Serta Vera Wang MattressWont honor warranty

S

I purchased a Serta Vera Wang Mattress one year ago from Gardner White and with that purchase I was given a 15 year warranty. Within the year the mattress has a big sag in the middle and is very hard to sleep on it. I was at the store the other day talking to the sales man about a bed for my in-laws and mentioned my problem to him. An appointment was made and the tech came out to my house. When he got there he ripped my comforter and sheet of the bed and threw it on the floor. He preceeded to take pictures and asked where my mattress cover was and I said in the wash. The tech said because there was two small stains the size of a quarter on the mattress they would not probably honor my warranty but would have a manager call me. Two days later I hadnt received a call so I called them well the call started out nice and proceeded to get worse with the managers having a major attitude. This is not the last they heard of me because I will be speaking to the highest person in charge and all I want is a mattress that compares to the one I have which I have been sleeping on the couch due to the defect of this bed.

• Your situation is common. When a mattress is stained, many of the warranties out there will consider it null an void. For the future, you should always clean your mattress before initiating any kind of warranty service. What works, is some common household cleaner like water and a few drops of dish washing liquid, and a "shop vac" (one of those garage style vacuum cleaners that are designed to suck up wet materials...) Wet the area and clean away the stain with the "shop vac". Often, just using plain warm water will work. Pick up as much of the moisture as possible so you don't create a bigger stain.

If you need further assistance, you should speak to an attorney. He can write a pretty good letter for you that goes to the "Legal Department" instead of the "Customer NO Service" department...