Ribenadon't limit customer choice - you don't need 2 reduced/sugar free versions

J

What a disappointment that you have decided not to allow customers the choice of Ribena without artificial or reduced sugar content. Don't spin me the patronising health benefits - I'm an adult, well educated individual (as most of the UK are), yet suddenly I can no longer choose to purchase products I have enjoyed for many years. This is about choice - why are you treating us like children that need to be mollycoddled. Well, I'm just another loyal customer lost, the sad thing is I'll probably always miss that original (and best) Ribena taste.

• Cr
    CRDS 832 Nov 30, 2020

I emailed Ribena soon after they changed their formula to ask the same question.
    More specifically to ask why they had kept the same packaging and tried to pass this off as the original formula, without highlighting the change to artificial sweeteners.
    The bottle claims that the are no artificial flavourings but that is simply not true and should really be a matter for the advertising standards agency. What are artificial sweeteners if not flavourings!?
    Ribena didn't reply to this point.
    The new formula is awful and I can't see why they felt the need to do this as they already had a sugar free version on the market.
    I will not be buying Ribena again as it tastes foul.
    For information, Belvoir make a very nice blackcurrant cordial, with no sweeteners, which is a suitable replacement.
    I'd imagine that Belvoir are doing very well out off this fiasco while sales of Ribena plummet.

• Fa
    Fatbloke-Dim Jul 31, 2019

Choice? NOT allowed!! Dirty words! I get a lingering, horrible sweetener taste/feeling persisting for 24 hours plus after drinking . Most odd, and don't know how many others get this . This from the "full strength" version, too, as I won't but or drink no sugar crap . And I'm not obese, by the way. Won't be buying it no more. Vimto went a long time ago, too, but I have a source of supply for the proper stuff . Manufacturers won't acknowledge complaints ot issues, and deny us the choice they promised us in many cases. Nanny state at work, everything has turned to crap . And where's Sarsaparilla, too, whilst I'm ranting?

• Li
    Linda Greenaway Oct 28, 2018

I am filled with enormous disappointment!!! Where has the vey much loved Ribena gone??!!!
    I hadn’t bought any for months & months, thought I would give it another try...YUKKKK!!! It’s disgusting!!!
    I poured it from the bottle into my glass, added water, tasted it...added more Ribena...tasted it...added more Ribena...tasted it...no matter how much I added it did not improve!
    It tasted like unpleasant, flavoured water!!!
    Poured the contents of my glass & the bottle down the sink!!!
    One of my Sons was here at the time, he always loved Ribena, all of my five children did, also their children, now none of them will buy it anymore!
    I NEVER buy ‘sugar free’ anything!
    I DO NOT CHOOSE TO!
    So why am I & many others expected to settle for a choice made for us?!
    You have lost so many customers & sadly taken away an old favourite!
    Hope you are happy with yourselves!