ServPronever stopping nightmare

After a small fire in my 700 sq ft duplex unit, somebody recommended Servpro . My insurance policy limits were $20, 000 -which of course, they knew. four months later I finally got a new place, moved in and figured I was done with Servpro. Nope. Three months after my move they produced my bill for cleaning, packing, storage for 4 months : over $15, 000.00...twice as much as my total lost items. My insurance company was obviously not paying attention. My insurance company will not cover the total bill. Guess who they are going to come after? Do NOT sign the agreement that you will pay anything you insurance does not pay. Do not trust Servpro to work with your insurance company on your behslf.They are not honest and it is quite the racket they have going. Good luck and hold on to your pocketbook.

• Br
    Brenda Kidd Dec 04, 2012

resolved.

• Br
    Brenda Kidd Dec 02, 2012

Troy Bowman Servpro of Southwest Mobile damaged my furniture, floors and broke my entertainment center, while insured and stored on Servpro property and while moving my entertainment center out of my home.

I had a house fire. Troy Bowman Servpro of Southwest Mobile, movers came into my home and packed up my things. During the moving of my heavy furniture two of servpro employee’s broke my entertainment center. Without asking me, can my entertainment center be repaired by servpro, one of the ladies told me, my entertainment center will be repaired by servpro. She wrote a written statement that stated, entertainment center was damaged during move out, to be repaired by servpro and she initialed.

On Thursday, September 20, 2012 Servpro movers brought my furniture back into my home.
    My bed newish look before they removed it out of my home was gone. My bed/headboard had no shine on it. The headboard had a whitish, cloudy, foggy substance all over it.
    My bed was cracked in several different places.

The front side edges, on the left side and the right side of the headboard, had been sanded down/stripped down to the bare wood.
    The same damaged that was done to the edges on the front sides of the headboard was done to the edges on the back sides of the headboard.

The same damaged that was done to the edges on the front sides and back sides of the headboard had been done to the footboard front sides and back sides, edges, too.
    The bed four long tall posts and the four square shape legs also had been sanded down/stripped down to the bare wood.

There are areas all over on my bed steps and highboy that are sanded down/stripped down to the bare wood.

My wing back chair, arms and legs had been sanded down/stripped down to the bare wood and the material on the right side of it is coming apart, torn.
    Around the edges of my picture had been sand down/stripped down and coming apart. Two more of my pictures have drips from a liquid cloudy, foggy substance on them.

As for the entertainment center that the movers broke, they brought it back into my home broke.

Scars are all over my entire bed, highboy, bed steps, wing back chair, pictures and my entertainment center.

My three bedroom, laminated floors, Servpro movers mopped are stripped and pucker up. It took days for the floors to dry. My floors are dull, cloudy and foggy. Seeable shoe prints are all over my wooden laminate stripped dull looking, floors.

I have contacted Troy Bowman the owner of Servpro of Southwest Mobile.
    I have contacted Stephen Clark.
    I have contacted the corporate office over and over again and talked to Darlene Bearden, Cathy Campbell and Kim in the Corporate Headquarters office.
    Darlene has left messages for Monica Spencer from me.
    I have spoken to Monica Spencer.
    I have spoken to Steve Guice the mediator.
    I have tried to talk to Susan Isaacson Steen, Randall Isaacson, Richard Isaacson, but was unsuccessful.
    I have spoken to David Drago, who Troy Bowman sent out to my home to estimate the cost of my damages, which Servpro is at fault.
    I have not spoken to the repair man that was supposed to have repaired my entertainment center, which according to mediator, Steve Guice, Troy Bowman said that he was not his repair man.
    I have talked to Jack Glidewell, assistant Erica, who told me that Jack Glidewell no longer owns Servpro of Southwest Mobile with Troy Bowman.
    I have talked to Marlena and several people in Servpro office in Birmingham and those people have emailed Steve Guice and left messages for him to call me concerning my furniture, floors and broke entertainment center that Servpro of Southwest Mobile damaged.
    I have tried to talk to Ted and Doris Isaacson the Co founders of Servpro, I was told that they no longer work at the Corporate Office.
    This needed to be resolved now.

• Cf
    CFL HDK Jun 25, 2010

Although your fire may have been small, the soot and smoke particals spread like wildfire. If you hold a blacklight to items in the furthest room from the source of the fire, you will find particles which are not only a skin irritant but respiratory irritant and a carcinogenic one at that. I'm an IICRC certified fire/smoke restoration technician. Unfortunately to have fire/smoke damage cleaned and restored PROPERLY it is very expensive. What insured's often don't understand is that the smoke particles actually become acidic and start to cause further damage very quickly. Metals are one of the first things to erode. There is a lot of work that goes into cleaning, even a 700 sqft duplex. Micro cleaning is the term and that means they use the proper products per item they clean and go in and get every nook and cranny, including pages of books, carpets, ducts, a/c units. the air scrubbers required for proper restoration have charcoal filters that alone cost $200 each for the restoration company. I'm sorry for your loss and i understand your frustration, but understand that fire/smoke cleanup is not a big profit for restoration companies. They have to put a lot of expense into it as well and an attempt to make any kind of profit, especially on an insurance loss is nearly impossible.