Having problems with Alarm Force?

+1 800 267 2001 (Customer Service)
+1 416 445 2001 (Head Office)
675 Garyray Dr.
Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

AlarmForcereturn of equipment / collections

So after cancelling my alarm with the company and having their equipment ready to return to them, they have sent the file to collections. Over a year I have been trying to get a shipping label from them and for some reason it never came through. I even offered to drop off the equipment somewhere to make it easier, but no. Now its at collections, all because of a possible computer error, completely out of my hands.

Alarm Force — alarm system

The manager of collections, Scott, is worthless The worst customer service ever I returned my equipment in...

Spruce Grove

Alarm Forcewon't cancel service for 3 years!!!

their alarm did NOT work, when their was a breaking and entering. I had another company install a system that does work. I have called repeatedly for 3 years to cancel. They keep billing my bank account.

I'm going to hire a lawyer. Do NOT give this company you bank account numbers. They just take your information about canceling and thats the end of that.

I have had mine yanked off walls for over thee years!!!

This company is just a scam!

Alarm Forcepoor service, perpetual billing after canceling.

I moved after having alarm force service for two years, but they indicated that I had a tow year, three month contract.

When I tried to cancel the service, they added the three months on for billing...

The after contacting them again they said I had to go to their website to start the cancellation process. To no avail, I called the company back, they then said they would email me directions on how to cancel and send back the products, which wpuld have to be received before they cancelled my service...

SIX MONTHS later, to no avail, I still have the equipment and I am being hit for the monthly billing, even though the system is not connect in my new house. The costumer service did not even try to get the system installed in my new place.

So I am stuck with their equipment, and their monthly bills!

BEWARE OF THIS COMPAMY!! --Jerry Bower

Alarm Forcevideo cameras

I had someone break into my truck in my driveway last night and when I went to pull it up on my video access I was unable. I called tech support and it was then when I was told about going over 1000 clip use per month. This was the first I had ever heard of this clip use business. Why then was I not notified via an alert when I was approaching this 1000 number or more importantly, why wasn't this video use number disclosed to me at closing? My truck was broken unto and there I am paying for a service which is useless to me. I have had nothing but issues with Alarm Force since the beginning and there is no "peace of mind" factor what so ever.

Alarm Force — home security system

Please be careful when cancelling. They tried to tell me that I owed $26.50 for the month of July. My...

Alarm Force — video relay and 2way speaker

my words about Alarm Force are seen in all the 250+ complaints on this site ! nothing works!!! just like any...

Toronto

Alarm Force Inc.no service no regard for their customer

Signed up for our 2nd home in Jacksonville Florida the box stopped working properly and our home at this time is unprotected even though we pay every month there tech team said batteries need to be replaced we did that still not working they said box needs an update but they have no one in the area to service there box, they offered a credit for 2 months of monitoring and they would mail out a box and that would take us through that time I guess they haven't figured out or just don't care that we pay for the service to monitor our home and the new box should have been overnighted to their paying customer but they didn't and the attitude of the phone tech unbelievable he could have cared less so next month our contract is up but we will be switching providers this weekend so we can know for a fact we have working equipment and our home is monitored now not within 2 months.

Alarm Forceunauthorized use of credit card

Unauthorized use of Credit card, improper privacy practices I used to have an account with Alarm force at this address and it was cancelled a year ago. A tenant at the same address has now signed a new contract at this address and Alarmforce retained my credit card information and details and are now billing my credit card with out my permission. When I called to rectify this matter they indicated that it wasn't my credit card being used. They then emailed me a copy of the tenants contract showing all their personal information including their credit card number and expiration date. I've placed several calls to the manager and he won't call me back. Very frustrated on how my and my tenants sensitive information has been handled and how reluctant they are to remedy this.

• Ti
                Tiredofthiscrap123 Jun 02, 2012

After dealing with this sorry company along with its sorry product. They are requiring myself to pay a fee just to leave. I wouldn't recommend this company to no one...Remember people! You get what you pay for..

Alarm Forcepoor service

Alarm Force hides behind their contract, they provide an inferior service, and have a 3 year contract. Alarm Force is unwilling to let anyone out of their predatory contract, they have high pressure sales people push the contract on little old ladies, and pregnant women. Additionally, their service is in fact inferior, and break ins will happen at your home as they did mine. Alarm Force will blame the homeowner for the break ins. Lastly, they hide behind a three contract because they recognize their service is terrible, only reputable alarm service providers will offer month to month service. Do your self a favor, kick the Alarm Force sales guy to the curb, and call a reputable alarm service!

Alarm Force — cancellation impossible

We have had an alarm system with Alarm Force for nearly six years. I started having problems with it almost...

Sherwood Park

Alarm Forcefalse alarm charges due to faulty equipment

This is without a doubt, the worst company I have ever dealt with. I regret getting this system put in my home 100%. A false alarm charge is made by the Police Service if they are dispatched to your home. The rate varies by region and in my town, the rate is $150 per false alarm.

When my alarm was installed in my home (by a technician who was in a very obvious rush) he explained to me that Alarm Force required a $150 deposit in the case of a false alarm which they would then use to pay the Police Service. I paid my deposit and they cashed the cheque. I had a motion sensor installed but was assured that even though I have a cat, the sensor could be set so that nothing over 50 lbs could set it off, so she could roam the house free when the alarm was on without us having to worry about her setting it off.

Two weeks later I took my son to daycare and got a call from a neighbour (NOT Alarm Force) that the Police were at my house. I went straight home and the officer and I went through my home to see what the issue could be. After we determined that it must have been a false alarm, he left and I called Alarm Force to talk to them about next steps.

I was transferred to at least 4 different people within the Customer "Care" centre and Technical Department. No one seemed to know what they were talking about so I was sent back and forth for over 30 minutes. I was told that once a technician came out to see if the motion sensor unit was working properly, he would determine who would take responsibility for the false alarm and ultimately who was responsible for the $150 to the Police.

The technician came out the next day and replaced the unit (If it wasn't malfunctioning, why replace it????) and determined that the cat couldn't have set it off since it was apparently set up properly the first time. He told me that Alarm Force would be financially responsible for the false alarm. Unfortunately, he wrote a bunch of vague details on the sheet he had me sing and told me straight out that he was writing 'Alarm set up properly' just so "The tech who installed it wouldn't get in any trouble".

I have been on the phone twice for over 30 minutes now with different Customer "Care" and technical department representatives who have told me over and over and over (they love to repeat themselves) that Alarm Force doesn't take responsibility for False Alarms. Not ONE person has been able to logically explain to me why I should pay $150 for an alarm that was triggered by faulty equipment.

Their representatives talk in circles, they're rude and they obviously have no regard for any of their customers. Not ONE has been willing to take any responsibility on behalf of this company which I feel is taking insane advantage.

And to top it all off, I have received and INVOICE for an ADDITIONAL $150 from Alarm Force which they said I have to pay as another deposit or they won't dispatch the Police to my home in the case of an alarm.

For a company who is supposed to make you feel safe, I have never felt less so. I would never EVER recommend them to anyone under any circumstance.

Alarm Forcetrying to cancel monitoring

We sold our house in Calgary at the end of November and made the mistake of including the Alarmforce equipment as part of the sale, not realizing after 7 years of service with them, that we did not own the equipment outright. This was NEVER made clear to us and I can find no paperwork that we signed saying we didn't own the equipment. I talked to customer service about this issue in November 2014. They told me the new owners of the house would just need to call them to arrange to have monitoring setup on the equipment in the house. Our understanding was that the new owners would follow through with arranging the monitoring. Turns out they did not, and now Alarmforce expects us to pay over $500 because we have not returned the equipment (which we can't do now). We send notice back in September 2013 that we needed to cancel the monitoring effective November 30th... but they still expect us to pay the monthly fee even though we no longer own the house. I am completely frustrated with this whole affair. The equipment left in the house on sale was 7 years old and had NEVER been upgraded. It's depreciated value should be nothing after 7 years of having our monitoring contract. To expect us to pay an inflated cost for OLD equipment is robbery. We are seniors now living on a fixed income, which is why we moved away from expensive Calgary and moved to a smaller home in the first place. I am at my wit's end trying to deal with this matter. I would never be able to recommend the company to anyone given this situation.

