone I could find there and they will not respond to me. Now I am left to advocate for myself and file complaints with all local, state and federal boards.

• Sw
    SweeterAlsoThanHuniii Nov 08, 2018

@silverbell A friend of mine had her very first baby late in life.(42) While she was excited, she also didn't really advertise the fact she was pregnant til the end of her pregnancy, due to the stigma. For two years, she raised that sweet boy, & even started a side business w him as her lil star helper.
    She went into the Dr for a minor surgery on her belly fat and she Never EVER came home.
    If it sounds too good to BELIEVE, ...it IS!
    Stay away from ANY place claiming immediate weight loss. It's not gonna happen. Walk away from tragedy waiting to happen!

• Zo
    Zortek Nov 17, 2009

One person just died from the liposuction in Bellevue, WA. Apparently from lidocine intoxication.
    Price you pay for vanity, I guess. It's really not worth it. What's wrong with diet and exercise.

Laura Lynn Schmidt Jan 05, 2017

@Zortek Any medical facility with the sheer amount of patients seen there is always a risk for anesthesia complications which include death. That is a risk even when you get your tonsils out. I am a patient at Sonobello and I can tell you this, I have went back for multiple procedures and my experience was absolutely phenomenal as well as the results

John_Davidson Jun 05, 2017

@Zortek Diet and exercise does not work for 99% of people thats why.

Donna A. Cox Jul 22, 2017

@John_Davidson Cool Sculpt is a scam also. It only works if you are already have a perfect shape.

Noodle Stinkhammer Jul 25, 2017

@John_Davidson Only because 99% of people don't do it. This IS America after all. Home of the lazy idiots. Like John Davidson.

• Nicolemoney Oct 24, 2018

@John_Davidson After loosing 15 stone I can tell you that diet and exercise work amazing it’s all about changing your lifestyle however I was in the gym but couldn’t get rid of the hangover skin on my stomach and had a tummy tuck which revealed a 6 pack so body perfect really stands within you I wish you all well with your journey my story is online Nicole Miller weight loss I’m from the U.K. anyway much love to you all and if you want surgery have it why not but change the way you think before you do anything else xx

• Da
    da_stroker2k Nov 26, 2009

we now have a FB forum

• Ir
    Irid Feb 04, 2010

I ALMOST went in for a consultation.. Thank fully I did plenty of research and Sono Bello does not sound to be safer then any other lipo procedure done by other competitor. This is not the first time I have heard Sono Bello has no "real" surgeons on staff at the time of the consultation. This automatically should be a RED FLAG. This Karen Shaw is a not a surgeon but only a sales person whom supposedly was fired by Sono Bello, after a lady from Bellevue was severely burnt in a procedure performed by Shaw herself... Months later.. Another lady came forward with another complain of a procedure done by Karen Shaw. ..VERY VERY SHADY.. Seems to me like Sono Bello is very slick and lies A LOT... I'd say 4 out of 5 women are getting bad results from this place.. Are you willing to be one of the 4? Its so stupid to assume that because a place does over 200 surgeries a month its a good place.. McDonalds sell thousands of burgers a month. Does this mean their food is healthy?? NOOO…. Sono Bello has good marketing and the whole concept of losing inches in less time and almost no time to heal is outstanding.. But from all I have read in many different sites and seen on the NEWS… This only makes me wonder, how many of their surgeries per month are actually successful? How many ppl sit at home regretting spending all this money and no results.. or worse.. health issues.. I bet you close to 50% of their procedures had something wrong… I’m basing it on all the complains ppl have made against them.. Ladies, it amazes me how many of you due to vanity have actually spend this much money... crazy.. I am guilty of vanity to an extend but I wont ever place my life on the line like that… DO THE REASEARCH… U might find a few happy clients.. but if the complaint percentage is more then 1% DON’T DO IT.

