Samsung Electronics Logo

Samsung Electronics

Having problems with Samsung Electronics?

1800 726 7864 (USA and Canada)
8800 555 5555 (Russia)
444 7711 (Turkey)
1800 228 899 (Malaysia)
1800 588 855 (Vietnam)
1800 726 7864 (Mexico)
+82 222 550 114 (South Korea)
+44 330 726 7864 (United Kingdom)
+61 130 042 5299 (Australia)
+64 800 672 6786 (New Zealand)
+32 22 012 418 (Belgium)
+45 70 701 970 (Denmark)
+31 889 090 100 (Netherlands)
+351 808 207 267 (Portugal)
+41 800 726 7864 (Switzerland)
+852 36 984 698 (Hong Kong)
+63 24 222 111 (Philippines)
+65 69 161 261 (Singapore)
+27 860 726 7864 (South Africa)
+94 115 900 000 (Sri Lanka)
+66 26 893 232 (Thailand)
+54 800 555 7267 (Argentina)
129, Samsung-ro, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon-si

Iidabashi Grand Bloom, Iidabashi, 2-10-2 Fujimi, Chiyoda-ku , Tokyo 102-0071

Complaints & Reviews

rebate never received!

Purchased on 07/20/06

Contacted samsung electronics rebate center on 09/03/06 - was told check was issued will void and re-issue

Contacted samsung electronics on 10-06-06 - was told have no record of rebate form-sent in duplicate form as requested

Received card from samsung on 12/8/06 informing me that they could not process rebate because of duplicate rebate form

Contacted samsung electronics rebate center on 12/8/06 was told that a check would be processed and should receive by 01/10/07

Contacted samsung electronics rebate center on 02/06/07 was told that check had been issued and mailed in january-will cancel check and issue another check on 02/27/07

Contacted samsung electronics rebate center on 04/05/07 - was told that a check will be issued and should receive by end of april '07

(Good luck)

gas leakage, no cooling

I purchased an AC -7 months back and to my utter shock i realized that there is no cooling. I was told that due to Gas leakage it has stopped cooling and hence i wish to advice all not to go for any Samsung product.

• Pm
    P. Mukhopadhyay Apr 05, 2007

The complaint is absolutely correct.

• Va
    VALUE CONSULTING Jun 10, 2007

This is to bring to your notice, a very bad experience in terms of the product as well as the customer service at Samsung.

The company has purchased 5 (1.5 ton) A/c from reputed dealer "SONY MONY" in Month of January 2007in Andheri (W) (W). Since the month of April we have been experiencing a lot of problems with the A/C and the after sales service

1) Inspite of being in warranty period, the A/C was practically not functional with no cooling at all

2) Repeated attempts to contact the Samsung - Customer Service (which is of no use) to Mr . Mathew- the head of SONY MONY (andheri) (W) that have been unsuccessful with they not responding to the complaints, disconnecting the calls on repeated attempts to contact them and sending their service personnel across.

3) The persons send by service centre were not able to give any concrete reasons as to why the A/c's are not functioning , thus seems that an inefficient staff is employed , ultimately our company has to waste its time and energy at office hours. Seems it was our wrong decision to purchase SAMSUNG a/c.

4) Even after putting the A/c for repairing to SAMSUNG service centre, its of no use.

Never buy Samsung products!

• Ra
    Rahil Shaikh Aug 11, 2009

I totally agree with you

defective mobile phone

I bought a samsung mobile phone from eastern plazza, dhaka, bangladesh. The model no is samsung sgh e-700. It's a folding mobile. After using only 6 month (+) the display had got a problem. The camera is also giving problem.. What to do now. I will never ever buy the product of samsung and also tell my relatives and friends not to buy any product of samsung.. It's doesn't produce good products as i've suffered by using 1 of this product..

• Je
    Jennifer Lee Feb 26, 2007

Well I believe the phone is under 1 year warranty to cover any defectiveness. Contact your local Samsung or you phone carrier to resolve the issue. I have Samsung T809 which turns on and off whenever it feels like... I called my service carrier and they replaced me with new phone. If the phone was not damaged by accident on your behalf... They will replace the phone.

• Kh
    Khairul Anam Jun 26, 2007

You don't know in our mobile seller behave. They sell their bad product in customer to their good behave. If I not mistake I am sure that the phone have no any grantee or warrantee. Our some of shop owner buying the set in black market and sell the set in open market.

phone automatically hangs and restarts

I had purchased Samsung x670 within 3 months of purchase is started getting problem that while talking that phone automatically hangs and restarts again. I had been to the service centre as it is in warranty. The kept the phone for many days and tried but they said that they are not getting that problem. And after going to them again and again the changed the motherboard but still the problem is the same. They said now they are helpless and they cannot do anything. I am fed up. As the phone costs 9000 bucks and it is not a small amount.

non replacement of a defective washing machine

I bought a silver nano 6kg washing on 31oct2006 which was delivered on 01nov2006. The machine kept making a lot of noise and would not take a full load. I called up the service centre and explained the problem and fixed an appointment fours days in advance. Instead of a technician a demonstrator arrived and that too 5 hours after the appointed time. The machine gear box is defective according to two different samsung technicians including mr bakshi. The technicians tried on two different occasions to open the machine but because the screws brackets were also defective they could not do so. After a lot of argument one mr basitkar agreed to replace the machine. I also received a call from one mr tariq 3weeks ago saying the machine would replaced. Today at 1115 when I called up mr basitkar he couldn't even recall who I was despite reminding him that I earlier had even offered to buy another machine and wait for a refund on the defective one. He promised to get back to me but as usual there is no reply. When I asked his office for the delhi head office number she declined. I also spoke last evening to mr bakshi and his reply was totally unprofessional... That since I had been patient for so long I should still wait for another three weeks or so.

As an earlier complainant has put on record... Never ever buy a samsung product !

not attending my complaints

My refrigerator is fault and I have been contacting [protected] and customer care No [protected] and daily...

air conditioner conked off in less than 18 months!

I have a 450l fridge of samsung, & subsequently bought 1.5 t ac in june 04 looking at the decent performance of the fridge.In less than 1 year (May05) bought another 1.5t ac from samsung. There starts my tyranny. The 1st ac touch panel conked & I was informed an estimate of 3k. Immediately after that there was a gas leakage in the same ac & was spending about 2.5k to repair it. But worst part is the 2nd ac. Within less than 18m of buying the 2nd ac, the gas leakage problem was detected & the service engineer quoted again around 1400 (Under some campaign). On approval the ac was taken to the workshop & after 2 days I receive a call from the workshop that the total estimate of repairs was 6.7k less discount totalling to about 5k. Reasons for increase in quote was that the cooling grill conked off. I dont understand that how does one expect to spend 5k in repairs for a product costing 16k in less than 18months time. Is this a quality of international standards. I have my doubts on the product & more to my surprise, the workshop guys have stopped calling me since past 7days on what will be the fate if my ac. This is the kind of product support offered by samsung (International company). I am genuinely disgusted & will never buy any product from samsung & also will never ever recommend any of my known people to go for samsung products. I am also planning to escalate this issue to media & press so that general public who is unaware of this response from samsung should boycott samsung. I need support. I need an explanation from samsung.

• As
    Ashok Koparday Nov 21, 2008

Hi,

Do we have something in common?

I purchased two Videocon ACs at the dawn of this year.
    They are malfunctioning since the time they were installed till today November 21, 2008, when the year end is approaching.

Our grievance is not resolved.
    We have lost valuable Time, Energy, Money and suffered discomfort and inconvenience after paying money.
    Will someone help me pack and send the two Videocon ACs to the CEO's office? I can use the AC space to replace with other AC.

Videocon has given contract for post sales consumer care to independent private company (person). The infrastructure and expertise the contractor has is state of the art shameful inadequacy.

GET DIRECT CUSTOMER FEEDBACK
    What I regret, besides my woes, is Videocon International does not get feedback directly from the end user. This is an expensive blunder for a growing company.

It can tarnish the brand image so badly that the company's other consumer goods also take the beating and the sell and profits of the company plummets down.

When sells go down probably the Company decides to pour huge money in advertising. This further causes loss in profit.

The bottom line is customer satisfaction. The word of the mouth is powerful advertising tool.

No matter how good a product the engineers design, how rigorous be the quality control and how well the Marketing Team sells the product unless the company gets feed back from the actual user it cannot improve its sells and profit.

I have posted complaints to
    http://complaintsindia.blogspot.com, which is a customer grievance redress forum where the consumer and the corporate representative directly interact and resolve issues amicably. The Corporate also gets unbiased valuable feed back.

http://complaintsindia.blogspot.com has helped resolve my Airtel related problems and helped other Airtel customers too.

Dr. Ashok Koparday

do not cool properly!

A copy of email to samsung:

I bought a samsung made air conditioner model awt 18qbhdc from goodwill enterprises, naya bazar, sunam on april 13, 2006 vide invoice no. 1992. The a. C. Did not give out proper cooling from the very first day and I reported it to the dealer. He sent his local mechanic and, also company mechanic from patiala, both of whom assured me that the cooling emitted by the a. C. Was enough and that did not feel it because of the little quantity of moisture in the air. A third company mechanic from sangrur, however agreed with me and said that the pipes giving out cooling were closed. The next day, the said mechanic come to my house in my absence and broke open the concerned pipes, did the needful and sealed them again. But still the problem is unsolved and rs 16,000 + rs.2,000 (Stabilizer) seem to have been thrown in a waste basket. May I hope that your goodself would look in the matter and order the dealer for an immediate replacement of the a. C. ?

Information is already sent to the company by fax on 15/08/2006 and by registered post on above given address on 28.08.2006 but no response received as yet.

Samsung india electronics ltd.
7th & 8th floor, ifci tower
61, nehru place, new delhi-110019
Tel: [protected]
Fax : [protected]/19

• Vi
    Vinod Kumar Narula Jul 25, 2008

I purchased Silver Nano A/C 1.5 TR in April, 07. In March 08 when switched on, it was not cooling and the AC was taken by Samsung Service Division. There was a call at that time from your service Deparment that its cooling coil has be changed and the charges will be Rs. 4, 000./- for new coil. When I informedl that that unit was purchased in April 08 and was under guarantee/warranty, the coil was repaired not changed/replaced, gas charged and returned in working.

In end June, gas leakage problem again emerged, complained was lodged and the unit was again taken by Samsung Service Division and returned and installed on 2.7.08 after charging me Rs.1400/- approx + Engineering visit charge, again by repairing the coil.

Only after 21 days i.e. on 23.7.08, again cooling problem has emerged and on 24.7.08 a complaint to this effect has been lodged, again may be your people will repair the coil and return after gas charging.

Please let me know the reasons for not changing the coil in March, 2008 itself when I was informe that it has to be replaced against Rs. 4, 000/-. Since it was later noticed by your Service Deptt. that the uniit is under guarntee, it was only repaired.

Please look into the matter and ensure that the system is set right in such a way that it does not give any problem. It is being taken by your Service staff 3rd time in just 4 months' period.

Regards,
    V.K. NARULA, Adv
    132-B, Pocket-6, MIG Flats,
    Mayur Vihar Phase-III,
    DELHI 110096
    Mobile 9818682717

unacceptable warranty service

I purchased a samsung 52 inch plasma tv model # hpr5052 x/xap on november 24, 2005 in caracas, venezuela.

In the first days of august 2006 I called your customer service call center located in panama. My claim was filed under customer # 30ssss, order # 40005sssss. The tv was retireved by samsung from my home on august 16, 2006. After that, I have called samsung customer service multiple times, and always been told my case is under review for a replacement. I have repeatedly e-mailed 'e. [protected]@samsung.com', who appears to be the service center supervisor, without having yet received a response to my claims.

More than two (2) months have gone by since I filed my claim, and I have yet to receive my repaired tv or a replacement for said tv set.

This is certainly not the way to build loyal and satisfied clientele.

José

Bbo financial services inc.

Fontabelle, st. Michael, barbados

blue tooth complain, unsatisfaction of service in warranty period

Dear complaints board, I have purchased a mobile from your authorized distributor named as hello world, 4...

refrigerator - I am totally unsatisfied with samsung!

My husband and I bought a samsung refrigerator model # rs257barb in november of 2005 for our new house. On...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices