Roxio 9 Suite — Install CDs damaged!
I bought Roxio 9 Suite. The product would not install. Since I do hardware / software support for a living I checked all possible issues that might cause the problem outside of the CDs just being damaged. Nothing worked so I put in a ticket with Roxio support. They sent me back a procedure which sometimes works to install old (Pre 98) products but I tried the instruction twice anyway. I let Roxio know their procedure didn't work. Seven months later I still didn't get a reply so I decided to copy all of the files on both CDs one by one to a hard drive. It's well known in the hardware repair world that there is the possibility that one out of 10 tries at copying a file may be successful even when the CD is damaged. Three hours later I finally got the final file copied. The install from the copied files on the hard drive worked find. As any hardware technician knows this means the CDs are damaged (probably the CDFS sector). I told Roxio about this and they said if I could copy anything off the CD that proved the CD was ok. They then disconnected the chat. My advice to everyone from now on is don't pay for any product made by Roxio / Sonic unless your purchase is somehow protected.
More Roxio 9 Suite Complaints & Reviews
- Roxio Easy VHS to DVD - No Video Signal
- Roxio - Fraud and cheating
- Roxio - Fraud alert
- Roxio - LOUSY PRODUCT AND SUPPORT
- Rovi/CinemaNow/RoxioNow - Fraudulent Debit Card Charges
- Roxio easy LP to MP3 - Product did not come with a Product Key # can' find a way to get help with aaaaaproduct Key so that I can install spend 2 hours trying
- Roxio / Sonic CinePlayer surround 3.2 RX2 - The software does not work, horrible support!
- Roxio - Charged for three items. One delivered
- Roxio / Toast - Obsolete Retail Product On Shelves
- Roxio - toast 18 pro