Fitness Hub Complaints & Reviews

Fitness HubBogus Charges

I ordered on line through Amazon a sports drink that was provided by GotBody.com in April 2009. For 4 months after my purchase I received an unknown charge for $29.95 from Fitness Hub on my credit card, a vendor I had never heard of. I have called Fitness Hub 3 times now to request a refund for the 4 unauthorized charges- I received only 1 credit on my account statement that appeared in Septemeber. I called toady inquiring about the other 3 and was told that they had issued 2 additional credits on the same date that I received the 1st one . The Fitness Hub supervisor said he would have to conference in my credit card company to verify that I had actually not received 3 credits. The supervisor asked if I was OK with giving out the last 4 digits of my SS # and my mothers maiden name or any passwords the CC company might request with him on the line!!! Sure Buddy!!
These people really slimy! Be careful out there!!!

• On
      Online Customer Service Oct 30, 2009

Our company represents some of the Fit Factory programs which may show on a billing statement as Fitness Hub. Fit Factory is a companion program that comes with various online health products or dietary supplements and I apologize for any misunderstanding that might have occurred when you purchased your product online.

All pertinent information about Fit Factory was provided when payment information was entered for your product and before final submission of your order - this provided you access to all the terms and disclosures, as well as Customer service numbers, for greatest support and success with your product.

Here is the disclosure that is directly on the sales page before final submission of your order:
      "As special bonus gifts, we're offering you free 14-day Trial Membership to Diets Central and a free 21-day Trial Membership to SmashCosts. By checking the acceptance box, you will be enrolled in the Fit Factory and CostSmashers programs. These are free trials, with no obligation to continue. You can cancel at any time during your 14-day or 21-day trials by calling [protected]-5361M-F, 24 hours a day and you will be charged nothing. If you like your memberships simply do nothing and you'll automatically be charged only $29.95 a month for Fit Factory and $2.97 a month for CostSmashers memberships. Remember, you will not be charged for the free trials, and you can cancel at any time."
      The customer is also given the opportunity to opt-out of the Fit Factory trial membership before submitting their order.

Your post mentioned that you have contacted Customer service. Our company strives to give the highest standard of quality customer service and you stated "The Fitness Hub supervisor said he would have to conference in my credit card company to verify that I had actually not received 3 credits. The supervisor asked if I was OK with giving out the last 4 digits of my SS # and my mothers maiden name or any passwords the CC company might request with him on the line!!!"
      Our company does not request this type of personal information - ever. To clarify what most likely happened: If refund(s) have failed, our supervisors may offer to initiate a 3way call with the customers bank or credit card company to verify the refunds that were not received, and when doing this, they want to make sure a customer is aware that they (the customer) may need to verify certain account information with their credit card company. Before making the call, the supervisor will want to make sure the customer is comfortable doing that with them on the line, and if they are not (which we certainly understand) it is then suggested the customer call us back with their bank or credit card company already on the line so that we may assist them further.

Customer service for Fit Factory can be reached at [protected], 24 hours a day /7 days a week.

If you are another customer that is reading this and you have already tried customer service, but feel that we have failed you in some way or you feel you weren't treated fairly please call me directly at [protected], or email me at [email protected], I will be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Fitness HubUnauthorized Credit Card Charge

Fitness Hub made unauthorized charges to out credit card for August and September 2009 for $29.99 each time. We have never heard of this company before and have never purchased from them. It turns out, according to Fitness Hub, that Got Body.com compromised our credit card information as we had made a purchase from Got body in July. It seems Got Body and Fitness Hub have a little scheme going.

We called our credit card company and disputed the charges, cancelled our card due to fraud, and have another card with a different account number coming to us.

We will never purchase from Got Body again. It's a shame as we were long time customers. In today's economy, how can a company gamble so with their reputation?

4 Responses
      • On
        Online Customer Service Oct 20, 2009

Our company represents some of the Fit Factory programs which may show on a billing statement as Fitness Hub. Fit Factory is a companion program that comes with various online health food or dietary supplements and I apologize for any misunderstanding that might have occurred when you purchased your product(s) online.

"As special bonus gifts, we're offering you free 14-day Trial Membership to Diets Central and a free 21-day Trial Membership to SmashCosts. By checking the acceptance box, you will be enrolled in the Fit Factory and CostSmashers programs. These are free trials, with no obligation to continue. You can cancel at any time during your 14-day or 21-day trials by calling [protected] M-F, 24 hours a day and you will be charged nothing. If you like your memberships simply do nothing and you'll automatically be charged only $29.95 a month for Fit Factory and $2.97 a month for CostSmashers memberships. Remember, you will not be charged for the free trials, and you can cancel at any time."

