Having problems with RitzCamera?

114 Tived Lane East
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

untrustworthy

Not a very honest company, I must confess. I ordered two times from them only because their products are perfect, but because of their customer service, my second time was the last one.
Same happened for the first time as well, so I thought that it wasn't by chance, they are just like this and not going to improve anything. So they immediately charged me and provided no confirmation, no tracking number, no order information (such as a delivery date, at least. NOTHING AT ALL). I desperately need a camera I ordered, but no one could tell me when it was about to arrive.

I have a terrible experience with RitzCamera

I have a terrible experience with this site! I have purchased a camera from them as a Christmas present and paid extra for fast shipping. They were supposed to deliver my order within two days but shipped it to the wrong address and I have no idea when will I get it. RitzCamera customer service said that they have a lot of orders and I'm not the only one who has this problem. I actually don't care how many orders they have, I am a customer and I paid for my item and I want it now! I hope I'll get my camera till Christmas and I will not buy from them again!

• Fa
    faheem iqbal Mar 09, 2017

I love capturing moments and love sharing them, I am professional photographer and camera are really my first love.Panasonic Lumix GH5 camera which is very exciting and right now people say its best camera within a price range...http://www.panasoniclumixgh5.com

Resolved Ritzcamera lying

I ordered a canon 6D camera from Ritzcamera and they ship me canon power shot SX510 HS. The merchant told me they don't sell this camera but when I checked ritz camera.com I saw the same camera on their website. I'm glad I took a picture of that camera they sent me before I send them back to Ritzcamera. I called my bank today which is the card I used to purchased this camera and I was told that there was a bag of Sand inside the package which I did not know about until today and my bank told me there wa no camera returned. If that's the issue why ritz camera told me they don't sell the camera that was returned. My question is why ritz camera told me they don't sell the camera that was returned and why they told my bank there was no camera was returned only sand bag. And my main thing is I have the picture of the brand new camera they send me still brand new in the box. I can send you a picture of this camera they send me. Ritz camera even asked me to give them my credit card number so they can charge me for the camera to be returned back to me. And now they are saying there was no camera was returned. So from this statement ritz is totally lying about the whole thing. No wonder why they are filing for bankruptcy. And last of all I just wonder why my bank did not trust me after all the picture I sent them.. I just to get that at all. I mean if you go to ritz camera website you can see this camera they send me. I'm not making this up because I took a picture of this camera they sent me before it was returned..
This the camera they send me.. Warning don't buy anything from Ritzcamera.com

Ritzcamera lying

Resolved Customer Service

Have done business with Ritz Camera online for quite some time and always had prompt service. This time my order has no tracking information after 8 business days. Called the customer service number [protected] and continually get hung up on before getting to a rep. Tried their "Online Chat", sent me to some guy names Gary Joseph who gave me the standard "Hi Joyce Fuller, welcome to Ritz Camera live chat"...and then nothing, sent several "Hello?" "Are you there" messages after 7 minutes still nothing. Tried again and got "your session has ended". I will not be doing business with Ritz Camera online again. Poor customer service is not acceptable in today's world.

Ritz Camera and Image (brick and mortar store) is NOT ritzcamera.com

JoshT79 Jun 19, 2011

Stop shopping online, pay your sales tax and we may survive this economic slump. You want customer service go into a store and talk to a customer service rep. That's what you pay for at a store.

Ordering lies

I am a us military member and i was so excited to order my new GPS for my motorcycle at a great price (order #2687104 and # 1110556) The web site said it was "In Stock" so after i ordered it i recieved a email saying there was a pronlem with my order and asked me to please call to correct the matter and thats what i did . I was still excited about my order becouse the email only listed 3 possable problems which i new i could fix over the phone. So i called tslked to a man with thick accent and thus is when my excitment was shattered. After giving him my information then put in hold for 5 min the man comes back on the phone and says ".Sorry the company has discontinued this item? Bam ! I voudnt believe it whst a major disspointment. You would think you would not offer it and also list it as "IN Stock" if it wasnt available . To make thinks twice as bad i ordered it agsin from anither so cslled company called boaters world and it turns out you guys are all the same companyWow how stupid and disapointed am i! Extremly!! So this is what im going to do tommorow Monday Dec 13 2010 im going to contact the military exchange and ask them to shut you guys down from there web site. Im also going to post as many hate maiks on every forum i csn find about ritz camera scam. I am also going to send the president of rirz camera a certified letter explsing why you shoudnt treat the us military like this getting peoples hopes up and dlsming the door in there face. My contact email is gregg.[protected]@yahoo.com If you would like to correct this issue but i really hsve doughts that a giant company like Ritz gives a ### about obe us military customer thanks Merry Christmas.

