Royal Caribbean Cruises Logo

Royal Caribbean Cruises

Having problems with Royal Caribbean Cruises?

Royal Caribbean Cruises reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 27, 2006. The latest review denied boarding was posted on Aug 26, 2021. The latest complaint poor service was resolved on Apr 15, 2013. Royal Caribbean Cruises has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 100 reviews. Royal Caribbean Cruises has resolved 21 complaints.

Royal Caribbean Cruises Customer Service Contacts

+1 305 341 0204 (International)
+1 800 256 6649 (Customer Service)
+1 954 628 9290 (Outside of the U.S.)
+1 800 521 8611 (Brochure Orders)
+1 844 278 9745 (Air2Sea Arrangements)
+1 800 398 9819 (Website Questions and Assistance)
+1 800 526 9723 (Crown & Anchor Team)
P.O. Box 026053
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Royal Caribbean Cruises Customer Service. Initial Royal Caribbean Cruises complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Royal Caribbean Cruises above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Royal Caribbean Cruises. Discuss the issues you have had with Royal Caribbean Cruises and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Royal Caribbean Cruises Complaints & Reviews, Page 5

Royal Caribbean Cruise Linesroyal caribbean passengers who did not check-in online or did not receive their travel docs before cruising

I was not notified in advance by Royal Caribbean before departing of the cruising limitations. California passengers who did not check-in online or who did not receive their travel documents before departing, thus checked-in at the port, please post or email, [protected]@gamil.coom, where you cruised from and if you received any other notifications of cruise limitations.

• Cr
      Cruise with Mike Jul 10, 2011

Dear Steve,
      As a Professional Cruise Planner I hear these types of stories much too often. First you should know that every cruise lines' contract of carriage call for Agencies being the responsible parties in their travel planning and advanced notifications. Unfortunately you chose to use an on-line agency that provided you will nothing but a booking means, got their commission and could care less. Royal Caribbean under their own policies and guidelines MUST adhere to the Client/Agency relationship. It's hard for novice travelers to always be up on what is required of them when traveling, but this should make it easy to see that in this case you would have avoided this situation by use of the Cruise Lines Directly, or an Agent who is someone you have an on-going relationship and can call directly on the phone for help. You should have at least be given better service when things went wrong, but then trying to get a toll free number to answer in a crisis, is a bad feeling I know. Bottom line everyone is that the Traveler is the responsible party to know what is required of you before you embark on any journey outside the confines of the continental U.S., so be sure it is someone you know, and someone you can trust (and call on for assistence) before plunking your money down. Sorry to hear of your experience.

• Ke
      keyname Mar 12, 2011

We had booked a Royal Caribbean cruise around South America thru Online Vacation Center, ship MARINER OF THE SEAS, leaving January 16, 2011 from Los Angeles, CA. When checking in we were informed that we needed a Visa for Brazil. It was the first time we heard about that requirement. We were given a choice: sailing to Monte Video and get off the ship there or not go on board at all.
      We agreed to get off in Monte Video and signed a paper that we would do that. Before boarding we called Online Vacation Center and left a message explaining our predicament asking to assist with flight arrangements home by cancelling and/or changing our flights for which we had paid earlier.
      After several (expensive) emails from the ship with negative response we finally got the ship's people to call and send emails, that helped. Online Vacation Center suggested to take the ferry from Monte Video to Buenos Aires, at our expense. They arranged for transport from the ferry terminal to a hotel and next day to the airport, and charged our credit card $2136.60 including $138.50 "reservation" charge.
      Online Vacation Center should have made us aware that a Visa for Brazil is required, they failed to do, and many other travellers faced the same dilemma. Not only was our trip cut short, it was extremely stressful to go thru the ships Front Desk over and over to get Online Vacation Center to work on our behalf. They finally did, but charged us dearly, $2136.50. They gave us a credit of $458 for not staying in a hotel in Sao Paulo and for not taking the city tour, but nothing for the flights with United Airlines we had paid before.
      We feel that Online Vacation Center is to blame for a ruined trip that was planned to be a pleasant life-time journey, and cost us additional big bucks .

Royal Caribbean Cruiseterrible cruise

We booked a cruise on Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Seas for our 25th wedding anniversary. The cruise left from Baltimore for a tour of New England and Canada in October 2010. This was my 4th curise and I wanted it special for my husband. This ship is anything but enchanting! It is an older ship with few ammentities.
    When our tickets had not arrived 5 days prior to departure, I contacted our travel agent and was informed that the "Seapass", which had to to be downloaded from the Royal Caribbean web site, was our ticket. There is no mention that this "Seapass" is the ticket and the web site stipulates where to mail the tickets. Since we had not downloaded the Seapass and mailed in the notice we did not have luggage tags. They did provide luggage tags at the port of Baltimore.
    The "Any Time Dining" is a joke. On the first evening we arrived at the dining room and I requested a table for 2. The waiter took us to a table for 6 and after dinner HE decided that since we all seemed to get along this would be our assigned table for 6:00 P.M. dining. One couple at our table ordered a bottle of wine. The wine steward poured the wine for my husband to taste. Not knowing that we had not ordered the bottle, my husband tasted the wine and when the wine steward tried to pour a glass for another female passenger, the mistake was apparent. Her husband had ordered the wine. I requested that another bottle of wine be provided to this couple. The wine never arrived.
    Every night we got into a line that reached back to the staterooms and waited. Even the bartenders could not understand what was wrong with the dining staff. The last night of the cruise we were advised that since we were assigned to a table we could have just walked into the dining room and taken a seat. This information came from a passenger not the crew.
    We ate in the Market Place, which is a cafeteria style restaurant. The food is a step up from college food. It would serve Royal Caribbean well to contact Golden Corral. At least Golden Corral has decent food. The powdered scrambled eggs, the stale bread and the coffee were horrible! The dining room was not much better, they are not serving gourmet food, not even close!
    The odor in our stateroom was like an outhouse. This was disturbing since we did not have a balcony and could not air out the room.
    The Bar Harbor adventure was a real adventure. The "Compass" gave a location for departure via tender. Noone was there. After walking around the ship, four staircases were crowded with people trying to exit the ship. A passenger advised that 2 tenders were being used and one had mechanical problems. I observed the crew trying to lower 2 more tenders that got hung up in the riggings. This was very upsetting since these tenders are really life boats. If we had a real emergency 450 people would be left on board the ship. The passengers on the ship were mostly elderly and infirmed with wheelchairs and walkers.
    The return cruise was extremely rough (not Royal Caribbean's fault) as a nor'easter was heading up the eastern coast. I was apprehensive since the crew was having problems with the life boats.
    It was extremely cold and windy in Bar Harbor and when we arrived at the bus for a carriage ride through Acadia National Park we were told that the bus would not load for another 15 minutes. The bus sat there with the engine running while we stood in the cold waiting.
    The stateroom staff and the bartenders were very efficient. They did an excellent job. The dining room staff and the cruise director (where was she?) were terrible. McDonald's gives better service. Except for the "Compass" there was no communication with the passengers. And the information in this newsletter was usually wrong!
    I contacted Customer Relations via email when we returned from the cruise. A polite email was received thanking them for my letter. This cruise line needs a major overhaul of staff and real training.
    I will never book another cruise on Royal Caribbean!

Royal Caribbean — terrible customer service

My mother-in-law purchased a cruise vacation for 7 family members, spanning 4 generations (4 of whom include...

Royal Caribbean Cruisesdenied boarding

11 days prior to sailing RCCL contacts our family to say that they are not going to allow our son to go on cruise because of a policy violation from a prior cruise last summer. My son is age 25 and was involved in a altercation on a prior cruise. While we felt the other party was the instigator both parties were held equally to blame. The situation is done and over and in the past and now 8 months later just days before departure they cancel our entire Christmas vacation.

Our entire family has been loyal 20 year customers -and are at Diamond level and they call us today ruining our entire Christmas Holiday after everything is paid, airfare is non refundable. If this was such a concern then why were we not informed when we booked cruise... they have our loyalty numbers attached to everything and every record.

While I have serious issue with their decision after 19 cruises with never a problem and over $90, 000 paid to RCCL that they make a rash decision that my adult son is not suitable for cruising with them.

My children have grown up with this cruise line and they just throw 20 years of loyalty out the window...The other real issue is waiting until we have no way to make other holiday plans, losing our non refundable airfare and mistreating some of their most loyal customers in such a way that would shame any reaonable company who wants and depends on loyalty.

This is an absolute travesty of customer service and loyalty ... One small incident in 19 cruises and they hold it against us... we are so hurt and saddened by this very poor judgement on the part of RCCL.

To say we will never sail with RCCL is a gross understatement. For the rest of lives we wil speak negatively about this experience and do all we can to disuade others from ever using this cruise line.

CUSTOMER LOYALTY MEANS NOTHING TO THEM

• Lm
          LMAO Dec 10, 2010

I agree wtih psuguy and dawniette. Leave your son at home, enroll him in Fight Club, and you go enjoy the cruise with the rest of the family. It's his fault, he should never be allowed on the cruise again.

"they make a rash decision that my adult son is not suitable for cruising with them. " -- if he is 25 now, your son was also an adult last year yet he still made the poor choice of getting into a fight.

Royal Caribbean — Unresponsiveness in providing medical data

After undergoing medical treatment, onboard RCI Radiance of the Seas, I requested a a copy of the medical...

Royal Caribbean Cruise Line — jerry dunn rev# 0767316 & pauline dunn rev# 1282887 - sail date-oct. 9, 2010 to oct 16, 2010

From: Jerry T. & Pauline Dunn 2205 King Malcolm Lane Zebulon, NC 27597 Contact Phone# [protected]- cell...

Royal Carribeanexplorer of seas

On December 2009, we cruised on Explorer of the seas, with our 5 year old son. All in all the ship was great, with many activities. In general, lines for embarkation, and to get off of the ship for excursions were disorganized, and seemed to take long compared to Carnival. We missed an excursion, due to following the cruise line's instruction as to where to drop our child for day care in haiti. As we waited an hour in line, then were going to get on the tender boat with the child as told to do, we were instructed to go to the end of the line, as the child could not board. I told the personel that this is what we were told to do. Take the tender to haiti and drop him off at the on Island daycare, then go to the parasailing. I returned to their excursion desk where i had recieved the original incorrect information. the same man was working there. I told him to fix the problem since he was the one that misinformed us. He first stated that he never spoke to me before and basically called me a liar. Then after 45 mins arguing, our parasail money was at least refunded. The next day, we had an am excursion planned. The daycare was supposed to be open by 830 am. We got there and it was closed. Again i marched to the desk, and argued once again, that we would miss our next excursion. They could not reschedule us, as the excursion only left at that time, so I relentlessly argued until they did accomodate and open the daycare for my child. There was not enough sitting room in lunch and breakfast area. we could never find a seat, and there i stood trying to hold two trays and hand feed my child. We tried ordering room service which in general took about 2 hours and was soggy or cold. Many people were vomitting all over the ship. our ship had the Norovirus. A lady vommitted under a bathroom stall and it went onto my son's shoes. By some luck, we did not get the illness. Other than the disorganization with the excursions, we did have an enjoyable cruise, with great service in every other department on board. The food in main dining was exceptional. our room was clean and they made special animals for our son out of towels every night. most staff members new my son's name by heart. After all of my complaints at the excursions desk, they did give my a 20$ on board credit for my troubles. HAHA.

• Ly
            Lyn Becroft Mar 07, 2010

Recently we travelled with the above company on a cruise to Vietnam and Sanya. Sanya was our last port of call. We booked ourselves on one of the tours that the ship was offering and this tour was for the duration of 5 hours. Unfortunately we did not get to take this tour and most of our day was spent sitting on the ship to disembark and then lining up to go through Immigration and then sitting on the coach only to be told that we did not have enough time to do the tour. We were certainly disappointed. A meeting was had with a representative for Royal Carribean and the passengers who informed us that he would get back to us with some resolution. As at to-date this has not occurred and we would like some response. Looking forward to hearing from you.

• Ka
            katelyn10111111111111 Jan 05, 2010

its just not cool never again will we use there cruises

Royal Caribbean Legend Of The Seasextremely poor customer service

"without prejudice".

Ask 288 customers about the extremely poor customer service and customer experience on the Legend of the Seas between 20- 25 February 2010. Basically the Hotel Director and senior staff ignore customers' representations, provide no resolution to valid customer issues and provide misleading information. They do not deliver on what they promise to do and they do not answer emails at all. This is my personal opinion.

Watch this space for more information from other disgruntled Royal Caribbean International customers .

• Pa
              PATRICIA STAMPER Mar 04, 2010

TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS COMMENT ORGANISATION WAS NIL

• Pa
              PATRICIA STAMPER Mar 04, 2010

I WHOLE HEARTEDLY AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT, WE LOST ONE FIFTH OF OUR FIRST WEEK'S CRUISE AND GOT NO COMPENSATION AT ALL THE FAULT WAS DISORGANISATION AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL AND AS THIS WRITER STATES NO FEEDBACK FROM MANAGEMENT ONLY 'PASSING THE BUCK' WHEN ASKED WHY THIS PORT WAS IN THE ITINERY THE SENIOR PERSON ON BOARD STATED THAT 'THE CRUISE WAS NOT SELLING THEREFORE WE ADDED THIS PORT'!!! THEY BAITED THE HOOK AND WE WHERE CAUGHT. STILL WAITING FOR AN ANSWER FROM ROYAL CARIBBEAN .

Royal Caribbean International — bad christmas cruise

I’ve been fortunate to enjoy many fine traveling experiences in my lifetime, but my experience aboard...

Royal Caribbean Cruise Linesdon't use

After retired, my family and I planned the trip of a lifetime, a Mediterranean cruise. We booked through Royal Caribbean since we had enjoyed cruising with them in the past. All flights, hotels, and the cruise, were booked through the cruise line. Things did not start out well. Our flight was cancelled and we missed the sailing of the ship.

We spent two days in airports, sleeping in chairs or on the terminal floor, while we tried to connect to the ship. We finally caught up to the ship, however, we were exhausted, and and in need of a shower! We had missed two days of the cruise and pre planned shore excursions.

Since all travel had been booked through the cruise line, I hold them somewhat responsible for the air travel fiasco, as well as the cruise. Other things that happened were: continuous problems with the plumbing in our cabin, a bus on one of our tours breaking down, and the French authorities not allowing us to land due to swine flue concerns.

Royal Caribbean's response was to say they were sorry and give us credit for the cruising we had missed, although I believe they shorted us on the credit. Although they did apologize, they did not acknowledge any responsibility for any of our misfortune. I will not use this cruise line, or any of it's subsidiaries again.

Really? May 08, 2010

So if I understand this correctly...

It's Royal Caribbean's fault your flight was cancelled? Since when do they fly?

It's Royal Caribbean's fault that French authorities prevented your arrival due to swine flu? I didn't know a cruise company had this kind of power!

Whatever...

Royal Caribbeancruise to haiti

I just wanted to post my feelings about Royal Caribbean sending cruises to Haiti. Is it just me or does it sound like this cruise company only cares about the money they can make for themselves? With how many people are injured and continue to die, Royal Caribbean should be sending cruise ships full of aid supplies rather than snotty tourists. I'm a Marine veteran and while I was in Iraq we completed many humanitarian missions, which is why this makes me sick. How can you ignore the realities of the world you live in, and continue like nothing ever happened?

Really? May 08, 2010

Great suggestion Sue280!

Let make matters worse by also ruining their already fragile economy. I mean why not...Theirr homes and businesses are gone, let's take away jobs too.

You are entitled to your opinion because this is America and brave Marines like the OP are here to protect you. But in my opinion you couldn't be more wrong on this issue.

Have a nice day.

sue280 May 03, 2010

I agree it is an absolute disgrace that they continue to send cruises to Haiti. They are just one of many that exploits that Haitian people. One of their " donations" they delivered on a cruise in Feb. was a load of used mattresses. The people lost the roofs over their heads, did they really think mattresses would be on the top of their wish list? I guess if you are capable of lying on a beach knowing hundreds are dying about 70 miles away you'll have a great time. Just remember its only a fence separating you from thousands of desperate people so you may want to rethink that. I would never go to Haiti on a cruise, I would never support the corrupt goverment and I have always supported aid to the people from our church. They have nothing before the earthquake and its beyond comprehension how bad it is now and it is not appropriate to send cruises there as it's just greed on the part of the cruiseline. And it IS HAITI! So many think Labadee is a completely separate entity, it is NOT you are IN Haiti! I cruise all the time but refuse to support corrupt goverments that starve their own people. I had the laugh the other day as someone said oh but Royal Caribbean gives the poor people all the left over food from the BBQ on the beach. Yeah that's real generous, lets give them the left overs and used mattresses! Do you know Royal Caribbean takes a cut from the vendors they ALLOW in to sell their things? Yeah, real generous! Boycott the cruises going to Haiti, send a clear message that you will not be part of exploiting the people who are at the mercy of their goverment.

• Mr
                  mrmark Jan 22, 2010

First off, what makes you so high and mighty compared to those “snotty tourists” you know so much of? Maybe you should get down off your pedestal and review the facts.
                  While Royal Caribbean is still cruising to Haiti, CEO Adam Goldstein is prepared to donate one million dollars to the relief fund (which is actually more than some countries such as New Zealand, Greece, The Russian Federation, and many others) as well as donating supplies for each ship that docks. Royal Caribbean has also set up a system for their passengers to donate via their ship credit. This may be just an opinion; however I feel that after visiting that country, passengers will not be that reluctant to donate money.
                  One must also consider economics. Tourism is a vessel of cash flow that must be appreciated by many Haitians, especially in these dark times. What good would stripping a source of income for the island do during times of tragedy? The fact is your average “snotty tourist” is not exploring the destroyed nation on a servant driven chariot, holding a glass of scotch in one hand with his nose up in the air, praying to every major and minor deity he could think of that no one beneath him will engage a conversation. As someone who has been on a cruise and has been to Haiti could contest, you go to the beach, buy wooden and stone souvenirs and appreciate the beauty of the island. I truly cannot understand what makes you so sick, the idea of charity?
                  I am also not naïve. I do not think that the Royal Caribbean corporation has solely decided to continue to go to Haiti in order to aid the little island nation. However that being stated, there is nothing wrong with symbiosis: The cruise line is able to continue to dock at Haiti and in turn provides the nation with aid. I may be wrong, but out of all of the activists and individuals who believe the Cruise ships are not being respectful of tragedy, how many of them speak for the Haitian people or government? If the nation that experienced the disaster wished the ships not return for a period of time, I believe they would be able to discover a legal way.

Royal Caribbeanrude service

I can't tell you how disappointed I am with Royal Caribbean and Oasis of the Seas. From start to finish this cruise was a disaster in the making. I don't blame my travel agency (Ready Set Go Travel), they did everything in their power to help correct all the problems I experienced on board.

Where do I start? The ship is a small city. Gone are the personal touches. Gifts ordered by both ourselves and our travel agent were NOT received (yet Royal Caribbean had BOTH orders on record).

Our cabin attendant didn't clean. Our beds sheets were NEVER changed. I intentionally placed an ink mark on the sheet. In 7 days the sheet was NEVER changed.

Rude passengers everywhere. Forget "My Time Dining" more like when we can seat you dining.

Horrible ports. The ship is simply too big. It's fiasco from the minute you board. This is a case of bigger is NOT better and I will NOT return to Royal Caribbean after the rude, uncaring service I received.

I spend a lot of money booking two to three cruises each year. This is my LAST time with Royal Caribbean or any related cruise line.

• Sv
                    sviviano Jul 07, 2010

wow, I am very sorry to hear this. I always thought it was a good line, such a large boat and all. Crazy stuff. I found a helpful page here,
                    They have some lists of cruise lines and a few suggestions and tips when planning a cruise, hope it helps, and your next cruise is more enjoyable than this one. Take care and come see us in the Caribbean!

sue280 May 03, 2010

It's not the first similar type complaint I've heard about the Oasis and I also know many of the crew are not happy either. There is such a thing as too big and unfortunately that is what the Oasis is.

Really? Dec 29, 2009

I was wondering what the reviews of a 6, 000 person ship would be like.

Royal Caribbean — robbed

The Voyagers of the Seas is a beautiful cruise ship, but be for warmed it is very dangerous, especially for...

Royal Caribbean Cruise Alinelost all luggage

My husband and I have cruised for over 10 yrs. We have a trip 4/11/09-4/18/09, we checked luggage at port of Miami, watched them tag it, and put correct room# on, bag's, 3 of them. Never saw them again, we cruised 7 days, nothing, no clothes, toiletries, shoes or cameras. Royal gave us a $200.00 voucher for their online shop, (after 2days)have you ever shopped on board, we purchased 2 bathing suits 1 T-Shirt apiece. There does that $200.00, cancelled excusions, had no long pants or sneakers, can't attend formal, was told "NOT ALLOWED IN EATING INSIDE WITHOUT, SHORTS OR LONG PANTS, ..it was a total waste of $3500.00, plus airfare. Royal stated they ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LUGGAGE AT PIER, THEY DO NOT HIRE, THEM...BUT WAIT..they sure are responsible since they outsorted the job. Long story short ending, they had me spend 5 days itemizing all the items, item description, approx.date purchased, approx. cost. so I did typed it and mailed it. YOU KNOW ALL ALONG ROYAL KNEW THEY WOULD ONLY REPAY $600.00, TOTAL TO US. MY LUGGAGE AND TOILETRIES COST THAT MUCH...WHAT A TERRIBLE HORRIBLE COMPANY THIS IS AND I WILL SEND AS MANY EMAILS AS I CAN ABOUT THIS, AND HOPE NO ONE EVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THIS AGAIN...YOU TALK ABOUT '''''''NO, NOT ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE, '''''HANDS DOWN ROYAL SHOULD GO OUT OF BUSINESS, AND STOCKHOLDERS SHOULD BE AWARE OF THEIR PORR UNFRIENDLY, UNCARING, RUDE WAY OF HANDLING THIS SIUTATION, SO BASICALLY WE WASTED OVER AIRFARE AND CRUISE, $4, 000.00, I SPEND DAYS TO COMPLETE THE FORM KNOWING NO MATTER WHAT I WAS ONLY GETTING A MAX. OF $600. FOR BOTH OF US...BEWARE PEOPLE, THEY ARE A SORRY EXCUSE OF CRUISING AND CUSTOMER SERVICE...TERRIBLE..I AM STILL CONTACTING PEOPLE. BUT, YOU ALL MUST READ THE ARTICLE, WHERE '''ROYAL CARIBBEAN BANS COUPLE FROM SAILING DUE TO COMPLAINING""" READ IT..TERRIBLE.

• tylerjfrost92 Apr 02, 2011

You know, I bet they look for the expensive looking bags and steal them. And sell them. That is what it sounds like to me. IDK.

• Lu
                      lucille pelletier Apr 02, 2011

Royal Carribean a perdu les bagages de ma compagne de voyage entre le port de Valparaiso (Chili) et l'aéroport de Santiago, le 19 déc. 2010. Ils n'ont jamais répondu aux nombreux courriels qu'elle leur a envoyé, ni à la lettre enregistrée. Aucun accusé-réception, jamais. Aucune excuse, aucune explication, aucune nouvelle de la valise, aucun dédommagement. Nous ne voyagerons plus jamais avec cette compagnie.

• Ro
                      royalcaribbeanfails Mar 09, 2011

THIS COMPANY HAD NOTHING ELSE TO SAY WHEN I SENT LETTERS TO MANY SHAREHOLDERS, BOARD MEMEBER, ORGANIZATION FOR ROYAL, NOOTHING, AND STILL AS YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN MY LUGGAGE AND WAS GIVEN NOT EVEN ENOUGH TO COVER ONE SMALL BAG.

• Me
                      mellyube311 Jun 25, 2009

I agree with you completely. I scheduled the tour in Venice, Italy for 10 days for 8 people, 8 people !!! That's a lot of business. Somehow, my luggage was the only one that disappeared.

I did all of that you mention in your complaint, They lost my luggage too in venice, Italy, and then told me they were looking for it everywhere. I watched them tag it and off it went in the port. They had me fill out an itemized form with everything, and then when I got back to miami (my hometown), they said I had to talk to the miami branch and fill out the itemized form AGAIN.

Here's the best part. I fill out a complaint stating the luggage that they lost was my favorite Coach luggage (a really nice bag) and with everything that was in it, it cost me approx. $ 600.00. I wait, and wait, and wait (after around 3 MONTHS) I see a check in the mail, for $ 116.00?!!!

If I would've known that they would only pay me $ 116.00, I would probably not spend so much money doing all that work, and spent it more on getting a lawyer. One thing is for sure, I will never never travel with ROYAL CARRIBEAN again. And I travel A LOT. and I will tell anyone who would listen that they lose your luggage and then they don't pay hardly anything. Ridiculous company, will NEVER NEVER NEVER deal with them again. THey absolutely don't know what customer service is.

Royal Caribbean — horrible customer service

Royal Caribbean Cruise Line- Reprehensible customer service! Shame on Royal Caribbean! My family has been...

Royal Caribbean Internationaltoxic fumes

We booked a cruise directly with RCI, instead we ended up in a reconditioning/construction zone. Imagine being on a cruise ship, for a well-needed vacation, that you paid good money for, and you end up being in TOXIC FUMES for approximately 7 days of your cruise. We went through paint scraping, painting (marine-based paint), tearing down of walls, putting up walls with SPRAYED ON GLUE (maintenance workers wore respirators), the tearing up and putting down rugs in our entire stateroom area! All this with NO FANS and NO VENTILATION.

We all had dull headaches, flu-like symtoms, not to mention we were all cranky.

Areas were closed off, we constantly had to use the elevators to go up and down to cross over mid-ship.

The fumes were in the hallways, elevators, our stateroom area, even the dining area!

AND WE PAID FOR THIS!!!

Royal Caribbean — royal caribbean victim

Save your vacation, run screaming from RCL. On Royal Caribbean, you are vacationing cattle, held captive to...

Royal Caribbean — Awful experience!

My wife and I wanted to see the Mediterranean area as a nice second anniversary trip. In the past, we have...

Royal Caribbeanbad customer service

Buyer Beware applies here. I just got back from a Caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas. It was barely 'okay' because after spending a lot of money for the cruise we got on board only to find that so many things cost extra like juice at lunch, the arcade, yoga classes, and band-aids. (They wanted 50 cents for a band-aid.) All these extra costs ruined the rest of the cruise, and they don't care! The food was okay but there really wasn't a lot to do on the largest cruise ship in the world. My suggestion: go when it's cheap or don't go at all! Spend your money on a trip to Grand Cayman or Kauai where you're not at the mercy of other people! If you do go on a cruise surf the net for complaints like this one.

• Gr
                          Grandmabee1o1 Apr 25, 2011

My first RCI cruise was on the Granduer in 1998 (It was my fifth cruise) Our only complaint was a glitch with one of our boys cards. He couldn't buy anything. They took care of that - No Problems. I have since been on 7 more cruises with various family members and groups up to 44 people) Five of them on RCI, Voyager, Explorer 2 times, Adventure, and Freedom. I have no complaints!! On recommendations by our travel agent for a last minute cruise, we sailed on Princess' Crown Princess. My husband and I just got back four weeks ago tomorrow. We are going back to RCI for a cruise on the Oasis next october with our large group, who warned us not to stray.
                          Princess was just not up to the standards of RCI, In service and ESPECIALLY in cleanliness!!! They did upgrade us to a mini sweet at the last minute. This was nice as it was our 37th wedding aniversary!!
                          As for the complaint about all the little thing they charge for on the cruises, My first sailing was in 1988 and as far as I can remember, it has always been this way.
                          My best recommendation is for people to book a balcony cabin!!
                          Five of our first six were inside cabins or promenade cabins. I have too save a little longer, but it is definately worth the extra money!!!
                          We are CRUISE LOVERS we will go as many times as we can. We may try another line occasionally, but RCI to date is the top of the line as far as we are concerned!!!
                          Grandma B

sue280 May 03, 2010

Yes, there are many extras you can buy on a cruise but the choice is up to you to buy them. You can go on a cruise and not spend a penney more if you choose or you can spend thousands more on alcohol, internet, excursions, shopping, specialty dining venues, etc. It's your choice and I agree they do tell you up front, soda and alcohol is not included and juice is only included during breakfast hours. As for the bandaid it's no secret medical costs on any ship are a fortune and we always carry first aid kits to have the basics like baidaids and OTC meds just like we would on a land vacation. A hospital on land would charge your insurance company 5.00 for the same baidaid so .50 is a bargain! All cruiselines offer brochures, ticket contracts, etc. explaining all the details about a cruise. People need to take the time to read these things before they book a cruise so they know what to expect to avoid unpleasant surprises.

• Ha
                          hayoufail May 29, 2009

I agree that there will always be extra costs on a cruise ship. I have been on the Rhapsody and had a blast. Everyone is told up front about extra costs, I am especially glad that the booze isn't free or the ship would be overflowing with drunks. So what if soda isn't free. I'm more concerned about seeing the world and spending time with friends and family.

• Et
                          E. Taylor Oct 31, 2008

We have been on the Freedom twice and we LOVED the ship, the crew and the excursions. Any vacation is what you make of it. Of course, we spent most of our time on the Flow Rider and at the adult pool. There is always something to do and they tell you UP FRONT that you have to pay for juice, cokes and booze. We have already booked a cruise for the new ship, the Oasis and can't wait. I recommend the Freedom to all my friends and family. As a matter of fact, it was because of our videos and pictures from our first cruise last year that our friends went with us this year and throughout the entire trip, they kept thanking us for inviting them along and telling us how much fun they were having.

Royal Caribbean Cruise Linesthe lens was cracked during the fall

Cruise on Serenade of the Seas
                        October 29, 2006 - November 11, 2006
                        Departing San Diego and arriving in San Juan

When we arrived at Aruba on November 10 and proceeded to leave the ship to go ashore I fell on the ship's gangway. The last section of the ramp, before the stairs, did not have any traction material on it and I slipped once I stepped on it. I fell backwards landing flat on my back with my camera under my right shoulder. Little did I realize that one of my camera lenses broke as a result of the fall until later that day when I attempted to use my camera. The lens in question, a Sigma 28-70 F2.8 EX, was cracked during the fall. My camera and lenses were packed in a Lowe Pro camera bag which helped to minimize the damage that occurred otherwise it could have been much worse.

I filed a personal loss report once I got back on board and was assured that the paperwork would be forwarded to Miami ASAP and that I should call on Monday to ensure it had arrived.

I called RCCL's head office on Monday (Nov 13) and was asked to fax all of the documentation including the original sales receipt for the lens which I did. I called back the following Monday (Nov 20) to get a status update and was advised that my file didn't contain any comments.

I waited for 2 more weeks and then called back again on Dec 4. I was able to speak to an agent and this time I was told that a package had been mailed out to me. When I asked what date the package was sent the agent replied "at the end of November". I said that I would wait for another week or two and if I did not receive anything by then I would be calling back. To date I have not received any package from Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines.

I called back on Monday, December 18, and was able to speak to an agent and was advised that Betty, a risk agent, was looking after my claim and was transferred to her extension and left a message asking her to call me with a status update.

I called back on Wednesday, December 20, and spoke with a customer service agent and was advised that the agent handling my claim no longer worked for the company. I called their HR department and explained the situation and asked to speak to a supervisor and was directed to Pamela. I left Pamela several messages and the original agent, Glenda Serrano, to call me back and haven't heard a word.

On Thursday, December 21, I called Royal Caribbean again and let the call transfer to the switchboard. I asked to speak to Betty and was advised that she no longer worked for the company. I explained to the operator that I had made a damage claim and was advised that Betty was assigned to my case. The operator said she was mistaken and transferred me to Betty's extension and had to leave her a message.

I have left numerous messages for Glenda, Betty and Pamela asking to be called back with a status update and these requests seem to fall on deaf ears.

On Thursday, December 21 Betty called me back and asked me how I got her name. I explained to her how I was given her name and Betty advised me that she wasn’t looking after my claim and that Glenda Serrano was the agent who is handling my claim. Betty said that Glenda was in a meeting and that she would pass on my message and ask Glenda to call me. Unfortunately Glenda didn’t return my call so I still don’t know what my claim status is.

• Mu
                            mukesh dobhal Apr 02, 2019

Hello sir my name is mukesh .I am a Indian boy who
                            wants to work in a cruise ship because it's my dream job and I try all the sit's but there is no response about any job for me and finally i have to send the mail you sir
                            i have complete all the process in career sit but still i did not get a chance .
                            thank you.reply me on [email protected]

• Al
                            alex farias Sep 20, 2018

I just recently found out on August 22th our trip on Sept 3rd on Allure of the Seas has changed, not due to any weather related issues. But being told due to speed restrictions. Reservation # 8068703 .We chose this trip since we have never been to St. Kitts or St. Thomas. Now we find out...

• Ni
                            nick mercante Sep 02, 2018

sailed 11/30 out of Baltimore

several people sick

7 am to midnight at naassa (why)

room refrigerator not stocked

• Wi
                            Withheld Sep 22, 2008

So you fell down, and that the cruise lines fault?

I bet you are voting for Obama.