Noodle Stinkhammer Jul 25, 2017

@Irid Sorry lady, but using mcdonalds as your reference tells me why you need/want sono bello. First, let make it known that McDonald's has never and will never make a claim that their food is healthy. They have several items on the menu that are a "more healthy" choice. But that's not the same thing. I sounds like you have a personal vendetta against this woman as you repeatedly mention her first and last name. Sono bello uses no blades, no huge gauge suction needles that pierce your body, they don't cut you open and perform surgery, therefore they do NOT need board certified surgeons performing this procedure. You seem to be someone who relies on your opinion as though it's fact. The reality is that 90% of "clinics" in the country are operated by non doctors. If you're not performing surgery, what on earth would you need surgeons for? I realize that I'm writing this on the tail end of a decade after your review and that you'll never read it.

• Ra
    Raymont10 May 30, 2018

@Noodle Stinkhammer Sounds like an inside comment...Why would you try to change ones opinion. Because it doesn't match yours doesnt make it wrong.. They explained their situation and you just started defending SB. Why would you do that without a vested interest??????????

dontBeFOOLEDbySB Feb 09, 2020

@Noodle Stinkhammer hey noodle stinkhammer
    your name says it all, sounds like you have a vendetta against anyone that speaks the truth, i dont want anyone touching my body that is not a board certified doctor, which SB claims, soooooo i cry BS to your opinion

facts are facts, do your homework, eat less and move more, then go see a qualified doctor to complete your body shape for troubled areas, NOT at SB 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 you're just throwing your money away 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

• Tr
    TracyLa Feb 14, 2010

I went in this week for a consultation with Sarah. I thought she was very honest and sweet. I think the personal attack on her appearance is unnecessary and hurtful, I can't imagine you would want someone to go on the internet and attack your appearance or you wouldn't be seaking plastic surgery yourself. She is obviously supposed to get you to have the procedure there, it's her job. If she didn't, she wouldn't be employed there and someone else would have. Never once did anyone say she was a nurse or doctor. Before you do anything, you should get yourself informed and know everything you can prior to any procedures. I didn't rely on the consultant to tell me. She answered all the clarifying questions I had and never claimed it would be some miracle or something painless. I thought she was adorable (I wish I could look like her, though that just never will happen) and she was very nice. People need to start being nicer to each other and we will all be happier.

Laura Lynn Schmidt Jan 05, 2017

@TracyLa My consultation went very well my procedures were done at the Scottsdale location. I did not feel high pressure and even though you see a consultant for us that's not a medical professional you have a consultation prior to your procedure with a doctor.

• Ru
    rushrb Apr 09, 2010

I have seen SO MANY negative reviews against Sono Bello and after each one there is someone from Sono Bello responding in hopes to counteract that negative comment. Looks like they have paid lots for PR advise. This company seems so shady. I've just learned that they are now in my city, San Antonio and have started advertising. I immediately went the the reviews and they have all been negative. I hope my fellow San Antonians do the same and read reviews before making any appointments.

• Je
    Jesmor89 Jun 01, 2010

I can't believe you went through all that, it made me have sympathy pains like none other, so detailed. I was thinking about going into sonobello but now I definitely can't see myself having to go through what you did.

• Kh
    khill81 Jul 06, 2010

It is all about the money with this place. If you were a GOOD Dr why would you go work for a place that lines you up like cattle to suck out fat instead you meet with some girl who barely knows anything about the procedure and then meet the DR on the DAY OF YOUR PROCEDURE! No Thanks! I went into their Scottsdale office, in which was very cold and unfriendly and then after the short, uneducated sales pitch I started talking to a few friends about Sonobello and come to find out a friend of another friend had a procedure there and then had to have her fat taken from another area of her body in hopes to fix the botched job they did the first time by putting fat back into the original area. WHAT!! Go to a REAL plastic surgeon! This place is a joke!

• Ju
    Justagrl26 Sep 02, 2010

I was planning to go check this place out, but hearing all this reviews scared me so I changed my mind. I totally agree with one of the bloggers on here, if you have heared 2 or more negative stories about (quack, joke, "it's all about money) association DON'T GO to it! I've been hearing this SB commercial alot lately on the radio and boy" they make it sound so great! they must have paid this radio stations big time! to get patients in?.
    I feel bad for that one lady that died in Seattle after getting her lipo., totally not worth it..I wouldn't go even if they pay me...Scary stuff!

