ScoreSense.commoney taken out of my account without my permission

A

I was scrolling through my bank statement and discovered a charge for $29.95 on December 28, 2010. I had never ordered or authorized any one to take $29.95 or any money from my account.

I have tried to contact scoresense to return my money to no avail. I am tired of these things happening. I have had subscriptions to magazines with money taken from my account despite the fact that I had never ordered any magazines. If you don't check your account, these people get away with it. It's so frustrating.

• Ge
    Georgette Bush Dec 08, 2019

On November 30 $19.95 was taking out of my account without my permission I expect it to be corrected call [protected]
    Sincerely
    Georgette Bush

• Ed
    Ed Strander Nov 25, 2019

You say I signed up for something last Jan., but I did no such thing. I will be disputing your charges with my credit union.

• Fr
    Francisco agredano Nov 07, 2019

Hi my name is francisco agredano I am not authorize this program and us charged me 29.95 of my bank account

• Us
    user2095662 Nov 05, 2019

You have scammed. The wrong person my dad is a lawyer... And after going to my bank today if the monies isnt returned the $29.95 were pressing charges.

• St
    Stacie shelby Oct 26, 2019

A debit of 29.95 was taken out of my checking account on 9-23 and I didn't authorize it. I want my money refunded or I will take legal actions. I have your address and police as been notified.

• Od
    Odaliza Rivera de Ayuso Sep 29, 2019

So apparently as of September 23 I had money taken out of my account and I gave no authorization to do so. I want my money back I don't understand why this continuing to happen to so many people. They say our accounts are safe but then again this happens. And it happens with the stupid magazines too

James Box Aug 31, 2019

Somehow this company scoresense took $29.95 out of my account and I want my money back asap!!!

Now my account has a negative balance, and I'm being charged money for taking money out of my account without my authorization!!!

I need someone to do something asap!!! I'm tried of these scammers taking money from me!!!

• Km
    KMHepworth May 14, 2019

RIP OFF ALERT!!! Scoresense is a rip off company. I was one day late in canceling my account and the guy on the phone actually SCOLDED me and then kept the entire month's payment. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They charged $29.95 for a service my credit card and banks offer for free.

• Ju
    Judy Smith Stage Apr 30, 2019

I am tired getting billed every month for a service I no longer want or need and I really cannot afford these payments. Please stop charging my bank account as I no longer want or need this service. Thank you, in advance, Judy S. Stage.

Andreina Y Alfonso Dolorez Apr 28, 2019

Please help me I don't now how the beak they are and I whant my money now ASAP please help me out I really need that money they are scammers and Iam tired of them

• Bi
    Bill Brame Jan 05, 2019

This site tricks you into getting a membership after getting a free credit check. i paid over $60 dollars before finding out that they were charging me.

• Ha
    hammock Apr 16, 2018

score sense has gotten twelve months of my money, cant get it back they say signed up for a dollar and ended losing, they need to be reported to better business bureau, they are cons sad to say we need to put them out of business permanent. need to spread the word, to all that score sense .com are crooked

• Gb
    Gbunn998 Dec 06, 2017

They took 39.95 from my account and they need to put it back or i will contact my attorney

• De
    DepK Dec 01, 2017

Same thing happened with me. Saw the charge and that it was pending. So I'm going to call the bank to see if I can stop it plus call scoresense and cancel the account. Lesson learned and never again!!!

• Th
    thelma griffith Aug 26, 2016

you taken money from my account without permission so put the $39.95 back into my account or my attorney will be contacting you .i will not call you every month . so i expect the money back into my account 9-1-16.

• Sd
    sdjames16 Jul 27, 2016

This really sucks but it says right in their terms and conditions what exactly they will do if you do not cancel your free trail within the free trail period ( in bg bold letters) ive learned my lesson. read the damn terms and conditions because little snakes like score sense will completely take advantage.

7. In order to use the Sites and the Services, You must provide the following information:
    You must provide valid debit or credit card payment information at time of enrollment in Subscription Services, or at the time of purchase of Transactional Services. We will verify your debit or credit card information before processing your order, including performing an authorization in an amount up to the stated monthly membership fee for all Subscription Services, and/or all fees associated with the purchase of Transaction Services. The authorization amount may count against your debit or credit limit. For Subscription Services which include a free-trial period, if you do not cancel your free trial within the free trial period, you will be charged at the monthly rate in effect at that time for the Subscription Services for which you enrolled. Your debit or credit card (including, if applicable, as automatically updated by your card provider following expiration or change in account number) will continue to be charged each month at the applicable monthly rate unless and until you cancel the Subscription Services. IF THE SERVICES YOU CHOOSE INCLUDE A FREE-TRIAL PERIOD, YOUR FREE TRIAL PERIOD IS MEASURED IN 24-HOUR DAYS. FOR EXAMPLE, IF YOU SIGN UP FOR A 7-DAY FREE TRIAL PERIOD AT 10:00 A.M. ON MARCH 1, 2010, YOUR FREE TRIAL PERIOD WILL EXPIRE AT 9:59 A.M. ON MARCH 8, 2010.
    You may be required to provide your social security number and other personal information, such as previous addresses, employment, and other names, so that your identity can be verified in order to use some Services.
    You must provide true, accurate and complete information about yourself as prompted by the applicable form(s) for the Services and, for Subscription Services, to promptly update your information if and when it changes. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or we have reason to believe that such information is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, we reserve the right to terminate your subscription or void your transaction.
    8. Important Information regarding your authorization to charge your credit or debit card
    BY SUBMITTING YOUR ORDER, YOU AUTHORIZE US TO CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD OR DEBIT YOUR BANK ACCOUNT THE STATED ENROLLMENT OR TRANSACTION AMOUNT AND/OR PROCESSING FEES AND FOR SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES ONLY, THE STATED AMOUNT PER MONTH AFTER YOUR FREE TRIAL HAS EXPIRED. Your enrollment in Subscription Services will continue month-to-month unless and until you cancel or we terminate your enrollment. If you purchase additional Services, they will be billed to the debit or credit card provided to us during enrollment.

