Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Medical Negligence and Deficiency Sono Bello scam! stay away!

Sono Bello  - scam! stay away!

Author of the complaint
9:55 am
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I agree, stay away from Sono Bello! I went there for a free consultation, and subsequently went for 2 other consultations with "real" plastic surgeons before selecting a doctor for my procedure. The experiences at the other two offices were different as night & day from the high pressure cheesy sales tactics at Sono Bello.

First of all, I was told at SB that I would not even meet the doctor until the day of surgery! That alone should be enough to make you run away. My consultation was with a saleswoman who has no medical training and frankly lied to me on many points (including volunteering that they have "never had a case of lidocaine toxicity" when in fact I learned later that they had - a woman had recently died after surgery at SB.)

There were so many other lies and half-truths, and a lot of pressure to put a deposit down right now to secure a spot, fully refundable up to 2 weeks before the procedure. Stupidly, I made the mistake of putting down a deposit only because of the full refund assurance, and some concern about scheduling - and when I called hours later that day to say the timing would not work and I wanted to cancel, I got put through the most unbelievable run-around for over a week before they finally did issue a refund. Very sleazy business practices.

Finally, you would think at least their pricing must be good, given that they are all about ramming as many people through their system as quickly as possible - but no, they actually wanted $7000 for a procedure that two other highly regarded surgeons offered for only $4000!

Do yourself a favor, maybe save your life, stay away from this place!

Helpful? 9 0
Jul 27, 2010 7:03 pm
Sono Bello would like to address many of the online reviews regarding our procedures and practices. Please visit http://sonobello.com/open-reviews/ for more information.
Feb 17, 2010 2:33 pm
Irid,

Thank you for your comments. I’m the director of patient care here at Sono Bello and I would invite you to check us out for yourself. You are correct that there have been several negative complaints about our company. This is very unfortunate because to date we have had the privilege of performing over 4, 300 procedures. Although we aren’t happy that there have been some negative comments I can assure you that we’ll do everything we can to make sure each individuals experience is great. All of our doctors are board certified physicians and our entire staff works very hard to ensure the best outcomes for all our patients. I would be happy to facilitate a consultation if you would be interested in giving us a chance to earn your business. You can contact me at [email protected]
Feb 17, 2010 2:31 pm
Hello Spot, I’m the director of patient care here at Sono Bello and I hope you found a clinic you were comfortable with and had the procedure done. It sounds like we may have fallen down in a couple of areas during your experience with us and for that we are sorry. If you would be willing to give me more insight into your experience and what we can do to continually improve you can reach me at [email protected]
Feb 17, 2010 2:29 pm
LMS98004, I’m the director of patient care here at Sono Bello and I wanted to follow up with you regarding your post. I’m glad to hear your friend had a good experience with us and apologize that yours wasn’t better. All the doctors at Sono Bello are board certified physicians with excellent credentials but that doesn’t matter unless we can create a comfortable atmosphere for you. If you can help me with additional feedback I would appreciate it. You can reach me at [email protected] Thank you.

More Sono Bello complaints & reviews

Sono Bello - non-professional sellers
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Sono Bello - beware!
Sono Bello - taken
89 comments
Oct 17, 2018 9:55 am

sono bello the worst place ever. i went here for me everything went bad here
the employees are all so nice until you sign papers so then get your money then they ingore you. The dr was even taking like hes fake cause he told me like 90 % of people like to do it a 2nd time to make sure we have all the fat out but do u know what that means gor sono bello $$$$$$.

J
Jul 29, 2018 9:55 am

Would you trust your money to Kay Love of Sonobello who cheats on ex-husband and soon to be ex-husband?
Would you trust your money to Kay Love of Sonobello who steals $ in thousands from her soon to be ex- husband?

5 1

sonobello worst night mare

J
Jul 06, 2018 9:55 am

Kay Love, Sonobello Senior travel consultant, compromised her integrity by transfer large amount in thousands of her husbands money to her individual bank account while her husband having extended critical surgery.
Would anybody feel comfortable dealing with a sales consultant that steal money from her husband?

