Tribute Mastercard Complaints & Reviews

Tribute Mastercard — fraudulent credit compaby

I originally applied for an Imagine mastercard in 2007 when i was 19 years old. I did not understand fully...

Tribute Mastercard They are so cold and unresponsive to their once-best customers

I had, (i closed it when the interest rates skyrocketed)a Tribute Mastercard . I just had a ck clear on Sept 29th, and already in less than 4 days they have tacked on another 10.00 to my balance. this is appalling...and i was an excellent customer, with a great payment history. I am stunned they are so cold and unresponsive to their once-best customers. i have decided that if these (or any) kind of charges continue, addtl will follow on my behalf: i have already contacted my attorney--no threat here to anyone ----- just FACT.

Tribute Mastercard UNFAIR CC PRACTICE

My father is on a fixed income and was excited when he was able to get a credit card. He was only able to charge once and then his acct was closed. They stated that they were closing all accounts and that it was nothing personal. In the mean time they constantly charge himm 100.00 a year plus 10.00 a month mainteance fee. There was no one that we could speak with to have this matter resolved. We are hoping to take part with the class action suit as my father has used 25.00 on the card and he now owes over 700.00.
    They have got to be stopped.

1 Response
      • Th
        THE1WHOGOTITRIGHT Jun 10, 2010

HI CONTACT ME AND I CAN HELP YOU. I HAVE ALSO FILED A COMPLAINT HERE WELL ACTUALLY LETTING PEOPLE KNOW I GOT MY ISSUE FIXED AND THAT I CAN HELP. EVERYONE MUST THINK I AM A SCAM B/C NOONE WILL EVERY EMAIL ME. I HAVE DIAL UP AND THIS WEBSITE LOCKS MY COMP DOWN AT TIMES BUT I AM REAL AND I CNA HELP AND I DO NOT CHARGE AND MY HELP WILL COST YOU NOTHING MORE THAN WHAT WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PRINT AND MAIL TO TRIBUTE. THATS ALL. I CONTACTED THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION AND THEY GAVE ME ALL THE INFO I NEEDED. THANKS CASSIE HERE IS MY EMAIL ADDY [email protected]

Tribute Mastercard Closed Account and still charging me

I've been trying to rebuild my credit and have had the Tribute card for 2 years. I got a letter stating that they were closing my account but never told me why. At first I thought it was no big deal. I'd pay off the balance and be done with them but I opened my bill to find they are still charging me all the fees and taking 40 dollars out of my account every month and only 10 goes to the actual balance. A balance that I haven't even used! It's all the yearly fees. This can't be legal.

1 Response
        • Le
          lesh Jan 28, 2013

i am being sued by them, and i made payments after the closed out the accounts. i don't think this is legal!!! something needs to be done ASAP

Tribute Mastercard unfair business acts

I opened my account with tribute more than 3 years ago, my credit limit doubled in 6 months and I was proud of myself for having a good credit history with a company that reported to the credit bureaus every 3 months. It was August 2009 that I had just paid my card and I went to order lunch for everyone because we were moving and tried to use my card and the guy taking my order said that the card was declined, naturally I argued and got upset because I had available credit. I called tribute right away and Peter told me that ALL accounts have been closed based on a management decision. I told Peter they would never receive another payment from me because I was never notified that all accounts were being closed. I had always paid my bill at least a week in advance of the due date and was a loyal customer ... now tell me who did the right thing? It is now November of 2009 and I keep receiving bills from tribute, I am not paying for their unfair business acts and their unloyality to me as a good customer they can put that on my credit report!

Tribute Mastercard — I FIXED MY PROBLEMS PLEASE READ

OK ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH TRIBUTE PLEASE EMAIL ME AND I WILL HELP YOU THE BEST I CAN. I...

Tribute Mastercard BAD credit card practices

Here is an update. I filed a complaint today 11-20-09 with the FTC about Tribute mastercard. Everyone needs to call the FTC and put in a complaint that was screwed by Tribute. The FTC's phone number is: [protected]. The refrence number I was given is "[protected]. We need to do everything possible to get these people! I'm sure there will be a lawsuit against them soon. What I don't understand is "WHY" issue a new Tribute credit card and then not let us use it. Why not just send out a letter stating that they took over and are closing all the accounts? Why even go through the bs, unless there intentions were bad to begin with! This is what we all now know!!

