Rochester Furniturebad service and no refund received

O

On the 27th of April 2017 me and my sister paid a deposit of R4000. for a loigne suite at Rochester in Rustenburg. We both paid R2000.00 using our debit cards. Edwin (the salesman) promised that the delivery will take place within a week and they will contact us. We waited and decided to call them after two weeks and they promised that delivery will be done before the end of the following week.
After a week, we called the store and requested to speak to Karen the Manager & she was very rude to us. She told us it is nlot their fault because they were changing sytems and that caused delays in delivery of goods to customers.

We went to the store with my sister to cancel the contract and requested a refund of our deposit. In addition, we requested Ewin to email us a scanned copy to show that the deal has been cancelled. Ewin told us that Karen (Store Manager) must sign the form first & he will email it to us the following day. He told us that it will take 30 working dayds for us to get our refund as it can only be reversed by their head office.

We waited fot the refund and my sister contacted the her bank Capitec on the 08th of June 2017 and they were able to reverse her R2000.00 deposit without any delays. I trired to reverse mine with my bank Absa and they told me to send proof that the contract/deal has been cancelled.

On the 16th of June 2017 I sent en email to Rochester Rusternburg requesting them to email me copy of cancelled contract and Edwin replied that he will provide feedback regarding deposit on the 17th of June. I have not received proof of cancellation and my refunf. I have been sending enails to Edwin and he is not responding. Please assist urgently and reverse my deposit before I take further steps.

Obakeng Dipho-Mangwane