Alarm Forcedon't want to cancel my services with all the information ithey ask for

I called Alarm for January to see I can put my account on hold until I can get another place to stay so when do get me other place they called me a b**** and told me that this is why I don't have a place to stay and when I ask to speak to a manager they hang up on me then I called back n And they said I The manger doesn't want to talk to me

Alarm Force — refuse to honor cancellation of contract, customer service

We recently called and emailed Alarm Force to cancel our monitoring service as we are moving to a new home...

Calgary

Alarm Forcecustomer service

I just wanted to share my experience with this company. It happened last night. I got a call from there dispatch saying the living room sensor was set off and asked if they should send the guard. I naturally was concerned because this was the first time the alarm was going off while I was not home and asked for the guard. I was heading out of town and turned my car around arriving home 45 minutes later. I walked in the front door and was quite surprised the alarm was back on. I turned it off and went into the house to check things out. Everything seemed normal so I than proceeded to call there dispatch. I was told by the unfriendly employee that the guard hadn't been to the house yet (1 hour after the alarm was set off). I than insisted she call and find out when they guard was coming and I got the lame answer back I couldn't reach them. I insisted that it was un acceptable for it to be over an hour. She told me I had to talk to the customer service department in the morning. My wife called in the morning and was treated extremely unprofessional by the lady at the other end of the line and was passed through to a managers voicemail. I than decided to call and talk to them myself. I explained my situation and why I was not happy with them and the employee wouldn't answer directly any of my questions and kept differing the situation. I'm sure they were put through a course on how to deal with un happy customers differ the situation until they give up. At least that's what it seemed like. I eventually got put through to a managers voicemail as well. I actually got a call back which I was very surprised about. The manager treated the situation the exact same. I told her it was un acceptable for the guard to not be there after an hour. I mean the house could have been robbed multiple times in an hour and secondly they fact that it resets itself after 30 seconds is ridiculous as well. The whole point of the noise is to draw attention to the house from neighbors ect. My neighbor was outside at the time and said she was on her way over and than heard the alarm turn off and stopped because she thought we were home. I feel like I have been miss lead by this company. I'm paying $59.00 a month for a set of stickers and 30 seconds of noise If the alarm is even set off. There was also another time when I accidently set the alarm off only to get no response at all. I would suggest to anyone who is looking for an alarm not to consider this company. They tell you what you want to here to make the sale but as far as standing behind there product and service it is a complete wash in my opinion. I feel like I have been mislead and I don't have any peace of mind at all with this alarm. I asked for them to come pick up there equipment only to be told that I'm still on a contract for two more years. I understand what I signed but there not living up to there end of the contract and therefore it should be terminated. I'm willing to pay for peace of mind and I'm defiantly not getting it here. They argued that what I'm saying happened is completely normal and they have fulfilled there obligation. I think this needs to go to the better business bureau as well as the media. Just because your on a contract doesn't mean that they have the right to not live up to there end of the bargain and re nag on all of the things they told you. I hope this helps people make a decision when it comes to picking alarm company's.

Alarm Force — billing and harassment

I FIRST SET UP ALARM FORCE AT CHRISTMAS, SALES PERSON VERY PUSHY. I DID GET THE SYSTEM INSTALLED. EVERY MONTH...