Tribute Mastercard Closed Account

Like so many others, my account was closed without any notice. To top it off, I was on vacation (1000 miles from home). I spoke with Tribute on the 7th and 8th to let them know I was going on vacation and would be using my card. After it was closed and I called they said they mailed a letter on the 9th. Could they have not told me on the 8th not to use the card on vacation? I have filed complaints with the Federal Trade Commission, Better Business Bureau, Attorney General, and the Comptroller of the Currency Administrator of National Banks. I encourage everyone to do the same thing. I was charged $222 a year ago when I got the card, plus the monthly fee, and now I was just charged $100 for the yearly fee for this year. I think they should refund ALL fees, not just prorate the last fee charged.

7 Responses
              • Rw
                R Wells Oct 12, 2014

Wow, never mind, I had a brain fart. I got it!

• Rw
                R Wells Oct 12, 2014

O.K., I may not be that computer savvy but I cannot find a phone number or address for Tribute ANYWHERE!! I, too, am trying to "clean-up my credit, " I do not wish to excuse my debt, but how in the world can I contact them to make resolution if there is no contact information? Anyone know?

• Mr
                Mr. KMASS Nov 16, 2009

Tribute Mastercard. What can you say? Unethical? Yes! Bad management? Yes! Liars? yes! A*#holes? Yes! Well you get the idea. Do not let them intimadate you. Report them to the BBB. As well as their parent company First bank of Delaware. After paying on time for a year, my card was denied. So I'm thinking it's a mistake. I called customer service and tried to resolve the issue. Only to be directed to a man who could not speak any English other than your account has been permently closed. If any one still has a tribute card, you would be wise to pay it off, cut it up, throw it in a fire. They are a company from hell.

• Dg
                D.G. Wilson Nov 09, 2009

In trying to build my credit a few years ago, I was able to obtain a Master Card from Tribute. I believe the opening amount of credit was like $300. I have always paid my account on time before it was due and always paid much more than the minimum. Because of how I was paying my bill I received increases to my credit line. I made it up to $1000 line of credit. All of a sudden I receive a notice that my line of credit would be done away with and that I was to make my scheduled payments as always until it was paid off and they would be sending another card# for this. I was shocked and was told when calling that it was a management decision. I accept this and will be making my final payment this next m onth but...my concern is, how will this affect my credit rating that I have worked so hard to build. I have other credit cards that I pay and use when necessary but I feel that a notation should be in my credit report that I had nothing to do with their decision to close my account. Reading the other comments I share peoples concern.

• Ms
                mshoney girl Oct 05, 2009

I had the card for several years. lost my card; asked for replacement, they sent card and then cancelled account. program is discontinued for everyone. don't know how it will affect my credit score if account is closed. does anyone know?

• Tm
                tmiller72 Sep 23, 2009

I have had an account with tribute for several years. Last week I get a letter that they are closing my account. I have not been late paying on my account or over the limit. I do not know how this is legal to just close an account for no reason. I still have a balance of $800.00. They told me they are giving me a new account # to pay off my balance. They say that I am a valued customer, but that is not how you treat your valued customers.

• 01
                01Paul10 Sep 23, 2009

Please let me know what responce you get. I too had a hold on my credit for a deposit while out of town. When it was time to check out. My card was declined. I had to pay cash before I could leave. Four house of waiting in the lobby. I get in touch with my aunt who bailed me out. But of course I was a valued card member, after paying over two hundred dollars in fees, and right at ten dollars a month just to carry the card. I thought that I was doing the correct thing, I have had a 598 fico score before my card, then after two years of payments and carring 20 precent balance my fico went up to 684. I can only wonder what my new fico is going to be like now?
                Paul Blackstone
                [email protected]

Tribute Mastercard Bogess Cancellation

We have been in good standings with the Tribute Card Company. Went to use the card and it was declined. I assumed it was a mistake on the vendor's end.
              We were not overdrawn or late with our payments. No phone call or nothing from them letting us know that this process was taking place. We received a letter yesterday stating that Tribute was shutting down that program. Call them on the phone was sent to three different departments before we could get the correct person and still could not get a clear explanation when we inquired about the letter.
              I know times are hard but give me a break.
              Corporations and banks come on now. Do your jobs and handle your business and Give us a break...

Tribute Mastercard Customer Service the Worst

I have been a customer of the First Bank of Delaware ( Tribute Gold Mastercard) for over a year. Had excellent standing, no late payments at any time. Just made a $300.00 payment on 09/02/09. Went to a Target store today, 09/12/09 and my card was denied even though I had $610.00 credit available. Called Customer "No" Service and was told that the First Bank of Delaware had closed all of the Tribute Matercard accounts across the board. They have not sent out any notices to any of their customers and have no mention of this on their website. Lousy business by First Bank of Delaware. STAY AWAY FROM FIRST BANK OF DELAWARE!!

