Rite Aid Pharmacylost prescription

M

I put in 2 requests at the pharmacy: one was a refill and the other was new prescription. The intake person said it would take approximately an hour, which I thought was odd because they are not known for having several items in stock. I returned an hour later to find that the refill was complete, however they had to order the new script which would take 2 days.

I returned 2 days later and they said there was no prescription on file. I told them in great detail the description of the intake person at 6:30 PM on Monday, as well as a description of the guy who told me he would order it approximately 8 PM the same night. Luckily the second pharmacist was still working when I called. He had to search for the prescription & would call me back. Two hours later he called back to say he found my new prescription. It was filled the following day.

I think that's extremely scary that a pharmacy could "lose" a prescription, because they are all written on small pieces of paper. Even more terrifying is t here's been ID theft taken from prescription drug labels nowadays! Rite Aid's system of checks & balances had failed.

I'm concerned if I should go back there to fill my future prescriptions.

Thanks for letting me speak my mind,
McCrea

Pharmacy details:
Rite Aid, Bush St @ Larkin in San Francisco CA

• Ka
    Karen Oneill Dec 21, 2007

I think you are over-reacting. In college I was a clerk in a pharmacy, and we rarely lost a prescription but it would happen. The pharmacy gets busy and there are numerous prescriptions on the counter, customers get impatient and overwhelm the help staff with demands, the phone is ringing contsantly, etc., etc. It can get really crazy sometimes. Also, for all the automation it is much more complex delivering a presciption to a customer than it was even 15 years ago, when I was a clerk.

Your prescription was probably either inadvertently thrown away of misfiled, and I'm betting the latter. Just as an office can lose paperwork, a pharmacy can lose a prescription. Have you ever misplaced or lost an important paper in your job? I'm betting you have; and it's because you are human as much as the pharmacy staff. Something to consider.

stealth Nov 19, 2008

"pharmacy could "lose" a prescription, because they are all written on small pieces of paper."
    Does that make any sence. Because there written on small pieces of paper, the CAN be lost with the hundreds of other Small pieces of paper

• Me
    me2009 Mar 28, 2009

I had the same thing happen to me. WALGREENS DRUG STORE had my script and for two weeks and made one excuse after another for not filling it. I made 7 trips in two weeks, made two complaints to the mgr, one to the regional mgr, and one to corporate (not one called me back on this after saying they would all investigate). I wouldn't be so upset but it was for controlled narcotic pain killers and I went without for almost two weeks and went through withdrawl. The doctor could not re-write for 30 days due to the law. So I was without for 30 days. I suspect a coverup! No problem though, I have the local t.v. station investigating.

• Ji
    Jill Apr 14, 2009

I had a friend just call me to tell me that a pharm here in fl lost his script that he dropped off a few days ago. It was also for a controlled substance so it's not so easy to just go get a "new" one. The ignorant person who worked as a "clerk" 15 years ago has no idea what it is like to not only have extreme pain from brain cancer OR how it feels to have those medications abruptly stopped. I want to know what my friends options are here. Who to report this to? Anyone know? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks~Jill
    [email protected]

• On
    OncoDude Feb 25, 2010

[email protected] This is David Stanley Monroe a pharmacist with Rite-Aid. Email him your complaint as he has corporate's ear.

• Va
    Vanners Mar 19, 2015

I had the same happen thing kinda happen to me at the Rite Aid in my college town. I dropped off a new prescription to be filled at the pharmacists a month ago. They took it and ran my insurance info through and said it needed to be updated. I didn't have the new info for the insurance on hand and they gave me my current prescription and had me pay for it. I saved the receipt so later on I was able to get a refund for my birth control i had to pay for a month ago since I was able to get my new insurance info. And I told them I gave them a new prescription from my doctor for a different kind of birth control pill a month ago. One of the pharmacists looked it up and told me that there wasn't any new prescriptions on file. What should I do? Should I go back to my doctor to get a new prescription?

• Ji
    Jimmy1987 Sep 10, 2018

I had brought a card from your store, and when I tried to use it didn't work and it told me it already been used

Sto313 Oct 14, 2018

The video says it all:

• Je
    JenniferB1 Nov 12, 2018

I went into the Martin Ky rite aid on New Years Eve, of course buying alcohol it was New Years. When the cashier Josh (usually a pharmacy worker) asked how he was doing he said "oh just taking care of all these alcoholics coming in here". I thought that was very rude, if it wasn't for the"Alcoholics" he wouldn't have a paycheck.

• Se
    semaj777 Apr 27, 2019

he was rude, insulting, and called me a looser, i wanted to return a 10 dollar damaged product, with receipt, he refused

• Sc
    SCookx3 Aug 14, 2019

@semaj777 Sounds like the cashiers at the Ridgecrest CA store.

• De
    Deborah Yator Jun 30, 2019

Lisa Preedy allowed a customer to cut in line in front of me, despite my telling the offending customer it was not OK to cut me in line. This is unprofessional and unacceptable. This woman is NOT assistant manager material. She should be reprimanded for this type of unprofessional behavior.

• De
    Desert_Fox Jul 30, 2019

Cashier was too busy talking with her boyfriend who looked to be also an employee to deal with customers waiting in line to checkout.

• Why would you allow a dating couple to work the same shift? At the front counter they were more interested in each other then helping customers, Bad service won't be going back.

• Am
    Amanda0171 Aug 18, 2019

I have been in the Ridgecrest store only a few times over the years, but I always seem to have the same issue. Why are there never employees at the front counter or if they are there why are they to busy talking to other employees. Need to get people who want to work and get rid of the ones who don't.

• Pa
    PaulaBell Sep 14, 2019

Do you think your older lady employee, I did not catch her name, working on the front cash register this afternoon, could maybe pretend that she does not mind helping customers? She was very rude and it seemed like helping me was going out of her way. They also need to more competent employees

• Da
    Dahmiqua Ladson Oct 26, 2019

I went into rite aid and I was followed for no apparent reason I don't like this at all and I think it was racially motivated there were other customers shopping as well and I was the only one followed I can be contacted at [email protected]

• En
    Enough58 Nov 27, 2019

Went through Rite-Aid drive-through yesterday evening and waited almost 15 min to get waited on. The customer service was talking to one of his friends. We hit the call button 3 times before he managed to wrap up his conversation and wait on his customers. Very poor service and will be moving my meds to another pharmacy.

• Su
    Suellen Dubac Apr 13, 2020

Rite Aid on Monroe Turnpike in Monroe CT. The employee said I wasn't 6 feet away from her. Very very rude. I'll never go there again. Train your staff. I work at Target. We don't treat our guests that way.

Stephanie Shooky Apr 25, 2020

graciela is rude, not customer friendly. she doesnt realize she's there 4 customers. get a better employee please