Menu
Simple Mobile
reviews & complaints

Simple Mobile
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

35 complaints
7 resolved 28 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Simple Mobile. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
11:47 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

At first it wasn't too bad. The main problem was after my 4GB ran out, they didn't just slow me down, they weakened their signal to me. I couldn't even think about watching a 3 minute YouTube video without having to wait on it to buffer. After the data ran out, there wasn't any 30 second videos. It was so slow all it did was time out. So I got used to that...

8:10 pm EDT

Simple Mobile - Service plan is a ripoff

Simple Mobile is a ripp-off if you are smart person you would not get serviceactivate your cellphone with simple mobile .. My first time dealing with the service I got the $55 plan for 10gigabytes of fast high speed (4g LTE) data for 1 month, , and i was only at 6gigabytes they shut-off my high-speed data.. The second-time around with simplemobile, , i got the the unlimited-data-no limit 4g LTE for $60, , , and 5days later my service shutdown again, , , Called customer service and they say i was using too much data even though that is what i paid for.. This happend Sept. 2015... Simplemobile will say it is nothing they can do for you, , except wait for next month pay $60 again, , And simplemobile will restore your service... I was only 5 days into the service out of a month (means wait 25 days pay them again for them to do the samething) This company are Liars, , they will take you money shutdown your service before it ends and until you pay them again...the worst cellphone service i ever dealt with...

R
3:25 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Simple Mobile bad!!. Bought a wrong $60 mobile broad band pin redeem to my cellphone plan (surprising it still go thru, even the wrong pin). Call the customer service, they said that they can not convert it to the $60 talk, text, internet plan. They force me to buy another $60 pin and pocket the other $60 without giving refund or exchange. Be careful with this company. What the rip off!!

T
2:51 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I paid my bill and 30 minutes later my data and messaging stopped working. I called customer service and after 10 minutes, they hung up. I called back and was on the phone with them wasting my time for over 1 hour and they still did not fix my service. They will waste your time before they allow you to speak with a manager. Their call center is in India and...

S
9:28 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have signed for simple mobile in july 2013, it was after July 20th. I used to pay myself at the store then I signed up for auto bill payment. Since then the date of the last service is changing by a day each month. i have tried to call and discuss with their customer service. They put you on hold for more than 30 min then it either hangs up itself or...

View 0 more photos
S
9:02 pm EDT

Simple Mobile - Internet Isssue

My internet didn't work after paid bill, asked for credit or refund, was refused on both. Spent all day arguing with this company to no avail. Called again requesting a refund or credit was again refused. Spoke to every possible manager available, again was refused a credit or refund, somehow the last "manager" available request to have me talk to a personnel in the corporate office, thinking this could somehow resolve my issue, I was sadly disappointed. This ghetto female name Kim answered the phone as if I was one her long lost baby daddy, that she couldn't stand...gave this nasty, undeserved attitude the minute she got on the phone. Honestly the "attitude" she gave was ridiculous and was not called for especially since she calls herself "representing" the company. After I explained a few things and ho she need conduct herself "professionally" she left me with "I guess there is nothing else to talk about...I thought what..in the world was that. I am not her best friend nor anyone that she kick it with for her to address me in such a manner. These people are a riot! These people have "terrible" customer service skills, everyone sounded like they were from "third world country" seriously can we please have American customer service reps, serving American people! Whatever you do, please do not buy service from Simple Mobile, honestly you will be paying for "Simple Customer Service" what ever happen to customers are always right! I guess that died when companied started outsourcing to "these third world countries" Just saying!

1 comment
R
Aug 06, 2013 6:31 pm EDT

is the service ok?

10:43 am EST

Simple Mobile - FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!!!

Simple Mobiile is a complete "Scam". I payed $50 for "unlimited" talk, text, and data but after about 2 weeks of service I received a Warning message via text stating that my services where endanger of being suspended due to excessive data usage. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but "unlimited" is defined as "without a limit" right? So why is there a "limit" on how much data I use on a plan that is suppose to be "unlimited". If I would've known that I would have kept my old carrier because the plan I had with them was a lot better and I wasn't being extorted. These people are criminals, beating people out of their money by false advertising and providing half ### customer service.

V
3:45 pm EDT

Simple Mobile - FALSE ADVERTISEMENT

When I switched over to this service through a vendoe of yours, I was told that my talk, text and web will be unlimited for $40 a month. Your website also advertises the very same thing! Within 10 - 12 days of signing up with your sevice, my internet service stopped working. I tried calling your customer service (611) more than once everyday fromthe day the internet stopped, only for auto system to tell me I have to hold for 30 minutes to 60 minutes at a time. Now for a working person, that was impossible. Today (3/20/2012) I decided to actually hold for over 30 minutes, only to be told by a so-called supervisor by the name of Reggie that i had reached some limitation, which was neverr verbally disclosed or visibly displayed on your website.