1 1
Jun 04, 2018 9:55 am

I have been reading these review's and I am amazed! I had 4 area's done two years ago, and came back on the website because I might have two more area's done. I had a wonderful experience at SonoBello! I met the Dr. before the surgery. He answered all of my questions, the staff were very friendly and the nurses made me feel very comfortable. I have a few friends that also did procedures at SonoBello and they never had any negative things to say about staff or their results. I actually went and had an app with my Dr. last year, just to check up. He gave me some awesome tips to help me, keep the weight off. I would like to make a remark to the person who said what is the matter with Diet and exercise ? Myself and my Husband Body Built for 20 years. Then we started Breeding and Training Horses, I have done that for 25 years. I have three crushed vertebrae in my back, Neck whiplashed 4 times, both shoulders are bad, feet very bad, from being stepped on. I have tried it all to keep in shape and two many injuries to workout religiously which you have to do to get results. Not everyone eats at McDonalds and sits on the couch and wonders why they are out of shape!

Feb 13, 2018 9:55 am

Big scam. My wife went there, against my protesting and no surprise, NO RESULTS. She was so disappointed, she went back and complained and was given a free procedure expecting some results. Again, no surprise, NO RESULTS. Big scam.

1 1
Oct 17, 2018 9:55 am

right big scam they need to get closed down. i went here to. i am so glad i didnt go through with it i saved my 6500. all of employees and dr all telling lies. at 1st they wasnt going to give me my money back. then i was so mad kept complaning. they said ok. take down bad reviews i was like why. i took down 1 bit they didnt see the other web site. they play games so why cant i. this place is crap. they charge way to much money and i even heard from another person they druged her and didnt even take that much fat out as she wanted but they told her they took alot out but didnt see no different and she paid over 10, 000. for what. like really.

Oct 12, 2017 9:55 am

I went to Sono Bello on August 3th for consultation.I was very upset because the price that was quoted was different from what I was originally told.i needed Liposuction done on my tummy to help ease the severe pain that I have in my lower back. I had saved 3000.00 that tuck me yrs to save.because I'm on SSI.I paid them that cash upfront. but they had said it was more then I was told it would be. but they moved things around and gave me discounts and told me they would do it for me right away on that Saturday the 5th of August.2017. 2 days later. I was in triers from my back pain.as well. I went in on that Saturday and they did the Liposuction on my whole tummy. I was in a lot of pain when I came out of the procedure. days later my stomach kept swelling and getting redder with a whole lot of red lines and pus coming out of where my belly button is. they had me on Antibiotics for just a few days.But the pain and swelling continued to get worse.so I went to see them a couple more times and I called them many many more times. finally, I stopped going there because they kept telling me it's all normal.September 29th 2017, I had to go in for a CT scan.that night my gastrologist called me and told me that I had Cellulitis and if the pain continued for me to get to the Hospital right away.because my whole tummy was infected .I ask my Docter how that could happen? he told me it can come from an infection caused by wounds or openings that allowed Bacteria into my tummy.I told him the procedure I had done at Sono Bello.and I told him that they worked on my whole tummy..my doctor told me that that is Exactly where the infection is.and that it was in the same area that they did the procedure.he advised me to call them right a way to let them know that procedure gave me Cellulitis. I have been very sick since then. I called them immediately after hanging up with the specialist and told them what the doctor said that he saw the infraction on the CT scan and he told me to call them right away.they told me that they are not a medical clinic and I would have to see my own doctor because they can not teat me for this infection. even though it was caused by them.so if I had not had my own doctor, I would be in the hospital right now. I just saw another doctor today Oct 12th 2017, and was told that the infection did so much damage to the inside of my stomach that it will be deformed and messed up and the pain swelling and damage from the infection will take a very long time to heal and later will have to have another procedure done to correct the damage. and I still owe them another $4000 which will talk me at least 60 months to pay off. so a total of over $9000 I will have to pay them for making me sick. please be very careful if you go to them. they will talk you into something then it could mess you up.

V
Oct 04, 2017 9:55 am

Ill be sure and send you an e mail as well Ms. Director, since you didnt

Jul 28, 2017 9:55 am

I am sorry to hear about your experiences with Sono Bello. I share such similar experiences as everyone. We are joining together to fight back! Please go to the below website and provide your email address.

Please help spread this message!

