Menu
Payne Richards & Associates Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Payne Richards & Associates
reviews & complaints

www.prclaims.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

2.8 18 Reviews

Payne Richards & Associates Complaints Summary

1 Resolved
3 Unresolved
Our verdict: When using services from Payne Richards & Associates with a poor resolution rate, be vigilant. Understand the common pitfalls other customers have faced. Prepare thoroughly for any interactions with their customer service, and consider alternative solutions if your issues are not addressed satisfactorily.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Payne Richards & Associates has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Payne Richards & Associates. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Payne Richards & Associates reviews & complaints 18

Filter reviews by rating
7 reviews
7 reviews
Sort by:

Newest Payne Richards & Associates reviews & complaints

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Payne Richards & Associates I've been waiting since January for this refund check

I've been waiting since January for this refund check. I still as of today July 29, 2022, I have not received any communication from Payne R. I called sometime in March to follow up. I was told to wait; they send the checks in some kind order. No follow up from Payne R. I'm assuming from this request for feedback, that, a check has been mailed. Please provide me a tracking number so I can follow up. John R

Read full review of Payne Richards & Associates and 4 comments
4 comments
P
P
P. Jones
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They say they are a "legit company," and are private detectives. Clearly they aren't because a simple search would show they party they have been trying to reach has been dead...FOR S DECADE! Of course every time I try to call their office is closed.

G
G
G. Corkery
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Payne Richards did a great job recovering money that otherwise would have been lost to me and at a very fair price. Thanks to the staff who assisted me, I sincerely appreciate your good work!

L. Erdman

A. Littel
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Payne Richard,provided excellent customer service. All responses were prompt and professional. The agency process was as expected. The delay was because of the funds needed to get released from the state. Thanks so much for the services and for helping us out.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Payne Richards & Associates I was more than astonished when the firm of Payne Richards & Associates reached out to me concerning this escrow account from the sale of and

I was more than astonished when the firm of Payne Richards & Associates reached out to me concerning this escrow account from the sale of and unfortunate loss of my childhood home back in 1998! They're fantastic! The care and concern they showed me was exceptional. And, they really used recovery experts who found me over a decade later! Impressive to say the least and I'll be forever extremely grateful to them and there agency.

Read full review of Payne Richards & Associates and 3 comments
3 comments
C. Ratke
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I was told it would take at least 6 months but we got the claim check within 3 weeks or less. That was outstanding. It is ok if I have to pay some fee but worth it.

S. Turcotte
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wendy did an amazing job locating some loss tax refund. Fast and honest

S. Fay
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am extremely happy to have used this company for the retrieval of monies due to me. It was so easy and hassle free. I would like to say a big thank you to the professional staff who assisted me.

Payne Richards & Associates Throw the letter they sent you in the trash

Throw the letter they sent you in the trash. I was informed that I had unclaimed property and they would "assist" me in recovering it for a small fee. So in a moment of stupidity I filled out the form and returned it. All they did was send me the blank form to recover money from my states Treasurer's Office. It cost me $305.00 to fill out a form I could have printed myself. Lesson learned, don't take short cuts, it will cost you.

Read full review of Payne Richards & Associates and 2 comments
2 comments
M. Brakus
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Totally satisfied with the services provided. I did nothing but fill our and return the paperwork sent and received my check. Thank you for your service.

M. Durgan
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I was skeptical when I received their letter, but after speaking to them on the phone was reassured. My money arrived in the timeframe they promised. Very happy to receive much needed "forgotten money"!

Is Payne Richards & Associates legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's detailed analysis reveals Payne Richards & Associates as encompassing serious risks, firmly establishing it as lacking legitimacy. This evaluation serves as a strong caution to potential customers to avoid any business with Payne Richards & Associates, thereby safeguarding their personal and financial interests.

Payne Richards & Associates earns 11% level of Trustworthiness

Serious Risk Warning: Complaints Board's evaluation of Payne Richards & Associates shows a critical trust level at 11%. Avoid for personal and financial safety.

Exercise caution when using prclaims.com as it may have lower quality content or a poor user experience, leading to fewer visitors and lower traffic.

Payne Richards & Associates protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Payne Richards & Associates has received 7 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.
  • Prclaims.com has a valid SSL certificate, while Scammers can obtain a valid SSL certificate by using fake information or by using a stolen or hijacked domain. In some cases, they may even use a certificate issued to another legitimate website.
  • Several positive reviews for Payne Richards & Associates have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.
  • Adult content may be available on prclaims.com. It is important to be aware of potential risks and to use caution when accessing or engaging with such content.
D
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Payne Richards & Associates I have paid my invoice amount and it has almost been A YEAR since I sent all in

I have paid my invoice amount and it has almost been A YEAR since I sent all in . This should not take this long Even with Covid 19 pandemic as all is electronic process if these claims are being processed efficiently . I also am not able to get intouch with anyone except a recorded line . This company Needs a Answering service or an employee to answer calls from their Home office during This pandemic . I mailed all my information Sept . 08,2019.

Read full review of Payne Richards & Associates and 4 comments
4 comments
A. Langworth
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Excellent results and great service thank you again. No problems.

L. Cormier
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

It was great they found my money I forgot I had and that they reached out to me . It took a long time to receive my check .

L. Wilkinson
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They are a bunch of con men. They tricked me into going to a copy shop to get them a copy of my license and went through the hassle of getting an email from an old utility provider and they gave me nothing at all for my wasted time

J. D'Amore
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I got a letter from this company Payne Richards saying that I had money due to me being held by the state of ***. I was skeptical to say the least... I even looked it up myself at the states website but could not find it. I googled and researched Payne Richards and the only complaint I found was people didn't want to pay a finders fee for their own money. Well, If I had not gotten that letter I would never have known aprox $1700 was sitting there waiting for me to find it. I paid aprox. 10% finders fee. I am so happy they contacted me. MORE then happy to pay a finders fee for their efforts to find me. Thank you Payne Richards and Associates your services are very much appreciated

Payne Richards & Associates I had no idea that I had the money owed to me

I had no idea that I had the money owed to me. I thought I did a good job tracking my finances so I was skeptical when they contacted me. Filing was quick and easy. It took quite a while to finally get the check. It might have been 2 months, maybe a little longer. I'm guessing it was the state bureaucracy that was slow. I paid Payne Richards & Associates about a month after I cashed the check. The whole process was easy & hassle free. I really appreciate Payne Richards & Associates.

Payne Richards & Associates Shady business practices

Shady business practices. Not illegal, just unethical. They send unsolicited letters to people telling them they have unclaimed property. This is true. But they want to charge you a fee for retrieving your money for you which is hilarious. You can easily google search "unclaimed property [the state you live in]" and use the state website to claim your property for free. Super easy to just upload any required documents. Meanwhile these guys are profiting off of your ignorance. Disgusting.

Payne Richards & Associates This company is a scam

This company is a scam,. I submitted a claim through find Mass money, and was trying to go directly through the government website. Then a few months later I get a letter from them saying I owe them 10% for getting me the money. I don't remember ever agreeing to this, and I never would have intentionally. I'm guessing they must have sent a deceptive letter that looked like it was in regards to my Find Mass money claim. Super shady, and obviously from the reviews on here, scamming is their M.O.

E
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Payne Richards & Associates After finding out I had money in the State Unclaimed Property department I received a letter saying that Payne Richards & Associates had my

After finding out I had money in the State Unclaimed Property department I received a letter saying that Payne Richards & Associates had my money and would give it back to me if I paid them a percentage of it. They had NO RIGHT to take my money for any reason. Luckily I started the process with the State and they were unable to get it. They said they had my money but they didn't I have the papers to prove it. A blatant LIE! This is an awful business. PR&A should be stopped and companies like this should not exist.

D
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Payne Richards & Associates Upon receiving their initial letter of 'found money' I was skeptical

Upon receiving their initial letter of 'found money' I was skeptical. I did some Online research and was satisfied that the company was 'legit' and had good reviews with the public and ComplaintsBoard.com. I submitted my claim for them to move forward. Several weeks later I received a check from the Texas Comptrollers office. I immediately went online and made payment to Payne Richards & Associates for the agreed amount. I would recommend this company and process to anyone. I am very satisfied - received money I did not know I had coming and their fee is small. ***.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Payne Richards & Associates This company found me over $500 and I only paid them a fee of $77 to get it

This company found me over $500 and I only paid them a fee of $77 to get it. Since I wouldn't have known about this money otherwise I was very happy to get this from them. I had no issues at all. I received their invoice but had not yet received my check. I emailed and they got back to me right away saying they would put a note on my account so it wouldn't be marked late. I received the check the next day so I emailed back and let them know. She was very helpful and returned all emails in less than 24 hours. I was very impressed with the professionalism of this company.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Payne Richards & Associates If you are in Texas and you receive a letter from Payne, Richards and Associates regarding a claim for unclaimed property, do not contact or

If you are in Texas and you receive a letter from Payne, Richards and Associates regarding a claim for unclaimed property, do not contact or reply to this company. Do like I did and go to https://claimittexas.org. This website will let you know if you have any unclaimed money in any county in the state of Texas. Payne, Richards and Associates takes advantage of this public information and charges people to retrieve their money. This is something you can do for free. I confirmed my claim with the Texas Comptroller last week and received a check in the mail a few days ago. Why pay someone when you can do it for free.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Payne Richards & Associates I got a letter from this company Payne Richards saying that I had money due to me being held by the state of ***

Payne Richards & Associates They've delivered twice for me

They've delivered twice for me...as promised, and on schedule. The success fees they've earned are the easiest commissions I've ever paid, since it is all "found" money. In my opinion, their fees are very reasonable inasmuch as they locate the money in the first place, then do all the work to recover it, while you sit back and collect a check on money you'd never otherwise even known existed. They are a very reputable firm I'd recommend to anybody. They do exactly as they say, with no upfront costs or risk to you. One fellow at this site left a negative review. I am a former news investigator, and I am very skeptical of his review. For anyone who knows how this process works, it doesn't take much reading between-the-lines to realize that the real "scammer" was likely the complainer. After Payne Richards & Associates notified him of the availability of funds, he probably decided to try to recover the money himself and cut-out the middle man. That's just plain old-fashioned greed. He would have likely never known about the money in the first place without Payne Richards & Associates. Payne Richards & Associates is a company with whom I have never had anything but good experience -- twice! :o)

