ScoreSenseunauthorized credit card charges

R Review updated:

Since february, of 2011 score sense has charged my credit card $29.95 monthly for a service of monitoring my credit cards against fraudulent activiity. I have never contracted for this service, and do not recognize this company. The credit card involved is discover card and filing a complaint against score sense's charges with discover card resulted in their launching an investigation of these charges. I have since received a letter from discover card that I am indeed responsible for these charges and they will not acknowledge that I never did subscribe for services with score sense. Given this from discover card, I am forced to close my account with them to prevent these monthly charges continuing ad infinitum.

Score sense appears to have my e mail address, home address, and obviously my discover card number. How this occurred is baffling to me and I can only conjecture that I am the victim of some form of computer fraud.

I plan to file a police report and also a complaint with the federal government, the office of the comptroller of currency.

Marioin Harris Dec 30, 2011

i did not authorize for anyone to take mooney off my card, and the took it off. and i want my money i did not ask for another credit report at all.. and i would appreciate if they woukld return my money on my card...

Marioin Harris Dec 30, 2011

You all took 29 dollars and some change of my card, im did not authorize you all juped me by saying that it was no charge, , , so return my money please

Marioin Harris Dec 30, 2011

please return my 29 dollars and change...

DianeJames Feb 06, 2012

This same company took the 29 dollars and change out of my husbands acct no permission will file with government if not back on account today. You have no right getting into peoples acct and stealing money, get real

• Gl
    Glenn Ferguson Jun 22, 2012

I checked my credit scores but did not authorize the monthly service nor the $29.95 fee. Please stop now! Please return my money as well!

• Do
    Donna Edde Jun 29, 2012

I checked my credit score because of a report posted saying my pc may have been compermised. I did not knowingly sign on for a monthly check.

• Br
    Brenda Darcial Smith Aug 05, 2012

Took my money without my permission

norma lopez Sep 22, 2012

Please return my money as well, I did not authorize the service.

• Ad
    Ademil Montalvo Nov 14, 2012

Ive never asked for the service and I was charged in my bank account for it. Ademil Montalvo 787-359-5138. [email protected]

• Th
    Thu Ha Dec 11, 2012

This happened to me too! I can't believe I am a victim of fraud! I work hard for my money and now these people are going to live freely by taking my money without my permission! Please stop them!

• Bi
    biged1 Feb 01, 2013

I did not authorize you to remove money from my account.I know this is fraud and it better be returned and no other charges taken . How can you get peoples credit card numbers?

• Rl
    Rllee07 Feb 07, 2013

I signed up to get my credit scores for $1 and after a week they charged me $29.95. I called immediately to ask for my money back and war told by the CSR that she would submit a request. She offered to give me an extra 30 days for a total of 60 days access free of charge. When I got off the phone I had recd an email telling me that the billing would resume after the 60 days. I was livid and called back and made it clear I was canceling and did not want access for a minute longer. The gentleman assured me that a request for a refund had put through and I would hear in a day or two. The next day I recd an email flat out denying a refund stating the trial period had passed. I have never encountered a credit protection agency that won't at least pro rate your refund. I will never use score sense again and if they charge me again i will sue. I didn't have $30 to piss away and am astounded at the games this agency plays. Consider yourself warned!!!

• Fa
    fackscoresense Feb 22, 2013

fack charged 2 x 29.95 per month~ for 3 months~ i don't even know what this is~ hacked my credit card and all my information~
    total $ 179.7

• Ot
    OTL Scoresense Mar 21, 2013

DO NOT access this Agency. I, too paid $1.00 for credit scores. Next two months, $29.95 was taken out of my bank acct. via debit card. I am a widow & run close in my checking acct. One month, it caused me to be overdrawn in my acct. & was charged an additional $30.00 for overdraft. This may not sound like a lot but when u r on SS only, every penny counts! Shame on OTL Scoresense. They should be prosecuted for fraudulence & false advertising!

ScoreSense Mar 25, 2013

Hi,

If you would like to speak with someone directly, please contact our Customer Care team at 877-335-6823 to address your concerns. Our agents are available during the following hours:

• Je
    Jennifer Reid Apr 11, 2013

I would like you to delete my account. I sign up for $1.00 and a week later I was charged 29.95, I have been getting money off my card for a couple of months now. I would like my money back that they took. I asked them to stop taking money from my card and I was charged again today. This needs to stop

• Wd
    WDC916 Jun 24, 2013

We have had the same experience with unauthorized use of our credit card by ScoreSence.com. We have discovered that they have been charging or credit card for the last 11 months or $29.95 per month. When the contacted them to complain about these unscrupulous business practices we received the following from customer service authorizing 5 of the 11 charges, Not Approving 7 of the unauthorized charges totaling $209.65. In addition we have made several formal request "we respectfully request that you provide a written copy of any correspondence and/or contract in which we have authorized your company to withdrawal these funds from our account and/or any and all correspondence in which your company has advised that we have a formal agreement in which fees would be charged as well as a data log demonstrating that we have ever used your service during this time frame outlined below in your statement" which they have not provided.
    Below is ScoreSense response to our request for a full refund.

Membership ID: 21824092
    Dear William,
    Thank you for contacting ScoreSense Customer Care. After careful review of your account, the following refund requests have been processed:
    Transaction Date Billed Amount Refund Status
    12/08/2012 $29.95 Not Approved
    01/08/2013 $29.95 Not Approved
    02/08/2013 $29.95 Not Approved

Beware of This Company
    We are filing a formal complaint with this Visa, our Bank as well as the California Better Business Bureau.

ScoreSense Jun 25, 2013

Hi William,

• Ge
    Geoff Melchor Aug 21, 2013

I am also experiencing charges to my debit card for $29.95 from scoresense without my authorization, I am working now to stop this, contacting my bank and scoresense to refund my money back.

ScoreSense Aug 21, 2013

Hi Geoff,

Jacqueline Bemis Sep 26, 2013

I was just charged 29.95 for credit score that I did not order. A dollar was taken out also but they did send my credit score on that so you better give me credit or the 29.95 now!!! Jacqueline Bemis

ScoreSense Sep 26, 2013

Hi Jacqueline,

• Fr
    frances steinkamp Nov 26, 2013

i did not approve score sense to charge me 29.95 on my account. it was suppose to be for $1.00. I call this fraud and givijng yourself a bad reputation.is not good for your company.

why do you have to lie about your service.
    I want my money back.

ScoreSense Nov 26, 2013

Hi Frances,

• Mk
    mkp1960 Dec 30, 2013

Having the same problem have cancelled and they keep hitting my debit card.

• Hu
    Hudsey Jan 30, 2014

Just nailed my mom with a charge I wonder how the accessed her debit information if she didn't give it to them in the first place. Was directed from beyond.com and an offer for a free credit check. This company is crap, and sucker people who don't know better.

ScoreSense Jan 31, 2014

877-335-6823 to address your concerns. Our agents are available during
    the following hours:

• Pi
    Pinkaid Feb 27, 2014

I just called ScoreSense...agreed to a 1.00 charge for a credit score check on 1/7/2014 and later billed 29.95 for a membership fee. I did not apply for membership with ScoreSense. I was Scammed! Called to cancel membership 2/27/2014...what a rip off!

jrg

ScoreSense Feb 28, 2014

Hi Pinkaid,

• Se
    Semyon Vinnik Apr 26, 2014

i did not authorize for anyone to take 29.95 off my card, and the took it off. I want my money back.

ScoreSense Apr 29, 2014

Hi Semyon,

• Sl
    slvlg01 May 01, 2014

I too am a victim of scoresense. I never signed up for this service. I unfortunately do no check my credit card statement each month. After about 6 months I checked my statement and found a charge for $29.95 and after checking further it was on at least 6 statements. I contacted scoresense about this, their name and phone number were on my statement. This was the wrong thing to do. This is what they want you to do. They told me I could not receive any information about the account unless I provided them with my email address, my name and phone number.. When I did this they said they had an account opened in my name and I should check it to make sure someone hadn't used their service to get my information and opened up credit cards in my name or obtained any loans. I stupidly did what they suggested and they used this against me. They took all the information they had asked me to prove to Visa that I had opened up the account and had used the service. Visa sent me a letter stating I had opened the account and would have to pay the charges. When I had first called Visa I told them that Scoresense had asked me for information to prove my identity before they would give me any information about the charges but that didn't matter and it did not matter that scoresense had hundreds of complaints against them online for ripping off other people of their money. They believed scoresense because they knew my email address and home address.

Vicki of Jacksonville Florida

ScoreSense May 02, 2014

Hi Vicki,
    We would like to help resolve this for you and if you would like to speak with someone directly, please contact our Customer Care team at 877-335-6823 to address your concerns. Our agents are available during the following hours: Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM CST.

ScoreSense May 05, 2014

Hi Vicki,

ScoreSense May 07, 2014

Hi Semyon,

Dispute Representative Jun 04, 2014

If you recently or in the past went to look for your credit scores unfortunately when you put your card number in and clicked submit that authorized Scoresense to charge your card until you cancelled. I know you think I am from Scoresense but I actually work with a call center handling credit card disputes. Yes it feels like fraud or a scam but whenever you give any merchant your card number whether for $1 or free that gives them the okay to charge whatever amount their monthly charge is until you cancel after whatever time frame they have. It is best that you read the fine print and all over the screen before submitting. All it takes is calling them and letting them know you would like to cancel and ask for a refund. If they don't want to refund then check with your bank to see if they can be disputed but they are not fraud if YOU gave your card number for the information. It doesn't have to be difficult and you don't have to be nasty especially to the representatives with your bank when they are trying to help you.

A representative with a credit card company

• St
    steven fletcher Jun 18, 2014

On 6-18-14 i was charged $29.95 I didn't give the authorization please refund my money thank you

Dispute Representative Jun 18, 2014

If you haven't already please contact Scoresense's customer care department at 1-800-972-7204. They are able to help Monday through Friday 8 AM to 8 PM CST, Saturday 8 AM TO 5 PM CST, and Sunday 12 PM to 6 PM CST. Once you cancel your membership, you will receive no further charges. This information is listed on their website. Please check there or even call the number listed next to the charge to cancel. If you are unable to contact your bank and they would be able to assist with a dispute. And please do not become irate with your bank's representative when they are assisting with your dispute. Please answer any and all questions asked if you have an answer and that would make the dispute go much smoother.

ScoreSense Jun 19, 2014