United Payment Services Complaints & Reviews

United Payment Services Misleading, dishonest practices

Stay away from this company. There is nothing legitimate about them.
Very misleading. Knowledgeable account reps will encourage you to fill out an application with them over the phone and review on line. Encouraging you to quickly scroll to the bottom of the page for an electronic signature. BAM! you just signed a legitimate binding 3 yr contract according to their rude customer service dept. The only way to cancel is a $399 early termination fee of face collections.
There are countless complaints on the web about them. There are 72 complaints of the BBB of California, all with the same complaint. All 72 complaints end with their reply " We will enforce all signed contractual obligations." Someone needs to put these pit of venomous snakes out of business.
I am now dealing with their collection agency CRF Solutions. There is a report also about their collaboration. I am a small single business, who one day was asking questions about rates (ad on Facebook) and a week later and fighting to keep this company from helping themselves to my bank account.

• Ov

www.unitedpaymentservices.com
      866.886.4833

• Ri
      rippedoff2012 Mar 17, 2012

United Payment Services Is A BIG SCAM!
      Look at their website, this company does not even list a business address.
      All Lies. Rates are just to get you to sign the contract.
      Beware. Go to cost-co for better rates.
      This guy is a RIP OFF.

normalday Mar 12, 2012

www.UnitedPaymentServices.com

We did business with United Payment Services.
      This company is a rip OFF!
      Beware.
      They lie, cheat and steal!
      Beware!
      Very misleading . Not what I signed up for.

United Payment Services Fraudulent and sham company

I don't know if our company can be considered a victim, because we were smart enough to abandon the application process, based on the misleading tactics of the salesperson, Annette A.

She was most interested in getting our banking information, even before our account was approved. Now why would they need that info prior to approval? I can understand getting it prior to activation, but she was so intent on getting that bank info, and that explains the numerous complaints of unauthorized debits from folks' accounts.

Not once did Annette mention the annual fee, a fact we found out by doing due diligence before completing the application process. Even before a contract was signed, the company was lying to us, shouting about how it charges no setup fees, all the while lying in wait to charge the annual fee without disclosing it.

I also find it telling that the company doesn't include its rates on its website. Our business certainly lists rates. A company that doesn't list its rates, especially one that deals with credit card processing, is rather shady. By not listing these prices prominently on their site, they can pretty much do whatever they want, changing rates from contract to contract.

We just wanted to share our experience, so that others can know that it's best to not waste your time applying with this company. Their log of complaints with the BBB shows that they are clearly more interested in money than providing excellent customer service. That, combined with their less than stellar record on this and other consumer sites, should be more than enough for any right-thinking business to steer very clear of this company, whose tactics would not make it unreasonable to think that this may be a fraudulent and sham company.

United Payment Services — Fraud

I opened up an account with United Payment Services December 2010 for the processing of credit cards. I had...

United Payment Services OVER CHARGING

I OPENED AN ACCOUNT WITH UNITED PAYMENT SERVICES IN JULY OF 2010. UNFORTUNATELY THE BUSINESS HAD TO BE PUT ON HOLD FOR A FEW MONTHS WHILE I STRAIGHTENED OUT SOME PERONAL PROBLEMS. I ELECTED TO KEEP THE ACCOUNT OPEN. I BEGAN TO NOTICE THAT I WAS BEING CHARGED $66.98 EACH MONTH. I COMPLAINED TO MY SALES REP KARI GIBSONS, WHO WAS OF NO HELP. SHE TOLD ME TO GO TO CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY TOLD ME THAT I WAS OUT OF VIOLATION FOR SOME BOGUS CONTROL SCAN TEST. THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT ME AND I DIDN'T RESPOND - WHICH WAS A LIE!!!

I TOOK THE TEST WHICH I HAD NO IDEA WAS I WAS TAKING BECAUSE IT WAS SO LADEN WITH MERCHANT LINGO COMPUTER GARBAGE, AND WAS TOLD I WOULD BE CHARGED $24.95 EACH MONTH. AGAIN I WAS CHARGED FOR TWO MORE ADDITIONAL MONTHS AFTER, WITH NO RESOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM. DON'T USE UNITED PAYMENT SERVICES. IT IS THE WORST EXPERIENCE THAT I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY THIRTY YEARS OF BUSINESS EXPERIENCE. KARI GIBSON WAS GREAT WHEN SHE WAS SETTING UP THE ACCOUNT - TYPICAL SALES PERSON - WITH THE CONSCIENCE TO FOLLOW UP AND CORRECT MISTAKES AFTER THE SALE.

• Co
          ComicBoy Jul 07, 2011

I believe you may have been hit with the verification charge for you account. The one that basically says your not storing people's CC numbers, etc. You would have gotten this charge no matter what company your account was with, I remember seeing with the the company I have my CC with.

United Payment Services — Scam and cheating

I do not rip off customers. To my dismay, United Payment Services challenges almost all of my orders through...

United Payment Services Misleading poor customer service

Was mislead stating the equipment was FREE, then told afterwards was free to use. The contract you view online will show comments that do not show up after you sign. Will not follow through with rates agreed upon. Very poor customer service, high turnover of employees, so you'll never beable to deal with the rep who signed you up. Having things in writing does not help either.