With love,
SM

Jun 19, 2017 9:55 am

Well I'm scheduled for a consultation on July 8th and after taking time and reading all the reviews I won't be going. I mean scary reviews! I'm so glad I took the time to research before getting myself into a mess! Thanks for being real and telling the truth to help others not to make a terrible mistake. I'll be looking elsewhere!

Mar 31, 2017 9:55 am

Someone needs to start a class action law suit. This has huge "legal win" written all over it! The PR dept from sono bello even jumped on the post to try to do damage control (unsuccessfully I might add). All the cases of people who didn't get what they were promised, and surgeries gone wrong... It would be a landfall

May 09, 2017 9:55 am

I think you mean a windfall. I saw one of their TV commercials and decided to investigate. It seems they prey upon desperate people who want a "quick fix." As a retired physician, I advise that you run like hell. Reading the abominable grammar and spelling in these reviews is also a source of amusement. Even stupid people should not be scammed, though.

0 0

This company is still continuing to advertise on TV [2017] and I believed what they say. I have areas that no matter how much exercise I do, I cannot get rid of the fat. (triceps and lower stomach). I was seriously considering this procedure. I am glad I read these complaints as I would rather live with the fat than be out thousands of dollars and be deformed. Everyone should do research about every product or service they intend to buy. It might save them thousands. I don't know why these companies are allowed to stay in business. Someone should report them to the Better Business Bureau.

D

glad I read these from the sound of it a plastic surgeon is the way to go, and sonobello you can write anything you want people are not going to believe anything you say, I didn't, sounds like a really big bad scam thats jacks your body up, no thanks I say

T
Jan 29, 2014 9:55 am

It has been two years since I was at Sonobello. The last time I was there I was upset because the doctor disfigured my sides and I am still having side effects. I was told that I was still in recovery mode and to give my body time to heal. Well I have and now I cannot where a bikini top ever. I asked for my thighs to be evened out as much as possible to a childhood growth problem my muffin top to be removed so I looked better for summer. I am very upset that I am permanently disfigured. I think two years is enough time for healing. The nerves are still super sensitive and itch. No one can touch my sides at all without causing pain, the skin looks veiny and the contouring is so extreme it looks unnatural. I have tunnels on my thighs where it shows I had a procedure done and I have a banana roll that was created under my bum that was not there and is most irritating and have to put powder on it so that I don't get a rash.I had to have my procedures done twice because the first time was not correct. I was told this was normal. Now I wonder if the doctor did this on purpose cause I was not happy or if he just screwed up. Either way I am very upset. Sonobello advertises that they are experienced in body contouring not disfiguring. I paid 8000 dollars for some help with my figure and your doctor made me look deformed.

C
Sep 27, 2016 9:55 am

I had a horrible experience not only with the doctor, but with the entire process and them promising I could video, but always having an excuse, etc... My condition to do the procedures (11 areas) was that I be able to video it. I was assured. The first set of areas the doctor told me that I couldn't video. It was the same time he drugged me and we went into the surgery. Afterwards I was told it was because I didn't sign a release. I signed a release and named the employee who promised to video it for me! The 2nd set of areas, again I was told that they couldn't do it, because they didn't have the signed release. I signed AGAIN. The 3rd and last time of surgeries they informed me that it was against their policy! Seriously?! Why wasn't I told this BEFORE I paid for the surgeries (they are NON-refundable after you get your receipt and read it). So, I had to endure the excrusiating pain that is described by others here and believe me, it was a NIGHTMARE. I felt like I sold my sold to the devil, only I actually paid over $25K to put myself through this hell. I kept filling out their survey, explaining how unhappy I was with them and the doctor and NEVER did they EVER approach me about my dissatisfactions or misery. And, the end, when I tried scheduling the "misc" Venus Freeze procedures that were supposed to be done 4 times for EACH area, they kept putting me off to another employee and then informed me that it was for only ONE area 4 times, not the 11 areas that I actually paid to have done. Who in the world believes that "misc" means "one"?! They even claimed that there is "no value" to the Venus Freeze treatments that were on the Contract but never done. (A good warning to not ever try those either.) I think that I will investigate with others and see who wants to do a class action lawsuit or I may just file this one on my own. This company DEFINITELY is dishonest and doesn't care about the patients. It feels like a factory run operation - the doctor doesn't even remember you when he sees you for pre-op or post-of sessions, not to mention the day of the surgery! I changed the last area, which was supposed to be my jawls and neck, to be my calves. I didn't want that guy NEAR my face. And, like I suspected, my calves look like only one was done. The other one looks exactly the same. One of the nurses explained that the doctor is grouchy because he is diabetic. REALLY?! Being rude and grouchy to a patient is acceptable if you are a diabetic?! Scariest procedures I have ever done and to think they were voluntary! I am walking my ### off and trying to make my over $25K investment worth my time, pain and money. If nothing else - the pain and horrible experience was motivation enough for them not to have stolen from me without me getting some results. I have lost over 35 pounds in 3 months. Coincidentally, when I had lost 30 pounds after the 3rd set of areas, I asked the nurse how much they have noted that I lost and she said "5 pounds". I had to point out to her that I actually lost much more. They are clueless to our personal goals and/or results. It is all about taking our money and processing us in and out as quickly as possible. We aren't even a name or face to recognized! STAY AWAY! And, feel free to contact me: [email protected]

