Richmond American Homes — Rip off!
I just want to forewarn any contractors considering working for Richmond American Homes. They play games with their billing paperwork, frequently taking months to resolve simple issues. Then suddenly you're time's up for collecting any money they owe for this, that, and the other - and you have to write that off, because they owe you thousands more, and what's a couple of thousand compared to tens of thousands?
They backcharge you without cause, because they have to backcharge somebody to justify that line item. Their house packages are frequently wrong, and require on-site orders and adjustments, which only prolongs what should be a seamless operation - particularly given the size and scope of this builder. And too often it's not the companies who's owners golf with the big shots at RAH which get backcharges, but the little guys who just have to suck it up if they want to keep working.
They'll try to strong-arm you into doing things without getting paid for them, not on site, but just with paperwork. Too often their employees are far less educated about the actual job sites than they are about the forms and reports required in the office. Trying to explain to an office geek why you should get paid for that extra work is like pulling teeth.
And then the next thing you know they owe you over $100,000, or $500,000, and they want a discount, a break on work you've already done. Once again, you're in the position of having to take what you can get, or file suit and lose the work. In short, they are a powerful employer in the construction business, but poor financial ethics proliferate this company, making it a dangerous proposition to work for them unless you have legal counsel on retainer.
Of course, all the savings they're able to achieve by ripping off the honest working men who are building these homes they sell are paid out in multi-million dollar 'Production Bonuses' to the CEO and President and their families...
More Richmond American Homes Complaints & Reviews
- Richmond American Homes - No refund of deposit!
- Richmond American Homes - They are the worst
- Richmond American Homes - Do Not Build with them
- Richmond American Homes - Don't buy
- Richmond American Homes - Leaky ceiling and poorly installed front door
- Richmond American Homes - Lied To me
- M.D.C. Holdings / Richmond American Homes - windows disconnected from frame and leaking, multiple faulty plugs, bad inside framing
- M.D.C. Holdings / Richmond American Homes - false promises
- Richmond American Homes - new home
- M.D.C. Holdings / Richmond American Homes - poor and dangerous craftsmanship performed in kitchen