Rite Aidcashier tried to steal my debit card

I went into Rite Aid and wanted to pay for 2 items. I left my debit card on the counter and turned to my niece in the baby carriage to tend to her and then turned around again to address the cashier. He told me the total so I nodded and he seemed like he was wating for me so I said u have my card ... and he said I dont have your card. I said you do have my card because I put it right here on the counter and now its gone... he got annoyed and said I do not have your card ... so I got alittle louder and insisted that I had put my card down and turned to give the baby the pillow I had just bought her and began to draw the attention of other shoppers so then when he realized I was not going to just give him another card and kept insisting I left my debit card in front of us he began looking around and proceeds to pull my debit card out from under need the couter about 3 feet away ... well i went basically nuts and made a scene and asked for a manager because there was no way in hell i wanted him to continue helping me nor could he explain how my card got behind his counter 3 feet away except that then he said oh i must have accidentaly grabbed it when i was throwing away the ticket from the pillow but i insisted that is not the garbage pale which was clear as day behind him... he told me i was "buggin" was the term he used and then the manager after being paged 3 times arrived i explained what happened and she finished my transaction and told him to stop answering and mouthing off to me... i am calling the main company but wanted to see if there were other complaints of this happening and chose to post this... I am sure there is security cameras so I would love to see this

• Am
    amymanda Jun 18, 2010

I think you are nuts and looking to start fights because you are severelly unhappy with your life. There is no need to cause a scene when the manager came up and tried to help you. It's people like YOU that make customer "service" a living, breathing hell. These people are not your slaves, they are human beings that, yes, make mistakes, and the reason they "mouth off" to you is because, again, you are crazy. Adjust your meds.

• Ki
    kikimags Sep 23, 2010

Are you sure he tried to steal your card; or did he just make a mistake? Really, where do you get off accusing him of trying to steal your card and then expecting him t0 not "mouth off" to you? I have a feeling you are a very negative person in your everyday life. Don't darken the doorstep of Rite Aid any more and attribute to these poorly paid, underappreciated employees' day full of cranky customers. And yes, ErinSadler, I am an adult with a debit card. I'm not an adult that assumes the worst about people, makes scenes in public and then proudly tells the world about it on the internet.

• Ad
    ad1983 Jan 02, 2011

For one why would you leave your debit card on the counter and turn your back? Thats just stupid. So if he did do it that would be your own fault. Don't you know you can't trust many people in this world?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices