Sleepys/ Kingsdowndefective &sleep to live& mattress

I purchased a Kingsdown "sleep to live" mattress in July 2011. I specifically asked the sales rep at the Haverford, PA store if "there were any major issues reported with the "sleep to live" mattress that I should know about, " since I had never heard of the brand before. His reply was that "this is one of our top brands and customer favorites." In order to get the bed warranty, I was required to purchase the "sleep to live" box springs in the amount of $765.32 along with the $2, 000 bed.

After sleeping on this bed for just a few months, my husband and I have developed serious back problems that have required medical attention. The sleep to live beds are defective. The sleep to live bed is one of the greatest scams to have hit the mattress industry. The bed looks impressive, thanks to its impressive height, but there is nothing inside the mattress to support or evenly distribute the weight of the human body. Try flipping it over--the opposite side looks and feels like lightweight cardboard. Precisely why there is a sticker on the opposite side that states this is not a sleep surface. Well, that sticker should be placed on both sides of the mattress. This mattress is not a sleep surface! It sags so much that there is virtually no support for our lower backs, it is impossible to sleep in an ergonomically correct position. Kingsdown refuses to disclose what exactly is in their mattress, and now I know why. It is not a coincidence that thousands of people had the same exact, peculiar and horrifying experience with their defective Kingsdown Sleep to Live mattress.

I have never in my life experienced a bed like this. Every night, my husband sleeps on the couch because the bed causes so much pain, and I have to leave my husband and my six-month old son to sleep at my parents' house. I actually have to leave my family at night so I can sleep on my 15-year old childhood bed--which, may I add, is still so comfortable because it was a great quality mattress purchased at Bloomingdales.

The sleep to live bed has caused us so much pain and it has torn our family apart at night. Any positive reviews of the "sleep to live" mattress were likely written by the manufacturer, impersonating itself as a buyer. The company only plans to refund me the price of the mattress if and only if the mattress fails their inspection. Here is the kicker: the inspector who comes out to check the bed does not actually examine what happens to the bed when a person is laying on it. How can someone examine the integrity of a bed if they do not examine what happens to the bed when an actual person is laying on it? Is it possible to determine cause of death without doing an autopsy? No. Is it possible to predict the integrity of a mattress without laying down on it? Of course not!

Shame on you Sleepys for taking advantage of us. Sleepys has a responsibility and obligation to refund me for the entire purchase including the box springs, regardless of inspection, since not only was I forced to buy the box springs in order to get the warranty but I am now in serious pain as a result of the defective bed. There is an army of people in the United States who have posted on the Web this same exact situation with their defective Kingsdown "sleep to live" mattress sold at Sleepys.

While I made a good-faith purchase, Sleepys knowingly sold me a Kingsdown product line that has been causing serious pain for its prior customers. Thanks to the Internet I will have no problem rallying up the people who were scammed by Sleepys and fighting for justice.

Sandy Brown Jan 09, 2012

I also have a Kingsdown Mattress that is sagging in the middle Purchased July 3 2010 paid 750.00 plus had to by a frame 100.00 Called Co. and because my sag is only 1 inch its really not there responsibility.
    This was the first time I purchased a (Good) mattress in 63 years I'm not happy with the co. or sleepys nobody can help me. I've been going to Physical therapy for my back don't know if its from the mattress but I'll warn my friends NOT to buy Kingsdown mattresses and stay away from sleepys.I live in Rio Grande N.J.
    Sandy Brown