Sell My Timeshare NowBuyer, seller beware!

In may 2006 i listed my time share for sale with "sell my timeshare now". I shopped three companies before deciding, but went with this company because of the service and advice i received during my inquiries.

They did a market analysis on my time share and told me that based on recent sales of the same or equivalent properties i should list my unit for $5, 500 i was told that this was the average sale price and it should sell quickly if i don't increase that price. I agreed to their recommendation and paid the $497 fee and listed it for $5, 500.

I received no inquiries or correspondence, so in august 2006 i contacted them again. I expressed my concern and desire to sell the time share quickly. They told me that the unit was priced fairly but if i reduced it, they would sell it quickly. I agreed to reduced the listing to $3, 500.

They insisted i would get immediate action. It is now december and i have still never received and inquiry of any kind for my unit.

This company is misrepresenting itself to customers. They talk a great game but deliver nothing. They impress you with market studies but they give you nothing in writing. All they want is your $497. 00 then they are done. They tell you what you want to hear to extort the $497 from you and then good luck.

This company is a "scam", they claim to be biggest and they deliver nothing.
Buyer, seller beware !!!

MalGil Feb 11, 2019

I listed my timeshare (3 weeks) with SMTN. The sales pitch was so convincing with all these promises of numerous offers, & thousands of people seeing the adds they would be posting. It has been nearly 2 years & nothing... I would like to cancel this sales contract, but do not know if that is possible. What a scam.

• Ol
    Oldandhurt Feb 22, 2018

Sell my timeshare now is not what they seem. They tell you they are a marketing company. They put an ad on a web site that only people desperate to sell their timeshares go to. We fell for it. We are an older couple and feel we were scammed. They charged us over $3000 to put our timeshares on a website that is really not a marketing tool. The representative called us and told us actual prices what our timeshares would sell for. We were excited when he gave us numbers to use in the ad. It was a dream that we could recoup anything. He said "Let me give you prices that these timeshares are currently selling for...". There is no way you can contact them. I have tried to cancel these last three months. One of their representatives called us yesterday and they are not willing to work with you. My husband and I just sat last night and cried. We thought people were honest and not going to take advantage of elderly by their smooth tactics. We were fools. $3000 out of our budget really took a toll on us. Their phone call was harassing and insulting.

• Od
    OdysseustheGreek Feb 05, 2017

The reality is that most timeshares listed on SellMyTimeshareNow are worth only a fraction of the listed asking price (if you actually want to sell it). For me it isn't even the upfront fee that is the worst part of their business model, it is the fact that they aren't honest with people about what their timeshare is actually worth. Many timeshares they have listed might only sell for $1. They do have some good weeks at some resorts listed, but for $20K or $30K or even more. Those weeks might actually sell (or at least get offers) between $5K - $12K, but they will never sell at $20K or $30K or $40K. Maybe the owners are partially at fault here too, because most of them are trying to get back out the price they originally paid a developer for their timeshare and can't handle the fact that money is lost and gone forever.

• Te
    Terrance Hill Oct 05, 2016

First, never pay an upfront fee to sell a timeshare. No legitimate company does this. I called these guys to sell my timeshare and they told me for $1499 they would do all the paperwork and that my timeshare would sell quickly. Everytime I asked the question of how much my timeshare is worth and what have timeshares similar to mind sold for and this guy would keep giving me the run around. I told him I would think about it and left it there. I received about 8 phone calls trying to convince me to sign with them. That was my final clue to know if I signed with them I would get robbed. I did my research and I know how to buy timeshares for cheap (under $2000) for prime weeks. I learned also how to rent for a profit. And now I am sell my first timeshare on my own and selling it for $1200 for what I paid. Suggestion, research, have patience, don't get greedy, and never pay upfront cost.

• Sk
    S.Kay May 19, 2016

There is and it's: http://www.dvcmagicresales.com/dvcmr/
    I copied the url directly from the website. If you can't access it you might have a spam blocker. I just went on there just now and had no problems accessing the site. You can also Google DVC Magic Resales.
    I've now sold both my Disney timeshare contracts through DVC Magic Resales (Animal Kingdom Villas and Aulani). My original comments above still stands. Everything is correct and accurate.