Customer service for Fit Factory can be reached at [protected] or [protected], 24 hours a day /7 days a week - and they will be happy to assist you in trying to locate an account and addressing your concerns.

DON'T BUY FROM GOTBODY.COM

I entered this complaint the morning of Sept. 10, 2009. The folks at GotBody and FitnessHub are keenly aware of their deceptive business practices, and they posted their comment to my complaint within two hours after I entered it at ComplaintsBoard.com.

Dear Brittney (GotBody.com Customer Service),

There may be an already checked opt-out formatted signup on the last page, but this is after providing my credit card information for the agreed upon transaction. The signup is not part of the original transaction and you are not authorized to bill my card. I expect compensation for the interest accruing from my credit card company due to your unauthorized charge.

Your email states that GotBody.com is working on discontinuing your relationship with FitnessHub; however, complaints listed on ComplaintsBoard.com show GotBody has been aware of the problems since January, 2009, and possibly earlier. As of September 10, 2009, GotBody.com and FitnessHub are stilll in partnership and it does not appear that you are trying to end your deceitful practices.

Bad Gotbody.com Sep 10, 2009

After making an online purchase from GotBody.com, my credit card received a charge of $29.95 from FitnessHub. This is a scam allowed by GotBody.com, do not purchase from that website.

I have made many previous purchases from GotBody.com with no problems, then they claim that on my last purchase I agreed to a 14 day free trial membership to Fitnesshub, and if not cancelled they begin charging my card $29.95 per month. The email confirmation from Gotbody.com does not list a membership to a different company. Going through the Gotbody.com purchase system, there is never an agreement presented to the customer, and their customer service people cannot produce the agreement. I called the fitnesshub [protected] number and a processing agent in the Philippines immediately agreed to refund my card, leaving the charge on my account for no more than 30 days. Her manager Mona Alera in the US gave me the Fit Factory address of 305 W Broadway #114, New York, NY 10013, and said they are not responsible for the interest charges resulting from their charge.

I called my credit card company, they said this charge will have a dispute filed against it and I will not be liable for the interest charges, and the Visa representative said they do get many disputes against Fitness Hub and Fitness Factory.

Do not purchase from GotBody.com, they are one of the companies giving the credit card information to Fitness Hub and Fitness Factory.

• Aj
        AJNelson22 Aug 06, 2009

I've never heard of this company until I saw a charge on my cc account on Aug 6, 2009. They charged my card for $29.95. I called and explained to them that I never authorized that charge and that it needs to be refunded to my account. They claimed I enrolled in some bogus fitness program when I bought online supplements, only nothing was ever stated that it was part of the order. They claimed they sent me a confirmation email, which I never received, with a customer client number, which again- I never received. They said they could only cancel my alleged account and will not refund the money. I did warn that if I have anymore unauthorized charges from the company, I will take legal actions. I filled a complaint and dispute transaction order with my bank explaining the situation. I'm now waiting to see if they'll refund my money. Lesson learned...NEVER BUY ANY SUPPLEMENTS ONLINE. Go to a fitness or drug store to buy any kind of vitamins, minerals, or supplements.

Fitness HubFraud - Unauthorized Charges

My mom received several bogus charges on her credit card account including $19.95, $79.69, and a $69.79 charges. She did order a "risk-free" trial of ColoCure/Trislim and was told that she would only have to pay $4.95 for shipping and handling. While talking to customer service, she was informed that there were hidden fees and a membership that goes along with the "risk-free samples". One representative said that they sent her an email informing her of all these fees, but she never received any information. At first, they told her that they would refund her "80% of the fees", but after going through several hoops and talking to several more people, they gave her a full refund and a refund account number. Until these charges showed up on her account, she had never heard of this company. I have read several other complaints that all say the same thing : Fitness Hub is a bogus company that ropes people in with "risk-free trials", but charges outrageous hidden fees. They scam.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          Our company represents some of the Fit Factory programs which may show on a billing statement as Fitness Hub. Fit Factory is a companion program that comes with various Dietary products and I apologize for any misunderstanding that might have occurred when you purchased your dietary supplement(s) online. Fit Factory offers our customers live chat support with licensed Fitness Trainers and Dietitians, flash galleries for yoga and workouts, links to recipes and can also assist with menu planning. This program also offers a variety of diets for special needs that can be customized to fit your nutrition and/or weight loss goals.

