Samsung Electronicssamsung refrigerator rt62k7110sl/fa

K Nov 19, 2019

To Whom concerned
I want to inform of my utter disappointment with the service and feedback I got from Samsung until now. On the 6th of August 2019 I bought a new Samsung refrigerator as part of a larger electronics purchase for my new home in Yzerfontein.
The goods were purchased on a special promotion to be kept in storage until my house was completed. The goods were delivered to my storage place in September 2019 where it was kept. When we moved into our new house two weeks ago the refrigerator was unpacked from the carton in which it was delivered. We immediately noticed that the front door had very slight surface damage and reported it to the sales person at Hirches in Milnerton who duly asked us to send photos of the fridge and the box to see if there was any evidence of damage that could have dented the door. There is absolutely no evidence of any damage and the box was still sealed and strapped.
Now after a period of two weeks with no communication other than a cell message notifying me of a claim nr the technician at Swartland electrical forwarded me a copy of a letter informing them that I had no claim as I did not check the product within three weeks of receipt. Nowhere on the sales document does it state this as a requirement neither is it stated on the delivery document. I made the sales people fully aware that the products would go into storage until the completion of my house.
I am absolutely appalled that you would put your brand and reputation at risk for the cost of replacing a door. I am going to load the refrigerator on a trailer and return it to the store where I will park it in the parking area in front of the store with my complaint written on the damaged door for all to see. I will also be publishing a copy of this communication plus the photos of the invoice and refrigerator on your local and international website with my opinion of how I feel about the customer service. The same will be done on your face book page and a review of this incident will also be featured on the customer complaint site hellopeter.com.
This is no longer about money but a principle. I was a National sales manager for a large retail company prior to my retirement and this was definitely not how we treated our customers. It is astounding that an international company of the magnitude of Samsung would even consider a blight on their customer service reputation for the sake of refusing to replace a damaged refrigerator door. The sad fact is that it is a wonderful product range which I will now never consider buying again.
I have tried to sort out this matter in a decent way but have now been forced to go this direction.
I trust that you will at least afford me the courtesy of a reply which has not been forthcoming up till now.