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Payne Richards & Associates These guys are legit, but you don't need to pay them to get your money back

These guys are legit, but you don't need to pay them to get your money back. I'd actually like to thank them for the letter since it reminded me of an online savings account I'd forgotten about. The money in the online savings account was turned over to some entity because of inactivity on the account. Their letter clearly showed the bank's name which jogged my memory and prompted me to call the bank before signing the included contract. Fortunately, I have not changed my phone number for years and the bank was able to send me a text message to confirm my identity and now I'm waiting for their abandoned property department to call me back to return the money I'd left for years in an online savings account. I believe Payne Richards & Associates is legit and they are simply searching public records of abandoned property in hopes of getting some additional business. Sure, I could have signed their form and contracted them to return my money for a fee of 15% of the funds recovered, but I was 1) fortunate enough to recall the online savings account, 2) very lucky not to have changed my mobile number and 3) willing to spend a few minutes to call the bank before signing the Payne Richards & Associates contract. In the end, I believe the firm would have recovered my funds and by signing the contract they sent, I'd be granting them permission to speak with the bank on my behalf. If you can't figure out why you've received the letter and/or cannot recover the funds yourself through any one of a number of methods which are free (some of which have been mentioned in reviews on this site), I believe Payne Richards & Associates will recover your funds albeit for a hefty fee. But, hey, I'd rather get 85% of my money as opposed to none of it., right?

Replied
Payne Richards & Associates has left an official reply on this complaint.

Payne Richards & Associates Payne Richards & Associates, without my approval / permission, withdrew Unclaimed Funds from the State of Texas and is not holding the funds

Payne Richards & Associates, without my approval / permission, withdrew Unclaimed Funds from the State of Texas and is not holding the funds hostage for a fee.

Read full review of Payne Richards & Associates and 2 comments

2 comments
M. Leannon
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Payne and Asdociates a business in California wrote me that they have money owed me and will get it for me. Tjey want to charge 15% of the amount. Thank god I have a famiky member who told me how to search for this with my State PA. And whatvtake like 2 minutes to do. 6600 they wanted to take 15% of 6600. What a deceptive predatory business they are. I want no further contact and want them to cease and desist all supposed official paperwork. I will get my oen money for free wuthout their deceptive practices.

A. Ziemann
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Right before Covid-19 disrupted our country (Feb 27, 2020) I received a letter from Payne Richards & Associates claiming I had leftover monies from an old HSA account waiting for my collection. To receive funds and legitimize the process, they required the paperwork to be notarized; which I did and mailed on March 3. After calling, contacting through website and email, I have yet to receive any response or recover the monies. My claim ID is *** for the amount of $500.27.

E
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Payne Richards & Associates Payne Richards and Associates sent me an invoice for $41.55 stating they helped me recover an unclaimed property for $415.57 I did not use their

Payne Richards and Associates sent me an invoice for $41.55 stating they helped me recover an unclaimed property for $415.57 I did not use their services to file my claim and this was verified through claimittexas.org, where I filed the claim. Paynes is continuing to send invoices to us stating due amt. This company is frudulantly sending invoices and taking advantage of persons that may just pay anyway.

Read full review of Payne Richards & Associates and 1 comment
1 comment
B. Emmerich

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Payne Richards & Associates Right before Covid-19 disrupted our country (Feb 27, 2020) I received a letter from Payne Richards & Associates claiming I had leftover monies

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Payne Richards & Associates Payne and Asdociates a business in California wrote me that they have money owed me and will get it for me

Payne Richards & Associates Customer Reviews Overview

Payne Richards & Associates, also known as PR Claims, has received a significantly positive reception from clients and industry experts alike. This company has established itself as a leader in the insurance claims industry, and it has garnered widespread praise for its expertise, commitment, and professionalism.

Many clients have reported that PR Claims provided them with exceptional service, and that their claims were settled quickly and efficiently. These clients have also appreciated the transparency and communication demonstrated by the company, which helped them stay informed throughout the claims process.

Industry experts have praised PR Claims for its high standards of quality, professionalism, and ethical operation. These experts recognize the skills and expertise of the company's staff, and their ability to handle complex claims with ease.

Overall, PR Claims has received excellent reviews across the board. Clients and industry experts alike have attested to the company's expertise, professionalism, and commitment to providing exceptional service.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Payne Richards & Associates contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Payne Richards & Associates?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Payne Richards & Associates Customer Service. Initial Payne Richards & Associates complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Payne Richards & Associates above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Payne Richards & Associates. Discuss the issues you have had with Payne Richards & Associates and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.