3 Responses
                  • Er
                    Eric Jansson Oct 18, 2009

Let do a class action law suit against this bank forn their shady practices

• Gr
                    grice Sep 14, 2009

I've been a Tribute Card/Bank Of Delaware customer since 8-2006. I've always paid my credit card bill on time. I've never missed a payment. In fact I've always paid far more than the minimum payment each month.
                    I had a minimum payment due the first week of this month of $15.00. I paid(online)$150.00. I went to use my credit card today at a department store only to have the card declined. I came home and called the 800 number to be told Bank Of Delaware has decided to close all Tribute card accounts. Automated announcemt says all accounts, regardless of credit or payment history, have been terminated. When I get a live agent on the phone the man(who barely speaks English)tells me what the automated msg says. I ask for an explanation. The man goes on to repeat what the automated msg said. I then ask for a manager in an American based call center. I'm told that isn't possible, even though I've been requesting American based call centers for the last 12 months. I then call back with another question only to repeatedly receive a busy signal.
                    I've been a faithful and loyal customer of Tribute/Bank of Delaware customer for three years despite their outrageously high interest rate and this is the treatment I get! It's disgusting that a company can throw their customers under the bus like this without suffcient notice. This couldn't have been a spur of the moment decision on BOD's part. Surely they knew when they sent out statements they were planning to discontinue providing service to us. IMO they didn't tell customers of this shady decision until after they were sure payments would be in.
                    I don't know if there is anything we as customers can do but I've contacted my state's attorney general. I was told by the AG's office to contact the FDIC. The woman at FDIC advised me to file a formal complaint with their office against Bank Of Delaware.
                    To anyone who in future who gets an offer from Tribute/Aspire card(Bank Of Delaware)I advise you to throw away the offer! This company can't be trusted to treat their customers with any type of loyalty or respect.
                    Tribute/Aspire/Bank Of America isn't a company one should get involved with!

• To
                    tonbai Sep 13, 2009

Just received a notice on 9/12/09 that my account was terminated, no reason . I always paid on time and paid over the min amount. I will call on Monday and see what they are up too. If they can't give me a good enough answer, then I will pay it off with less then min payments. This is no way to run a bank, guess Obama's stimules money went to heads of company not bank.

Tribute Mastercard — Account closure

To all Tribute MasterCard holders who were unjustly cut off. There is only one recourse. If you have an...

Tribute Mastercard — Card Closure

I am absolutely LIVID, Tribute has dropped my credit limit to $0, dispite the excellent credit I have with...

Tribute Mastercard lousy customer service

My husband passed away recently and I have been going through his credit cards and cancelling them. Every other company has been easy to deal with - they made a note on the account and will freeze activity until I get a copy of the death certificate. Most of them have told me I don't even owe them any money. (His balances were very small, if anything.)
                  When I called Tribute to cancel or freeze the account I was told they would not do anything without the death certificate. I can understand that, although they should at least make a note on the account. I then asked them to freeze the upcoming auto payment - they said they could only do that with the authorization of the card holder! It's only a $21.00 payment, but at this time every penny is important! I spoke with two supervisors and they could not have been more unfeeling - no other credit card company treated me this way. It may not sound like much but when you have an unexpected death every $21.00 is very important! I guess to them it is important enough to be cruel to someone who is obviously struggling to get through something.

This company is disgusting!!

4 Responses
                    • De
                      delta135 Sep 29, 2009

The customer service is extremely lousy. I received a call from Tribute and I have throat problems and could not speak well. I advised the agent that I was very ill and I would call them back in two days. She was very persistent to get me to approve the payment from one of my three bank accounts that was on file. I explained that I did not have the info available and I was very ill and can't talk. She explained that she did not need me to talk, just get out of bed and get the information or just let her know what account I would like for her to bill. She continued to dismiss my plea for her to call back or I would call when I felt better. She was so rude, so I hung up the phone. These people will be stopped.

• Bm
                      bminor Sep 12, 2009

yes just found out myself about the closure what a- holes.

• Da
                      Dave_70115 Sep 10, 2009

I had the same experience this morning when I was trying to check out at a store and the card didn't work - I had over $700 in available credit! So i called to inquire, and the customer service guy was (of course) completely short and rude.
                      I think it's overall an improvement to the credit card industry that they're no longer doing business... glad to see them go.
                      Orchard Bank should be next :-)

• Sp
                      SparksJeep Sep 08, 2009

I agree with you about the company being disgusting! I just tried using my card this past weekend and they cancelled all credit cards without so much as a call! I was so embarrassed to find this out while I was eating with my friends and having to ask them to buy and let me pay them after. I could have withdrawn the funds for the meal from my account prior to going but knew I had over $300.00 available on my account and the bill was only $40.00. I called and they say that they have cancelled all cards and will not be reissuing any in the future. I then asked for a refund on my annual fee since they did this and they stated that I had the priviledge to use their card so would not be receiving a refund. I had never missed or been late on any payment but I get treated like trash. Bad customer service and bad rates all add up to a bad experience. I will never recommend the First Bank of Delaware to anyone, since they are the card issuer.

