Safe Touch SecurityTerrible company

B

I purchased a home with a Safe Touch security system that was installed by the previous owner. Safe Touch came out to evaluate the system after I purchased the home and tried to sign me up for a 3 year contract. I do not sign contracts for service as it is usually indicative of poor quality.

I have been using the alarm unmonitored and recently wanted to add some wireless key fobs, but the system is 'locked'. I would be willing to pay for a technician to come out and change the installer code so that I might maintain the system I own. Safe Touch will not even talk to you unless you are under contract.

Here is the best part. When my system was installed, the technician scratched out every id sticker on every wireless sensor so that the owner can never reprogram the system. You need the code to program in the wireless sensors, and they deliberately remove/deface the external & internal stickers that are placed on each device by the manufacturer.

If a company is focused on customer service and provide good value, people will stay. There is no need for long contracts and rig systems so they can never be used by the homeowner. It's just plain wrong and unethical. I will never do business with a company such as this. What a way to make a buck.

• Fe
    fedup407 Jun 20, 2014

I have had Safe Touch for about 6 years at this home and switched from ADT to Safe Touch and used them for about 5 years at my last home. I'm sorry if you have had bad service with them but "so far" I have had NOTHING BUT GOOD SERVICE with them. Every time that I have had a problem with the system THEY came out Promptly and repaired it at their cost. I di want an additional key fob and they wanted a charged which I thought was too much so I just didn't get it. Isn't that how it's supposed to be? If it's too much you don't get it? Anyway, I highly recommend them to my friends and neighbors all of the time.

• Ji
    jimmyharts1 Dec 20, 2011

Hmmmm, does anyone else here realize that this is the same EXACT email that was SUPPOSEDLY sent by "billy"? So tell me, how can users with different screen names write the same review? Simple...they're all the same person! Surely a competitor just trying to trash this company. Pretty sad - made me want Safe Touch even more!!!

• Ji
    jimmyharts1 Dec 20, 2011

Hmmmm, does anyone else here realize that this is the same EXACT email that was SUPPOSEDLY sent by "billy" and "Ryan". So tell me, how can users with different screen names write the same review? Simple...they're all the same person! Surely a competitor just trying to trash this company. Pretty sad - made me want Safe Touch even more!!!

• Rw
    RWoolf Mar 05, 2011

Even if you under a contract they won't do much for you. Hate, hate, hate this company. They promised me the moon and only cared about billing me. I complained to BBB and will continue to tell everyone I know what a pack off thieves they really are.

• To
    Tom Mar 24, 2009

notsafe touch Mar 07, 2009

I purchased a house that had a safe touch system - the house was built pre-wired, which they cut when they installed the wireless system.

I understand it's a common practice for them. The only one robbing this town is Lester Jackson...buyer beware.