View 0 more photos
Mar 31, 2017 9:55 am

If it were me, I'd look into a lawsuit! I can't believe all these horrible stories! I just wrote a reply saying so. Can't believe nobody has done a class action suit; SB has got to be biting their nails over that one though

Jul 27, 2016 9:55 am

Have you considered filing with BBB? Did BS offer any type of guarantee?

Jun 11, 2016 9:55 am

Lipo at Sona Bella costs between $10, 000 - $20, 000 depending on the number of areas involved. They won't tell you that unless you go in for a consult.

Jun 10, 2016 9:55 am

What a scam. I was called twice to be reminded of how busy they were and ended up waiting 45 minutes before I got in while listening to the salesperson (there is no consultant, folks) shoot the bull with the girls at the front desk. When I finally got in She explained to told me that the ligaments need to be "reattached" under the chin duringthe lift procedure... So the ligaments in my neck aren't attached any longer? Are they serious? LOL if that were the case I think I would have many more serious issues...
Anyway, I got tired of the BS and got myself out of there. The cost of the "lift" was $10, 000. This is about $4, 000 more than the plastic surgeon I recently visited quoted me.

V
May 26, 2016 9:55 am

I see all the complaints but no one talks about the actual pricing is it really 1, 290 or is it more then that following three areas tho ?

N
Jun 27, 2021 9:55 am

Cost is significantly more than any other place and much less results. They just advertise when others don't. Plus they do financing. They've figured out how to charge $10K for a normally $4K priced procedure that provides $1200 results.

P
May 02, 2016 9:55 am

They are full of s*** will not recommend anyone please do your research

P
May 02, 2016 9:55 am

I want to Sono Bello in st. Louis Missouri I would not recommend anyone to go I paid too much money for nothing the doctors you do not meet until day of surgery they only took out a half a cup of fat I was only a hundred and sixty nine pounds there is no way my stomach still should be fat I was not a very big person they say you will see results in a month my stomach looks bad I went March 23rd 2016 stomach is still big waistline still flabby there is no way I should look the way I look today they are money hungry going to Sono Bello was one of the worst decisions I have ever made in my life St.Louis Missouri Sono Bello is full of s***

N
Jun 27, 2021 9:55 am

So true. The do bad work and very little work. The intent is to have you come back again and again for more procedures. I recommend finding a doctor in the area that will probably do twice as much for less than half the price. Sadly, their marketing is aggressive and you (we) assume that big and widespread should mean costs savings for us and them. Instead they charge significantly more than other plastic surgeons who don't tend to advertise.

W
Feb 24, 2016 9:55 am

2-3 yeasr ago, i visit sonobello facility at scottsdale for a procedure. The worked areas was the following; hip, upper abs, lower abs. I get disapointed after i saw the 6-12 months results. Dr. Davine was the doctor that work in the areas mentioned above and my complaint is; he concentrate to much on the lower abs, an now i look very ugly from side view, he did not remove fat from upper abs at all. However i visit again the facility because i want another areas to be remove/finish. I make an appointment with the manager (sue) and show her the areas and also explain her my fustration. She told me that when i come back for the pre-op talk with the doctor about it and shoulb be not a problem. The date of the pre-op arrive but the doctor told me that he will no do it, because can be a risk. I question myself if i pay for the procedure, he will be happy to do it right!. I believe if the doctor that is assign to do the new areas remove a little tisue to make equal the upeer and lower abs, i will be happy with out complaint. However read this, do something asap! also you can ask for the fotos at the scottdale facility. Thank you