Enlargement

Yesterday I took a 35mm filmstrip to Ritz Camera for a Photographic enlargement. Today when I picked up the...

Resolved Terrible

I stopped in the Ritz Camera store in the Charleston Town Center to look at several cameras. I usually buy my...

Resolved Terrable Service

!!! Consumer Beware !!!

Bought a band pass box on december 22 from ebay. It was supposed to be shipped as soon as the payment was made. One week later I checked to see why I have not received my product. When checking there website with my order number it stated it has not been shipped yet. I deceided to talk to a rep to try to figure out what happened. After talking to the rep I figured out nothing at all they told me it was being shipped from a warehouse and they had no shipping information or estimated date. This went on for two months. The customer service was compleatly useless and I will never buy another product from this company.

Resolved Refund Complaint

We purchased a Nikon D5000 with extra VR 55-200 lense for $900+. We were told we had 10 days to return the camera if we were dissatisfied and would receive full refund, however, the camera and accessories would have to be put away as neatly as when purchased and we did this. We paid $549 with our debit card and $360 cash. We tried out the camera and decided we wanted to go more Pro. We took the camera back to Ritz Camera in Frankfort, IL, everything perfectly intact. They put our money back on our debit card (will be there in a few days) but our $360 cash was not returned. Their policy is:
They sent a request to their Corporate Head Office in Maryland to have your 'cash' refunded by check. You have to wait 10 - 15 business days ~ atleast 3 weeks ~ (if all goes well) to get a check from their Corporate Office in Maryland. So, if you buy cash from Ritz Camera, be prepared not to see your money for nearly a month if you return it. So, we left the store without our full refund, unlike what we were told when we bought the camera (that we would receive a full refund if we return the camera within 10 days).

We will 'never' ever ever do business with Ritz Camera again. They did NOT tell us they would keep our cash. Bad service!!! Buyer Beware!!!

JoshT79 Jun 19, 2011

Get a retail job for a year. Then you will understand, a store only has so much cash at any one time. This type of company is not a "chain" and does not have separate bank accounts for each store. All banking is done at a central bank in the companies home state. There is a lot of advantage to this type of company, like the same price at all stores, unlike a chain like McDonalds that has different prices based on the owners discretion. It is unfortunate that you had to deal with this delay in your refund and the associate should have told you to read the receipt, however you got the check and it's over. If you had gone to any other store they may have given you your cash back that day but it would have been less 15% in restocking fees...
    Why did you not just upgrade at the store? Ritz carries the D300, D700, D2x, D3, ect...

Resolved BAD BAD SERVICE

I ordered a clearance cell phone on 10/31/09. They charged my paypal account for the item. Then they said that the shipping information was not correct. Then they said that my credit card number was incorrect. I finally cancelled the order and tried to place it without any "live operator assistance". The order went through. I then received a phone saying that my card information was incorrect.

Ritz Camera uses foriegn workers to answer their calls. They do not speak english well and they refuse to get a supervisor on the phone. Always an excuse. I will never order another item from this company. Who knows if Ill ever receive this phone.

Ritz Camera and Image (brick and mortar store) is NOT ritzcamera.com

Resolved Bad Business Practice

3.5 weeks ago, gave them 75.00 to splice broker reel of tape. Was promised it would be ready in two week...

Resolved Product return, and product condition

Considering the purchase of a nice more upscale Digital Camera, well if you are DON'T use RitzCamera.com for any purchase. No only will you probably fine that the product is not what you expected, but their customer service and order tracking capabilities are among the worst in the business.

I made the mistake of ordering a CASIO 12.0 PX camera from them, out of their Clearance based on the excellent price. This is almost a $400 dollar digital camera, for $199.00, in line with outhers in that same general range.