• Su
    SussiQ Sep 21, 2010

I am so glad I saw this blogs before going. I had an appointment today for a concultation, I was very nervous about it, came to the internet to check the directi0ns to get there and found this site!!! wow, I am definetely not going! All I see is one ok comment for every 5 bad comments, that must mean something. I don't see the "good results people" posting a "thank you I am so glad I did it". There are no references of happy customers suggesting to get in contact for referrals... not going!

• Mo
    mommyme6611 Feb 08, 2011

I have been considering lipo for some time now and came across sonobello in Bellevue. While they do have some negitive comments online, they also have hundreds of happy satisifend clients willing to share their experiences. After hearing this and getting real accounts from real clients I realize everyone is considerably happy if they understood real results. SB will not fix your diet and poor lazyness. Get a grip people, anything under the knife has possible risks, as does the BIG mac on your plate. I have a consult and am excited to bring my size 6 waist to a size 2:)

Operamo Feb 28, 2011

Wow, I feel really nervous reading this after making the appt for my procedure tomorrow...now i dont know what to expect, fingers crossed! Now that i think about it, it was pretty odd that i didnt see an actual doctor(instead dealt with a pushy arrogant saleswoman) or even know who it was going to be til the day before when i tried to reschedule due to a light cold. When i found out the name of the doc, i researched and saw he was not plastic surgery certified...just laser surgery certified? just looked like he got out of medical school and had an internship for 'general' surgery. Does this mean he wouldnt pay attention to aesthetic detail like a plastic surgeon would? I mean, general surgery and plastic surgery are different...what do i know about the guy though, it could be like russian roulette in either direction. I went ahead and said yes for tomorrow. Aaaaaaaah! Nervous! I will post back with results. I figure i could be a guinea pig and post back to y'all...see what happens, tell my personal experience.
    Monica ([email protected])

Operamo Mar 03, 2011

Well, its day two of post op...im in some pain but its manageable.
    The day of, they were running a little late, but when they took me in to give me physical and take pictures they were very kind and curteous. When I met my doctor, he asked if I had any questions and assured me everything would go well. He even warned about possible dimples that could occur with the lipo on my outer thigh. I was pretty out of it while he was working on me but I could tell he was really getting to as much fat as possible, didnt feel as much attention to the outer thigh, but then again i was too loopy to remember. I just remember flashes and they were all good...towards the end I could feel the canula working in my leg and kept saying ow real loud and then it seemed like he stopped and it was ready to go to recovery room. they said they took 3.2 liters of fat out...im not sure how much that is in weight. i didnt see myself til today when i took a shower and i could tell a big difference in my waist, but not my hip/outer thigh area. I emailed sonobello and they said its probably due to swelling, so i'll just take it a day at a time and see how i heal. thats all for now. i'll check back in 2 weeks.

Operamo Mar 05, 2011

this is day 2...not too shabby...im staying on the straight and narrow with diet and exercise, to be safe, check back in another week or so...

Magpies123 Jun 11, 2012

I just got back from an apt. At Sono Bello in San Antonio at Sontera in Stone Oak, They were very good at trying to get me there with email and phone calls but when I got there I waited 45 minutes And I was the only one there. I could hear the doctor joking with the staff about his bills and his girlfriends yes more than one and how that was not in his contract, I don't know what that was but I do know I felt embarrassed by this unprofessional attitude from the whole clinic. I just walked out and I don't think I was missed.

• Jd
    jdan11 Aug 13, 2012

I requested general anesthesia but I was reassured that it's painless. I was sedated (ONLY) I had the stomach, thighs, back, hips and arms done. The liposuction procedure was very painful, especially around the stomach. I felt everything. I tried to inhale as much nitrous oxide hoping it would put me out but the doctor told me not to and turned it off for about couple of minutes. I was making faces and breathing heavily through my mouth coz of the pain then all of a sudden, in the middle of my liposuction, the doctor stopped then said, "it seems like I am hurting you, would you like me to stop and not continue on with this?" OMG, what the heck was I supposed to say? We have already started. Can you imagine what I was feeling when I was told that my surgery will be broken down into 3 sessions. I had to come back 2 more times (a month duration/session). After everything was done, few months later I noticed sections that obviously were missed, everything is so uneven. The over 10 sites where they were poking around, left keloids that looks like I had vaccinations on left and right side of my body, from my bra roll all the way to my thighs right above the knees. They are dark and raised. I paid $12, 000 "IN CASH". It took a long time to save that money for the liposuction. I dont mean to complain but I feel like I just handed them the money for nothing..the result SUCKS SO BAD!!! I have dots everywhere and they look really gross! I just want them to do fix me up and do something about the areas they obviously missed. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to have them fix me up and do a retouch? I cry every time I look in the mirror.

anne rn Dec 01, 2016

@jdan11 take them to court.

anne rn Dec 01, 2016

@anne rn call jacoby and meyers

anne rn Dec 01, 2016

@anne rn its a law firm. you don't pay unless you win

• Je
    Jennifer Nascimento Jan 02, 2017

@jdan11 Hi there i had a liposuction done by sonobelllo about 11 month ago I did my lower abdominal and upper abdominal and waist so far I'm very disappointed with the result like you said you go truth so much pain thinking that you gonna look amazing but it's all a lie cause I still look the same and one of my side is bigger than the other they supposed to fix me up but it's been about 1 month and they still didn't contact me when they going to do it so I'll definitely say SONOBELLLO SUCKS THERE A JOKE DON'T LET THEM FULL YOU.

Donna A. Cox Jul 22, 2017

@Jennifer Nascimento Cool Sculpt is a scam, also. This type of business is nothing but crooks.

• So
    SonoBello Class Action Jul 28, 2017

@Donna A. Cox https://sonobelloclassaction.com/

angrypatient Oct 01, 2012

Girl get you an attorney and everybody get together to file a class action suit the heck with complaints

Join Weber Oct 26, 2019

@angrypatient That is what I am trying to do. Get as many people together as possible!!! Not only I want my money back, damages!!! Really people- Research or no research. That doesn't make it right for them to get away with doing this to others. I have one thing from everyone's complaints happen to me. I went there for a service, they lied, disfigured me, and promised me!!! and no refund and they were kind enough to give me their attorney contact info. Slap in the face for me from Sonobello. I AM READY TO FIGHT BACK BUT I CAN'T DO IT ALONE. AT LEAST NO MONEY BACK WE CAN SHOW THE WORLD WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE THEY ARE.

• Be
    Bea1313 Jun 12, 2013

I had the procedure done in April at the Bellevue office. I wanted to have my hips done but was talked into 10 procedures, 5 of which were performed in April. I was totally knocked out to the point that I couldn't leave for 5 hours, not sure why, I didn't come to for so long. I don't remember leaving Sono Bello or the next 3 weeks. I was soaked from the liquids that leaked from my wounds and threw up constantly. I am still very ill and throwing up, in pain and in need of constant care after almost 2 months.

I called Sono Bello to say I can't have the additional 5 procedures for fear that I might die, but they are trying to charge me for the procedures I never had or increasing the fees I was charged originally. How is this legal? This problem still hasn't been resolved, more later...Don't go there they are crooks. Bea

• Ki
    Kitikiti Jun 27, 2013

Went to sono bello today for a consultation waited for an 1 1/2 and was acknowledged once. My appointment was at @4pm, I checked in and was told right away that they were running 20 minutes behind, I said ok. After 30 minutes and no one saying anything I asked the receptionist how much longer she said she didn't know and if I want to reschedule. I said no I'm already here as my last consultation did not happen because they called me asking me to reschedule and come in 45 minutes later, so I couldn't make it than. So since I was already there and I don't live in Bellevue I wanted to get consulted. After about 5 more minutes another lady came out and took me in behind the door. ( I thought I was finally going to have a consultation) she appologized telling me that the consultant was with a patient discussing financing options and that it would be another 5 to 15 minutes. I said ok. I wasn't happy to have to wait even longer. I set there for another 35 minutes not being acknowledged or updated. So I came up to the receptionist again and said how much longer? I have waited over an hour and that its unexceptable. She asked if I want to reschedule, I said no! I have waited over an hour and I want to be seeing now. She said I can check, I said please do. 15 minutes go by and no word, the receptionist didn't even come back, so I called out excuse me. Finally Sara came out saying she was sorry and that I was aggressive. What! Really??? I was frustrated that I had to waited for almost 1 1/2 but was not aggressive just simply did not appreciate being ignored and how unprofessional they were. Sara had an attitude and talked over me saying I said things I didn't say. The receptionist simply chose not to take care of the situation and decided not come back to her desk ( while I was standing there for 15 minutes to find out how much longer) Sara was short with me and said I had two options to reschedule or to be consulted. I said no that I would like to speak to a manager. She LIED and said she is the manager, I said what is your position? She said consulted, I said that's not a manager. Bottom line is that I walked out, called the 1-800 # spoke with a supervusure who told me that there is a manager on staff and that manager contacted me apologizing. Bad experience, very unprofessional staff.

• Ab
    abby18 Sep 06, 2013

I had my procedure done in February 2013 and I have been so disappointed by the entire process. I definitely felt pressured at the consultation. My gut told me this was a scam and too good to be true. But my husband knew how badly I wanted to "feel better" about myself, so he reassured me I would be ok. I also had an incredibly painful experience during the procedure. I had my hips, waist, upper/lower abs and bra roll done and it was all I could do to get through the procedure. My dr. also stopped at one point (while he was singing along to the music he had playing in the room) and said "you seem to be in quite a bit of discomfort, do you need me to stop?" what an insane thing to say! He said we were half way done so why on earth would I stop? I wanted to look better, not worse! I was told in my consultation that the procedure is "uncomfortable for some people and some don't even feel it and fall asleep" are you kidding me? There's no way that's possible. The worst part is, I am not happy with my results. I went in a size 12 and I am still a size 12 only with a very odd shape to my abodomen. I admit that I have not been hard core dieting since the procedure, but I am not a bad eater either. I never eat fast food but I only exercise a couple times a week. I am ashamed to say this has been one of the biggest regrets of my life and I'm reminded of it everytime I look in the mirror and when I pay my monthly bill. ($10, 000) the only people on line that I see that are happy with their results are already small people to begin with. It makes me wonder if this type of procedure is only successful for those who need very little work done. I would like to hear more from jdan11 and Bea1313. They told me they didn't offer general anesthetic?

• St
    Stephanie Rae Jan 06, 2014

I went to a free consultation and ended up signin the contract and scheduling surgery . Its been nearly a year and I had waist hips upper n lower abdomen lazor lipo just means a lazor makes the tiny incision instead of a knife I look better went thru a lot of pain, also think I acquired a hernia from the procedure brought it up the last two visits . The Dr played it off as a possible pre-existing condition . I am not sure what to do next since I don't have health ins. I financed the whole 4250.00 Didn't tell me about the 100.00 garnments that I would need three of or that I would need to pay an additional 1250 for the vela shape to smooth away the bumpiness. Not sure I would recommend it or do it again but I did go from a size 14 to a 6. So I would say if you have fibromyalgia it hurts like hell and there super chinsey with the pain meds needed afterwards!

• St
    Stephanie Rae Jan 07, 2014

I went in for the free consultation and was talked into it signed the contract and scheduled the surgery. I think I acquired a hernia from it . I told the Dr the last 2 visits He played it of as it may have been there and I just didn't notice it. Not sure how to handle that since I don't have ins and financed the whole 4250.00 They fail to tell you that you need 2or 3 100.00 garnments that you can only get thru them . and that There is 1250.00 dollar procedure that you may need to smooth the bumpy skin after wards. called vela shape which I coulnt afford. I supposedly needed upper n lower abdomen waist n hips I have 10 tiny incisions that looks like I was poked with the tip of a filet knife . I have Fybromyalgia Which I informed them of.They seemed like it would still be safe. Except... I had no idea how much pain it would cause me! I was told I would be able to go back to work (cleaning houses ) in 3 days!well I needed 3 weeks off I couldn't hardly get up without help it hurt so freekin bad and they certainly did not want to give me anything for the pain It was rough! I went from a size 13 to a 6 Its been 11 mos I still have pain here n there The Lazer part doesn't make it any less painfull He still gouged that rod in me like I was having any other Lipo Procedure. They never did give me any of the pictures they took either . So anyway I am happy that im smaller wish it wasn't so bumpy its not smooth like I was expecting and it hurt like hell ! Good Luck To Anyone who Goes Through it!!

• Al
    Alicia Salazar Jan 24, 2014

I paid a lot of money to sono bello and for nothing, the people in the office are very unprofessional, I wish I can get my money back

• Ta
    Tanya Gall Jan 29, 2014

It has been two years since I was at Sonobello. The last time I was there I was upset because the doctor disfigured my sides and I am still having side effects. I was told that I was still in recovery mode and to give my body time to heal. Well I have and now I cannot where a bikini top ever. I asked for my thighs to be evened out as much as possible to a childhood growth problem my muffin top to be removed so I looked better for summer. I am very upset that I am permanently disfigured. I think two years is enough time for healing. The nerves are still super sensitive and itch. No one can touch my sides at all without causing pain, the skin looks veiny and the contouring is so extreme it looks unnatural. I have tunnels on my thighs where it shows I had a procedure done and I have a banana roll that was created under my bum that was not there and is most irritating and have to put powder on it so that I don't get a rash.I had to have my procedures done twice because the first time was not correct. I was told this was normal. Now I wonder if the doctor did this on purpose cause I was not happy or if he just screwed up. Either way I am very upset. Sonobello advertises that they are experienced in body contouring not disfiguring. I paid 8000 dollars for some help with my figure and your doctor made me look deformed.

• Dr
    drdgonlady Mar 09, 2014

I just was hearing the ad on TV and thinking to going on to Sonobello's site when I saw this. WOW. I would love to get rid of my stomach, but this doesn't look like the place to go to. I am so sorry. Guess I am going to have to work extra hard at dieting and exercising. I have a very low threshold for pain and I would be screaming. Plus I don't have insurance and don't want any future problems. Someone should really investigate this company and if what is said is real, get rid of them.

• Mc
    McMom Mar 14, 2014

I seriously think all of you, who have had very bad experiences, should file a class action.

• Su
    superunhappy14 May 02, 2014

This was the worst experience and investment in my life. Prior to the procedure I was told that if I was unhappy they could go back and fix my concerns. After the procedure when I was absolutely unhappy with what was accomplished and the fact that my inner thighs were wavy looking ( My 8 year old daughter pointed out when I put a swim suit on...I havent worn one since) they said that there was nothing they could do...it was just the way I healed. What type of company would handle a patient/client with this type of disrespect? I have been miserable and unhappy ever since. I only wanted my stomach worked on and they made me feel like I needed my entire waist, hips, stomach, thighs...inner & outer and even my knees. They then proceeded to tell me that my arms needed work...That was a joke...My arms were extremely fit. What a true and frustrating disappointment.

• He
    Heather thurston Jun 04, 2014

Soon bello is by far the WORST COMPANY EVER !!! Especially to work for they don't care at all about there employees or there patients and it's quite ironic because at the office in Kirkland all the bosses are HUGE to the point of like scariness. It's like if you BELEIVE in the product so much you may want to invest in it but they don't because they know what a horrible scam it is. The girls that you call into and talk to over the phone are all overweight it' literally makes no sense at all. They say anything to try and make it sound like you need to come in and get a consultation they' are trained to do that they will literally tell someone WHos 105 pounds that stay away from Sonobello not only for the services but as employment there taught to be liars and scammers and that poor lady who died it's so sad they try to tell there employees it was her fault how selfish and cruel can you be? I was DISCUSTED honestly stsyvawsy from this company in every way possible it's a bunch of cold hearted liars who need to get the surgery themselves.

• Sd
    S.,D.,S,. Jul 13, 2014

I have been thinking about having some work done and I saw this place advertise in my city for the first time. I just happened upon the reviews, and boy am I glad. It seems quite coincidental that the majority of the comments are horribly negative and then there will be this one rogue "glowing" comment strewn here and there. I think this may be indicative of someone seeing all of the negative comments about themselves and then trying to negate those comments by posting good reviews about themselves but in the third person. It just seems really shady all around. No. They won't be using me for a guinea pig. And they won't be scamming me out of hard earned money either. Thanks for the heads up!

• M7
    m72 Nov 24, 2014

It's hard to believe that you went through with it after reading all the negative reviews.I have never heard of a surgeon that does not put there patients under...Girl run away as fast as you can and don't look back!

• M7
    m72 Nov 24, 2014

That comment was for superunhappy14

• Ou
    Out $18,000.00 in Tacoma Feb 05, 2015

I think I'm more disappointed in myself, again... for jumping head first and then looking back.
    I also saw the TV commercials, the “before and after” shots, heard the Words, “would you like to look like these after one treatment”. I said of course! It was Thursday in November when I went in, just for a consult on my “tummy” area, and after 2 hours… my 1st surgery was booked for the very next day, Friday.
    My procedure I originally asked for did include my abdomen, but only the lower? I was told that I would not have positive results unless I had my entire abdomen, bra area, back “love handles”, under my arms, my neck, inside my thighs, and don’t forget the pubic area so I didn’t end of with “man junk”! (Really, she really said this)
    I found myself financing $18, 000!!! (Conveniently they offered a Care Credit company that would allow me to borrow $10, 000 on the spot and advanced my VISA for the balance of $8, 000.00*
    After 2 scheduled procedures, a month apart, I looked the same! Nothing like the commercials, nothing like I was told… in fact, I even wrote on my original paperwork before the 1st surgery that “I was guaranteed this procedure would work”. I was devastated with the results! I showed them the original paperwork and was told that nothing written, other than the printed material, was legal and binding.
    I understood before going in that this was not a weight loss program but a size reduction procedure as they were removing excess fat mass (7 liters in my case) rather than weight. Yet, each time I went back for a “post op”, I was chastised for not losing pounds… I was told I wasn’t doing my part… I was wearing the compression garment but was not exercising extensively. I was eating right as I was not gaining, but not “dieting” enough. In other words… it was me.
    They did do a 3rd procedure, I signed a paper stating that this was the only time they would try and re-do my original abdomen area, at no more charge to me (remember~ $18, 000.00). They used a “local” anesthetic that wore off before the procedure was over. I rolled from one side to the other, I heard and felt everything.
    The pain, the time, the money would have all been worth it to me, if it had worked like the commercials.
    I am the same size, I have lost 10 pounds, BUT I LOOK AND FEEL THE SAME!
    Out $18, 000.00 in Tacoma

• Am
    AMEJ Feb 19, 2015

Thank you to all of you who have written your experiences. I too have a consult set up in two weeks and will be cancelling it. I got sucked in by the commercials and cost. I haven't seen one person say they only needed 1 procedure. I just wanted it done on my stomach to reduce it, slightly overweight. But now I have learned that stomach is likely 3 procedures 1) Abdomen 2) upper stomache and 3) lower stomache. False advertising. I am so sorry that so many of you have had such awful experiences, but know this, your stories are preventing others of following suit and putting $$ in their pocket. Thank you!

Lantinez Mar 17, 2015

They sound like Athenix...people...please stay away from these types of places. Seems to me a place where doctors practice their skills. I had Athenix do a lot of areas of liposuction on me and had to have a full revision and still need another revision! No real results just more problems, lumps, fat moved over to another area, baggy skin, etc. These places will not stand by their doctors, they will say you signed the consent form so its up to us to go online and let the people know and warn them!