• Cm
    CMJ hates timeshares May 19, 2016

Ummm, there's no such website.

• Sk
    S.Kay Feb 23, 2016

I successfully sold my timeshare (Disney), with DVC Magic Resales. http://www.dvcmagicresales.com/dvcmr/. There were no up front fees, I didn't pay anything out of pocket. They took their 7% commission out of the sale funds before sending to me. The only other charge to sell a Disney time share was a $20.00 points report and a $50.00 Estoppel charge - to confirm directly with Disney there are no outstanding debts on the contract. All this was taken out of the sale funds before they sent me the balance. It took minimum of 3 months but all worked out well.
    Every blog or article I've read recently about timeshare resale companies states never to pay ANY MONEY up front. DVC Magic Resales works on commission (7 to 10%). Another company I am checking out is Timeshare Store.com who also operate on commission only, no upfront fees. They charge 10 to 12% commission upon completion of sale. They also say if anyone asks for money up front it is a scam.
    I inquired into Sell My Timeshare Now and was told they would charge $600+ up front and then another $600+ at closing. I told the contact woman, Arline Marin, that I was not interested in doing business with anyone that charged a fee up front and I had successfully sold a timeshare with a 7% commission. She didn't believe me, I told her to do some research on the internet. She tried to give me a "deal" something like a $3500 commission on a sale of my Disney time share (160 points, approximately $13, 000). I told her she was out of her mind, the most I would pay was 10% commission on any sale. They are a scam company and I wouldn't do business with them ever.

• Ec
    EConstantine Oct 29, 2015

I am going to try it out, what can it hurt? I'm already paying crazy maintenance fees. If i lose a 1000 dollars, yes it stinks, but if this does work, hey I saved a lot more! I will Keep you updated on the progress. Today is day one 1. I'm working to much to take off right now to use my timeshare, but if I sit and do nothing at all, how will I know my options. I know I have awesome credit and I can't let maintenence fees ruining that. I will be the crash test dummy and I will tell the true story! Eric Akron, Ohio. Resort Hacienda tres...
    Let me know any pointers if you all have any, Thanks

• Mj
    mjl642 Aug 29, 2015

the same thing happened to me and I am out 700.00 from listing a few years ago and now some rep continues to call and email me, recently stating my time share was never listed on their site. It's a joke, they do nothing to help you sell it but list it on a site that has so many listed you get frustrated trying to do a search.

sakibul Jul 21, 2015

Thank you Everyone for your feedback. I was planning to sell my timeshare with them and he said he can sell it for $15000M and it would cost me $2000 but he can give me a discounted price for $1600. I asked for credentials, right away he sent me email their ARDA, Consumer Affairs, Business Bureau, Business License, Site Validation, etc. I was convinced to sell it to them but after reading all this. I think I will hold on to my time share. Thanks again.

• Li
    linda chase Jul 10, 2015

i am just in the mist of researching and came across this blog. I look at it both ways as well. Please locate the name and number of the representative you spoken. thank you

• De
    DeeSunshine Jan 15, 2015

This company took advanatge of me also. I paid over $1000. I told the gentleman I needed to sell the timeshare because my husband lost his job and I couldn't afford to pauy for it. I told him I did not have the money to pay them and he told me I could divide the payments amongst 3 credit cards. He called on a daily/weekly basis to get the money from me even when I told him it was my last. Years later, I am still trying to pay off my credit cards and they have not done one thing. DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY ANYTHING. As soon as I am able, I am going to start a class action suit so I will be reaching out to all of you.