OK make sure you read their FINE PRINT about any clearance product, it is not anywhere on the make web pages, until you get to the product and it is under their LARGE BOLD CLEARANCE banner about the great price. There is MUCH smaller letters and easily missed is the notification that not only are these DEMO products, or even returns, but they could be missing parts, or not have the right part.

HOWEVER, Ritz also says they stand by their products. Yes until you try and return them.

It tool 4 calls, two of which the CS agents had a difficult time with English, and wanted me to give them another $209, and they would refund the first charge when the non working camera was returend.

They will give you their "corporate number" whcih by the way is the same as their "CS number" same music and all, and you will get their CS manager. Not a very nice person, who has yet to do what she promised.

Bottom line is I am out $209, am sending this back, (oh RitzCamera.com issued me a 9.95 credit like that will end my compaint) I have notified the Attorney General in PA and the BBB (who rates them as a (B-) and I will get my money.

Stay clear of Ritz Camera.

• Kc
    kcollins1 Jan 25, 2010

I put in a 3% off all purchases coupon code on their website. The 3% was taken off my order, but shortly after I got a confirmation email without the 3% coupon being applied. I called customer service to complain and was assured that I would get the price originally quoted. A couple of days later, my credit card is charged the full price. So I did a live chat, followed by a call to customer service. I found out there was no record of my first converation where they assured me the price I would be charged. These people are unhelpful and rude. So I called back again to cancel my order which they said they would do. Today I get my shipment notification. I called back again. I spoke to someone in the US this time. He said he had no doubt what I saw at checkout, but the coupon code is no longer valid and that I would have to refuse the delivery. I will never order from them again.

AngryGumball Apr 28, 2010

Ordered a motherboard using their online chat. I wanted a real person on the other end to make double-sure the item was in stock. I asked the person twice if it was in stock and when it would ship. He left (supposedly to validate his answer) and returned to tell me that it was in stock and if he took the order instead of just sending me to the web site that he could ensure it was shipped that same day.

One week later I still have not received the item. I call "customer service" and they indicate the item has not shipped.
    Me - "When will it ship."
    Dan - "I don't know. I can escalate and get you an ETA."
    Me - "How long will that take?"
    Dan - "24-48 hours"
    Me - "You've had a week to put this thing in a box and now you're telling me it will take another day or two just to tell me WHEN you think you can put it in a box?"
    Me - "Connect me to someone who can be of more help"
    <click> - Dan hung up on me...
    I call back
    Me - "Paul, I want to speak with Dan, he just hung up on me."
    Paul - "Dan left for the day. Can I help you"
    Me - "Dan hung up and left in the middle of a customer call?"
    Paul - "How can I help help you."
    Me - "I ordered this item a week ago and it still hasn't shipped. I want a refund."
    Paul - "I'll escalate and cancel the order."
    Me - "How long will that take?"
    Paul - "24-48 hours"
    Me - "So it only takes over a week to ship something you have in stock, but it only takes 24-48 hours to cancel an order and issue a refund? I think I see the problem with your business model."

Bottom line - they never had the item and they lied to me from the beginning.
    Customer "support" was worthless.

Jamesa_complaint Sep 10, 2010

Absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with. They took 2 weeks longer than estimated to begin the shipment of my item. I tried for a week before the item was shipped to get them to cancel. STAY AWAY

Resolved Awful quality product

I bought a new Canon digital camera on the 'net from Ritz Camera, on December 5, 2006 for our son. When he opened it Christmas morning, it would not turn on. We tried everything! I have two digital cameras myself and we did everything I know, plus everything in the 'trouble-shooting' section of the manual. It simply does not work.

I called Ritz Camera at the number they have on the website to ask if I could return the camera to my local Ritz Camera store. I was told: (1) not only could I NOT return it to a store (since 'the Ritz Camera on the internet is not connected to the stores', but (2) I could not return it at all since they have a policy to accept returns of digital cameras only for ten days after purchase.

I explained that this was a Christmas gift and naturally had not been opened until Christmas! So sorry, the young man replied.