• Recently widowed, I thought I should check my credit report. Saw a little ad for free credit report from all three major agencies. Since I don't expect people to want to take advantage of you and rip you off, I made the mistake of trying it. Well I was amazed at how wrong I was. Please, read the fine print and don't ever give any of these scam places a credit card number. I didn't understand that my account would be charged $29.95 if I did not cancel withing 7 days and was so glad that I did cancel before they were able to steal anymore money from me. How these places stay in business is beyond my imagination. Someone should really do something to put them out of business. Deceptive advertising should be their name.

Hi,

We would like to help resolve this for you and if you would like to speak with someone directly, please contact our Customer Care team at [protected] to address your concerns. Our agents are available during the following hours:

• Gb
    Gbunn998 Dec 06, 2017

@ScoreSense I didn't have knowledge that you were taking 39.95 from my account which caused other problems for me. I have cancelled the account and want my money refunded or I will contact a lawyer

• Sd
    sdjames16 Jul 27, 2016

Look at the terms and conditions, its no dought that score sense does not disclose this information for a reason because then people would actually do this. In their terms and conditions is does say if you do not call and cancel your free trail before the free trial is over, you will be charged monthly. I've learned my lesson and that is READ the TERMS AND CONDITIONS! BECAUSE LITTLE SNAKES LIKE SCORE SESNSE WILL TAKE TOTAL ADVANTAGE!!!

• Ka
    kathy pansy Jul 27, 2016

I never authorized this withdrawal and don't even know what this is and I certainly did not use it for any means, pleas refund my money of $29. 95 or you will be reported to authorities for further action!!!

Hi Kathy,

If you would like to speak with someone directly, please contact our Customer Care team at [protected] to address your concerns. Our agents are available during the following hours:

• Re
    Reviewer67413 Jul 26, 2016

I have been receiving emails stating that my payment has been denied. I don't recall ordering or giving permission for my credit card to be charged for this service.

Hi Brenda,

• Wi
    William Cady Jul 26, 2016

My Bank of America account ...7790 - transaction date 08/24, posted 08/27, has been charged $29.95 ( reference number 3570) by scoresense.com for a an unstated reason. My research has revealed the origin of charge came from Score Sense an on/lilne company operating out of Dallas Texas. I did not order or receive any product or service from this organisation at any time in my life. I
    therefore declare that I have been a victim of scam or direct fraud and want restitution as appropriate.

• Br
    brenda ducksworth Jul 26, 2016

i canceled the sevice they continue to collect on my account, when i told them that i was now on a fixed income a could no longer afford it they continue to collect which sent my bank account into overdrft for no funds. they refunded the monies they charged but the overdraft i was still charged. i have been trying to file a dispute to collect the overdraft fee that was caused on there behalf because my bank stated it was not a mistake on there behalf that scoresense was responsible for the return of that fee. i have had no luck in getting this resolve i call and call and i get no hel with this issue

• Ci
    citbotl Jul 26, 2016

I found 29.95 had been drafted from my account WITHOUT authorization. I called and talked to a very nice lady who assured me the charges would be reversed. I will keep you posted as to weather I get my money back or not !!! I would recommend that anyone having this problem should also contact your bank.

• Al
    Allreadytaken Jul 26, 2016

somehow this company accessed our (2) bank card #'s in Feb. 2013 and began taking money out, first just one dollar, when that worked it went up to $29.95... on both cards! With reference to a e-mail address that I don't even use except for special applications. They claim that we responded to a request for FREE credit score info. We did not! We missed this on our statement. Now they are giving us the shuffle between "corporate" and whoever answers the phone. I want every penny returned that these scammers have taken from us.

• Je
    jenlombard64 Jul 26, 2016

On Dec 13th I went to this site to get my credit score - they said they were free. Most of the way through the process I was prompted for my card info to be charged a $1 fee. I figured it was only $1 but then on Dec 24th I was charged $29.95! There was no indication that there were any other services that were going to be charged for. I have spoken to them & Leroy (ID# 0500597) said that he will pass this along to the accounting dept. I would like to see some recourse in getting my money back.