• Ju
    Juan Luis Oct 21, 2014

I Live in Calgary, Alberta In April 2014 they explained me how the system works and the whole nine yards. I purchased a Wesgate TimeShare in Miami and I was trying to sell it since I don't get to used as frequently . All the promises and Lies about being number ONE in the Market. they took $ 1, 200 from me. Now is October 2014 till now there's no buyers, no renters, they keep telling me also that I have to reduce the price. The same ### like they told everyone who believed in them. Nothing happened every seems that time.I'm very frustrated and humiliated.They told me they could RENT or SALE. Unfortunate nothing happen. I got RIPPED OFF by this SCAM. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM !!!
    [email protected]
    Some has to STOP this SCAM !!!

chrissymoy Sep 12, 2014

I paid $6000 to get rid of my timeshare. No body 'buy' your timeshare even it's free. Don't waste your money.

• Pa
    pakama Jul 20, 2014

Try myvacationmarketplace.com
    The key is to mass market as cheaply as possible. They only charge like $20 for 6 months and sometimes they have free listing specials. Very cool website!

MattMcgeezy May 08, 2014

What's funny is I tried to put in an offer for a timeshare off this website and never received any response. Which tells me after reading the
    above comments means they are just taking money.

NotEntirelyConnedInMASS Apr 12, 2014

I thought this post was about R. Scott Quartararo the Con Man?
    Sad to say he rented a room from me 5 years ago. I kicked him to the curb as soon as I researched his past. Just got a bill from the IRS in his name at my address. He still owes the IRS $12, 000 from the year 2000. I hope potential employers & landlords "Google" him. He is a criminal!

Christopher B. Jan 10, 2014

I entered into an agreement with this company after being guaranteed by their sales agents that my Time Share would be sold quickly. They assured me that they got offers daily for Hilton Grand Vacation Club properties and the fact that I had 4800 points to go to the purchaser assured it!! This was March 6th of 2011 and to date I have not received 1 call from these criminals. I just had to plan a last minute vacation to Fla. to use up the 4800 points as they were to expire December 31st. They not only guaranteed a sale, but were even responsible for setting the price on my property!! I just spoke to a Customer Rep. requesting a portion of my upfront $ 1000 fee and got their company line. We never make any promises as to a sale, only that we will advertise your property until it is sold. I was absolutely guaranteed a sale!! The Attorney General of NH should close this place down for being the SCAM operation it is!! They have a RUNNING FEED of bids for properties across the Country... I would bet a lot more than the $ 1000 this scam cost me, that the Running Feed is all a bunch of lies!!! That in itself should be enough to CLOSE THESE CLOWNS DOWN!!!

• To
    toprobroy Oct 17, 2013

I also see that there is another Free Advertising site for your Timeshares and your rentals. Both in fact at the same time. This is at holidayauctions.org.uk which on charge a fixed price of £2 but only if you get a rental. There is a £25 fee if you Sell your Timeshare via the site and no cancellation fees if you remove your listing. Just thought others in this topic might find that useful

IH8SYTN Feb 12, 2013

I coincidentally got on the website “SELL MY TIMESHARE NOW .COM” and found MY timeshare listed for sale. The advertisement says: “Unbelievable opportunity!!! THANKSGIVING in Aruba in Platinum Season!!! Motivated seller wants all your offers!!! Steal This!!! The add # is 746852 and the affiliation BLUEGREEN (who else)

MY TIME SHARE IS NOT FORSALE

I was highly appalled and decided to call the company. I spoke with ED in their Orlando Branch and he reassured me that the unit was indeed available. He told me it had been on the market for a little while and all ready had a couple of offers on it. I regret I didn’t play along a little further but it got me really upset, so regretfully I told him who I was. Of course there was all kind if excuses and then he accused me for not being legit……pretty interesting.

I do know that they cannot sell a unit without the deed, so I’m not concerned about that, but this whole thing is just pretty mind bothering and it makes me angry. I wish I knew where to take this, so if anybody has any recommendations, please let me know. Thank you!!!

• Cc
    ccturner Jan 29, 2013

ha! The companies are vultures! We have Wyndham Points...but still owe some, so have to wait. Although we do enjoy the timeshare, it is sometimes a big burden. I would never pay someone a huge amount of money for someone to manage RENTALS! And that is what the issues is! GRRRRR...

