Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Carfraudulent damage claim.

A Review updated:

Hello,

I rented a car from Frankfurt Airport. I picked the car up on June 24 and dropped the car off on July 6. My reservation number is [protected]. When picking up the car, the agent asked me if I wanted to purchase insurance . I declined.

When I returned the car, the attendee examined the car thoroughly. There was no damage. The attendee even wiped some dirt off the front bumper of the car to see if it was a scratch or simple dirt. It was dirt. The attendee said the car was find and that we were free to go.

On July 9, after I am back in the United States, I receive an email claiming damage to the car in 3 different locations. The Damage number is [protected]. SIXT wants my auto insurance to pay for these damages. The damage to the car did not happen when the car was in my care. I am very concerned that there has been some deception. I have no way to address this matter as I am back home. I do have 3 witness that were with me in the car for the first week, and can vouch that the car was in no incidences. The second week, it was just me and my partner, Ted Widmayer. He can vouch that there were no incidences. He was also there when I returned the car, and the attendee carefully looked the car over. I can get written testimony from all 3 witnesses if necessary.

This is very concerning .I suspect something is not on the up and up here.

Please suggest how I can best take action on this matter.

Sam J H Feb 24, 2020

I returned the rental car to Sixt Frankfurt airport, the attendant who took the car from me said "perfect" when I asked if it was ok after he inspected it but had me sign his digital note pad and said I would receive my receipt by email. I don't read German but it now appears they want me to settle some damage I apparently signed for which I was not shown when I returned the car. FRAUD!
    My employer will certainly send an inspector for any damage which will reveal their tricks.
    Never rent from this place again!

• Pr
    Prashant Pinto Jul 27, 2018

Exact same story..they even charged the amount on our credit card.

• Al
    Alex_Rubby Jul 10, 2018

Same story. Place is a fraud.