Smart Saving CenterFraud

I'm so sorry for all these people who were ripped off. I was also ripped off by another company fairly recently. Today, I got the feeling that I should check my bank account. i went online and noticed that smart savings center charged me $1. I remember the first time we were ripped off, the first charge was $1. So, I immediately called my bank and had my card cancelled. They said that this one of the biggest phishing scams out there right now. I think they got my info from a spyware infection because I had to turn off my protection for about an hour, and this happened right during that time. Keep in mind, the only thing that I purchased online was my wedding rings and I called the company to verify that it wasn't them, and they assured me it wasn't. Plus it says right in their privacy statement that they don't give out your information. I printed the terms of use and privacy statement just in case. So, this being my fault in just not possible. Anyways, glad I caught them in the act. The last company that did this to us got us for thousands +intrest and over the limit fees...
Good luck to everyone trying to get their money back!

• Su
    sue smaw Nov 21, 2008

they took my money, , , , , unautorized charges!!!

• La
    Laurie Nov 21, 2008

Unfortunately if they have your account info - you gave it to them.

Probably internet shopping and FAILURE TO PAY ATTENTION to the information provided.

it could have been a survey, money off current order, or missed the checked box while checking out.

I know because I have seen all 3 and I am very careful to READ everything and make sure that check boxes are unchecked.

• La
    layla Dec 01, 2008

They took my money too. I never bought anything!!! What the hell?

• Er
    Eric Jan 08, 2009

The same thing happend to me. I didnt fill out any membership and out of the blue i get a $1.00 Charge. Amazon needs to tighten up its A game letting crooks like this onthere website. If your going to rob me at least be man enough to use a gun or a knife, then i can see whose doing me at least. This is why i hate plastic and shopping online.

• Hu
    Huntmor21 Jan 27, 2009

I bought a DVD, and i was charged a hidden membership fee!!!

• Ju
    Judy Bonine Feb 02, 2009

I called and canceled on 1/27/09 becouse they had taken 11.47 out of my acct. on 1/30/09 they took 29.95 out of my acct. I want my 29.95 back . I had already canceled with you.

• Ca
    Cathy Feb 09, 2009

charge my credit card w/o authorization for $1.00 and $29.295

• Ge
    geraldine forrest Feb 09, 2009

I understood about the 1.00 fee but I also cancelled before the trial time was up .

• Ra
    Racehll Feb 18, 2009

This is about smartsaving center.com. I purchased on movie nline in November and have had a a ton of unautorized charges in my checking accout. I have cancled 5 times, and I dont;p remeber joining anything. They now have been taking a $1.00 out of my account very couple of weeks. There number changes all the time so you can't call them. Please do't let these people get your personal infomation.
    They are robing me and many others.

Lastest number for smartsaving.com- [protected]

jawclu Mar 02, 2009

I ordered a book through hotbooks.com and started getting the $ 1.00 monthly charge. I never agreed to any type of membership and finally was able to get the SmartSavingsCenter.com to stop charging me. I had my credit card company reverse the charge two months in a row and finally got through (most of the attempts were to place me on hold in la-la land) and cancelled the membership. I guess I will have to wait and see if this actually happens. These crooks are in south Florida and I can only imagine how many people are being screwed in this deal.

• Gl
    Gladys S Dodson Mar 18, 2009

I have been charged about 6 times on my Visa credit card since Nov.. I have bought any thing after Christmas. I would like to know why I am still getting billed for things I have not gotten. I would like to be repaid for this matter.

• Ro
    Ronni Mayer Apr 07, 2010

Watch out, they are scam artists. Make sure you know what you are getting into before buying.

• Be
    Bernadette99 Apr 04, 2011

the company is charging an unauthorized monthly fee of 19.99 from my credit card for several months. There have been many complaints and report of frauds from this company.
    See one below: