ScoreSenseunauthorized credit card charges

R Review updated:

Since february, of 2011 score sense has charged my credit card $29.95 monthly for a service of monitoring my credit cards against fraudulent activiity. I have never contracted for this service, and do not recognize this company. The credit card involved is discover card and filing a complaint against score sense's charges with discover card resulted in their launching an investigation of these charges. I have since received a letter from discover card that I am indeed responsible for these charges and they will not acknowledge that I never did subscribe for services with score sense. Given this from discover card, I am forced to close my account with them to prevent these monthly charges continuing ad infinitum.

Score sense appears to have my e mail address, home address, and obviously my discover card number. How this occurred is baffling to me and I can only conjecture that I am the victim of some form of computer fraud.

I plan to file a police report and also a complaint with the federal government, the office of the comptroller of currency.

• To
    @todlautenberg Oct 01, 2020

I was just charged 29.95 without permission. How about we start a class action suit? My whole family is lawyers

• Lw
    lwolf Feb 26, 2020

This is all too real! We had the exact thing happen to us but this dated back almost a decade. Scoresense got a hold of our Chase card after our card was paid off and closed and continued to charge the card $29.95 a month for 6 yrs, and we had no idea because we thought the card was closed and paid off.. In July of 2019 it was discovered that Scoresense had placed 6 yrs of payments to this card. We got on a 3 way call with Chase and Scoresense and it was very scary they had our card information, address, email, etc. Chase found these as non-fraud because Scoresense had so much person information on us.. We just had to write a check to Chase for $1, 000. Makes me sick!! What this company is doing should be illegal. The customer service rep on the phone from Scoresense (Leah) sounds like like she was 16 and reading off a script and was zero help.. I wish there was a way to escalate !

• Os
    Osun Honey Aug 07, 2019

I signed up thinking the $1 was all that had to pay for the the free credit score. I was charged $29.95 within a week of the $1 charge, I immediately called Score Sense and requested my $29.95 back. The customer service rep kept trying to talk me into this monthly fee that I never agreed to in the first place! After sternly telling her no several times - she finally agreed to refund me. The refund was for the $1 only, which she never was clear about. You can keep the $1 - I wanted my $29.95 back! I had to call back to request my $29.95 back. I received an email rejecting the request for an refund. I am now on the phone with my bank - this is fraud. DO NOT QUOTE ONE DOLLAR AMOUNT and then charge another. That is deceptive marketing!!! You can get your credit score for free on Credit Karma anyway! What fraudulent, scam!

• Zo
    Zo A. Jan 29, 2019

Signed up to view free credit. Canceled my subscription within 1 week. Yet I was quietly billed for 17months at the rate of $39.95 for a total of $680. They refused to give me back my money. At the end only gave me $120. Very difficult customer service. Scammers that I did not request their service. They don't provide any significant service except being good at quietly billing consumers.

• Mi
    MiquelII Nov 16, 2018

The only difference now [protected]) is the monthly fee is $39.95...

MaxSly May 30, 2018

I have been using my ScoreSense since February 2013. My agreement with them $9.95 per month which I've paid 63 months of that price.

They have recently changed their credit reporting interface/website and I am not able to see the "Account ALERTS" anymore. I wait for 3 days then gave them a call this morning.

They said in order to see my Alerts I have to pay $12.99. It is a stupid thing. I had an agreement and I should be able to see my Alerts in my membership. But the representative canceled my membership right away because they want more money! There are many free credit reporting systems and they are honest I am sure.

Don't trust SCORESENSE at all.

Please stay away...

• Gr
    grandma ree Mar 20, 2018

This company is still at it. I have been charged for 4 months. I called the above number but that does no good. Their attitude is we got it. They wanted me to give them my ssn. I do not give my number to anyone!!! But she found that I was who I said I am. Their "customer care team" is looking out for the paycheck they receive. Not for their fraudulent behavior. I asked that they close the account asof that day. There was no contact with me before they began charging my account nor has there been since I asked them to stop except that I would receive my $1 to be credited to my discover account. WHOOP-T-DO!!!

• Fa
    fatboy98 Dec 16, 2017

I was told that I could see my credit score for $1.00 and that was all I wanted. I did not ask for a membership to anything.

• Sh
    Shuntyreka Nov 21, 2017

Hello I never did sign up for this. Yall need to put my money back on my card

• Ge
    georgine jackson Nov 18, 2017

I had a charge of $39.99 taken out of my account on 11-17-2017 and I did not order this product. I only wanted to see the free credit report and that is what I did. PLease reverse the charge. I have notified my bank that this was not a charge I wanted and the fraud dept will be in following up on the. I have to get back to them and file the complaint but first I was to notify you about the problem then they will follow up.
    Sorry for the inconvinence this might cause but that's a lot of money in my circumstances.
    georegine Jackson
    [email protected]

• Ro
    Rose Marie Joesting Nov 03, 2017

never authorize anyone to take money on my account . I never applied for you service so please return my money back I do not know who you are. I do not like people taking money with out permission or let me know. rose joesting

Jay Filippone Sep 20, 2017

A 39.95 charge appeared on my bank statement from Scoresense. I did not (at least knowingly) enroll in their program. I will be disputing it when they open tomorrow AM. I was freezing my credit report with four different companies; I suspect that's when it happened. It's very ironic that this should happen. I will also dispute it with my bank.

• Sn
    snoopyg Aug 12, 2017

I called them this morning and they tell me they can't find my credit card number on there file. What a fraudulent company.

Jay Filippone Sep 20, 2017

@snoopyg Call your bank; they can be very helpful. They will probably have you fill out a brief form. Don't let them take Scoresense take your money.

• Je
    Jennifer Villareal Jan 07, 2017

I would like my money refunded please. I did not authorize a charge on my card for $39.95. Please let me know how I can get this situation settled.

• Bd
    B.Dunn Jun 03, 2016

I too was lured and duped. Informed of the $1.00 charge for security purposes and that it would be refunded back. On top of everything, I did my research and they do not give accurate credit report readings. They have inaccurate credit scores. I applied for my REAL FREE Credit report from ANNUALCREDITREPORT.COM as well as the bank I am working with, and both those companies had the same, ACCURATE, information that was completely different from the FRAUDULENT ScoreSense.com. Please beware of this company. Hopefully you are reading this to avoid the same mistake and not like me which I read these complaints after. I am filing a complaint with my bank for a refund and going to whomever I have to talk to, to get this company investigated.

• Ra
    randy Nielsen Jun 03, 2016

I was first charged a dollar from this site for a product i did not request. Then 3 days later, I was charged $29.95. I am in the process of trying to get a hols of them. And I see that I am not alone when it comes to this company fraudulently charging people for services they did not request. Or was given false information in saying you would only be charged $1.00. Then 3 days later another unauthorized charge of $29.95 showed up on my bank statement. Beware!!

ScoreSense Jun 03, 2016

Hi Randy,

We would like to help resolve this for you and if you would like to speak with someone directly, please contact our Customer Care team at [protected] to address your concerns. Our agents are available during the following hours:

• Eh
    Ehemp Jan 11, 2016

Hi,

I cancelled them last month before the monthly price was to kick in and the operator fake cancelled my subscription and charged me the $40 BUCK ANY WAY. Shameful. ID [protected]

• Cy
    Cynthia King Dec 11, 2015

It happened to me so I know what these people are saying to be true. Take money from the poor and elderly on fixed incomes is about as low as you can get. I pray and hope that you do return their money and mine. Cynthia King

• Ca
    Cathy Elrod Dec 03, 2015

While checking my account, I noticed a charge from Scorsese??? I had no idea who these people are. I called the phone number on my bank statement to cancel. They provided me with this website. I would not have used this service, so I don't know how they got my information. I should get a refund of the money that they took from the account.

• Pi
    pisssssed oooff Jun 19, 2015

hi my name it tiffany I just seen were yall took out 29.99 out of my bank account and id like to say I never signed up with yall so have no clue y your taking money out of my account and I no it better be put back in my account as soon as possible and I will make sure no one goes thru with scoresense.com yall r a joke how can u just set around and take money from peoples accounts you are so wrong

• Ke
    Kevin McCabe May 20, 2015

Want to cancel my subscription from scoresense [protected].95 per month

• Fm
    Fmegilli Jan 23, 2015

I am being charged $29.95, monthly, for credit rating I did not authorize...PLEASE CANCEL!!! The unauthorized automatic withdrawals from my checking account are causing overdrafts which I can not cover from my fixed income budget... All attempts to call both numbers do not allow menu choices to be 'recognized'. A copy of this note is being sent to the Better Business Bureau .

ScoreSense Nov 24, 2014

Hi Dorothy,

ScoreSense Sep 15, 2014

Hi Loretta,

• Lo
    Loretta Holt Sep 15, 2014

I just now checked my account to discover they have been taking out $29.95 since May 2014. I have no idea who they are nor did I ever agree to anyone taking money out of my bank account. Like the woman who is on a limited income and had to pay $30.00 for an overdraft I do not have any extra money and often end the month with around $5.00 until my next S.S. check. THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! What can be done?

L. A. Holt

ScoreSense Sep 10, 2014

Hi Deborah,

• De
    Deborah Bailey Sep 07, 2014

Unauthorized charges on my bank acct. please reverse the charges asap..

ScoreSense Aug 14, 2014

Hi Randy,

• Rg
    R Gross Aug 14, 2014

I was just charged 29.95 for credit score that I DID NOT ORDER! I will be contacting the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU and possible filing a police report. Please return my money, i dont understand how you can sleep at night knowing you are STEALING from people! Thank you, Randy Gross

ScoreSense Aug 07, 2014

Hi,

Scotcho Aug 07, 2014

We just received our first unauthorized charge for $29.95 from Scoresense. I noticed it on my statement. I cancelled last month over the phone the $15 free credit report and now we have the $29 charge. If this service were above board, they would have notified us of their own unscrupulous, unauthorized activity on our accounts.

• La
    lam van dao Aug 02, 2014

I was just charged 29.95 for credit score for second times(2 months) that I never order.I'm going to close my Discover account and ask Scoresense for refund my money.

ScoreSense Jun 20, 2014

Hi Steven,

ScoreSense Jun 19, 2014

Hi Steven, ,

• Di
    Dispute Representative Jun 18, 2014

If you haven't already please contact Scoresense's customer care department at [protected]. They are able to help Monday through Friday 8 AM to 8 PM CST, Saturday 8 AM TO 5 PM CST, and Sunday 12 PM to 6 PM CST. Once you cancel your membership, you will receive no further charges. This information is listed on their website. Please check there or even call the number listed next to the charge to cancel. If you are unable to contact your bank and they would be able to assist with a dispute. And please do not become irate with your bank's representative when they are assisting with your dispute. Please answer any and all questions asked if you have an answer and that would make the dispute go much smoother.

• St
    steven fletcher Jun 18, 2014

On 6-18-14 i was charged $29.95 I didn't give the authorization please refund my money thank you

• Di
    Dispute Representative Jun 04, 2014

If you recently or in the past went to look for your credit scores unfortunately when you put your card number in and clicked submit that authorized Scoresense to charge your card until you cancelled. I know you think I am from Scoresense but I actually work with a call center handling credit card disputes. Yes it feels like fraud or a scam but whenever you give any merchant your card number whether for $1 or free that gives them the okay to charge whatever amount their monthly charge is until you cancel after whatever time frame they have. It is best that you read the fine print and all over the screen before submitting. All it takes is calling them and letting them know you would like to cancel and ask for a refund. If they don't want to refund then check with your bank to see if they can be disputed but they are not fraud if YOU gave your card number for the information. It doesn't have to be difficult and you don't have to be nasty especially to the representatives with your bank when they are trying to help you.

A representative with a credit card company

ScoreSense May 07, 2014