So I went back to the 'net and looked up their return policy, and it is as the guy said it was. But first of all, they should tell you that, since 10 days is an uncommonly short period for a return, especially if it must by by mail/delivery service. Second, most businesses expand their return period to account for Christmas gifts. Third, the claim that they are not connected with the stores ('a different business, ma'am'), why do they have the 'store locator' function on their website, which leads you to your local Ritz Camera store.

I wish to return this non-functioning camera and receive a refund on my credit card. No one should be required to keep a new item that does not work.

JoshT79 Jun 19, 2011

P.S. Don't hate the store that sold a product that was defective from the manufacture.

Resolved Ripped off

My wife asked me for a christmas list. I asked her for a Nikon D700 and a number of lenses. It was a dream...

Resolved Scam

I placed an order for a Nikon D90 Kit on the RitzCamera.com site to take advantage of a 10% off offer when paying with Paypal. I placed the order and completed the payment with Paypal. I received a confirmation email from Paypal indicating the payment had been made and it listed the proper amount reflecting the 10% discount. I then received a confirmation email from RitzCamera.com but it listed the full amount without the 10% discount. I figured that just may be the way their system works so I did not question the amount.

A few days later I tried to check the order status on the Ritz Camera website using the order number that I had received in the confirmation email. The website did not recognize the order number. I used the online chat to customer service to see if there was a problem with the order. I was assured that the order was processing and it would ship "soon".

Today I received a call from Ritz Camera telling me that there was a problem with my order. They told me that Paypal had denied my payment and that I could complete the order using another form of payment. I told them that I did not want to do this since I made the order to take advantage of the 10% discount. The caller told me that there was no discount on my order and that I needed to make a payment of the full amount using another method if I wanted the order to ship. The 10% Paypal discount ended on Jan 1.

I insisted that the order was made before the end of Dec 31 and I had a printed confirmation screen that indicated the discounted amount. They would not budge, insisting that I had to pay the full amount. I told them to forget about it and cancel the order.

I am not sure if this problem is the result of incompetence or unethical behavior on the part of Ritz Camera but it does not matter. I do not want to deal with them again in either case. I am still working with Paypal to find out if they actually sent money to Ritz Camera. The transaction is still listed in my account at Paypal.

• Ga
    Galina Dec 09, 2008

First of all their ad indicated that all of their stores were opening at 6 am. The Uptowne Store was not open at 8 and when the clerk arrived she locked the door and would not answer it. I called another store and they told me they had what I wanted. I drove there, they didn't but ordered it for me 2 hours they called me and told me they were not authorized to order it for me. They sent me to another store. They didn't have it. I then called another store. They said they had it. I drove there. They filled out paperwork and then informed me I wasn't qualified for the phone. No one at any of the other stores told me this would ever be an issue. They all knew I had a phone because I had given them my previous phone number and SS #. They would not do anything to waive requirements or make exceptions. I spent about 7 hours on this process. I don't beleive they ever intended to sell me the phone.

Resolved Bad service

I bought a Nikon D40x earlier this year from Ritz. Ritz will try to charge you $114 to send a lens to Nikon...

Resolved No recourse for unacceptable work

Dropped off digitized artwork with Wolf Camera for processing by Benjamin Studios to create a portrait of my great-grandfather. Although they were supposed to get back to me within 72 hours, I didn't hear from them for a month. When I called Wolf they bounced me to Benjamin Studios who claimed to have not received the order. Subsequently BS "found" the order and produced a proof of the artwork which I told them was unacceptable because the reproduced image did not resemble the original.

I asked for a refund and was told that I was not due one because they had performed according to the contract I signed. When I read the fine print in detail I saw that I had agreed to pay for whatever they delivered whether it was acceptable or not.

I figured "no problem, I can always file a dispute with Visa". Boy was I wrong. Visa will not accept a dispute because of the terms and conditions on the receipt I signed so my only resolution is to accept a portrait that does not resemble the one I gave them to work from.

• Be
    Benjamin Nowak May 30, 2008

I am the owner of Benjamin Studios. Upon finding this complaint- I immediately responded, via this website, to "Larry" within two days of his posting offering my cell phone number for him to call and discuss his dissatisfaction. No call yet after a week. I'll update with status once I speak with him.