Tribute Mastercard unexplained account closing

I have had Tribute Mastercard account going on three years now. As of Nov. 2008 it has been closed. For over a year I paid my account on time and more than the minamum payment. I received credit line increases as they stated they would do if I kept up my payments. In Oct. 08...I read on-line that they were having problems with the mailing address and not to mail your payment to that address. However I had the correct address on the my bill so I sent in my payment on-time. I checked after 5 days to see if it had been posted which was nomal for my account.
                    After 10 days I called an spoke to a customer rep...she said to wait another 2 business days they had been having problems because of the address mess-up. So I waited another 3 days before checking...no payment had been posted however after this time it was late so the late charges were added. I called back and was informed that the bar code on some of the envelopes were wrong and that some of the envelopes were returned to the customers. Tribute started calling me regularly and wanting a payment...I kept telling them since they were not certain where my check was I woul like to wait a couple of days to see if it was returned to me. I finally after 3 weeks got the check back in the mail and on the envelope was return to sender no such address which was wrong because it was the correct address. Meanwhile they closed my account due to non-payment and no matter what I said it all fell on deaf ears. I had no knowledge that the bar code on the envelope would cause them to refuse my payment...nothing was mentioned on their website about bar codes being wrong just addresses.
                    I really believe this was a set-up to get rid of customers. As of now the account is closed and I am still paying on it. However last month they obviously sold my account to someone else and have charged me transfer fees which I am disputing...probably to no avail...I imagine I will be stuck with paying it. This is a foreign company that is getting away with charging extreme fees and suckering people into thinking they are helping your credit. WRONG...stay away from them. I certainly hope the new credit card laws will put them out of business for good!

8 Responses
                      • St
                        Starr Dec 22, 2015

I had a Tribute Master Card ($1000 credit) for about 6 months or so, I used it once for my anniversary gift for my husband. I live in Hawaii, so EVERYTHING is expensive here. We took a trip to the Big Island, stayed in the same hotel my husband picked out the first time we traveled there five years ago for our fifteen anniversary. Anyway, I started paying my bill online for about 6-7 months, the next thing I know they changed banks (no notification), and proceeded to CLOSE my account when I was down to about $500. Now Jefferson Capital LLC is SUING me for balance due ($1066.27). I have to go to court in a few days to clear this up. Go figure! They have ruined my credit for getting other credit cards. Makes me sick that my credit is dust! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to grin and bear it! Buyers beware!

• Sm
                        SMJ1955 Oct 17, 2009

I called Tribute on August 24 or 25 due to I notice a payment I had made was returned and I did not know why. I spoke to representative to find out what the problem was and was told that there was problem with my bank. After the customer service reviewed my account it was discover that I was one number off. I had made the payment online; I was very sick that night and made a typo. After this was found out I immediately made the payment and the late fee was removed. It was never told to me that my credit card would be closed and I never received a letter stating that either. In talking to the representative they stated that they could see I never miss a payment, was always paid on time and paid more than my minimum payment. When I received my next bill I notice that I had a zero credit line, again I called to see what the problem was and that is when I was told my account was closed. I had to explain the previous issue to him several times because he did not seem to be listening, and then I ask to speak to a supervisor.

The problem I have with this whole situation is I was never told that my account was going to be closed and I have yet to receive any correspondence regarding the closing. Also being a good customer and my pay history should have been taken into account. I work in a credit department of a multimillion dollar international company and when we have this type of issue we look at the overall picture of that customer account. If it was just a simple error we give that customer the benefit of the doubt. I could see Tribute closing this account if I was a bad paying customer. Needless to say, I am quite frustrated, hurt, and disappointed in the action of this company. And they are still are charging ten dollar monthly maintenance fee. I also will be calling the FTC, thanks amc1954 for the information

• Am
                        amc1954 Sep 30, 2009

they did the same to me and I already file with the FTC...next the Federal Reserve and FDIC...contact Greg Ryan at [protected] and let him know he is in their exextutive offices

• Kw
                        kwhit Sep 20, 2009

I made a formal conplaint with the Fair trade C my spelling off sorry .they are not going get away with crap this time the saulte was bad enough also if you Aspire visa card watch out same company

• Wh
                        WhatCanYouDo Sep 14, 2009

Just received a letter today from Tribute stating they were closing the credit card accounts effective immediately, after they received payment. No warning - no notice. In the letter they state they have the right to still charge their ten dollar monthly fee. I don't know why they feel they can still make money off of us when the card is not usable. Credit card companies are still finding ways to screw people.

