Route ConsultantUnethical broker issues

B Apr 15, 2020

As per the complaints below, I find legitimacy in the argument that Spencer Patton is more likely than not unethical with regards to his brokerage business. I used Spencer/route consultants as my consulting group to decide if getting into the business was appropriate. Conflict 1. Representing yourself as a consultant pitching FedEx, while at the same time pitching your brokerage services. Conflict 2. Representing yourself as the broker and escrow agent. During my use of Spencer as a broker, he misrepresented the the data of the routes I offered to buy. When I tried to terminate and or renegotiate, he said I had to deal with the seller (what kind of broker are you Spencer Patton besides a scam artist). He now unethically is holding onto "escrow $" without an escrow agreement in place to contractually support this. Yes, I would be remiss to not warn any potential individual looking for a broker or consultant, to consider twice before using this firm. I have been patient with Spencer Patton but he has proven to cross boundaries and violate business principles that we as consumers trust in.

RESOLVED

This issue has been resolved. I am in the process of having the complaint removed from this forum. In the meantime I will post the following. - After weeks of communication only from Routes legal advisor, Spencer Patton reached out to me by phone and we discussed the issues at hand. - My discussions allowed me to appreciate that there are always two sides and that any breakdown in communication can cause an escalation of negative reaction and resulting action that is not always the intended outcome. - It is possible (not saying that this is what happened as its only my opinion/assumptions) that maybe Routes attorney offered guidance on stopping all communication and this is in fact what caused a domino affect of negative reactions. Most of us have been in business long enough to realize that while attorneys feel they are protecting us, they in fact can make matters worse by blocking communication under the guise of "good legal advice". Once Mr Patton and I were able to communicate again, I was satisfied with the discussions. - I do believe Mr Patton has good intentions and hopefully will not allow council to come between parties that have otherwise proven to be able to communicate effectively.