Feb 24, 2016 9:55 am

I believe this company is the same company that advertised several years ago under a different name. I have had liposuction by a Board Certified
Plastic surgeon in the late 1980's in a hospital and without any complications, however IT IS NOT BAND-AID SURGERY and should not be advertised
as such, there is a chance of mutltiple things that can go wrong and a recovery that takes about a month.
If anyone is looking for a cosmetic surgeon -please seek out help from your doctor or someone you know who can recommend a qualified Board Cerified Plastic Surgeon -I have seen some botched surgery because of bad surgeons-BE Careful

F
Feb 04, 2016 9:55 am

I was told by Sonobello /Dr. Dillion that I would lose tons of weight after these procedures were done. I have not lost one pound nor did I get to meet with my Dr during my healing stages of this Procedure I meet with various nurses from various states. I will be suing them for malpractice and fraud.

Jan 27, 2016 9:55 am

I wished I would have seen this complaint board first...Its all about the money here! I did put money down and signed...I explained Id like to wait till June to have my procedure...Then I was told I could use my down payment toward Venus treatments...Now I being told I gunner lose my down payment if I don't make my appointment on Friday. I had to reschedule because I had a funeral to attend. They made an appointment for me that I new nothing about until I got a phone call today. If I knew about the appointment that they made for me I would have said Not that day. I have a contest for 4-H and FFA kids and I've known this day was out since December. So I knew I didn't agree to this appointment.
I don't like dishonest people. Just stay away from this place. Grow old gracefully! My kids better never take a JOB to keep money that's not theirs. Shame SHame.
My downpayment does not belong to SONOBELLO. It needs to be given back to me.

0 0

I saw this procedure for the first time on TV today and since exercise and diet do not work for me like it use too. I'm kind of desperate to try anything. But i thank all of you for saving me time, pain, money and probably looking worse do to incompetent Doctors. Its amazing how many doctors can have all these new technologies and yet they really don't have the full training they should have. Unless they have at least a year of training with this equipment and what to do to make it work for the patient, they should be shut down.

Aug 28, 2015 9:55 am

Most folks don't realize, a cosmetic surgeon is not a plastic surgeon. An eye doctor can get a cosmetic surgery fellowship and start practicing cosmetic surgery ( there are several in Bellevue who's degrees are in ophthalmology). I would check to make sure the doctor performing these procedures is a board certified PLASTIC surgeon. I would guess not many of the Sono Bello doc's are plastic surgeons.

B
Aug 26, 2015 9:55 am

Soooo GLAD I FOUND THIS... Was considering after the TV commercials, wanted to contour lower abs (mummy pouch), saddle bags & inner thighs. *****SRSLY? UNconcious Sedation as opposed Conscious Sedation, like the Dentist does? Even a Lower GI / Colonoscopy allows Versed. Obvious America at Finest, ripping off vulnerable & hopeful people wanting the outside to match their inside. I will take The good advice and stick to BOARD CERTIFIED COSMETIC SURGEONS. Come to think of this, it rings of stories of those who traveled to other countries for surgery.

G
Jul 24, 2015 9:55 am

I had my procedure. On the day if my surgery, I Attempted to walk out but they talked me into staying. This is the worse place I have ever seen. HORRIBLE BUSINESS PRACTICES.

I had about 8 people that was going to have the same procedure. They have now chosen another location due to my experience. My daughter showed up for her procedure today, due to their practices, poor planning, and all around treatment, she has requeat and they agreed to refund her money back.

She told them she takes Aderoll and they wait 10 minutes before the surgery time to tell her that can't do it until she was off the medication for a week. They knew for two weeks she takes it. They don't do their homework.

I will blast your office to anyone who will listen.

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THE HOUSTON OFFICE.

Jul 06, 2015 9:55 am

My name is Albertha and love the work that the surgeons at Sono Bello did for me . I absolutely in love with my new shape, they've made the process for getting to my body goals very attainable for me. Thank You Sono Bello!