• Hi
                        H.inman45 Sep 14, 2009

I have had a Imagine Account for 3 yrs..paid twice a month. Now two weeks after I receive Tribute because they bought out Imagine..they cancelled my account..said it was for ALL card holders! Not going to reflect on me but it pisses me off because I have to start all over

markallenv Jun 24, 2009

Hi
                        I have the same problem with tribute 6/24/09 I usually mailed my payment and in june was unable to, so went to website and decided to pay the 5.00 online fee so the payment would be on time. it would not take routing number. so I called them and as usuall the woman on the other end, I could hardly understand, said that they were having trouble, and could I give info over phone? I said no way! this is tributes fault and I expect you to waive late fees, and I will mail it to you today.she stated that was not possible. so I decided to just pay in July, well after only a week being late, they canceled this card and said they wanted payment for balance and that my account was closed. what a joke if the gas and light companies turned us off for being a bit late we would all be in the dark. I let them know how unhappy I was, that will do alot of good LOL. and advised them not to hold their breath for a dime from me !! and I will live with the negetive on my credit.
                        do not apply for this card.

• Fu
                        Fustrated in Riverside Jun 18, 2009

Same story except when I call they give me two different excuses as to why my account was closed. The first time it was because I missed a payment but when I reviewed my online banking records, I have never missed a payment and even payed them twice in a month! Once I debunked that excuse they gave me some lame ### excuse that because I was over my limit for just two weeks, they closed my account.

I can't wait to pay it off. What a bunch of crap!!

Tribute Mastercard — cancelled account

ive had my card for 3 years now.. i sent my payment in of feb 26 it was due mar 8th. so march the 12th they...

Tribute Mastercard Scam

I opened a Tribute Mastercard account one year ago. I've paid all my payments on time, and above my minimum payment. I was given two credit line increases for being a "good customer". Last week my online pharmacy charged something to my card that I had not ordered, and which put me $20 over my credit limit. I immediately sent in a payment to bring my balance down. Two days later Tribute cancelled and closed my account and upped my interest rate to 35%!

Basically this whole thing was a scam. The company waits for a customer to make the most minor infraction, knowing that almost everyone will either be a day late or go over their limit at some point, then they close the account and rob you blind with a bogus APR increase. I've filed a complaint with the FTC and advise nobody to do business with them

They are owned by First Bank of Delaware so beware of them as well.

6 Responses
                        • Ky
                          kydude Sep 26, 2010

i agree they pulled the credit card but people that had balances are paying the price trying to pay it off while doing so tribute charges more and more to the account since they closed the tribute mastercard out my balance was $360.00 i have been paying it down each month i got my statement in the mail i owe $460+ not right at all

• Te
                          TexasBandit Sep 16, 2009

Alot of people are gettng CLIs, but try to use it. Everyone else who just got increases, tried and OOPS! No way, Jose. I have been a member since 07 and always on time, over pay. I got my letter. Mooke, are you saying these people can't do their finances? Shame on you. A Bank or Credit Card company should never APPROVE an amount over your limit. That is one reason consumers are having a hard time. The OD fees alone would take care of the HealthCare problem. Not everone is perfect.

• St
                          Steve in Long Beach Sep 04, 2009

They are closing all lines of credit.. Mine just got shut down after making a $200 payment.

• Da
                          Dan_33 Sep 03, 2009

I opened my account with tribute on 09/02/2008 & to date I haven't had any problems with them. I started off at the $ 70.00 credit limit and I'm not at $ 750.00 in only 1 year. I just hope they don't pull any fast 1's on me like they apparently had done to some people. If anything changes I'll report back but, as of now, I haven't had any trouble with them. Also, I've heard that they were closing all accounts as of early this year but, Mine is still open & I just got another CLI yesterday. Not sure if they are closing accounts anymore but, someone told me the company is healthy & functioning well.

• Mo
                          Mooke Apr 18, 2009

then maybe both of you should try a debit card, perhaps reverting back to cash. Some people can't help it, they just do not know how to juggle finances.

• Fi
                          fireman09 Mar 27, 2009

this is a worthless creditcard company i wish the feds would shut them down...