Royal Holiday30 years vac

R

Hi there we purchase a vacation. For 30 years. Deal with royal holiday. They are a complete scam. I have paid an amount of money and not use anything yet. And still own them annual fee for what ????they never mention that on my interview with them. And on top I can't cancel. Why. I'm no happy with the lies. Now they give me a contract in spanish wish I don't understand I need a quick response to cancel. I have been talking to a Diana Elizabeth citlal Guzman she is not helping at all always hostigating me. I'm tired.

• La
    Larriele Jan 31, 2016

You can cancel. Read your contract. Point 9 specifically states “The Sales Agreement herein may be cancelled by the SELLER in the event that the PURCHASE would stop complying with the obligations arising herein and/r in the Operating Rules fo the Club attached.
    By reason of the foregoing, the PURCHASER accepts for all the payments made to remain to the benefit of the SELLER, to cover administrative or cancellation expenses generated to the SELLER and/or the CLUB.”

That's your out.

AS well, the United States Consumer Protection Act states: "Consumer Protection in the Unites States: An Overview:
    1. Direct Quote: “The FTC derives its consumer protection authority primarily from Section 5(a) of the FTC Act, which prohibits “unfair or deceptive acts or practices in or affecting commerce.”7 According to the FTC, deception occurs when there is a material representation, omission, or practice that is likely to mislead a consumer who is acting reasonably under the circumstances.”

And then there's : "...1. Section 2(3): It is the purpose of this Act to promote protection of consumers with respect to the:
    a. Safety, quality, purity, potency, healthfulness durability, performance, repair ability, effectiveness, truthfulness, dependability, availability, and cost of any real or personal property or tangible or intangible goods, services or credit;
    b. Section 2(3)(D): prevention f unfair or deceptive trade practices;
    c. Section 2(3)(E): maintenance of truthfulness and fairness in the advertising, promotion and sale by a producer, distributor, lender, retailer or other supplier of such property goods services and credit;
    d. Section 2(3)(G): protection of the legal rights and remedies of consumers;:"

You have a way out...let us know if this was helpful

Jane Fyre Davis Apr 18, 2016

My husband and I purchased a timeshare with RHC approximately 25 years ago when they were selling weeks. Through the years, actually every year, we were pressured and promised if we upgraded to red weeks we would have no problems in obtaining a reservation for wherever we wanted. It was a battle every year and every year a different scheme. We've upgraded and upgraded. From spending approximately $6000. initially to changing to points and then more points and now I am in it for about $30, 000. I am now a senior citizen and a widow. I no longer can travel and I cannot afford the yearly maintenance. Since my husband died 6 years ago I have tried various rip offs to just get released from my contract. As you all know, each time you upgrade your contract renews for another 30 years. I thought I had finally contacted someone in RHC customer service who was willing to help me. She told me to send her a copy of my passport, verification of income and doctor's statement and a letter to the directors requesting to be released from the contract and in 20 days or so the directors would have an answer for me. Up until this point this woman was so helpful and professional. She called when she said she would call and I grew to trust her. However, 20 days has turned into several months and she is not returning my calls or emails. Instead I am being called for non payment of my 2016 maintenance fee. I have received many harassing letters and phone calls asking me to call Mexico. Not one more penny to those dishonest people. Between the cost of the timeshare and all these years of paying ever increasing maintenance fees, I don't know where to turn for help. All I want is to be released from this contract for which they have been paid plenty over and over again. Does anyone have a suggestion?