SkyscannerRefund for cancelled flight

RA Number [protected]
Skyscanner [protected]
Booking Number [protected]
Flight Melbourne Australia EY461 to Manchester EY21
Email address - The ticket was sent to our daughter 's email address Mica Weyman. [protected]@gmail.com

My husband and I paid for a flight for our daughter Mica Weyman to fly from Melbourne Australia to Manchester UK on the Skyscanner search engine. Our daughter was due to attend a small family gathering for her nan's 85th birthday. It was the first gathering we could arrange since covid restrictions.

The flight was with Etihad Airline, but due to covid issues the flight was cancelled twice the last 18th May 21. It was apparent after the second cancellation our daughter could not get back to the UK, so we had to seek a refund. I contacted Etihad. A full explanation was provided regarding the refund process & RA numbers etc, so we waited for Skyscanner to contact us. After 3 weeks (9th June) I contacted Skyscanner for an update.

Initially their response and explanation was fair, however since 9th June there has been over 30 email correspondence sent to Skyscanner. Unfortunately, their replies started to become very misleading and dishonest. This was contrary to Etihad 's customer service with whom I also liaised with for updates regarding the refund. They have been very thorough and have kept me up to date with the process and timescale.

On 21st June I contacted Etihad spoke to the operations manager, he confirmed the RA number has been provided to Skyscanner to issue the refund. I was also advised, I should not be waiting this length of time as Skyscanner are fully aware of the process to refund, they have a sales support policy for flight cancellations that they need to follow. I was advised the refund should have been processed by now.
I was advised to email Skyscanner once again to advise them of our conversation.

Following this advice, I emailed Skyscanner - I received the usual cut and paste email reply " sorry for the inconvenience caused we will follow up with the airline. "

I contacted Skyscanner again today after speaking to Etihad -I received the same cut and paste response. The dishonesty is disgraceful.

RA Number [protected]
Skyscanner [protected]
Booking Number [protected]
Flight Melbourne Australia EY 461 to Manchester EY21
Email address the ticket was sent to our daughter Mica Weyman. [protected]@gmail.com