Having problems with Adorama?

Adorama reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 18, 2007. The latest review Return was posted on Jun 9, 2021. The latest complaint trade in practices are fraudulent and sleazy was resolved on Jul 28, 2018. Adorama has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 39 reviews. Adorama has resolved 21 complaints.

Adorama Customer Service Contacts

800 815 0702 (Customer Service)
+1 212 741 0063 (NYC Retail Store)
+1 212 741 0466 (Customer Service)
42 West 18th Street (Between 5th & 6th Ave.'s)
New York, New York

Toll-Free: 800 815 0702
Fax: +1 212 645 4533

Photo Lab / AdoramaPix.com
Toll-Free: 888 216 6400

Federal Government/GSA Sales (Purchase orders)
Toll-Free: 888 209 5558
Fax: +1 212 741 1027

Education (Purchase orders)
Toll-Free: 888 582 2500
Fax: +1 212 741 9087

State and Local Government (Purchase orders)
Toll-Free: 888 582 2500

Verification Department
Fax: +1 212 741 0467

All other inquires
Toll-Free: 800 223 2500

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Adorama Customer Service. Initial Adorama complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Adorama above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Adorama. Discuss the issues you have had with Adorama and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Adorama Complaints & Reviews

AdoramaReturn

They robbed me out of +$300 and I returned everything in genuine packaging andvnew condution.
I can't wait to close this account today and cancel the card.
P.S. the first time they robbed me, they said i didn't include the cleaning kit! Now i know!
I am a man of integrity!:(
I can't believe that a company is allowed to scam honest working people like this

Return

• Adorama's response · Jun 09, 2021

Hi,

I was sorry to see your review here regarding your most recent order. I would welcome an opportunity to look into this. If you have a moment, can you please email me your order details? You can email me at [email protected] I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
      Nancy Miller
      Adorama CS Ambassador

• Updated by the toothfairy · Jun 09, 2021

I have since looked into the matter with a customer representative who knew what they were talking about!
      The emIl i was sent, seemed like i was going to loose more then $300!
      It is now ok, and i can't remove this complaint unfortunately?
      Please have your customer support be more specific in their corfespondance!

AdoramaDidn't receive the delivery and refund yet.

I was ordered a camera and lens from Adorama on 2nd April 2021. Initially the delivery was showing on 8th April 8th and then to 11th April. But nothing happened.
    I have contacted Fedex and as per them they received an empty box and so the shipment stays in their Memphis branch.
    I raise this complaint to Adorama on 12th April. I am doing the followup everyday but no response rather than asking to wait another two days.

AdoramaBeware! Do not buy from Adorama!

NEVER RECEIVED MY ORDER!! DO NOT BUY FROM ADORAMA

I bought a lens from Adorama 25 days ago. UPS tracking said it would be delivered around 8:30pm. Since it is a valuable item, I decided to wait for itat my door. They never delivered it.

Next day I get an email from Adorama saying my lens was delivered. I checked UPS tracking and it shows it was delivered.

I think it was misdelivered, since UPS has misdelivered items from other people to my house. They have even misdelivered my orders, my neighbors knocked at my door saying my package was left at their door.

I contacted Adorama, they opened an investigation with UPS, and asked me to wait for 10 business days.

I thought: "they will find out they misdelivered my package."

20 days later they emailed me saying "UPS says you package was delivered. But as you haven't received your package, we will reopen an investigation and please allow 10 more business days. Please contact UPS so they know how frustrated you are."

I naively contacted UPS and they said "We can only give that information to the shipper, contact them".

HORRIBLE!!! They sent me the runaround putting all the blame on UPS. I don't care about UPS, I am not UPS customer, I am an Adorama customer! I paid Adorama, they should be liable for my order!

All the emails and chats are copy/paste messages. Chat support is clearly outsourced in some asian country. I could easily tell, their spelling is horrible!

It is the worse customer service! I want a refund to buy that lense somewhere else! Otherwise I will start legal actions.

I will post my review in all the sites I can, make youtube videos, and anything to warn people not to buy from them. I won't let Adorama rip me off!

AdoramaReturn from adorama for a drone

I returned a drone to Adorama well within my 30 days. I used an ups label that they sent me. UPS has misplaced or lost the package. Ive contacted UPS and Adorama didn't declare the value and also they are still looking for the package. It has been three months. With Adorama telling me to call back every 10 days. There IS no way to directly talk to the claims department to solve this. It's always under investigation. I didn't provide the label. So I claim no responsibility for the value declaration. It is now between Adorama and UPS. It is ridicules that I am supposed to wait months for this to resolve it self when they have insurance and its their responsibility in the first place. Of course this could be resolved if I could talk to someone that is actually handling this but they make it exceedingly difficult. To the point that it seems shady.

AdoramaMicrosoft office

I ordered Microsoft office for Home and students online. The order went through just fine. The next day I received an email saying it was on hold, and to contact them. I did this, and got a return email saying they could not send it to my shipping address (street address) and that they would send it only to my billing address (PO Box). This would change my order from free shipping to a charge, so I replied asking if I would still get free shipping. My next email stated that the order was now canceled, as they have not heard from me. Really? Then with whom have I been emailing? So, I called. They agreed that they have heard from me, but then I was told since they have not received the information they requested, they canceled it. They NEVER ASKED for ANY information. I could reorder if I wanted. Do you think I want to go through this again?

Aug 10, 2020

Adorama — Delivery of a koss gmr-540-iso (order number [protected])

On April 20, 2020. I bought a Koss headset that I required for work during quarantine. I paid $50 in addition...

Adoramaadorama - great sales / very poor customer svc

Folks in the Philippines done even know where South Carolina in the US.
            Order # [protected] - place on 05/28 for delivery 05/29 next day air. No delivery today and find out the package is still sitting in NJ, arrived too late to the location for shipment. Call and spoke with Customer Svc numerous times after calling UPS and Customer Svc refused to call UPS to expedite the shipment for pickup at a UPS Svc Center location. After speaking with numerous people including Lucy and Sarena and getting hung up on by Sarena, I demanded to speak with a supervisor. I have NEVER had such POOR customer service in my life. They did refund the shipping but don't seem to want to do anymore for this issue. Adorama - NO MORE.

Adoramasimple quote for a used camera asked for.. but..

Simple,
              I asked to have a quote for a pristine still in the original packing Camera and a used 70-200mm fine lens.. with several extras. I double boxed and took great care in packing the material to send to them from Virginia. They did quote on the materials... which took them well over a week after it had arrived. The quote came in WAY under what I was willing to sell it for.. So I asked to have the material sent back to me. They indicated I would receive a shipping tracking number in 48 hours. 48 hours came and went and I called. They tried to give me another quote adding $200. Which was still WAY under what I thought the equipment was worth (they were selling a Used BODY of the camera for more than they were quoting.. mine included 2 fine lenses as well with many extras and filters...) Anyway I asked that the camera be sent back asap.. After several more days and many emails I was overnighted my equipment (Which I appreciated).. But the way it was shipped back and the packaging was horrible for $3000 worth of equipment... See the pics. The 70-200mm lens was sitting on the bottom of the box in the plastic wrapping... I will never order or recommend Adorama to anyone. NEVER.

Had I read the reviews earlier I would have NEVER sent the equipment.

Adoramabehringer eps500mp3 public address system

Purchased used from Adorama on Sept. 17, 2018. Received on Sept. 19th but it was defective and company provided a label to return it which I did Sept. 20. Adorama received it Sept. 25 and they have a policy of refund if sent back within 30 days. I have had multiple e mails saying that my refund is 'delayed'. E mails on Sept. 25, October 3 and October 11. I would like my refund without further delays.

• Updated by mbazeley · Oct 18, 2018

I received my refund October 16, 2018

Adorama — trade in practices are fraudulent and sleazy

I took a number of items (pro equipment) in for trade. I worked with several people (Josh Rubin, Alba...

Adoramadslr camera

as of 06/19/2018, I have ordered a camera on 06/15/2018 for a cannon rebel t7i, with a order number A2018061409453522762, up on tracking the order, it showed it was delivered by the door, but when I came back from work, I could see no package infront of my house, and I ordered it for one of my friends Birthday, which is ruined, and I tried calling to the customer care which said, store closed, so I need this issue to be resolved quickly. mostly refund

• Adorama's response · Jun 20, 2018

Dear Pasunuriraghu

Thank you so much for your recent order from Adorama, and for letting us know that you did not receive the camera that you ordered.
                      Can you please email me: [email protected] with your order number, so that I can assist you.
                      Please accept my deepest apologies for the disappointment caused, and I very much look forward to hearing from you.
                      Sincerely

[email protected]

Adoramavery poor philippine service people and unresolved questions

My latest order:
                    memory card case
                    card reader
                    table top tripod
                    software package
                    1- only received 1 battery holder for the dual charger sent. what good is the dual charger?
                    2- received the video light with battery holder but no battery. useless..
                    3- was charged (03/27 adorama inc 212-[protected] ny $4.68) after purchase was paid due to a back order. that's not right at all.
                    After spending almost an hour with your philippine service people (who could not be understood except for the ("i'm so sorry ron") my total frustration caused me to finally hang up. I have spent thousands of us dollars over the past 20 years with adorama and never had a problem. now with your total lack of us customer service, long holidays and short us hours, i'm sad to say i'm done with adorama. i'm giving up on the over charge to my account, the lack of properly equipped accessories and poor customer service, my money will now be spent with business's that respect their customers and are us reachable for service.