Jun 18, 2015 9:55 am

I am very disappointed with sono bello. I did get this procedure done I went for the consultations first and they tell you you will see a big difference and everything, well I get the procedure done they give you the contour spandex pants and then tell you now you need another one, which I purchased. Well one year later and to me I still look the same, so I called them and told them that with the money I paid I should have seen some difference. So they schedule me to come in to see the dr. And all he tells me is that it is all lose skin, I can tell the difference between lose skin and not, especially when I look at picture of me before and after the procedure and there is no difference.. So the doctor tells me I need to get a tummy tuck. This place is a scam

C
Jun 14, 2015 9:55 am

As a Board Certified Plastic surgeon in New York City, I would say to potential patients, "buyer beware". This place may tout that all of their doctors are board certified but they are NOT all board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Your surgeon must be certified by this board ONLY to be sure your surgeon is properly credentialed to perform a cosmetic procedure on you. Some of the surgeons performing procedures for SonoBello are general surgeons doing cosmetic procedures. I'm sure there are other types of doctors performing procedures as well. Doctors who claim to be certified by the AMERICAN board of Cosmetic Surgery are NOT plastic surgeons. Places such as SonoBello typically are owned and operated by businessmen. They do mass marketing to bring in potential patients like a mill and then have doctors perfom procedures on them. There are some decent plastic surgeons who do take part time employment by SonoBello to supplement their practice. However, I wouldn't take any chances. Just go to a private Board Certified Platic surgeon, NOT "cosmetic" surgeon.

Z
Apr 07, 2015 9:55 am

I had laser lipo from Sonobello Portland, OR and again at Sonobello Beverly hills. The results were a horrible experience. After the first lipo, the healing was painful and they didn't take out enough fat so I had to get the procedure done again. I followed the after care exactly as specified and wore my garment exactly how I was supposed to. The second time I had my surgery it was a different doctor and he claimed he could fix it. Well once again...followed aftercare exactly how I was supposed to and wore the same garment but a size smaller. (I was working out and eating well)Both garments had a zipper right down the front of it and when I sat down it folded in. I asked them about this and they said it's ok, so I thought nothing of it. The healing after the second procedure was worse than the first time, even though the doctor said it would be much easier. Well months after my second procedure and after all the swelling went down, what was once my decent stomach, was now about a 4-5 inch long indent about 2 inches above my belly button. My lower stomach is all indented and ripply. I contacted the company again and told them how unhappy and depressed I was about my belly and how it looked better prior to the procedures. It was a back and forth of phones calls and driving to them once a week(about 2 hrs in traffic each way) to get some non invasive Velashape something or other which should have supposedly helped with the indent and dimplyness. I went about 7 times. No change. So instead of the company offering to get my stomach fixed or refund me the money I paid, they said I would have to stop the Velashape/Velafreeze treatments and they could only give me back $1500 of the $3500 I paid. They said my stomach looked just fine and better than before. They were just looking at pictures, pictures that looked better anyways. I was pretty much at a loss. Stuck with a permanent blah belly and can never wear bikinis. I work out 5 days a week and eat healthy, yet my belly never changes. Its so depressing and I can't afford to get it fixed. I'm happy that some can afford to fix it and hopefully one day I will as well.

L

They sound like Athenix...people...please stay away from these types of places. Seems to me a place where doctors practice their skills. I had Athenix do a lot of areas of liposuction on me and had to have a full revision and still need another revision! No real results just more problems, lumps, fat moved over to another area, baggy skin, etc. These places will not stand by their doctors, they will say you signed the consent form so its up to us to go online and let the people know and warn them!

Feb 19, 2015 9:55 am

Thank you to all of you who have written your experiences. I too have a consult set up in two weeks and will be cancelling it. I got sucked in by the commercials and cost. I haven't seen one person say they only needed 1 procedure. I just wanted it done on my stomach to reduce it, slightly overweight. But now I have learned that stomach is likely 3 procedures 1) Abdomen 2) upper stomache and 3) lower stomache. False advertising. I am so sorry that so many of you have had such awful experiences, but know this, your stories are preventing others of following suit and putting $$ in their pocket. Thank you!