All pertinent information is provided before entering any method of payment information for your supplement - this provides you access to all the terms and disclosures, as well as Customer service numbers for your product and the companion program(s) that accompany it, for greatest support and success with your product.

Customer service for Fit Factory can be reached at [protected] hours a day, 7 days a week - and they will happy to assist you in trying to locate an account and addressing your concerns.

Fitness HubUnauthorized charge

I was charged $19.95 by this company and complained to their customer service department about this. They claimed I agreed to become a member of Fitness Hub when I requested a trial sample of a colon detox product. I never used the sample product and returned it unopened. The customer service rep first told me she would suspend my membership but could not refund my money. When I said I would report Fitness Hub to the Attorneys General office in Florida, she agreed to refund my credit card charge and gave me a confirmation number for the refund.

Fitness Hubunauthorized credit card charges

I rec'd a $29.95 charge on my credit card dated 7/2/09. I never purchased anything from these people. Upon calling I found out that I'd been enrolled into some on-line diet program after purchasing some water tablets from another on-line retailer. Their customer service people said that I didn't read the small print in enough detail and was automatically enrolled in this program. I had to get a supervisor to credit me back both the 8/3/09 charge that had apparently just taken place (unknown to me as I don't have that bill yet) and my 7/2/09 charge. They did credit me back my money and cancelled me out of their program. But, the entire thing was quite annoying.

Margaret - Alamo, CA

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Fitness HubI was billed 29.95 on my credit card for services I never ordered! Ihave never heard of this company and don't know how they got mycredit card nu

About 3 weeks ago I ordered a free sample of a colon cleanser, using my credit card only to pay postage of 4.95. Less than an hour later I tried to cancel the order but it came in the mail anyway and they charged my credit card 74.95. After a telephone call to them, they agreed to cancel the charge. But now, one day later, a charge of 29.95 from Fitness Hub. I have never heard of Fitness hub but am wondering if there is any connection. I have made NO online charges on my credit card other than that canceled colon cleanse order for over a month!!! This is my first experience with apparent credit card fraud.

3 Responses

DON'T BUY FROM GOTBODY.COM

I entered this complaint the morning of Sept. 10, 2017. The folks at GotBody and FitnessHub are keenly aware of their deceptive business practices, and they posted their comment to my complaint within two hours after I entered it at ComplaintsBoard.com.

Dear Brittney (GotBody.com Customer Service),

Your email states that GotBody.com is working on discontinuing your relationship with FitnessHub; however, complaints listed on ComplaintsBoard.com show GotBody has been aware of the problems since January, 2017, and possibly earlier. As of September 10, 2017, GotBody.com and FitnessHub are stilll in partnership and it does not appear that you are trying to end your deceitful practices.

Date: Thursday, September 10, 2017, 12:27 PM

Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2017 8:30 AM

• He
                Hep Aug 24, 2009

Check you previous bills. They operate under many names and make charges to your credit card. Always the same amount and always within the same few days of each month.

• Ls
                LST Aug 23, 2009

I have a charge of $29.95 on my credit card that I did not authorized. Fitness hub...Don't know the Have not ordered anything on line or by phone

Fitness Hub — Fraud - bogus credit card charges

I received a credit card charge of 29.95 dated 7/06/09 from the "Fitness Hub" in the state of Nevada. I have...

Fitness Hubbogus charge on my credit card

I, too was charged 19.95 on my credit card after trying ColoCure/Trislim for $4.95. I contacted TriSlim and they did not give my credit card information to Fitness Hub. I called Fitness Hub and was told that they can stop the "membership" but couldn't refund my money.
              The most frustrating thing about this is that they act as if I were the one that agreed to this membership. Bottom line: Don't go with TriSlim/ColoCure or give out your credit card on line!

• Er
                  Erds Aug 26, 2009

I received an unathorized charge of $19.95 as well related to the free sample of Colocure/Tri Slim which I cancelled as well. The phone number the post on the charge is wrong - the correct number is [protected]. Customer Service processed a refund and cancelled the account but only after several demands on my part. I even remember saying to the person on a confirmation call when I ordered the free sample that I did not want and was not to be charged for any fitness program. We'll see if the refund actually processes before I file a complaint with my bank on this company!

Fitness Hub — Bogus Charge

I have a bogus charge for 19.95 from a company called Fitness Hub on my debit card. I did not order anything...