YOUR COMPANY IS NOTHING BUT A FRAUDULENT COMPANY, WHO GO ABOUT WITH FALSE ADVERTISEMENT AND MISREPRESENTATION. TO GO AROUND RIPPING PEOPLE OFF AND LYING TO CUSTOMERS IS UNACCEPTABLE. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOUR COMPANY AND THE MORTGAGE COMPANIES AND FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS THAT HID DISCLOSURES FROM CUSTOMERS JUST TO GET THEIR BUSINESS, ONLY TO PUT THE HOMEOWNERS IN A WORSE POSITION? YOU FIGURED YOU HIDE UNDER A SMALLER COMPANY AND CARRY OUT FRAUDULENT TRANSACTIONS WITH UNSUSPECTING CUTOMERS. YOUR COMPANY IS NO DIFFERENT FROM THE FRAUD SCHEMES GOING ON IN THE BANKING OR INVESTMENT INDUSTRIES .

1:01 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My family panicked this afternoon (10/4/2011) when we cannot contact our step daughter's phone because Simple Mobile suspended here service without any particular reason. We were really worried what could have had happened to her. I called up Simple mobile's customer support, 1.877.878.7908, twice and was said it was suspended because of misuse pursuant to...

View 0 more photos
P
8:40 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

$360 in unauthorized charges from this Company. I had never heard of them until they suddenly showed up on my statement. I called the telephone number listed on the statement only to be greated by an endless maze of automated selections which all lead ultimately to a disconnection. My bank is now handling the dispute.

W
7:38 pm EDT

Simple Mobile - REFUSE TO PUT MY CELL ON

Hey guys,

Simple Mobile is not a good cell phone carrier.

I paid my bill 3/24. The money is out of my account. I got an error message when I was to get my pin to reactivate my phone the screen went white but the $ is out of my account! My bank statements are in black and white and are printable) I called that day and was told to wait for two hours and that a supervisor would retreive my info and put it on; did not happen.

I walked to a store yesterday (because I had no phone) and I asked to speak to a supervisor who had me on hold for an hour and a half! I hung up. (no one is making records of my calls) when I called yesterday night. I was told that someone would look into it. No one did.

I emailed them and asked for a resolution; no response; I logged into my simple mobile account for pin retrieval and of course, the payment is not showing... I had an issue last month as well.

SIMPLE MOBILE IS THE WORST COMPANY IN THE WORLD!

12:45 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I initiated my port from Verizon Landline to Simple Mobile on Dec. 31s, 2010. Today is already Jan. 30th, 2011 and my incoming call is still not working. I was first told that the port time frame can take between 7-14 business day to complete so I've waited until 1/14/10 to call them. They've been unprofessional and extremely unhelpful. They tried to blame...

A
12:52 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am so upset with My Simple Mobile customer service, because they wouldn't me pay my bill right cause they basically had set up where I had to add International Calling, so my phone bill was not able to get paid, secondly they literally had me on hold for 27 minutes, then once someone decided to pick up I heard laughing in the background as if they were...

G
1:20 pm EDT

Simple Mobile - False advertising

I wanted to warn everyone so it doesn't happen to them. I switched to Simple Mobile $60 unlimited talk, text, data plan which boasts unlimited everything for only $60 a month. After having the service for only 3 days, I received a text that said I had exceeded my data usage allowed and was banned from using internet. An iphone without data is just completely useless. The only thing I can think of is that I, like many people now, use the Pandora app to listen to music.

When I called the company they stated that their unlimited is really only 1gb of data but I can buy a 100mb for $10 extra.

This reminds me of Pageplus Prepaid where they advertise unlimited calls for $45 a month but if you use it too much, they shut off your phone.

How can they advertise UNLIMITED data when it really means ONLY 1gb of data. Thats really not that much for a Blackberry, iPhone or any smartphone.

1 comment
P
Aug 19, 2010 8:54 pm EDT

Unfreaking real. It took me one hour yes one hour to get through to customer serv. to port my phones over from my old carrier I got nervous worrying if I was making the right decision. Then I get this inexperienced customer serv. rep on the line who assured me I could reup online. what does that have to do with porting.? Nothing. I have six phones I was getting ready to port over I couldn't let myself do it I was worried It would be nothing but problems if I had a complaint. Then I hear the horror story that some people are without phones for six days or more when they port. Sorry but if the service is anything like the customer service this company is not for me.

U