Royal Caribbean Cruisesdeluxe beverage package for pregnant woman

E Nov 05, 2018

I'm booked on the cruise from 12/09/18-12/16/18 with Royal Caribbean. I'm currently 4months pregnant and can't consume alcohol. We were trying to purchase a drink package only for my husband but the system didn't let us do that. I called and explained the situation. The representative told me that there is new rule they have: alcohol package have to be purchased by all members over 18 years old travelling together. I asked to escalate the situation but the only solution was offered is to purchase non alcohol package for me and alcohol package for my husband. Extra cost for our family of $216. I explained that I don't want the package since I would rather spend money on excursions there then buying a water and soda. But they didn't let me do that. I asked for the manager and call was transferred to escalation department. After 15 minutes on the phone with Kevin (ID number 14611), he said he can't make an exception to this new rule. I said that I feel obligated to purchase something that I don't need and I feel they are violated my rights as a customer in my condition. But he said I can go ahead an submit a complaint. That the worst customer service I ever had. And I didn't even get on the ship yet. I need an explanation in writing from the company on they way I was treated.