Smart Buy Glassesitem not shipped, no refund

K

On February 11, 2010, I ordered Smith sunglasses and Oliver Peoples prescription glasses. On February 18th, I received an email informing me that the Smith glasses were not available and suggested that I choose another model from the list of "in stock" items on the Smart Buy Glasses website. I chose Persol sunglasses. I was sent a bill from SBG Optical Group to cover the increased cost of the Persol sunglasses. I paid the bill for $101 via Paypal.

I received an email issuing a refund for the original Smith sunglasses order on April 26, 2010, although I never received an email informing me that the order bad been cancelled. I've sent several emails to the customer service department asking for a refund for the extra I paid to substitute the Persol sunglasses for the Smith, but I've received absolutely no response. I attempted to file a complaint with Paypal, but Paypal only allows the consumer 45 days to file a complaint.

After waiting for months on end, I did receive the Oliver Peoples glasses on May 9, 2010. But, still no response from customer service regarding the refund for the Persol sunglasses.

I absolutely would not buy from this vendor again. There are several "Buyer Beware" complaints about this company on several websites. Please heed these warnings and consider other options when purchasing fashion eyewear.

Thank you.