Roxio 9 SuiteInstall CDs damaged!

G

I bought Roxio 9 Suite. The product would not install. Since I do hardware / software support for a living I checked all possible issues that might cause the problem outside of the CDs just being damaged. Nothing worked so I put in a ticket with Roxio support. They sent me back a procedure which sometimes works to install old (Pre 98) products but I tried the instruction twice anyway. I let Roxio know their procedure didn't work. Seven months later I still didn't get a reply so I decided to copy all of the files on both CDs one by one to a hard drive. It's well known in the hardware repair world that there is the possibility that one out of 10 tries at copying a file may be successful even when the CD is damaged. Three hours later I finally got the final file copied. The install from the copied files on the hard drive worked find. As any hardware technician knows this means the CDs are damaged (probably the CDFS sector). I told Roxio about this and they said if I could copy anything off the CD that proved the CD was ok. They then disconnected the chat. My advice to everyone from now on is don't pay for any product made by Roxio / Sonic unless your purchase is somehow protected.

• Si
    Silver Rock Apr 02, 2009

I bought Roxio My DVD 9 and it's causing all kinds of problems and conflicts with many things in my HP running Windows XP Media. No CD playing or burning program will even open now. I keep getting this internal error code 2330.1392 etc something to do with a Sonic file. It won't install the file, it says something is missing, so I tried to remove it from Add/Remove programs. It won't allow me to remove it, so I tried to over write it from the Roxio CD. It asks me for the CD code numbers which I can't find anywhere in or on the box, or the CD. Since I can't find the certificate # to over write My DVD 9 can anyone help or tell me how to get this awe full product out of my computer?