0 0

I think I'm more disappointed in myself, again... for jumping head first and then looking back.
I also saw the TV commercials, the “before and after” shots, heard the Words, “would you like to look like these after one treatment”. I said of course! It was Thursday in November when I went in, just for a consult on my “tummy” area, and after 2 hours… my 1st surgery was booked for the very next day, Friday.
My procedure I originally asked for did include my abdomen, but only the lower? I was told that I would not have positive results unless I had my entire abdomen, bra area, back “love handles”, under my arms, my neck, inside my thighs, and don’t forget the pubic area so I didn’t end of with “man junk”! (Really, she really said this)
I found myself financing $18, 000! (Conveniently they offered a Care Credit company that would allow me to borrow $10, 000 on the spot and advanced my VISA for the balance of $8, 000.00*
After 2 scheduled procedures, a month apart, I looked the same! Nothing like the commercials, nothing like I was told… in fact, I even wrote on my original paperwork before the 1st surgery that “I was guaranteed this procedure would work”. I was devastated with the results! I showed them the original paperwork and was told that nothing written, other than the printed material, was legal and binding.
I understood before going in that this was not a weight loss program but a size reduction procedure as they were removing excess fat mass (7 liters in my case) rather than weight. Yet, each time I went back for a “post op”, I was chastised for not losing pounds… I was told I wasn’t doing my part… I was wearing the compression garment but was not exercising extensively. I was eating right as I was not gaining, but not “dieting” enough. In other words… it was me.
They did do a 3rd procedure, I signed a paper stating that this was the only time they would try and re-do my original abdomen area, at no more charge to me (remember~ $18, 000.00). They used a “local” anesthetic that wore off before the procedure was over. I rolled from one side to the other, I heard and felt everything.
The pain, the time, the money would have all been worth it to me, if it had worked like the commercials.
I am the same size, I have lost 10 pounds, BUT I LOOK AND FEEL THE SAME!
Out $18, 000.00 in Tacoma

Nov 24, 2014 9:55 am

That comment was for superunhappy14

Nov 24, 2014 9:55 am

It's hard to believe that you went through with it after reading all the negative reviews.I have never heard of a surgeon that does not put there patients under...Girl run away as fast as you can and don't look back!

Jul 13, 2014 9:55 am

I have been thinking about having some work done and I saw this place advertise in my city for the first time. I just happened upon the reviews, and boy am I glad. It seems quite coincidental that the majority of the comments are horribly negative and then there will be this one rogue "glowing" comment strewn here and there. I think this may be indicative of someone seeing all of the negative comments about themselves and then trying to negate those comments by posting good reviews about themselves but in the third person. It just seems really shady all around. No. They won't be using me for a guinea pig. And they won't be scamming me out of hard earned money either. Thanks for the heads up!

H

Soon bello is by far the WORST COMPANY EVER ! Especially to work for they don't care at all about there employees or there patients and it's quite ironic because at the office in Kirkland all the bosses are HUGE to the point of like scariness. It's like if you BELEIVE in the product so much you may want to invest in it but they don't because they know what a horrible scam it is. The girls that you call into and talk to over the phone are all overweight it' literally makes no sense at all. They say anything to try and make it sound like you need to come in and get a consultation they' are trained to do that they will literally tell someone WHos 105 pounds that stay away from Sonobello not only for the services but as employment there taught to be liars and scammers and that poor lady who died it's so sad they try to tell there employees it was her fault how selfish and cruel can you be? I was DISCUSTED honestly stsyvawsy from this company in every way possible it's a bunch of cold hearted liars who need to get the surgery themselves.

0 0

This was the worst experience and investment in my life. Prior to the procedure I was told that if I was unhappy they could go back and fix my concerns. After the procedure when I was absolutely unhappy with what was accomplished and the fact that my inner thighs were wavy looking ( My 8 year old daughter pointed out when I put a swim suit on...I havent worn one since) they said that there was nothing they could do...it was just the way I healed. What type of company would handle a patient/client with this type of disrespect? I have been miserable and unhappy ever since. I only wanted my stomach worked on and they made me feel like I needed my entire waist, hips, stomach, thighs...inner & outer and even my knees. They then proceeded to tell me that my arms needed work...That was a joke...My arms were extremely fit. What a true and frustrating disappointment.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

151 complaints