Menu
Sentry Management
reviews & complaints

Sentry Management
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

14 complaints
5 resolved 9 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Sentry Management. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
L
12:35 pm EDT

Sentry Management - Sentry Magement is collecting my monthly dues but crediting the wrong account.

I have my yearly and monthly HOA dues automatically taken out of my checking account and paid directly to your accounts. However, every time you change your accounts the monthly and annuals dues get combined and credited to the annual dues account. Therefore, It now shows that I am overpaid on my annual fees and owe 900.00 on my monthly dues. Then states, if not paid you will sue me and put a lien against my townhome. Well maybe someone should sue you because when you change payment companies the payments get messed up.

This is the second time this has happen to me.

About a week ago, I wrote an email to Dee Dee at St Petersburg office, and asked her how do I take care of the issue, she said no problem she would take care of it but never did. I made three calls to all the different companies click pay, sentry, Dee Dee and it did not get fixed. Dee Dee is now saying she would have Bau take care of it.

Desired outcome: I need the monthly dues I paid credited to my monthly dues account showing the account is up.

C
3:50 pm EST

Sentry Management - Selective Enforcement

My family moved into a neighborhood in October 2019 where Sentry Management was hired by the HOA. After living here for over 2 years, we noticed that violations were being sent out to specific neighbors for specific rules. They pick and choose what rules they want to enforce. We happen to be be renters and have felt the discrimination from Sentry. Because they pick and choose what rules they want to enforce, we didn't realize that my husband's work trailer would be an issue, as there are several in the neighborhood.

I contacted Sentry for a copy of the covenants. My first two voicemails went ignored. I located a copy of the covenants and upon reviewing found multiple rules that they are NOT enforcing and haven't been since we moved in in 2019. For example, trash cans are not suppose to be kept outside and can't be visible from the street. There are 551 homes in this subdivision and there are 302 with trash cans out and visible. Yet, they are not choosing to enforce that covenant. I have over 400 pictures documenting this as well as other rules they are choosing not to enforce. When I pointed this out to Sentry, I was told that they couldn't discuss neighbors violations with me. When I asked them why they were singling out certain neighbors and forcing them to go by the rules and not everyone, I was met with rudeness and an unprofessional attitude! I have never dealt with such a disrespectful company. They practice blatant Selective Enforcement and hide behind their lies and disrespect.

B
6:13 pm EDT

Sentry Management - Unethical behavior - not fulling terms of our signed contract

Hired Sentry to manage our community in 2016 but in April 2021 the work they performed for our community was sub-par and we notified them we were not renewing our contract when it expired in September.
Our contract is for full management services but they stopped performing the compliance duties specified in our contract in June but continue to charge us a full service monthly fee.

Oakfield H.O.A

Desired outcome: want others to beware of this company

S
3:48 pm EDT

Sentry Management - Unclear letters and backdated invoices.

Owner ID is 0077SC. I recently received my most recent bill on 3/14/2021 with a due date of 2/1/2021, and it says if it's not paid by 2/1/202 a late fee will be applied...I know USPS is slow, but Sentry is clearly just backdating bills when it's convenient for them. I also receive voting ballots from them After elections take place, and their letters/bills are riddled with spelling errors. Most recently I received two identical violation letters on the same day both stating "Lamp post fixture is incorrect in size, please replace with the correct size" I have lived here three years and have never touched the light fixture, so I have no idea what they are even talking about. I have requested someone from the HOA or Board reach out to me multiple times over the past 2 years at least, and have never received a phone call. I am honestly embarrassed to be a part of this HOA. You would think a company as large as Sentry would try and change negative stereotypes that come with HOA's, however they truly live up to them, and appear to be among the worst in the country. I need to know how many violations I have 2 or 3 (as two letters appear to be the same), and how do I go about fixing them, especially if I do not genuinely see anything wrong with the light fixture in reference. I would essentially be replacing the light fixture with same light fixture, which apparently is in violation.

Desired outcome: Contact me, and explain multiple letters that appear to be the same, and what the process is to get the issue resolved.

View 0 more photos
G
2:18 pm EST

Sentry Management - Services

This company is horrible. Riverview HOA in Sanford Florida has gone way down hill since sentry took over. Irrigation rarely is turned on around units. But front entrance works fine. Many areas not being maintained.

Desired outcome: Fire Sentry Management

View 0 more photos
L
3:42 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I'd seriously struggle to think of a more unprofessional group of people to deal with. The foundation has literally crumbled in areas under my condo unit. Charles Koch stopped responding a month ago, and Cal McShan never bothered responding at all. I tried emailing the president of the company as well as [protected]@Sentrymgt.… as a last ditch effort...

D
7:03 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am trying to buy a property, and Sentry is the Mgmt Co for the HOA. Fannie Mae requires that a form be filled out by them, and they are refusing to sign it, therefore I my loan is at a dead standstill! Worse yet, the seller is about to lose it in foreclosure, but they do not care. We are talking about TWO QUESTIONS they won't bother to answer. They keep...

M
7:21 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Sentry is our condo Property Management firm. The local property manager for them makes bad decisions and doesn't enforce rules and regulations, despite having them pointed out to her, citing the rule number. I made 2 phone calls, then sent 2 emails to her over approximately a 1-month time frame regardingthe same 4 issues/violations in each communication...

5:04 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

But I failed to say - has anyone experience with providers brought in by Sentry Management to institute a "professional" RESERVE fund which will result in a more than $5000.00 per unit assessment just to get the operators to "manage" the repairs. It just looks like a way to "steal" what we already have saved toward repairs Plus that extra assessment. I...

8:56 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

HELP! Need you ideas ASAP!!! My HOA just hired Sentry Managment, by absorbing our already crooked management company. NOW they want to install a "RESERVE Program". This will cost each of us over $5, 000., additional in fees in one year, plus other increases. Supposedly this Reserve plan will tell us what needs to be done, and when, and arrange it - and it...

6:51 pm EDT

Sentry Management - hoa support

I want to take a few moments to let everyone know how pleased our HOA Board is with the partnership we have established with Sentry Management and particularly the service and professionalism shown by our Community Manager Nora. With Nora’s help, our association here in Savannah has been able to complete three major projects—more in only 7 months than were accomplished in the previous three years by our former community management firm.

3 comments
Aug 22, 2010 4:00 pm EDT

The high level of foreclosures and homeowners not paying their dues has rought havoc on our community association here in Central Florida. Without the wise council of Sentry Management and a real business-like way of following up on collections, I don't know how we would have survived. Thanks for being a real partner with us.

Ann
Florida

P
Aug 22, 2010 3:19 pm EDT

The superior customer service of Sentry Management is greatly appreciated. Our association will remain loyal customers as long as I am on our association's board. Our community manager has shown great patience and adaptability with our board which requires no small level of good judgment. Thanks for the excellent job your HOA management firm continues to do for us.

Phil
Florida

Aug 20, 2010 1:05 pm EDT

Sentry is a truly great organization!

6:47 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We have had a lot of thorny “issues” in our hoa in kissimmee. The high proportion of foreclosed properties has played havoc on our operating budget and frayed the nerves of a lot of our neighbors. In spite of that, sentry management—and particularly our community manager jerry—have plugged along with the everyday business of operating our community. Without...

Read full review of Sentry Management

Sentry Management - fine job sentry!

I must commend Sentry Management on the fine job they are doing with our association here in Orlando. I appreciate how responsive they are, the time and care spent by the community manager and the extent they try to respectfully resolve homeowner issues.

Much of the ire I see on complaint boards is against the existence of homeowner associations and the restrictions placed on properties by developers. I’ve always felt it unfair to blame how the system works on a subcontractor to the community board of directors. The rules were made by the community builder and the board governs. Sentry and companies like they are just carrying out instructions given to them.

Give Sentry Management its due, among HOA and Condominium management firms; they are one of the best!

3 comments
D
Apr 30, 2021 5:25 pm EDT

They may be good with your place but with the places I know in Orlando they are the worse!

S
Dec 30, 2011 10:21 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Absolutely agree with the above comment. SENTRY MANAGEMENT INC is horrible!

R
Jun 29, 2011 6:59 pm EDT

Be aware of sentry management, this is the worst HOA ever, this company will go down if they dont start traeting home owners like they should be treated, they are blood sucking company

Be aware,
from a resident that is under this dictator company

P
8:39 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I remember when my association quarterly was about $200.00, now its about $383.00 and keeps on rising!!!. its crazy, now the company its saying they are going bankrupt, and each homeowner must pay 200.00 extra with the the homeowners bill for them to continue doing nothing. They don't take care of grass, no pavement repair, plus we need to pay for the...

Sentry Management contacts