• Co
    colomnts. Jan 29, 2013

sounds like the last two companies I tried out seems all of these companies are scamming to me. and the funny thing is all of them charge 500 bucks or so. Timeshares are just a case of the financial herpes, you cant get rid of them. I think I'm going to try that one " *****list " on my own and see what happens. Has anyone done that at all? by the way I'm selling a timeshare in Avon Colorado week 45 if anyone's interested. LOL!

• Cc
    ccturner Jan 18, 2013

I'm not sure what happened, and feel there is a big misunderstanding, but there doesn't seem to be any mercy or thought that everyone has issues in life, and it will happen to them some day. I talked to someone, very nice, about renting our Wyndham timeshare. When I found out how much it was, I was shocked, and said 'no'. I was very ill at that point, and my FIL was in the hospital. I am still recoverying from surgery. The point is, my understanding at that time, was that I would NOT be charged the large amount of money, but they would take the rental that was coming up, and do it for a small charge, or split fee. THEN, we would discuss it again. It didn't get rented, but wasn't surprised. Then, we see a huge bill on our debit card. I had given them my debit card instead of my credit card! We have tried to be as kind and up front, but no way will they consider the complete story. Today, my husband was told "it HAS been a month". Yes, it has, and we have kept in semi-contact with them, but emails do NOT come first when he has a wife who is very sick and a father in the hospital. Doesn't matter. Most companies would take all into consideration, (even if they have to check out our story), and leave with a good name. I'm not sure if we are into something bad, but I do know I would Never okay a charge for the amount we were charged for 5 rentals. Somehow, I feel we were lead to believe something, and I wasn't sharp enough at that point, to catch on. Very disappointed, and seems we are stuck.

I-H8-UscottQ Jun 21, 2012

Am I missing something here? As I dont see anything said about his son, and which son?

• Fr
    Frank Cook Apr 30, 2012

Their effort to get our account to use for WorldMark rentals was very effective. However, we were left at the alter. They failed to deliver on their words. For that fact, they changed their words effectively saying that it was our fault that we did not receive any rental inquiries.

I-H8-UscottQ Jan 18, 2012

SCOTT QUARTARARO=DOUCH BAG and gets the award of WORST DAD OF THE YEAR!

• Ga
    Gary Y Dec 12, 2011

$3, 000 less than what you paid?? Unless you bought a resale, that is nothing more than a pipe dream, fellow! I called one of their reps at sellmytimesharenow.com. He told me the selling price is around $1.00/point for our time share. We purchased 3, 500 pt. unit from Shell Vacations for 20, 000! That is the realistic fact. I even have my doubts of selling at that price of 3, 000. Up front $499 for an ad or 15% commission with a minimum of $1, 500. We might as well walk to save all this grief and frustration.

Joey Papiano Nov 11, 2011

SICK of the word SCAM - People use the word scam way too loosely - I sold my timeshare with Sellmytimesharenow and it was not an overnight process, I asked several questions and unlike most people that seem to be posting complaints about selling, I actually LISTENED to my Sales Rep. He was very upfront and pretty blunt with me. I was skeptical at first after reading so many articles all using the word SCAM and I told him of my hesitation at the beginning of our conversation. He understood and offered to show me everything instead of just tell me. If you actually listen to what they do there is no scam at all. They do exactly as promised. -- They said the buyers could find their site 1st (and they showed me). they said they would create an ad for me and place it on their website (and they did) - they said they get several thousands of visitors per day (and they showed me) - They told me they had 100's of offers on the same resort I was selling (and he showed me). he said they come highly recommended (and he showed me) They screen all buyers for me and help with the closing -(ALL OF IT THEY DID.). How is that a scam? You place an ad on their website and wait for someone to buy it - Yes I had to price 3, 000 less than I paid for it but it sold eventually. My advice to anyone selling DON'T believe everything you read on these blogs - most people that complain on these sites are in general some of the most negative people and can never be pleased. I'm sure we all know people like that - Don't let their negativity prevent you from getting the facts from someone that can truly help you. Actually read some of these complaints, most preach the word scam and can't even tell you why, they just assume it is.. If you read a bad blog, ask yourself this - Was it the same resort you are selling? Was it over priced? Was it a good or bad week? did they owe an exorbitant amount on the initial loan? Why didn't they get an offer? did they refuse any offers? - Compare apples to apples. Consider the source. Sometimes negative blogs are from competitors, or someone who didn't get exactly what they wanted. ex employees trying to get back at their old company, that recently happened at my job. (Someone got fired and blasted lies all over the internet.about our company and boss) -- I paid good money for a good service and they gave me exactly what they said they would. If I believed all the negative blogs online I never would have listened to the Representative and never sold my timeshare. I forget my reps name otherwise I would have included it in this blog however if you reply to this I can locate it and give you his name and number.

I-H8-UscottQ Oct 19, 2011

Scott Quartararo the JOKER!

LOSER CON ARTIST ###

I-H8-UscottQ Oct 14, 2011

Sales MASTERS...This should answer your question about "Scott Quartararo"

Hope to hell you didnt hire his sorry ###, or you will be the one sorry!

I-H8-UscottQ Oct 14, 2011

QUARTARARO, Scott M, 45, Marstons Mills; two counts, improper use of a credit card over $250; larceny over $250 by single scheme, December 28 2010 in Barnstable. All counts, admitted to sufficient facts. All counts, continued without a finding, continued for payment until September 20 2013. $2, 506.54 restitution. QUARTARARO, Scott M, 45, Marstons Mills; two counts, improper use of a credit card over $250; larceny over $250 by single scheme, December 28 2010 in Barnstable. All counts, admitted to sufficient facts. All counts, continued without a finding, continued for payment until September 20 2013. $2, 506.54 restitution. QUARTARARO, Scott M, 45, Marstons Mills; two counts, improper use of a credit card over $250; larceny over $250 by single scheme, December 28 2010 in Barnstable. All counts, admitted to sufficient facts. All counts, continued without a finding, continued for payment until September 20 2013. $2, 506.54 restitution. QUARTARARO, Scott M, 45, Marstons Mills; two counts, improper use of a credit card over $250; larceny over $250 by single scheme, December 28 2010 in Barnstable. All counts, admitted to sufficient facts. All counts, continued without a finding, continued for payment until September 20 2013. $2, 506.54 restitution.

• Bl
    blp7171 Jul 19, 2011

I'm so glad to see what I've suspected is confirmed here: "Hacksaw is correct. Scott Quartararo is a pathological liar, thief and scam artist. Anyone doing involved with him personally or professionally should Beware." He responded to my singles ad and presented himself as the perfect man for me, no matter what I said, he agreed whole-heartedly and talked as though we could plan a future together. I was hopeful but somewhat suspicious, so I looked him up on line and now I see that my internal alarm system is right on target- when something seems too good to be true, no doubt is is. Thanks for your posts!

Margaret O'Brien May 30, 2011

The last person who commented bought a timeshare through this company, did not try to sell one. I completely disagree with the comment that it is not the company's fault if the timeshare doesn't sell. Where they are very clearly at fault is they told us that our timeshare was worth much more than it actually is and they took a huge fee of us up front, following which after many months there had not been a single offer for our timeshare. When we drastically reduced the asking price to a fraction of what Sell My Timeshare Now said we would get for it, we immediately received an offer even lower than that! This offer was for little more than we have actually paid the company to advertise our timeshare! If you care to look into this, you will find plenty of other people who were duped into paying a huge fee up front on the promise that they would sell their timeshare for a very high amount. Buying is totally different to trying to sell through this company. They are dishonest. No doubt about that.

• Mi
    miffdb May 28, 2011

I bought my timeshare through this company. I found them to be incredibly honest and professional in their dealings. They are predominantly a listing company... in other words, a timeshare is listed... and then it has to attract a buyer. I hunted through hundreds of timeshares until I found the one I wanted. They put me in touch with the seller - we emailed back and forth a few times to iron out the agreement between the two of us - sellmytimeshare.com took over from there and handled all of the paperwork, etc . It was done seamlessly and in less than 45 days I was the owner of a timeshare in Cabo San Lucas.