Oshawa

AlarmForceShady business/stealing consumer's money

*****CONSUMER ALERT****** ALARMFORCE IS AN AWFUL COMPANY with VERY limited service locations (only about 13 cities in the entire United States) and poor customer service. Alarmforce is based in Canada. I agree will all of the previous complaints about this company. The equipment is "dollar store" quality, damages surfaces when removed, and the battery runs out within months. My husband is an educator and a USAF Reservist and I am a [protected]@-home mom. My husband got this service to protect his family while he was working. In his haste, I don't think he vetted this company at all prior to signing up. Even so, after almost a year with ALARMFORCE, the school my husband worked at was closed, leaving him without a job. My husband quickly found another job, but it was in another state (from Georgia to Michigan). Not thinking there would be a problem, we called them so they could monitor our new place. At which time, we were informed that Alarmforce does not offer service in Michigan. Hmmm, Michigan is a lot closer to Canada than Georgia, but ok. So, they tell us that since WE wish to cancel the contract, we are still responsible for the balance of the contract. No, that was not our intention, but since you all don't offer service where we now live, there has to be another option? No, ma'am, please return the equipment and you owe us $754.65 US dollars plus the amount of the equipment if you do not return it. So, after going round and round with a CSA who treated me like I was the village idiot, it was agreed that we would pay 60% of the contract and return the equipment. I returned the equipment, at least most of it. The sensors they installed on the doors must have been installed using some kind of space age adhesive because we could not get them off and my husband is a big strong guy). The equipment we were able to remove damaged the wall. All in all, I think if was 3 pieces we didn't return because we just couldn't get them off, but they charged us $267 for the equipment! Anyway, so I'm paying the amount agreed upon and I reach my last $55.96 payment when I get another bill for $250+. I call to see what the heck happened and I was told that because I didn't pay the entire amount in a lump some payment, the money (averaging $50/mo) I was paying, was only going toward monthly monitoring fees ($27.95)? Um, so why has the balance been decreasing every month up until I received this bill a few days ago? ALARMFORCE is playing games at my expense and I don't appreciate it. So if you like to be given the run around, to be spoken to like an idiot, to be relived of your money for substandard service/equipment, to be stuck with a company with EXTREMELY limited coverage, by all means, choose Alarmforce. All I can say is that this is another money hungry company that does REALLY bad shady business! Hopefully, they will go out of business and save us all some headache!

• agree. i have been with them for 14 years, now i need to move in a new home where my husband will be working from home. so we do not need the service. first time called the customer service, was told we could not cancel the contract and have to pay the balance of the contract months even we are not using it. also we heard the antomatice voice warning us the sensor battery is low when we disarm the system, so i called the technical department, asked about it, was treated very rude and asked to call back when i am home.don;t bother to answer any questions i have. this is my first experience called for help after with them all this years, finally realized how bad this company is. and no surprise saw the the complaints notes full of the board. now i feel like i am not alone. folks, please stay away from this company...

• Su
                            SurfSoCal Jul 16, 2014

Everything that has been said is exactly what we are experiencing. This company needs to have a criminal investigation done! I tried to find information about their corporate offices, ie address phone number and they refused to give that information ! I am not sure they are properly licensed to do business in the US. They won't give you info because suing them is very difficult because they are NOT a company doing business in the US. If ya refuse to pay they just turn you over to a US collection agency and they in turn with no restrictions put a collection notice on your credit report. They do not even have to have proof you legitimately owe the MONEY!
                            If any one starts any type of legal action please let me know I would be very happy to join any legal or criminal actions started.

• Js
                            jsteve Aug 07, 2015

Totally agree ... People need to know that this supplier is only focused on their monthly collection, once they get there business. Do not give them a void cheque, it will take you MONTHS to go through red tape to remove their equipment and stop the billing.
                            There equipment fails after a year and is hard to keep up with battery replacement. It will damage walls to remove.
                            I am going through very similar circumstance, where my ex wife now owns the home and has the equipment ready to return as she went to an alt supplier. Alarm force continued to bill my account for 4 months until I had to pay for a stop payment, even though the equipment was removed, in active and available for pickup. They now have collections involved and want to charge me $700+ for 8 year old equipment and missed months payments.
                            Word needs to get out not to use this company.
                            7 year customer with them and would never recommend nor ever use again.

AlarmForceHorrible Product

The cheap system does not work. The alarm goes off at random times for no reason and the technical support is no help at all. You can tell the system is in a refurbished state. Like many, I'm reporting them to BBB. Please go with a more reputable company if you're considering AlarmForce. They are a waste of money.

• Ol
                              Ola Sheppard Jun 02, 2015

I had a system installed 12-6-14-and that's the worst mistake I have ever made. I let the installer place a sensor on one interior door plus two sensors stop working and holes were left because the sensors where placed different places on the doors. I am always getting false low battery signals. SOOOO much money for junk. I cannot wait for my time to be up so I can return to the system that I had.

Alarmforce alarm service — Excessive charges and perptual billing

We had Alarmforce install service in prior home and then sold home. We asked Alarmforce to come out and...

Ancaster