Sheetzfrozen coffee drink

S

So I have been a Wawa loyal customer but since our recent move, Sheetz is now the closest convenience store. So, today I decided to give them a shot at making my favorite guilty pleasure, a frozen coffee drink. I mean, how different can they be? After all, it is just coffee, ice and some sweetening flavor right? WRONG!!! It was the most disgusting drink I've ever had, by far! I guess the first clue would have been when the girl making it said to the other girl "eww, espresso and water? That just sounds horrible." And she was right... it did, but with all the added flavors creaminess whipped topping that comes along with it it can't be too bad right? Wrong! Turns out she was right. As I watched her make it, she took the watered down expresso in the blender and added a big scoop of some sort of powdered base substance. Yum right? After she blended the powder with the water espresso and ice, she poured it into a what I consider to be small cup for almost $5.50. Oh and there was no whipped cream or any cream for that matter. All I could taste was whatever the terrible powdered substance was that had been mixed in. It reminded me of an awful protein powder. It pretty much tasted like it called for a teaspoon of powder and a cup of the powder was used instead. I can't imagine that much of the overpowering, disgusting powder mix flavor would have been intentionally put into that drink. After a few sips I decided there was no way I could drink it as is and I'd wait until I got home to doctor it up a little. Well, even after mixing it with a cup of Starbucks iced espresso drink, some heavy cream, and a generous topping of whipped cream and caramel drizzle, still all I could taste was the overpowering powder like taste. I ended up throwing the whole thing out along with the nearly $5.50 it cost me. What a waste and disappointment. It'll be worth it for me to drive almost 10 miles away to my closest Wawa to get to satisfy my craving for a delicious frozen coffee beverage. Sheetz, you really missed the mark on that drink and what an expensive disappointment it was. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that it took over 10 minutes of waiting to get the repulsive concoction as well, with at least 5 people working in the MTO area and only myself and 1 other customer waiting on orders. Needless to say, I won't be returning in the future and the new rewards card I just picked up went right into the trash along with the disgusting drink that you call a frozen coffee beverage.