If your timeshare is not selling, it is not the fault of this company. The resale market is pretty well overloaded with properties - that is why you can pick up some properties for nothing more than the transfer fee.

• Mi
    mission88 May 01, 2011

Sales Masters Mar 15, 2011

Has anyone had experience with a salesman named Scott Quartararo? He is applying with our company and seems to have no past although he says he has experience in Time Share sales

Margaret O'Brien Mar 03, 2011

Having just read the latest comment I can identify strongly with this complaint regarding Sell My Timeshare Now - I posted my comment in February, since which time we have agreed to sell our timeshare through another resale company, based in the UK, for £2, 000 (a little over US$3, 000), having been told last year by Sell My Timeshware Now we could expect to get around US$14, 500 - we fell for the crap we were given over the phone by their sales guy. As lots of other people have said, they tell you what you want to hear i.e. that your timeshare has a much higher market value than it actually has, and that's what persuades so many people to hand over the fee up front. I admit I have been naive and have learnt the hard way to use my head more and not hand over money trustingly - I'm not normally gullible - I realised my mistake when after months of no offers I started checking back at what offers had been made in the last year on timeshares at our resort and the results of this search show that only about 2 offers were made all last year at a fraction of the asking price and these offers were rejected because those same weeks are still up for sale. We were told before we paid the fee that if we sold it through another company they would refund the fee but when we asked for our fee back having agreed the £2, 000 sale above they then set lots of obstacles in the way of getting our fee back and the current situation after a lot of email exchanges is they say they will consider refunding after our sale goes through under certain conditions but I'm not the least optimistic. The idea of a class action is what caught my eye in the previous complaint. Do people (in the UK - don't know if the law is the same in other countries) realise that the law here says if you pay for good and services through a credit card company and don't get what you pay for, your credit card company is jointly liable for the payment - just a thought which might help some people trying to get their fee back off Sell My Timeshare Now - something else we will try if all else fails. Just one final word to show how rubbish this website is - we finally slashed the asking price through the website to a very low figure and within a couple of days someone offered $1, 000 for our timeshare - pathetic! Enough said - take note - don't hand over any money to this company.

mambo2007 Mar 02, 2011

I was interested in selling or renting my timeshare. I spoke with a representative who was claiming that his company Sell My Timeshare NOW, LLC was the best and spoke a lot of garbage about his company, I paid a fee back on November 2006. Up to today 3/2011, I have NOT heard one offer or rental offerings AT ALL. PLEASE do not get involved with these rip offs. All they want is your money and that’s all. You will not even get a piece of mail acknowledging that you did business with them. Can a class action be formed and we can sue them for our lost monies? Contact me at [email protected]

Margaret O'Brien Feb 08, 2011

We had our timeshare in Scotland placed on the sellmytimesharenow.com website in August 2010, after talking to them over the phone and paying a fee up front. They suggested an asking price of $14, 500, however, after many months and no offers, we reduced the price to $10, 000 about a month ago but still have had no offers. I have been looking at recent "offers" on timeshares at our resort and could only find 2 very low offers - last August these 2 offers of $500 were on 2 weeks where the sellers were asking between $2, 500 and $3, 000 - the offers were obviously rejected because they were so low, as the same 2 ads are still on the website. I believe we have no chance at all of selling our timeshare with this company - if we ever did get an offer it would probably be for next to nothing. Going to cancel the ad and try to get our money back - probably not much chance of that.

• Dh
    Dhi Dec 30, 2010

I had a horrible experience with them as well. I was told to list mine at a certain price. Months went by and I had not a single inquiry and really wanted to sell. I reduced the price drastically and still never sold. I ended up dumping it so I lost on both ends. I am soooooooo disappointed in this company. I agree, a complete scam. Do not do business with sellmytimesharenow.com That being said, I think they are all scammers otherwise they would be happy to work on commission.