Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Plastic Surgery Sono Bello Avoid this place! Very painful and complete scam

Sono Bello review: Avoid this place! Very painful and complete scam

T
Author of the complaint
9:35 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

After my horrible experience at Sono Bello Norfolk people definitely need to know whats going on.

I went to Sono Bello in Norfolk, VA. There are so many issues but ultimately I prepaid for services, including an almost 3k deposit, for services I never received. Additionally I never got medicine and after care I paid for, my procedure was never completed because Dr. Gilbert left in the first 45 minutes  after me begging him multiple times to give me more medicine or wait for it to take effect because I could feel everything. Initially Sono Bello appears great and the people are nice. They are really more like snake oil sales men. Beyond that, my procedure was the worst experience ever. They gave me a handful of pills, turned off the lights and left me for 45 mins to "fall into twighlight"

After, nurse Alex came to take me to the bathroom. I told her I was not in twighlight and only felt as if I was very slightly drunk but I was fully awake. After the restroom she took me in the procedure room. Dr. Gilbert asked me to get on the table and lay back so he could give me local anesthesia. I told him "that doesn't really work for me" he ignored nudged me down and continued sticking me everywhere. I told him it hurt and I was not in twighlight but he continued. He then started liposuction. I could feel it enter and exit each time. At one point, I felt him touch my ribs and the tube going back and forth below the bone on my lower left rib cage. I felt my skin seperate, like a pop, and heard it. I cried the entire time as Dr. Gilbert also refused the nurses multiple request to give me more medicine. We both asked multiple times to give me more medicine and he would not wait, despite my begging,  because as he said "I want to just finish". Eventually after nurse Alex continuing to ask he finally said yes. She handed me a percocet and immediately after I took it he pushed me back down on the table and immediately started. I again asked for him to let the medicine take effect and he ignored me. I continued to cry and beg him to just give me 5 mins. The nurse again asked to give me more medicine and he screamed "ABSOLUTELY NOT"

He eventually couldn't take my crying, as he said, and wouldn't let the medicine take effect so threw the tools down and he left me on the table and stormed out. The nurse and I looked at each as she stood in the corner mouth wide open. She said I've never seen that happen before. Another nurse came in and a manager and I asked her to please get him so I could talk to him. My eyes were so full of tears I could barely see them. I began to apologize and asked "what was I supposed to do, it was hurting, I didn't scream I eventually just laod there amd cried because he wouldn't stop" I explained I didn't want to go through this pain again and begged them to get him and that I just needed time for the medicine to work. While someone runbed my back, telling me "its not your fault" the manager left to find him saying "I'm gonna get someone to make him come back", she then returned sayimg he was definitely not coming back, that he refused. They got my ride and told him things didn't go well. He asked to see the doctor and they told him the doctor left. Nurse Alex then wrapped me up and helped me put my clothes on then sat me in the wheelchair to go out the side door. After getting in the car I fell asleep. From that point on I was told I was asleep for 6hrs. The next day I noticed I didn't have any antibiotics but was open and draining. I called and was told Dr. Gilbert didn't send the request to the pharmacy. They then had someone send the request and I recorded that conversation.

I didn't receive several items for after care I that I pre paid for. I didn't receive a procedure I pre paid for. Only one was started and not completed. Originally I contacted corporate and was told someone would call me back. I never received a call. I called the norfolk facility as well as text and I have not been given my refund. Dr. Gilbert mentioned it, Liz (finance) mentioned it but nothing. After my last text to Liz about the refund I never received a response. After they had the nurse manager call. I asked for a full refund and was told the near 3k was non-refundable but she would ask.

I then filled a BBB report. It was there I saw about 400 issues with sono bello. I wondered why these stories of issues were not more public but eventually found out. Corporate called, I asked for my refund and they refunded my $9200 care credit but not the nearly 3k. I was told I had to sign a release and agree to not tell anyone, write no bad reviews, don't contact the board of health... I didn't agree. I feel like this place should be shut down. It should be illegal to do what they do. I seems to be a work around to calling it actually plastic surgery or a surgery, something because they dont prepare your body. You are told to wash with antibacterial soap the night before and day of. The put something in your arm as place holder in case they need to give you an IV but they never give medicine through the IV.

If people were made aware of these things before giving the deposit I'm sure they wouldn't get the procedure. In the end he took out less than 875ml of fat which I was told it was maybe half a pound. So 11k-12k for half a pound.

Because he started the procedure I am now bound with a garment for 6 weeks and draining fluid. So healing from a procedure that was barely started.

People need to know about Sono Bello Norfolk. Please help.

If people were made aware of these things before giving the deposit I'm sure they wouldn't get the procedure. In the end he took out less than 875ml of fat which I was told it was maybe half a pound. So 11k-12k for almost half a pound removal.

More Sono Bello complaints & reviews

Sono Bello - scam! stay away!
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Sono Bello - non-professional sellers
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Sono Bello - beware!