Menu
Shriners Hospitals for Children
reviews & complaints

Shriners Hospitals for Children
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

8 complaints
0 resolved 8 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Shriners Hospitals for Children. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
M
5:29 pm EDT

Shriners Hospitals for Children - Why should I donate to a grown man that's going to college and living on his own and driving

Take alex and caleb off of the comercials surely there are other children that can do these commerical alex and caleb are entirely to old tired of looking at them on tv you all can do better

This commerical of alex and caleb are shown too too many times becomes sicken what about other customers looking at tv seeing the same two adults

Over and over please change and put on different children update your commercial for 2022 not this old stuff

M harley

1 comment
C
Jul 27, 2022 10:30 pm EDT

Hi I'm Casper Smith from Tacoma washington. Will you do me a big favor.? All these commercials about Shriners Hospital and helping children and whoever. Can you please make sure you find your own channel and keep all of your commercials on one channel so it's not interrupting me it is an inconvenience I'm tired of looking at these commercials because these motherfuckers are just another scam that I could see so get your own channel and quit using my other channels to promote your Shriners Hospital because I don't want to deal with those motherfuckers let alone look at them or hear their voices they piss me off so get your own channel get off my [censored]ing TV station [censored] you're [censored]ing stupid I hate you

H
9:25 pm EST

Shriners Hospitals for Children - Stop exploiting these kids! Guess they can't get their parents to go on air!?!

Like most who have already posted here, their commercials are annoying as F*! I have to change the channel or hit mute everytime they come on and they come on ALOT!

The one kid who sounds like a GD chipmunk needs to go find a new gig. Alec needs to move on and focus on his schooling and put all those donations to good use by being a productive tax paying citizen. Holding up a bear blanket at his age pretending to act like he's a young juvenile is just sickening.

Inhouse commercials or not, I find it interesting that they evidently can't get their parents to advocate for the hospital. The absence of this speaks volumes for me.

If they have so much $ to spend on commercials, maybe they should fire their marketing staff/ agency and start over. Hell, they might do better having these deformed kiddos standing at the street corners with a cardboard sign.

Desired outcome: STOP THE COMMERCIALS!!!!

2 comments
K
Apr 02, 2022 7:01 pm EDT

This has to be the most obnoxious tv ad on the air. I mute it, everytime it comes on, which is way too much. I agree. Save the tv ad money and "donate" that to these kids. Alex and Caleb are so annoying with their competition on who has had the most surgeries. I wat to gag.

A
Jul 20, 2022 8:51 pm EDT
Replying to comment of kamala777

Yeah for sure. Why dont these kids parents look after their kids? Instead of having sex having kids then making the rest of us pay? Dead beat parents.w.t.f. stupid people very uneducated. Pan handlers.com. LMAO.

S
5:44 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am going to be blunt. please stop using Alec, the former child now an adult in your commercials.I know I'm not alone in being disturbed by seeing this grown man doing creepy commercials with Caleb, it's weird and for me the only reason I refuse to donate. It's time to find other younger sick kids to exploit, he is in college and apparently has a million...

E
8:05 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I along with many, many others online are sick of seeing Alec and his adohable blanket, plus besides his baby talk he's an adult and many people find him creepy, especially when you show the fake video call with Caleb, and his high pitched voice and silky coached acting including the salutes turn some away, I will never donate a penny until you change these...

B
8:36 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

hi there my daughter has a broken humerus since February 2018, we tried the elastic rodding in 2018 and didn't work for her the rods came out her elbow, since then we tried a cast didn't work tried a brace that she still wears and still no correction, now been calling Shrinners to get another operation done, but never able to get a date. we are on the...

J
1:21 pm EDT

Shriners Hospitals for Children - commercials with children from shriners hospital

It shocks me how many complaints there are against the commercials the children appear in. I think the idea of exploitation is a bit much; I am surprised at how small minded these comments sound. These children, all the children who are helped have the right to be seen and to speak for themselves and other kids we don't see. We MUST SEE the bodies of children who did nothing more than being born with something missing. Those commercials show children in action, living life like a normal child. We must also be shown the possibilities of what science and technology can do "for the least if these." My final comment is to those who see negativity in these short stories... Get a Grip. Get over YOURSELF. In this case... It's not about You...

3 comments
E
Nov 20, 2021 8:11 pm EST

I think your missing most of our points, it's not that we aren't happy to see sick kids being helped it's the use of explotaion of a now adult in Alec who still talks about adohable blankets, it's very creepy to see him video chat with the high pitched voice of young Caleb, who is obviously been heavily coached and does those weird gestures like saluting and waving like a [censored], they strip them of diginity, and it turns off possibly tens of thousands of possible new donors like me, instead I decided to donate to ASPCA because they aren't exploiting kids

L
Oct 21, 2021 12:57 pm EDT

Are the children paid equitable market salaries with royalties and residuals for all the commercials they're in plus the divulging their personal health information? Or are their earnings subtracted from their medical and health are costs. Also are their parents provided with stipends or payments of some sort?

B
Apr 25, 2021 3:08 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Agreed. Yes, it might be depressing to some but the kids should be asked how they feel about it. Alex and Kaleb seem happy and proud of their role. They are useful. They are giving back to a place and people who have helped them. Where They are not made to feel ashamed of their disability. Did it not occur to you those kids might be proud of their accomplishments and progress? They have something to offer. It's doubtful they feel exploited.

N
9:20 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

@wine is good I get where you are coming from @wine is good and I don't believe that there are any decent individuals amongst those who have shared the same sense of animosity towards this commerical who wouldn't agree on the necessity of the funding and awareness when it comes to medical and non-medical programs that provide assistance to children, and...

S
3:02 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The company has been bombarding CNN with commercials featuring sick and deformed children who are reading lines that were clearly written for adult actors. The kids, who have speech impediments, are sick or are missing limbs, have obviously been coached to work as sales people.

Shriners Hospitals for Children contacts