Ricki'sdamaged product and managers attitude

On Sunday October 15, 2017, I went to Bayshore shopping centre and ended up in Rickis, which is a store I really like. I bought two pairs of tights. One that is solid black and the other that had a design for a promotional sale of two for $20. On Monday I wanted to wear the solid black tight and upon taking it out of the package I noticed a tiny hole and pulled thread. As someone who wears tights all the time, I know once there is a hole it is bound to fray. And so I put it back in the bag and into my purse and chose another pair and decided to return it to Rickis for an exchange. Today (October 19, 2017), I happen be by St. Laurent Shopping Centre. I decided to dash to the store to exchange the tights. I went in and a young male sales representative, who was pleasant, asked if he could be of assistance. I informed him that the tights had a hole and therefore wanted and exchange. He said it should not be a problem and that it can be exchanged.. I therefore picked up the same tights and the same size and waited in the line up to exchange the tights. When my turn reached, briefly explained to the lady at the cash that I wanted to exchange the tights as they had a hole. She immediately explained that they are a final sale. She looked at the back of the receipt to show me where it says that earings and tights and products are a final sale once they are worn or removed from the package. It does not take rocket science to know if tights have been worn or not. In fact mine were still in mint condition only that it was out of the package. I explained that I could not have known unless I removed it from the package. She then took my receipt and wrote across it :"final sale" without even considering if there were other products on the receipt. I found that quite rude. I also do not understand how someone that had not been initially marked as a final sale was now becoming a final sale since I wanted an exchange. I asked if I could speak to someone else. She said in a rather arrogant manner that she was the manager. I asked if I could speak to the head office she provided me with the number for customer service, which is [protected]. She also explained that I can call them and most likely I would be asked to mail the product back to Rick's to be verified. (PLEASE NOTE, that I am quite comfortable mailing the product for you to confirm that it is still in mint condition and with a hole on it. )I asked her what her name is and she said it is Maria. I explained that I would contact customer service to express my situation.
First and foremost, I do not appreciate a final sale being written on the receipt given that it was not the case when I bought it from Bayshore. I believe that her intention was to prevent any opportunity for a possible exchange as a final sale on the receipt indicates that I agreed to it upon purchase. As a long long time shopper of Rickis, I can say this is the first time I have seen this done.
I do not have time to waste for $10. There are many many vendors who sell tights and equivalent prices and can stand behind their products. I would like a refund of my money or a replacement of the tights. I am more than happy to mail to you the tights and the receipt for your examination and decision.

Following this unpleasant experience, chances are that I would not be quick to shop at Rickis in St. Laurent, and any other Rickis for that matter if this is the policy on returns/exchange of defective products.

Lena