SecretSalespair of sunglasses ordered for my son - box empty on delivery - not even delivered to my home address. order 3721759 your case number is [protected]

D Sep 14, 2018

i ordered a pair of Rayban Sunglasses for my son in total with P&P costing £110.95. i had no notification of delivery and wasn't home the day Hermes came to deliver. the box was left with a gentleman who's address was on a different street but doesn't live far from my home, i do not know this person nor have i ever given permission for deliveries to be left with him or at his address. a card had been placed through my door stating that parcel had been left with the person above and that the box was damaged, apparently the gentleman had only accepted the parcel on condition that the delivery man from HERMES wrote that the box was indeed damaged. when i collected the box which was approx. 1 foot in height, 9 inches wide and 5 inches deep (rather large for sunglasses) and not sealed in the usual grey secretsales plastic bag. The box was indeed damaged and partially opened at the top, when i looked inside the box it was EMPTY apart from a couple of pieces of bubble wrap, the usual leaflets for wine and the statement showing order (no initials showing who had packed and checked the order). i telephoned them immediately and forwarded photo's taken. Then months of emails followed most of them duplicates giving no information and totally ignoring my concerns and the fact i had stated that my order was with them and not HERMES therefore they were responsible under the Consumer Rights Act of 2015, they then had me sign a form stating that i had not received the order and they said this would be sent to Hermes - it would take up-to 28 days for Hermes to investigate. When 28 days plus had passed they had still not contacted me so i emailed them, they sent an email stating a ticket had been issued and someone would contact me within 1 working day, surprise this never happened when i again sent yet another email i received 2 emails one from Yudesh Baldeo saying Hermes had refused my claim and the other saying ticket had been closed if i wasn't happy i should reply via the email which of course i did only response i have had is the same emails sent to me several times with boxes at the bottom to say if i am satisfied with outcome. As an outcome has not been given, ie non of the queries or indeed statements of the Consumer Rights Act have been totally ignored. Unfortunately payment was made via a debit card not credit card.

I have also told them that i am suffering from MND which when i telephoned the very first time i contacted customer services i said that i was unwell that was why i couldn't speak clearly or quickly (has deteriorated since all this started, and all the stress and upset at being ripped off certainly has not helped) that is also why it has taken me so long to type this statement of utter disbelief and disgust at this sham of a company and even more so at a pathetic excuse for a so called customer services department. They have my contact details so they can call me anytime, but i am going to continue with this fight as they are totally and completely out of order. i also hope that Hermes get to see this as according to secretsales this was their decision.