• Zp
    Zpmbiedoll Apr 07, 2015

I had laser lipo from Sonobello Portland, OR and again at Sonobello Beverly hills. The results were a horrible experience. After the first lipo, the healing was painful and they didn't take out enough fat so I had to get the procedure done again. I followed the after care exactly as specified and wore my garment exactly how I was supposed to. The second time I had my surgery it was a different doctor and he claimed he could fix it. Well once again...followed aftercare exactly how I was supposed to and wore the same garment but a size smaller. (I was working out and eating well)Both garments had a zipper right down the front of it and when I sat down it folded in. I asked them about this and they said it's ok, so I thought nothing of it. The healing after the second procedure was worse than the first time, even though the doctor said it would be much easier. Well months after my second procedure and after all the swelling went down, what was once my decent stomach, was now about a 4-5 inch long indent about 2 inches above my belly button. My lower stomach is all indented and ripply. I contacted the company again and told them how unhappy and depressed I was about my belly and how it looked better prior to the procedures. It was a back and forth of phones calls and driving to them once a week(about 2 hrs in traffic each way) to get some non invasive Velashape something or other which should have supposedly helped with the indent and dimplyness. I went about 7 times. No change. So instead of the company offering to get my stomach fixed or refund me the money I paid, they said I would have to stop the Velashape/Velafreeze treatments and they could only give me back $1500 of the $3500 I paid. They said my stomach looked just fine and better than before. They were just looking at pictures, pictures that looked better anyways. I was pretty much at a loss. Stuck with a permanent blah belly and can never wear bikinis. I work out 5 days a week and eat healthy, yet my belly never changes. Its so depressing and I can't afford to get it fixed. I'm happy that some can afford to fix it and hopefully one day I will as well.

• Co
    Concerned Physician Jun 14, 2015

As a Board Certified Plastic surgeon in New York City, I would say to potential patients, "buyer beware". This place may tout that all of their doctors are board certified but they are NOT all board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Your surgeon must be certified by this board ONLY to be sure your surgeon is properly credentialed to perform a cosmetic procedure on you. Some of the surgeons performing procedures for SonoBello are general surgeons doing cosmetic procedures. I'm sure there are other types of doctors performing procedures as well. Doctors who claim to be certified by the AMERICAN board of Cosmetic Surgery are NOT plastic surgeons. Places such as SonoBello typically are owned and operated by businessmen. They do mass marketing to bring in potential patients like a mill and then have doctors perfom procedures on them. There are some decent plastic surgeons who do take part time employment by SonoBello to supplement their practice. However, I wouldn't take any chances. Just go to a private Board Certified Platic surgeon, NOT "cosmetic" surgeon.

• Di
    Diane mullan Jun 18, 2015

I am very disappointed with sono bello. I did get this procedure done I went for the consultations first and they tell you you will see a big difference and everything, well I get the procedure done they give you the contour spandex pants and then tell you now you need another one, which I purchased. Well one year later and to me I still look the same, so I called them and told them that with the money I paid I should have seen some difference. So they schedule me to come in to see the dr. And all he tells me is that it is all lose skin, I can tell the difference between lose skin and not, especially when I look at picture of me before and after the procedure and there is no difference.. So the doctor tells me I need to get a tummy tuck. This place is a scam

• Al
    Albertha H Jul 06, 2015

My name is Albertha and love the work that the surgeons at Sono Bello did for me . I absolutely in love with my new shape, they've made the process for getting to my body goals very attainable for me. Thank You Sono Bello!!

• Gm
    Gmsharp Jul 24, 2015

I had my procedure. On the day if my surgery, I Attempted to walk out but they talked me into staying. This is the worse place I have ever seen. HORRIBLE BUSINESS PRACTICES.

I had about 8 people that was going to have the same procedure. They have now chosen another location due to my experience. My daughter showed up for her procedure today, due to their practices, poor planning, and all around treatment, she has requeat and they agreed to refund her money back.

She told them she takes Aderoll and they wait 10 minutes before the surgery time to tell her that can't do it until she was off the medication for a week. They knew for two weeks she takes it. They don't do their homework.

I will blast your office to anyone who will listen.

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THE HOUSTON OFFICE.

• Bella Page Aug 26, 2015

Soooo GLAD I FOUND THIS... Was considering after the TV commercials, wanted to contour lower abs (mummy pouch), saddle bags & inner thighs. *****SRSLY????? UNconcious Sedation as opposed Conscious Sedation, like the Dentist does? Even a Lower GI / Colonoscopy allows Versed. Obvious America at Finest, ripping off vulnerable & hopeful people wanting the outside to match their inside. I will take The good advice and stick to BOARD CERTIFIED COSMETIC SURGEONS. Come to think of this, it rings of stories of those who traveled to other countries for surgery.