• Adorama's response · Apr 14, 2018

I was so sorry to see this, Ron. I also noted that you posted this same complaint on both 'Consumer Affairs' and 'dpreview'

If you email me directly: [email protected], I will be delighted to assist you.

• Updated by RonWish · Apr 15, 2018

Customer service was willing to refund my over charge and send 1 missing item.
                        I refused and will no longer deal with Adorama.

Ron...

• Adorama's response · Apr 15, 2018

1. According to the listing 2 Green Extreme Smart Charger Plates were included, but according to your order confirmation, only one was being sent

2- There was no mention on the listing of a battery being included with the Flashpoint 160 LED On Camera

3- If a charging error was made, then there would be no question but that you would be refunded.

4. Your main complaint as I understand it, is that because you pay in US dollars for your goods that you expect a US- based customer representative to take care of your requirements. As I explained to you, although our head office is on the East Coast, as a private family business we believe we can best serve all of our customers by employing representatives based in different time zones.

I am truly sorry that this decision offends you.

Adorama Camera

Adoramaunbelievable

The story that happened to me is unbelievable in a bad way.
                      I ordered some stuff in September. Now it's December and the items are still in processing. Can this happen for real? Because it's a nightmare.
                      I think that each employee from customer service department knows who I am because I am their pissed customer who wants his items to be eventually sent.
                      They promise and promise and promise, but nothing happens. I am so tired of this treatment.

• Adorama's response · Dec 06, 2017

Dear Pablo

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience ordering from Adorama Camera, although it looks as though you may have forgotten to include your order number or any kind of contact information, so I can help you.

If you'd like to email me: [email protected] with additional details I will be glad to see what I may be able to do to assist you.
                          Please accept my apologies for the dissatisfaction you felt, and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

BTW, if you ever have any future concern that you can't resolve, or simply a query about Adorama products or service, you are always most welcome to message me directly.

Adoramapackage tampering

I have been buying from Adorama for years, however, when I bought a new Nikon D750 from Adorama this November, I discovered they removed the OEM battery (which Nikon includes with the camera) from the box and substituted a cheap-o after market battery in its place. When I contacted Adorama, they offered to sell me the battery they took out of the box!!! This is the worst case of unethical behavior I have ever seen from a major retailer!!!

• Adorama's response · Dec 03, 2017

Dear Wendell

Thank you for your recent purchase and for your feedback here and on Reselleratings, however, I believe there may have been a misunderstanding.
                            The Nikon D750 comes with the original Nikon EL-en15 battery. The kit includes an ADDITIONAL off brand battery, as well.
                            If you are stating that the original Nikon battery was not inside the Nikon D750 box we can certainly arrange for a replacement Nikon ENEL15 to be sent to you.

One of my colleagues in the Customer Service Team will be reaching out to you later today, to confirm.

Please accept my apologies for any dissatisfaction you felt, and if you ever have any concern that you can't resolve, or simply a query about Adorama products or service, you are always most welcome to message me directly.

[email protected]

AdoramaI will never go back

I am disappointed. 4 months ago I ordered a present for my father who's a photographer. And the order hasn't arrived yet.
                          No, I wasn't even shipped. How do you like it?
                          ok, maybe the company cant handle things like this, but why us, your customers should pay ahead for something you can't control as you say? Maybe it's just another excuse not to look unprofessional. I don't know what is your reason, but I will never use you again and tell everyone you are unreliable. Goodbye.

• Nancy Miller - Adorama Oct 24, 2017

I was so sorry to read that this was your experience Steve, however, our procedure is to charge only when an order is shipped (and not if an order is cancelled), unless the item is being drop-shipped directly from the manufacturer. However, you certainly should not be waiting 4 months for this.

I'd welcome an opportunity to help you with the problem, but you didn't include your order # or any way I can ID you, in your complaint.

If you would like to email me: [email protected] with additional details, it will have my immediate attention.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the frustration and disappointment caused, and I very much look forward to hearing from you, and to resolving this quickly.

Sincerely

Adoramasite

Hi I've been getting kicked out of my account and the site sending me to a Bad Request site.I've done about everything I can do and it just seems to not change I've removed my cache I've deleted my cookies and nothing has changed, can you please help me. I'm a photographer, cinematographer, and I'm currently trying to purchase a massive amount of equipment for my business and my data is saved in the cart but it won't even let me access the site.
                            It says: Bad Request - Request Too Long

HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long.

Adoramatruly unprofessional!

I'm pretty much disappointed with Adorama and I will no longer be their customer. In the past I bought a camera from them and it took a long time to get it. They made a mistake and it took a long time to fix it, but in the end I received my order. About two months ago I decided to give them another chance and ordered camera lens.
                              My order arrived pretty fast but it was incorrect!
                              I had to waste my time and go through the entire return process. I sent it back and I hope that I'll get the correct lens.
                              They are highly unprofessional and they make tons of mistakes. I will not waste any more of my time.

• Nancy Miller - Adorama Apr 20, 2017

I was so very sorry to read that this was your experience, Chrisss00000, and have notified both our Shipping Manager and our Customer Service Manager.
                                  However, we are currently unable to identify any order from a Chrisss00000 in our system.
                                  I would therefore be grateful if you could please email me: [email protected] with your order number, so we can look into your complaint.

Please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience caused, and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Adoramaitem never received

I had one of the worst ever experience of my life working with Adorama Camera. Their customer service is very impolite and rude. I ordered a camera back through order number :A2017021413545559231 The product was supposed to reach me in 3 days. I never received it and when I am contacting them, they are being completely rude to me and giving me excuses about their some process, dispute and something else. I am continuously literally begging them to give my money back, or give me my item. Lesson learnt . Avoid Adorama at any cost. Do not buy from them. B&H or Amazon is the way to go.

Shame on you Adorama.

• Nancy Miller - Adorama Mar 13, 2017

Saurabh Chauhan
                                    You were given a FULL REFUND, by Adorama Camera, even though it was explained to you that UPS were investigating the loss of your package and that THEY would be refunding you.
                                    This refund was given to you, by Adorama, ahead of time, on condition that you removed the feedback you left on 5 separate review sites.
                                    This you have failed to do.
                                    We kept to our side of the bargain; you did not keep to yours.

Adoramavery disappointed

I have purchased a camera from Adorama and the one I received was defective and it was not working properly. When I contacted Adorama customer service they said that I can get a replacement and everything seemed fine, until later they said that my camera was no longer in stock. They said that I can pick another one if I want to. I refused and asked for a refund.
                                  So I sent the defective item back and soon received my money. I'm very disappointed with the quality! I needed that camera for a trip and with all that run around I was left without a camera.

• He
                                      HelenOster Jun 10, 2016

I was concerned to read your complaint, however, I am unable to address it in any detail without a way to identify your order. As I am sure you are aware, Adorama is a retail store; we do not manufacture cameras, and if there is a manufacturing fault with a camera purchase we have no options other than to exchange or refund.
                                      If a manufacturer has discontinued a line, we can only offer a refund.
                                      While I appreciate your frustration, in your position, I would be addressing my complaint to the manufacturer of the camera.

If you would like to discuss this further, you are most welcome to email me directly: [email protected]

Adoramalate delivery by adorama

I purchased a high def. music player online from Adorama.com on 10th of December. Now it is16th of December. When I bought it the seller was offering 1-3 days shipping method. I chose it. There was a friend of mine would come to my country on Wednesday and take the item to me. Now it is too late. And the item is stil on the way to the destination. I am very disappointed and sad. I do not know how to get the item now. I had trusted their claim of 1-3 days of delivery. Order Number: [protected]

• Ve
                                        Vehbi Dec 20, 2015

The item was shipped again from Kansas to Atlanta by paying USD 14.03 and it will be received in January by the end user and the item will be brought by someone who lives Atlanta and come to Turkey in January. Adorama is asked for paying this extra, unexpected shipping cost of USD 14.03 to the end user's PayPal account.

Comments

• Nancy Miller - Adorama Dec 18, 2015

I was concerned to read that this was your experience, and would firstly like to offer a sincere apology for the disappointment caused. This was due to an unprecedented and totally unexpected increase in Black Friday sales unlike anything we have previously experienced, combined with the logistical problems of the shipping company themselves.

Your order was delivered on Thursday December 17th; now we need to discuss what works best for you from here. Thank you for including your order number in your feedback, which has enabled me to identify your order. I will be emailing you directly so we can discuss the best way to help you
                                        Please accept my deepest apologies for your frustration.