• Ne
    nelly48 Jul 26, 2016

free credit report was in e-mail for ONE dollar you could get your credit report. Then Icheck my bank account and scoresense.com had took over $29.00 out of my account without my permission

janicemc Jul 26, 2016

This company is a SCAM, they took charged my credit card without my consent and then would not reverse the charge.

Hi Mark,

mark2222 Jul 26, 2016

Below are copies of the actual emails from Scoresense. You can see what they approved for refund plus what they denied. You can also see the double charges in their initial 4/11/2014 email when they responded to me. Notice how they do not appear in the recent response dated 4/15/2014.

4/11/2014 1st request email:
    Dear Mark,
    Thank you for contacting ScoreSense Customer Care. After careful review of your account, the following refund requests have been processed:
    09/06/2012 $1.00 Approved

12/13/2012 $29.95 Not Approved
    11/13/2012 $29.95 Not Approved
    09/13/2012 $29.95 Not Approved

mark2222 Jul 26, 2016

Just received another refund review. They approved one more charge this time. This time it looks like it was in the middle of the billing cycle. How can a company refund an initial charge, the final charge, a charge in the middle, but still state all other charges are valid? They initially approved the $1 initial charge, and the final 9/13 $29.25 charge for refund. On second request they approved a 6/13 $29.95 charge for refund. However, all remaining charges in the months between were denied.
    The latest email did not even list many of the monthly charges from previous email for either denial or approval. I wonder if they were purposely left off of the correspondence because of the double billing in those months? I am trying to copy and paste their responses here but having difficulty. I may have to put them in a file and download for all to see. I am going to contact them again and ask how they are processing my "refunds" without any account info. I will also ask about the double billing, etc... and update accordingly.

• Na
    Nadine Allerdice Jul 26, 2016

I was to get one FREE credit report. In order to get this FREE report, I was instructed to enter a credit card number. A charge of $1.00 would be refunded.. I didn't understand I was being duped and that I was going to be charged $29.95 per month for eternity. I am an old lady on social security. At no time would I subscribe to a service that matters not to me. I was curious for 'one FREE' report but that was the extent of my wants.

For the reason I was scammed and misled, I expect a full refund.. Refund to credit card you have on file.

YOUR ORGANIZATION should be ashamed of themselves! Taking advantage of people who are trusting and not aware of the many shenanigans that are perpetuated by people like you.

• Ne
    nemai68 Jul 26, 2016

they have withdraw 29.95 since Nov 2011 from my bank, i did not apply for there services, or order there services

mark2222 Jul 26, 2016

Did not even discover that I was being billed for this service until under audit. Wife thought charges were for something else and I never look at statements (I guess that is what they hope everyone does). Do not even remember signing up for credit reports but perhaps we were looking for free or $1 credit reports at some time and probably went through this offer. HOWEVER, at no time was it clear (nor does anyone here remember) that we were going to be billed on a recurring basis. We never received, nor viewed, any credit reports at any time. We never received, nor opened, nor viewed, any correspondence, alerts, etc.., at any time.
    The reason was that Scoresense was supposedly sending all reports, alerts, information, files, downloads, attachments, requests, etc...to an email address that was unrecognizable to us. Therefore, we never received anything stating we were receiving any services. We never responded to any requests for information. We never opened any attachments sent. We never opended any reports. When this situation was brought to my attention, we were billed for over one year. Spoke with a rep initially one the phone and he reviewed my account, which took some time to verify because I could not provide the correct email address.
    I presented him with my current email address for future correspondence. He stated that after review, he could see that I never utilized any service, responded to any alert sent, opened any attachment, etc...and that the account had been canceled months previously. He stated the account was canceled for rejection of payment withdrawl attempt. The only reason that happened was because I had a card stolen and had to close that account and open a new one. The rep stated that he would send the request for refund in and I should hear back in 1-2 days. Heard back and it was an interesting email that I received. They approved a refund of the final month charge and also the initial $1 charge but denied the rest.
    If you refund the initial charge and the final charge that means you acknowledge anything in between is inaccurate. However, after review, 7 of the monthly charges had been double billed and not refunded. So they kept 2x the charges for the decpetion. Another situation is where will the charges be refunded to because they have no information for me. I called again and explained the situation to another rep and she put another request for refund in. She stated that most are not approved but she could not make any guarantees because it all is reviewed by the corporate office in Dallas (which she stated they have no contact with, are not in the same city, and are instructed to tell the public not to contact).
    I asked for the corporate office phone to speak with someone and she told me that was not possible but that she would give me an address and I could Google it myself and try to get a phone number. I am now awaiting the second response to my request. Even if they take the position that I should check my statements every month for accuracy, they cannot justly explain the double charges, the rationale behind initial and final charges refund, or how they are going to process any refund approved without my account information or contact with me. I will await their next decision and update this accordingly.

Hi Nadine,