Royal Caribbean Cruisespoor organization and overall attitudes on the ship

K Nov 18, 2019 Review updated:

My husband and I just returned from a 7 day cruise out of Galveston on the Liberty of the seas 11/10-11/17. We left the port 5 hours late ( not a big issue ). But my husband was surprising me with Champagne & Strawberries the 1st night. Since we were still in port they delivered the strawberries & not Champagne ( why would you not wait to deliver both together or give us the choice. ) The strawberries had an off putting flavor like kept open in a fridge so that was a waste of money overall. We left and un opended bottle of Champagne in the fridge. We have cruised with RC before on the Mariner of The Seas and loved everything which is why we chose to cruise again with RC. This cruise was nothing like the 1st experience we had. The intercome system in the room did not work so we had to go outside to hear what the Captain said. Getting off for excursions was so unorganized. People would get off the elevators which were at the front of a long line of people and just stay there not getting in line. no one there to direct or monitor what other guests were doing. The excursion in Roatan was delayed due to the protests which we know is not and RC problem but it was drizzling rain that morning and this was an RC booked excursion. We stood out in the rain and waited with our group. Soaked before it was decided we could move somewhere for cover? Really? no umberlla/tent/rain poncho ?And when getting off the boat on Sunday we requested A tickets to get off 1st. There should not have even been tickets given out. We were told A & B would be 1st to exit then C & D etc.. What actually happened was the 1st people to get to the staging areas were the 1st people to exit the boat? Why even give a choice of time if you do not follow through on the way it works. We would have gotten there earlier had we have known. Overall the food was good but alot of interaction with the employees not so much. Do not get me wrong Chef Robert, our waiter Janrie and a few others were great but the overall feeling on this ship was not the friendly and welcoming feeling we have received on other cruises. We have cruised Carnival & NCL before this cruise and because of the great people, organization and overall wonderful cruise we had on Mariner decided to stay with RC. After this trip we will 2nd guess that decision for sure.

Thanks
Kim Hogeboom
Room 1558

• C
      Nov 28, 2019

RCCL has become the joke of the industry and they just don't care. Customer service borders on first grade mentality even though that's not fair to first graders. Guest relations on the ship is even worse but nobody gives a damn. I just spent 17 days and 16 nights thru Panama canal and total lunacy. The room had noise from start to finish, sink fixtures had to be replaced, toilet boke (and fixed four hours later), took 8 hours to replace a shower light bulb because they could not find an electrician, sliding door froze halfway open. Security came to my room at 4 in the morning to take a video on why I was in hallway trying to get noise to stop. Managers/supervisors are never available for any reason. The food would not be fed to my dog as breakfast cold every morning and Windjammer manager agreed with me but nothing changed. Many trips to guest relations but, of course, English is not first language so that's why w don't understand your multiple complaints. Talking to customer service was insanity as, again, English not first language. Promises to call back never happened. But, the good news they offered 10% future cruise certificate and $100.00 onboard credit to each guest. I declined the wonderful offer. So after almost 30 years of loyalty, time to say goodbye. I hope others take my advice and leave you alone as you did to me.