SkyscannerWithholding refunds

P Jul 05, 2021

I purchased a ticket for my mother-in-law to fly with Air North here in Vancouver and quickly realized that I had booked the flight for the wrong day. Due to an inability to reach each other, my mother-in-law went and rebooked the ticket for the correct day but could not cancel the other one as it had been booked by me. Air North assured her that because she was rebooking the ticket, my original ticket would not be a problem to cancel and refund. She purchased her ticket and paid the new fare (nearly double the original) and that was that. The moment I spoke to my mother-in-law I began the process of cancelling the ticket.

Skyscanner at first appeared more than happy to help me out, however quickly changed their tone and insisted that the airline had a strict policy of not allowing cancellations. I spoke to Air North and they said that they would approve the full refund. Yet skyscanner continued to claim that it did not meet the airline's policy.

Once again I contacted the airline and they confirmed that this was approved by them. Yet once again, skyscanner continues to say that they cannot approve the refund because of the airline. Next I got the airline to email the specific skyscanner I had been dealing with to verify that the approval had been given and STILL that same agent was referencing the original generic policy of the airline.

Clearly there is a problem with the communication here and it quite obviously lies within skyscanner.

I advise everyone to book directly through the airline. This is a bit of a joke.

Just to make clear, Air North had excellent customer service and were as helpful as they could be. No complaints with them.